PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Simulation > Cabela's African Safari
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-27-2008, 12:52 PM   #1
JC

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   x360a Book Club   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Thumbs up Road Map to 1000 GS!

Overview:
-Estimated achievement difficulty: 4/10
-Offline: 30 (1000)
-Online: 0
-Approximate amount of time to 1000g: 5-10 hours
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1
-Number of missable achievements: 7
-Glitched achievements: No
-Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No cheat codes

Introduction:

Welcome to the Road Map, that will guarantee you 1000 GS in Cabela's African Safari.

As always, this thread will layout an order in which you will get achievements, as well as advise you on tips/tricks and anything else noteworthy. I suggest you read the whole thing before beginning.

There are 30 achievements for this game and you only need to play through this game once. No collectibles either, which makes this sub-par game even shorter.

Put the disc in and off we go...

Step 1: Playthrough

Once you start up the game, choose Safari Hunt then Expert Mode, this means you only need to play through this game once.

Expert Mode is difficult, as there is no map. You know when are you are nearby game and objectives, as the 3 red rings around you gun reticule will slowly become red.

To make Expert Mode much easier, if you are getting attacked by an animal shoot it in adrenaline mode (LB) so you don't get penalized. This makes the "Ambient Guardian" achievement a walk in the park.

You can play the game twice, once on a lower difficulty and then again on Expert for the trophy animal achievements...but it is much easier and less tedious to just play through the game once on Expert Mode.

Start with the Tutorial by hitting Y at the main menu. Complete it to earn the first achievement.

Then after the tutorial, simply play through the game and you will earn the following achievements, probably in this order:

• First Blood
  • .44 Custom Handgun Unlocked
  • 12 Ga Custom Shotgun Unlocked
  • .410 O&U Custom Shotgun Unlocked
  • .300 Custom Firearm Unlocked
  • All Game Modes Unlocked
  • Black Rhino Expert Trophy
  • .505 Custom Firearm Unlocked
  • .243 Custom Firearm Unlocked
  • .416 Custom Firearm Unlocked
  • Leopard Expert Trophy
  • Elephant Expert Trophy
  • Cape Buffalo Expert Trophy
  • Lion Expert Trophy
  • Hippo Expert Trophy
  • Crocodile Expert Trophy

Although you will probably have more than the above achievements after your playthrough, the above are what you should have at a minimum at this point. If you have more then good on you.

Now lets grab the rest of the achievements:
  • Turtle Dove Perfect Wing
  • Egyptian Goose Perfect Wing
  • Spur Winged Goose Perfect Wing
  • Red Billed Teal Perfect Wing
  • Yellow Billed Duck Perfect Wing
  • Rock Pigeon Perfect Wing
These ones need to be gained during Safari Hunt mode. As you go through this mode, you will get these bird shooting missions. You only get 1 mission for each type of bird. This achievement will not unlock on the boat missions where you shoot birds, you need to be on land for this achievement to pop.

Just keep retrying the missions of you fail them, and eventually the Perfect Wing achievements should unlock. They are really not that hard, I unlocked them all on my first go.

• Ambient Guardian
You should this when you kill the Crocodile for the Crocodile Expert Trophy and complete the game. Use the tip I give at the top of this post and make sure you do not move on to a new mission if you are penalized.

"To make Expert Mode much easier, if you are getting attacked by an animal shoot it in adrenaline mode (LB) so you don't get penalized. This makes the "Ambient Guardian" achievement a walk in the park."

Step 2: Mop Up

Now for the other achievements, that you need to do an extra bit of work to gain:

• Fast and Perfect
  • Hunter Super Sense
The easiest way for these achievements is to choose:

Open Safari > South Africa > Hunt 4 Springboks near the Karoo Plateau!

Turn around and there will be a herd of Springboks running towards you. Hit RB and take down 2 of them. Easy achievements!

• Super Long Shot
For this one, go to:

Open Safari > Zimbabwe > Hunt 5 Springboks along the Zambezi River!

As soon as you start, take the shot. They will be crossing your path. Keep retrying until you get it.

• Super Adrenaline
On any Trophy Hunt, just use Adrenaline (LB) to kill the trophy. I did this on the Leopard Trophy. Simple as that.

• Dangerous Seven
  • Wing Shooting Tournament
These 2 will probably be the last ones you do. The first one requires you to go through and complete Dangerous Seven mode from the main menu. Just remember where the trophy animals are and this will be easy. You could even do the Dangerous Seven Hunt for X animal if you have just killed X animal and unlocked it in Dangerous Seven mode.

For Wing Shooting Tournament, you need to be quick on the trigger and score 40,000 Points in Wing Shooting Mode by bringing down birds. Look for bushes, where birds spawn and this should be fairly easy.

You should now have 1000 GS in Cabela's African Safari, congratulations!
All feedback is welcome.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Last edited by JC; 01-07-2009 at 05:16 PM. Reason: fixing
JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 12:55 PM   #2
Lebowski

Send a message via ICQ to Lebowski Send a message via AIM to Lebowski Send a message via MSN to Lebowski Send a message via Yahoo to Lebowski Send a message via Skype™ to Lebowski

GTA Redwood's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Silver   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I love you JC!
This is my next Cabela's game to get [As they are my favourite games.]
Strange as Im HIGHLY against animal cruelty. :S
Anyway, Thank you so much man!

Old 09-27-2008, 01:05 PM   #3
JC

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   x360a Book Club   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
I love you JC!
This is my next Cabela's game to get [As they are my favourite games.]
Strange as Im HIGHLY against animal cruelty. :S
Anyway, Thank you so much man!

No problem mate. Glad you like it.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:30 PM   #4
o0 TommyGuns 0o

o0 TommyGuns 0o's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
ya great guide jc good work. I wish this guide was out when i played the game.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:45 AM   #5
billysidol

Smile

I am a little bit confused.

You say play through the game to get the first large chunk of achievements, doesnt that mean Safari Hunt???

But then you say play safari hunt mode to unlock the 5 'Winged' Achievements. Yet there is 6 winged achievements, how do you unlock the Rock Pidgeon Achievement??

I am just wondering because I am up to Mozambik but only have the Leopard, Rhino, Buffalo, and Elephant Trophy achievements. As far as I can tell the Lion Trophy achievement finishes in Mozambik. But what of the two remaining trophies, how do I unlock the Hippo and Crocodile Trophy achievments???

Help would be greatly appreciated

27/9/08: 1st Year
Country Rank: 441
Completed Retail: 13

billysidol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 10:17 AM   #6
JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by billysidol View Post
I am a little bit confused.

You say play through the game to get the first large chunk of achievements, doesnt that mean Safari Hunt???

But then you say play safari hunt mode to unlock the 5 'Winged' Achievements. Yet there is 6 winged achievements, how do you unlock the Rock Pidgeon Achievement??

I am just wondering because I am up to Mozambik but only have the Leopard, Rhino, Buffalo, and Elephant Trophy achievements. As far as I can tell the Lion Trophy achievement finishes in Mozambik. But what of the two remaining trophies, how do I unlock the Hippo and Crocodile Trophy achievments???

Help would be greatly appreciated
I mean Safari Hunt, I do say that in the road map.

All 6 winged achievements are gained in Safari Hunt too, don't know where I say 5...

The Hippo and Crocodile Trophy are both in the same level, the final one.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:06 AM   #7
JC

Updated the guide to modernise it and make it similar to the new road map layout.

Enjoy!
Old 01-09-2009, 01:17 AM   #8
miguel56

nebilim56's Gamercard
thanks, very useful
miguel56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:42 AM   #9
Gunstar Red

Gunstar Red's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I would recommend against playing the game on Expert your first time through as you'll likely have a VERY hard time playing the game when you're unfamiliar with it and have no map. Use Easy mode to prepare you for the challenge of Expert.

One VERY useful tip I stumbled upon, was that you can switch guns quickly with the Y button when you are in hot pursuit of an animal and you run out of ammo and have to reload. Just switch to a gun that still has ammo and keep blasting to stop them from getting away. I also used this method on wing hunt missions and finished one in 6 seconds!
Gunstar Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:22 PM   #10
JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunstar Red View Post
I would recommend against playing the game on Expert your first time through as you'll likely have a VERY hard time playing the game when you're unfamiliar with it and have no map. Use Easy mode to prepare you for the challenge of Expert.

One VERY useful tip I stumbled upon, was that you can switch guns quickly with the Y button when you are in hot pursuit of an animal and you run out of ammo and have to reload. Just switch to a gun that still has ammo and keep blasting to stop them from getting away. I also used this method on wing hunt missions and finished one in 6 seconds!
I found Expert pretty easy once you get the hang of it, again this is only a road map showing you the fastest and most efficient way to get all the achievements.

Some may prefer to play through the game twice, once on Easy.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:11 AM   #11
Gunstar Red

Gunstar Red's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
I found Expert pretty easy once you get the hang of it, again this is only a road map showing you the fastest and most efficient way to get all the achievements.

Some may prefer to play through the game twice, once on Easy.

Expert Mode wasn't entirely too bad, of course, aside from the small animal missions everyone has lots of trouble with (Roan, Duiker, Dik-Dik, Klipspringers, etc). I likely would have had a much harder time though had I not played through Easy Mode first. I applaud those that actually played through Expert on their first attempt!

BTW, thanks for the guide. I am always appreciative of people's efforts in making them for the benefit of others!
Gunstar Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:57 PM   #12
LReil94

this is great. thanks. im having trouble with the kudu in damarland on exert. i just can't find any...if you can't explain where any are, does anybody here know of any online walkthrough vids?
once again this guide is great . good work
LReil94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:58 AM   #13
Pippers

Send a message via AIM to Pippers

Lil Pips's Gamercard
Thanks for this great roadmap. I was worried when I only saw the "guide" up top at first (which was just a list of ach really).
Old 08-24-2009, 06:50 PM   #14
SWAGGART
Banned User

ZIGGYTR0N's Gamercard

Thanks for the road map, i went through the game on expert and thinking i had no penalties but finished up being penalized 100 points no ambedient guardian ach for me lol,, i ran through the game again on easy throughly checking my points on my agenda and got it no probs, i figure i must of been penalized for one of the herd hunts anyway another 1000 points for me.
SWAGGART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:14 PM   #15
TristamRaiders

TristamRaiders's Gamercard

Thanks JC! People like you have saved me countless hours!
TristamRaiders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:05 AM   #16
pluckandgrit12

Thanks for the help

I always love the help you get on these. You helped me get a very quick 50 points, 3 achievements I just couldn't figure out the best way. Adrenaline, long shot and heartbeat mode. Great job.
pluckandgrit12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 04:12 PM   #17
Bango Stank

BangoStank's Gamercard
Thanks JC. This game sat on my self for 2 years. Just wasn't that into it. read your roadmap and figured i would give it another try. I really enjoyed it. Keep up the good work.
Bango Stank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:42 AM   #18
GHOST1986

A 2rue LeGacY's Gamercard

Nice road map made the game even easier.

GHOST1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:10 PM   #19
goothgone

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
nice roadmap got my 1k easy
Old 08-28-2010, 11:37 PM   #20
Longhorns73

Longhorns73's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Nice guide!! Got the 1000GS with no problems. Keep up the great work.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:50 PM   #21
bwfcskillsinhd

i Mr Pete's Gamercard
cool good guide
bwfcskillsinhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:07 PM   #22
Luck/Hope

xl Luck lx's Gamercard
Great guide. Expert isn't hard at all. Not a bad way to get a quick 1000 points.
Luck/Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:56 AM   #23
N00delsuppe

Antr0p0phagus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Thanks for the road map and guide! Came in very handy! The game wasn't bad, but I'm glad that I followed your tip, and only had to play through it once, on expert mode. Wouldn't really have wanted to play it again, since the dangerous 7 had to be hunted twice already...

N00delsuppe is offline   Reply With Quote