PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shmup > Death Smiles
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-03-2010, 09:49 PM   #1
saurus

a lazysaurus's Gamercard
Death Smiles US - All secret achievements revealed!

Credit goes to Dcrvx2k on the GameFAQ's forum for these. I added my description of how to do the most obscure ones in parenthesis for all of you... only the list itself comes from GameFAQ's.

05) I Can't Hurt a Friend! - Waited for Sakura to explode while playing as Windia. (Don't shoot her, she will eventually explode after awhile - continues are ok) (Secret Achievement) Xbox 360 / Arcade

05) Everything's Stopped! - Pressed the pause button during a stage. (Secret Achievement) Xbox 360 / Arcade

10) Sweet Tooth - Picked up 4 life-recovery items in one playthrough. (Secret Achievement) Xbox 360 / Arcade

10) Just Barely! - Cleared any stage with 0.5 lives and 0 bombs. (Secret Achievement) Xbox 360 / Arcade

15) Mother... - Chose to stay in Gilverado with Sakura.(Secret Achievement) MBL (Must be done in co-op, second player picks Sakura, first player picks anyone and chooses to go home at end of game... extra ending for Sakura, achievement pops only for player 1)

10) Hundred Millionaire - Score has reached 100,000,000 points. (Secret Achievement)

20) Double Hundred Millionaire - Score has reached 200,000,000 points. (Secret Achievement)

50) Triple Hundred Millionaire - Score has reached 300,000,000 points. (Secret Achievement)

50) MBL 1.1's Hidden Challenge - Score has reached 10,000,000,000 points in Mega Black Label 1.1 mode.

25) The True Tyrant - Defeated Bloody Jitterbug. MBL

Last edited by saurus; 07-03-2010 at 10:00 PM.
saurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:43 PM   #2
Shinty

Yeah. I was glad to finally see them (just saw them on Gamefaqs about 2 mins before I saw this post).
Too bad I won't be getting the ones I don't already have already.
Shinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 12:30 AM   #3
KidKobun

KidKobun's Gamercard
Sweet Tooth - Picked up 4 life-recovery items in one playthrough. (Secret Achievement) Xbox 360 / Arcade

Anyone know the locations for the life-recovery items?
KidKobun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 12:38 AM   #4
saurus

a lazysaurus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidKobun View Post
Sweet Tooth - Picked up 4 life-recovery items in one playthrough. (Secret Achievement) Xbox 360 / Arcade

Anyone know the locations for the life-recovery items?
Surprisingly enough, check the "Scoring Tips" section of the manual... it gives you an exact route to get 4 life recovery items in the first six stages.

I'd put it here but I'm not near the manual.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:51 AM   #5
KidKobun

KidKobun's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by saurus View Post
Surprisingly enough, check the "Scoring Tips" section of the manual... it gives you an exact route to get 4 life recovery items in the first six stages.

Wow, thanks for the fast response and for the tip. While I love game manuals, the only time I looked through the DS one was to see if I was powering up right by pressing A+B together to get the Power Up 500 achievement. Then I realized that you had to hit it at exactly 500. Luckily I got it after a few tries.

EDIT: Got the achievement. Thanks.

Last edited by KidKobun; 07-04-2010 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Got it!
Old 07-04-2010, 01:54 AM   #6
pyrociterwatz

pyrociterwatz's Gamercard
those score based ones will be tough. how do you fight bloody jitterbug? i heard it was something insane like clearing all levels at 3 without dying including ice palace and the gorge
pyrociterwatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 02:15 AM   #7
saurus

a lazysaurus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrociterwatz View Post
those score based ones will be tough. how do you fight bloody jitterbug? i heard it was something insane like clearing all levels at 3 without dying including ice palace and the gorge
Found this via random googling:

• Clear the first six stages on rank 999.
  • Clear Red Background Ice Palace without being damaged.
  • Clear Rank 999 Gorge on the same credit.
  • Reach Tyrannosatan on the same credit in Rank 999 Hades Castle.
    • Fortunately, The Arranged version makes it a hell of a lot easier, requiring that you only reach Tyrannosatan on your first credit. And you don't even have to touch Ice Palace.

Basically, finish MBL on level 999 on one credit, without even getting hit on the Ice Palace. Unfortunately, it has to be done on MBL and not 1.1, where it is far easier to reach him. I guess Aksys wanted to leave in an achievement that was actually a real achievement in terms of skill.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:33 AM   #8
The Clutch Hand

xX Gambit69 Xx's Gamercard
Thanks for those secret ones good to know. The true tyrant achievement lol. I can see why no one has this game legit in the world now.

Thanks to >AzureRevolver< for the awesome sig!!!
The Clutch Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 03:21 AM   #9
KidKobun

KidKobun's Gamercard
Quote:
Found this via random googling:

• Clear the first six stages on rank 999.
  • Clear Red Background Ice Palace without being damaged.
  • Clear Rank 999 Gorge on the same credit.
  • Reach Tyrannosatan on the same credit in Rank 999 Hades Castle.
    • Fortunately, The Arranged version makes it a hell of a lot easier, requiring that you only reach Tyrannosatan on your first credit. And you don't even have to touch Ice Palace.

Basically, finish MBL on level 999 on one credit, without even getting hit on the Ice Palace. Unfortunately, it has to be done on MBL and not 1.1, where it is far easier to reach him. I guess Aksys wanted to leave in an achievement that was actually a real achievement in terms of skill.
Holy smokes! That is absolute insanity. I kneel before anyone who gets that achievement.

I only have 10 Achievements left: This one obviously (1), clearing without continues (5) and the secret point-based achievements (4).

This should be interesting....
Old 07-04-2010, 03:45 AM   #10
ElvisOfTheDead

Send a message via AIM to ElvisOfTheDead Send a message via Yahoo to ElvisOfTheDead

Elvis0fTheDead's Gamercard
If I get True Tyrant, it would surely be my proudest achievement. Sounds like a nightmare!!
ElvisOfTheDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 08:07 PM   #11
EJCamacho2008

OMG It5 EJ's Gamercard
im guessing the millionaire achievements cant be done in MBL
Old 07-06-2010, 07:40 AM   #12
KidKobun

KidKobun's Gamercard
Quote:
50) MBL 1.1's Hidden Challenge - Score has reached 10,000,000,000 points in Mega Black Label 1.1 mode.
Consider it achieved with 13,253,377,672 points! Now, I think that it's time for a celebratory drink.

D**n, that just made my night...seriously. :3
Old 07-06-2010, 01:00 PM   #13
Fox Pocket

Fox Pocket's Gamercard
For the Millionare achievments you simply have to reach the score sometime during a playthrough not beat the game with it, correct?
Fox Pocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:23 PM   #14
KidKobun

KidKobun's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Pocket View Post
For the Millionare achievments you simply have to reach the score sometime during a playthrough not beat the game with it, correct?
When you hit the score it should unlock during gameplay. Aside from the game mode, there really aren't any other conditions.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:17 PM   #15
KaiohHokuto

kaioh hokuto's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJCamacho2008 View Post
im guessing the millionaire achievements cant be done in MBL
I believe they have to be done on Arcade/Xbox 360 Mode. I got over 200 million on MBL last night and no achievement. Best I've done on 360 mode is 90 million. I really need to learn all the ins and outs of this game. It's a blast!

KaiohHokuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 02:57 PM   #16
pyrociterwatz

pyrociterwatz's Gamercard
wow...bloody jitterbug might be impossible for me.
pyrociterwatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:37 PM   #17
KidKobun

KidKobun's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrociterwatz View Post
wow...bloody jitterbug might be impossible for me.
Yeah, for you, me, and about 99.998% of everyone else.
What were they thinking when they set the conditions for this achievement? Sorta' pisses me off.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:55 AM   #18
Matty Thorns

Daigoro's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidKobun View Post
Yeah, for you, me, and about 99.998% of everyone else.
What were they thinking when they set the conditions for this achievement? Sorta' pisses me off.
Cave games always have at least a few extremly hard achievements. id guess very few people in the world will be getting this one though.
Matty Thorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:37 PM   #19
WARWICK-STEVE

SonicJedi Zero's Gamercard
Quote:

could someone post the locations from the manual. I have this game as a rental from blockbuster and they don't give you the manual.

and one question about "Mother... - Chose to stay in Gilverado with Sakura.(Secret Achievement) MBL"

someone posted: (Must be done in co-op, second player picks Sakura, first player picks anyone and chooses to go home at end of game... extra ending for Sakura, achievement pops only for player 1)
just want to confirm if that is correct, it just doesn't sound right to me unless I am reading the description wrong
WARWICK-STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:32 AM   #20
AmyAnnie14

AmyAnnie14's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WARWICK-STEVE View Post
and one question about "Mother... - Chose to stay in Gilverado with Sakura.(Secret Achievement) MBL"

someone posted: (Must be done in co-op, second player picks Sakura, first player picks anyone and chooses to go home at end of game... extra ending for Sakura, achievement pops only for player 1)
just want to confirm if that is correct, it just doesn't sound right to me unless I am reading the description wrong
well, it certainly doesnt mean just "don't go home with any other character" I have not gotten the achievement yet though (my friend won't play co-op with me T.T)
AmyAnnie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:23 PM   #21
Lord Retro

Quote:
could someone post the locations from the manual. I have this game as a rental from blockbuster and they don't give you the manual.

A few months late but yes, you do have to play it like it says.

Play MBL with 2 players (or 1 person with 2 controllers, hitting start when necessary on 2nd controller)

Player 1 can be whoever you want besides Sakura

Player 2 is Sakura

Play through and beat the game (don't need the EX levels)

Player 1 is given the choice to go home or stay. Whatever player 1 picks, Player 2 does the other, so go home. Sakura will then stay and you'll get a different ending for her.

A fun game but I think I'm as far as I can get with 40 out of 50 achievements won.
Lord Retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:52 PM   #22
DeAtHisLaNd

DeAtHisLaNd's Gamercard
Quote:

Graveyard (Level 3) Kill the troll for a Small Cake
Port Town (Level 3) Kill Both Trolls for Two Small Cakes
The Swamp Wastes (Level 2 or 3) Destory Jitterburg's car for a small Cake

DeAtHisLaNd is offline   Reply With Quote