Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Dark Void
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-08-2011, 07:01 PM   #1
NickoB1

Mr Heathcliff's Gamercard
Question DLC Achievement Difficulty?

Anybody know how difficult the DLC achievements are or how long it might take to do?
NickoB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:06 PM   #2
Ceejus

Send a message via AIM to Ceejus Send a message via Yahoo to Ceejus Send a message via Skype™ to Ceejus

Prepare to Lag's Gamercard
I was wondering the same thing. Does anyone on this board actually have the DLC? If this is an easy 250 points, I'll pick it up. Otherwise, a game like Dark Void just isn't worth the stress.
Completed + all DLC: 24 | Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Kazooie N&B, Banjo-Tooie, Dash of Destruction, Fable II, Fable III, Halo 3, ODST, Halo Reach, Harm's Way, Hydrophobia, Monopoly Streets, Silent Hill Homecoming, Sonic's UGC, Sonic Adventure, Sonic & Knux, Sonic & Sega ASR, Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Sonic 4 Ep. 1, South Park, Ult. MK3, WWE All Stars

Completed (minus DLC): 3 | Dark Void, Resident Evil 5, Force Unleashed
Ceejus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:39 PM   #3
rabies

Teamlead Taco's Gamercard
I'm in the process of rerenting it now..and I will go for it...but it will take a bit. If nobody else beats me to it, I'll let you all know how hard these are.
rabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:09 PM   #4
Trikke

Trikke den 1e's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Well, the achievements are pretty difficult IMO.
Trikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:11 PM   #5
BigApple3AM

BigApple3AM's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I played one of the two levels and made it to the third wave. I looked everywhere and could not find the enemies.

It was pretty fun up until that point though, and I have yet to play the other dlc level.
BigApple3AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:57 AM   #6
dar81281

Drog81's Gamercard
If you were doing Battle of Ghen Crag they are below ground level. You need to fly to one of the towers then drop to the bottom.
dar81281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:36 PM   #7
Ceejus

Send a message via AIM to Ceejus Send a message via Yahoo to Ceejus Send a message via Skype™ to Ceejus

Prepare to Lag's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trikke View Post
Well, the achievements are pretty difficult IMO.
Blah, one person with a high gamerscore saying that is enough to make me believe it. Guess that's -1 100% for me. I really didn't expect anyone to patch the DLC for such an obscure game out of nowhere like this after an entire year of hearing absolutely nothing.

I really can't understand Microsoft sometimes.

On a side note, anyone know what the Dark Void developers are doing these days? I'm surprised they're still in business.
Completed + all DLC: 24 | Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Kazooie N&B, Banjo-Tooie, Dash of Destruction, Fable II, Fable III, Halo 3, ODST, Halo Reach, Harm's Way, Hydrophobia, Monopoly Streets, Silent Hill Homecoming, Sonic's UGC, Sonic Adventure, Sonic & Knux, Sonic & Sega ASR, Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Sonic 4 Ep. 1, South Park, Ult. MK3, WWE All Stars

Completed (minus DLC): 3 | Dark Void, Resident Evil 5, Force Unleashed
Ceejus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:39 PM   #8
Bofur

Bofur22's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
So nobody really knows? Is anyone writing a guide for it?
Bofur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:05 PM   #9
RadiantViper

radiantviper's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I was hoping to get some solid answers, but yeah ... DLC fixed 11 months after it came out for a game most people didn't like? Kinda figured we wouldn't be getting many opinions.

I think I might just bite the bullet and see how it is myself. Then probably write a guide. I still need to find a copy of the game, though.
RadiantViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:22 AM   #10
rabies

Teamlead Taco's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantViper View Post
I was hoping to get some solid answers, but yeah ... DLC fixed 11 months after it came out for a game most people didn't like? Kinda figured we wouldn't be getting many opinions.

I think I might just bite the bullet and see how it is myself. Then probably write a guide. I still need to find a copy of the game, though.
yea..honestly..the only people who care at this point are those of us who are obsessive completionists who don't like the fact that suddenly this game is not 'done' on our gamercard anymore.

i've already bought it..but am waiting for the disc to ship from gamefly. Come hell or highwater, I plan to get them all..unless they prove impossible of course....there will be the crappy task of relearning the controls in this game and getting 'good' at it again..
rabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:14 AM   #11
RadiantViper

radiantviper's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Well, I just played for about an hour or so, and got every achievement but the 2 for the Abyss Canyon map. So from what I've heard, the only tricky one is for 4.5 million on that map.

The ones I got were pretty simple. Use the 3 bottom challenge-things (Time Pressure, Low-Tech and Legend) that make your score x6, and never upgrade a weapon. I use the Reclaimer (sniper rifle) and the Opressor (main Watcher weapon that the normal ones have). Remember where the red ammo boxes are at each point, they respawn fairly quickly.

One of the defend points got destroyed, not sure if that affects score but all 3 have to go down for the mission to end, so I was safe. I got about 4.7 million at the end.

Last edited by RadiantViper; 01-13-2011 at 12:20 AM.
RadiantViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:10 PM   #12
PC_GFWL_GAMER

PWXBOX360's Gamercard
I would give the achvs a 7/10 or 8/10 they are pretty hard in places & if you mess up its back to the first wave which increases pressure/tension on the player!
PC_GFWL_GAMER is offline   Reply With Quote