PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > John Woo Presents Stranglehold
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-23-2006, 02:14 PM   #1
Minty

Send a message via MSN to Minty Send a message via Skype™ to Minty

Minty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Minty   x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   15,000 Posts   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   PAX Meet 2010   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 MVP   Donator - Level 5   x360a Book Club   Submit - Bronze   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Game Info

Acclaimed action director John Woo presents Stranglehold, a stunning 3rd-person action adventure videogame for PlayStation3, Xbox 360 and PC. A "spiritual sequel" to Woo's action masterpiece, "Hard Boiled," Stranglehold redefines the action gaming experience with its acrobatic gunplay, thrilling cinematography, frenetic combat and incredible Massive Destructibility (Massive D). Chow Yun-Fat reprises his signature role as Inspector Tequila, pitting gamers as a take no-prisoners cop waging a personal war with Hong Kong crime lords. Tequila's loyalties to the force are tested when his ex-wife is kidnapped by the Russian mob in Chicago. Tequila struggles to balance his duty to uphold the law with doing what it takes to save his family.
Features:

• SIGNATURE CINEMATIC ACTION - Stranglehold allows gamers to play a John Woodirected action blockbuster movie. Dual-wielding, stunt-laden gunplay combined with massive destructible environments ensures that Stranglehold will be a true tour-de-force. The environmental interactivity and two-fisted gunplay all come online, bringing the experience to a whole new level.
  • AMAZING GUNPLAY & STUNTS - Gamers will experience smooth flowing gameplay, such as running up railings, swinging on chandeliers and leaping onto moving objects, all without interrupting intense gun battles.
  • BLOCKBUSTER HOLLYWOOD TALENT - Featuring the cinematic flare of acclaimed action director John Woo, Stranglehold will also benefit from Woo's direction on storyline, camera placement and cutscenes. Starring international action-star Chow Yun-Fat as Inspector Tequila, the game's cast is also comprised of other A-list Hollywood talent.
  • MASSIVE D - The innovative physics engine will provide gamers with an unprecedented level of interactivity. With two huge areas to explore (Chicago and Hong Kong), the interactions will be infinite with each level offering massive amounts of destructibility.
  • INNOVATIVE TEQUILA TIME MECHANIC - Stranglehold's unique Tequila Time slow-motion system goes well beyond the slow-motion gameplay that typifies so many current action games and allows players to simultaneously aim and shoot at targets with a greater degree of focus. In a case of art imitating art, John Woo is the master and originator of this style of gunplay action and it's taken to a new level in Stranglehold.
  • UNREAL 3.0 AND HAVOK - Using a highly modified version of the Unreal 3.0 engine integrated with the Havok physics system, Stranglehold will breath new life into game envinronments and characters with stunning graphics. Incredible "Rock'n Roll" physics make it possible for everything in the world to be destructible and interactive, allowing for an ever changing battle ground depending on how players approach different situations.

Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 08:49 PM   #2
PackedMicrobe

PackedMicrobe's Gamercard
this game looks so sweet. haha bullettime ftw <3 gonna get this =)

Nickname in most games and sites: BloodSpiller
Gamerscore FTW!!
PackedMicrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 11:26 AM   #3
desai100

Dr Socrates18's Gamercard
review on IGN gave it 8.1 said the multiplayer wasnt going to be one you could play for a year
desai100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:13 PM   #4
teh x3nomorph

Send a message via MSN to teh x3nomorph

x3nomorph x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
To anyone who has this game:

Is it worth getting?

I haven't played the demo, because I HATE demo's. (please don't ask why)

But, the game looks interesting to say the least, and its on sale for $15 off the normal price, which is a deal for a brand new game.

So, who has played it and what do you think? I don't honestly care about achievements for this game, cause eventually Ill get them all. Im talking about the storyline/controls/MP experience .. that sort of thing.

Thanks to Flea for my sig <3.
teh x3nomorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:55 PM   #5
FURY1AN

FURY1AN's Gamercard
It's got an ok story, kind of a short game though. The controls are simple to pick up on, lots of interesting ways to use the bullet time. I haven't played any multiplayer yet but it's looks ok, I'll eventually try it. Overall I like the game, mainly because it was easy to pick up on. I get frustrated when it takes me too long to figure out what to do. If your really unsure about buying it, I'd say at least rent it. I hope that helped you out.
FURY1AN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:27 AM   #6
ClintonSFlorida

ClintonSFlorida's Gamercard
Wow its been 7 years and still has a little following. Glad I got this for a dollar
ClintonSFlorida is offline   Reply With Quote