PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Street Fighter IV
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-19-2009, 10:37 PM   #31
Nightwisha

Nightwisha's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by evokazz View Post

Anyone see the Street Fighter video on XBOX Live? where they were going back in history, and the guy who does SentUAmessage, he was saying how the Dragon Punch was hard to do, and told a very familiar story, that all us oldies will recognise, nowadays, we throw Dragon Punches all over the place, but back in the SNES days, if you could do the mighty Sho Ryu Ken all the time, you was a Legend lol.

Talk about bring back memories, an there was always one kid in ya group that could do all the moves cause they had no life and praticed all the time, or maybe that was just my mates.... that kid was weird wonder what ever happened to the little weird ginger fella....

Never 1k'd a game, but dam it i will try...
Nightwisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 04:40 AM   #32
OnEdEcK

OnEdEcK's Gamercard
live in HK and just seen this - looks f'in large! and its 2000HKD! its from igamer in HK, I'm going to give it a look after work. I'll post more pics of some of the crazy controls they make over here if anyone finds it interesting

product_001455_0002.jpg product_001455_0003.jpg

product_001455_0006.jpg product_001455_0005.jpg

Last edited by OnEdEcK; 02-20-2009 at 04:43 AM.
OnEdEcK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 11:04 AM   #33
Kal_El
Banned User

dude the 360 controller works but can be annoying as hell! sometimes moves just wont work! i know sometimes i am messing it up but come on! the controller is ridiculous! i recommend a fighting stick because when i went to the arcade and played SF4 i pulled off ultra's automatically TRYING to get a Hori ex2 rite now! but i am currently using 360 controller

Kal_El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 11:23 AM   #34
CutmanMike

Send a message via AIM to CutmanMike

cutmanmike's Gamercard
I'm using my crappy old madcatz one and it works great.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:18 PM   #35
Hypo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohmbrew View Post
Interesting analogy. In my opinion, I thought it would be the other way around, but only because people over twenty would have played the original Street Fighter II games in the arcades more often then the under twenty year-olds. I originally played street fighter 2 when it came out in the arcades and got very used to the joystick and 6 button configuration. It was really hard to use the SNES controller for the game (for me) when it came out and I never truly felt as comfortable playing SFII with a controller compared to how it felt with the arcade like stick.

I'm only now getting used to the XBox 360 generic controller with the game, but I would have bought the TE Stick right away if it was available, but I'm told the next releases aren't coming out til late March or April. I'm tempted to buy the fightpad in the meantime, but I can't wait to use the stick.
Exactly. I had the original SF2 and then SSF2 for the SNES and thought it sucked so bad considering I was damn good on the original in the arcade.

I'm waiting for my TE stick which I pre-ordered in Jan. Always wanted a portable stick for games like this and classic XBLA such as Double Dragon. One reason why I got the TE stick is that it's moddable and fixable if a button breaks, etc.
Hypo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:10 PM   #36
D3adcell86

Send a message via AIM to D3adcell86

D3adcell86's Gamercard
ps3 controller
Old 02-20-2009, 07:37 PM   #37
Jaster Mereel04

Send a message via AIM to Jaster Mereel04

Jodo Kast X's Gamercard
i love how P$3 users sign on xbox360a boards to throw in their comments. Dont get me wrong, i loved the PSone and the PS2, but the P$3 was such a waste of money, only reason i have one is because it was the cheapest Blu Ray player at the time. Now its a $500 hunk of crap and an over expensive Blu Ray player.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:52 PM   #38
Icepick Jones

I will give the PS credit. It's a better controller for fighting games. I used to rock out with my cock out with the PS2 controller in some Cap vs SNK.
Icepick Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:46 PM   #39
Jaster Mereel04

Send a message via AIM to Jaster Mereel04

Jodo Kast X's Gamercard
yeah the PS2 controller was pimp for fighters, but the redesigned bumper L2 and R2 buttons make me mad. i dont like how they fold down instead of being pressed inward. BAD $ony, dont fix what wasnt broken
Old 02-20-2009, 10:32 PM   #40
CozierZebra

CozierZebra's Gamercard
I pre-ordered the $80 Fight Stick controller and especially thankful for it while playing online. I've had several people tell me I'm cheating because I can do the Ultra Combos and I've never had more fun laughing at them as they get tossed around.

When I was playing SCIV I only used the 360 controller because there really aren't that many difficult directional moves to do. With this game though, everything is about combos. If you're spamming combos and not just buttons you'll really do some damage.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:07 AM   #41
GreyFox00

standard issue blue 360 controller. dont exactly have the cash to drop on another contoller i may or may not use more than once a week.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:08 AM   #42
TLOR FETT

Chun Li Fight Controller
TLOR FETT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 01:06 AM   #43
Kasugano

Hori Ex2 and getting it modded with Sanwa buttons and stick. After that, gonna make one myself.
Kasugano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 01:17 AM   #44
BlueRidgeRagger

BlueRidgeRagger's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLOR FETT View Post
Chun Li Fight Controller
ditto.. i picked one up just to try it.. works fine.. the original 360 controller also works fine.. even analog.. but i have to change buttons for certain characters.. thus i got the 6 button madcatz one.. only wish madcatz would of paid MS and got it wireless (ps3 one is wireless)

Quote:
I would say to anyone who is a classic gamer, dont worry about buying a fancy stick, these sticks are mainly aimed at todays generation as an aid, Im not saying todays gamers are crap, far from it, but old school gamers didnt have these fancy sticks available unless they went to the arcades and played coin-ops.

If you played Street Fighter 2 Turbo on the SNES in early 90s then you should be good, I recently got the DLC SF game, the HD Remix, and being a pretty decent player in the old days, and not playing it for years, I came online with the 360 D-Pad and swooped up the full online achievements in no time, so it depends on age I would say, if your under 20 then a stick would be cool, anything over 20 your probably used to DPAD fighting and it wont hinder you.
i rem those days.. we actualy imported the japanese super famicon version.. had everyone in the area over playing it.. thumbs were sore but we had so much fun.. my fav controller for sf2 was the japanese saturn controller.. i WISH someone would make an adapter.. or.. make the one they sell in HK (usb saturn controller) work for the 360.. it works out the box for ps3

Last edited by BlueRidgeRagger; 02-21-2009 at 01:22 AM.
BlueRidgeRagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:24 PM   #45
ShinUkyo

ShinUkyo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
I would say to anyone who is a classic gamer, dont worry about buying a fancy stick, these sticks are mainly aimed at todays generation as an aid, Im not saying todays gamers are crap, far from it, but old school gamers didnt have these fancy sticks available unless they went to the arcades and played coin-ops.

If you played Street Fighter 2 Turbo on the SNES in early 90s then you should be good, I recently got the DLC SF game, the HD Remix, and being a pretty decent player in the old days, and not playing it for years, I came online with the 360 D-Pad and swooped up the full online achievements in no time, so it depends on age I would say, if your under 20 then a stick would be cool, anything over 20 your probably used to DPAD fighting and it wont hinder you.
If anything, this is completely backwards. I've been playing SF2 since the first arcade cabinets came out, as is the case for many people. These games were designed to function properly with a joystick. And even when the original SF2 home version came out for SNES, Capcom released a fighter stick for SNES at the exact same time. I know the stick came out in both America and Japan, at least, as I bought one of each. So there have always been home sticks available, going back to the very first home game release. Mind you, they weren't as well-made as the Hori sticks (which have also been around for a pretty long time). But they still replicated the arcade experience properly, and were worlds above a joypad.

Especially in the newer-era fighters, where timing and precision is so vital, a stick is almost completely necessary to get everything out of the game. And sure, there are people out there who can play amazingly well with a joypad. There are people who can win serious-level tournaments with joypads. But in the same same regard, there are people out there who can full-combo songs on Guitar Hero by using a joypad. If you adapt to a specific controller, sure, anything is possible. But that takes away from playing the game how it was supposed to be played. Fighters, much like music games, were designed to work with a particular controller in mind. And while either genre can be played on a pad, sometimes even very well, it's just not the same.

Either way, to each his own, and there are amazing players out there who use both control styles. And to point out that, to me, "old school" definitely means playing on the arcade machines at your local arcade, pizza parlor, or convenience mart. Before they even had home versions.

Completed Retail: 26 | Completed Arcade: 79 | Total Completed Games: 105
Achievement Completion: 79% | TA Ratio: 1.65 (All data is accurate as of September 18th, 2012)
ShinUkyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:10 PM   #46
samwiseganj

samwiseganj's Gamercard
on standard for now hopefully got an EX2 on the way soon.
samwiseganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:49 PM   #47
Dennoman

dennoman's Gamercard
Standard 360 controller. 440/1000 so far probably gonna be impossible to get the Challenges with it though

Dennoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 12:38 AM   #48
only1skingle

only1skingle's Gamercard
i just couldn't face using the 360 controller (even the green one)

so i was REAL LUCKY! to get hold of one of 900 T/E sticks in the uk!

so am using that, and its brill!
only1skingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 01:43 AM   #49
DakidJose

JReyes MX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'm using the regular Xbox360 controller and is working fine, but I'm still deciding if I should buy a new game or the Madcatz joypad.Maybe I'll buy both.

DakidJose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:35 AM   #50
Aoi84

aoi84's Gamercard
Personally, I'm glad I didn't buy the new sticks or pad, the regular controller works just fine. Moves still come out like 95/100 times. The only two things I've encountered as a pain are: A, trials take a bit of blistering, but I'm sure it'd be just as hard with anything, and B, EX-Cancels are a bit of a burden.

Also, if you do use the standard controller, I'd recommend changing the buttons to something more comfortable... Personally, I use:
A=LK
B=HK
X=LP
Y=HP
LT=MP
RT=MK
LB=3xK
RB=3xP
Aoi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:28 AM   #51
Doc187 XL

Doc187 XL's Gamercard
I've been using the standard controller and it's been working for me.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:04 AM   #52
Ricco Suave

Ricco Suave's Gamercard
Hmm!!!

Alright, so I've been cranking out achievements. I'm not a big arcade style fighting game fan, never mind Street Fighter, so I've basically had to learn the game from scratch. I've been using Ryu mostly so far in an attempt to learn his special moves, EX special moves, super combo and ultra combo down pat. I am using a standard wireless Xbox 360 controller. The d-pad quickly chewed up my thumb, so from now on I'll only be using the . I made a custom button configuration for Ryu that I'm liking pretty well so far:

= Light Punch
= Light Kick
= Medium Punch
= Medium Kick
= Throw
= Focus Attack
= LK+MK+HK
= LP+MP+HP

This layout feels pretty comfortable for me because since my left hand is mainly focused on using the , its easier for me to use the LP+MP+HP and LK+MK+HK buttons with my right hand. I'm used to using the more than the which is why I set to be the LP+MP+HP button.

Now, here are a few things I've noticed when playing with Ryu... all buttons referred to below will be in accordance to the configuration listed above.

Special Moves
Hadouken - Start at on the and slide it counter-clockwise a quarter turn, ending on . Then press a punch (I prefer the Light Punch because its quicker).

Shoryuken - Start at on the and slide it clockwise a quarter turn, ending on . Then, in one continuous motion, slide it back counter-clockwise a quarter turn, ending on again. Then press a punch (I prefer the Light Punch because its quicker).

* Yes, I know technically to pull off the Shoryuken you need to press , , , but this can be difficult and tedious to do with the , and I've found using my method works just fine.

Tatsumaki Senpuu-Kyaku
- Start at on the and slide it clockwise a quarter turn, ending on . Then press a kick (I prefer the Light Kick because its quicker).

EX Moves
EX-Hadouken - Start at on the and slide it counter-clockwise a quarter turn, ending on . Then press (The LP+MP+HP combo works and acts as the two punch buttons you need to hold for EX moves).

Shoryuken - Start at on the and slide it clockwise a quarter turn, ending on . Then, in one continuous motion, move it back counter-clockwise a quarter turn, ending up on again. Then press (The LP+MP+HP combo works and acts as the two punch buttons you need to hold for EX moves).

* Yes, I know technically to pull off the Shoryuken you need to press , , , but this can be difficult and tedious to do with the , and I've found using my method works just fine.

Tatsumaki Senpuu-Kyaku - Start at on the and slide it clockwise a quarter turn, ending on . Then press (The LK+MK+HK combo works and acts as the two kick buttons you need to hold for EX moves).

Super Combo
Shinkuu Hadoken - Start at on the and slide it counter-clockwise a quarter turn, ending at . Then, in one continuous motion, slide it back clockwise a quarter turn to again, then finally another counter-clockwise quarter turn, ending on . Then press a punch (I prefer the Light Punch because its quicker).

Ultra Combo
Metsu Hadoken - Start at on the and slide it counter-clockwise a quarter turn, ending at . Then, in one continuous motion, slide it back clockwise a quarter turn to again, then finally another counter-clockwise quarter turn, ending on . Then press for the LP+MP+HP button.

* Yes, I know technically to pull off the Shinkuu Hadoken and the Metsu Hadoken you need to press , , , , , , but this can be difficult and tedious to do with the , and I've found using my method works just fine.

Last edited by Ricco Suave; 02-22-2009 at 05:35 AM.
Ricco Suave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:05 AM   #53
Chrovaxis

I use a normal 360 controller. Super moves and ultras are not that much of a problem. It's the ex-cancel into combos and dashing that are problems. Sometimes it doesn't just register my double tapping on the d-pad.
Chrovaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 02:01 PM   #54
Deadly Moves
Banned User

Deadly Moves's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I'm using the control stick on the standard controller.
I'd like one of those arcade sticks, but i cant afford one at the mo There so friggin' expensive!
Deadly Moves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 07:07 PM   #55
rook44

rook xero's Gamercard
been using the regular controller since i picked up the game, gotten pretty good at pulling off the big combos, but i CANNOT wait til i get my hori real arcade pro ex.....my girlfriend must love me enough to shell out the cash for it. it should be here in like 3 days. sweeeeet

Retail Games 1000+:
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed 2
Avatar TLA:TBE (yeah, yeah...I know)
Bioshock
Bioshock 2
Borderlands
Call of Duty 4
Call of Duty: MW2
Dead Rising - *proud*
Dead Space
Gears of War
Gears of War 2
Halo 3
Prince of Persia
Shadowrun
Sonic's U.G.C.
rook44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:59 PM   #56
Sixfeetbehind

Sixfeetbehind's Gamercard
I am using the standart Xbox 360 Controller.

Sixfeetbehind is offline   Reply With Quote