Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shmup > Death Smiles
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-29-2010, 01:21 AM   #1
nukes

Gota b fresh's Gamercard
Glich glitch glitch!!!!

i just beat bloody jitterbug.......no achievement. i also had a tiny bit of trouble getting the achievements for some of the endings. I had to play through two or three times get a couple of them to pop up. Anyone else experience these problems?
nukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 02:01 AM   #2
nukes

Gota b fresh's Gamercard
i just beat him again........still no achievement?
Old 10-29-2010, 07:57 AM   #3
amacteur
In the sky

Send a message via Skype™ to amacteur

amacteur's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - amacteur   Staff - Graphics Team   Community Gaming - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   GRID 2 Award   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Have you met all the requirements to unlock the cheevo?

The True Tyrant - 50
Defeated Bloody Jitterbug. MBL

To encounter Bloody Jitterbug, you will need to meet one of two requirements. Either beat MBL with ALL Stages at LEVEL 999 without getting hit once or complete MBL Ver. 1.1 without using any continues. The latter seems to be a lot easier. Keep practicing. All I have to say.

Just a thought...
Old 10-29-2010, 08:00 AM   #4
Helg0r

toxik helg0r's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Note that MBL and MBL 1.1 are different modes. The achievement description says MBL so it might not unlock in MBL 1.1...

Seringue Absorption Torture Alienation Nihilism
e
Helg0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 03:28 PM   #5
nukes

Gota b fresh's Gamercard
thanks for the suggestions. i think i was under the impression i could get hit once i was facing bloody jitterbug so i bet thats got to be what im doing wrong. i guess i just have to keep at it.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:25 AM   #6
Johnny Jerkweed

Johnny Jerkweed's Gamercard
As Helgor said, you need to be in MBL, not MBL 1.1.

Amactuer's quote from the guide listed here is wrong. Would be nice if the TC of that thread fixed it, since there's enough confusion about the achievement already.

As for the endings, you have to wait until the option comes up to 'Stay' or 'Go back home,' and choose the one for the ending you want. If you press start beforehand to skip the ending you won't get an achievement. Also, the game has to be on default settings.

Last edited by Johnny Jerkweed; 11-18-2010 at 03:27 AM. Reason: typo
Johnny Jerkweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:04 PM   #7
amacteur
In the sky

Send a message via Skype™ to amacteur

amacteur's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - amacteur   Staff - Graphics Team   Community Gaming - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   GRID 2 Award   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Jerkweed View Post

Amactuer's quote from the guide listed here is wrong. Would be nice if the TC of that thread fixed it, since there's enough confusion about the achievement already.

As for the endings, you have to wait until the option comes up to 'Stay' or 'Go back home,' and choose the one for the ending you want. If you press start beforehand to skip the ending you won't get an achievement. Also, the game has to be on default settings.
Sorry for that dude, I just copied and pasted the text from the guide

As I mentionned, it was just a thought
Old 02-17-2011, 11:52 PM   #8
Invader999

wdog999's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Jerkweed View Post

Well, that stinks. I've played through the game about 30-50 times on MBL 1.1 trying to get this stupid achievement. At least I never actually got to Bloody Jitterbug, but that still annoys me since I even managed to get to regular Jitterbug one time. For one thing, the achievement is worth 25 points just like the achievement from the MBL Ver. 1.1 DLC from the Japanese version, which required you to beat Bloody Jitterbug in MBL 1.1. The original achievement that was released with the MBL DLC for the Japanese version was worth 100 points for the same requirement as the achievement for the American version. This means that they're actually ripping us off by giving us a fourth of the points for the same thing. Some of the other harder achievements in the game are like this as well. Instead, they gave more points to some of the game's dead easy achievements, especially the earlier boss and ending achievements which, instead of being 5 points, are 15 points.
To the game's credit, it did take some points away from achievements like beating Tyrannostan (50G Japanese/40G American/PAL) and beating Version 1.1 (80G Japanese/10G American/PAL). The game also gave the 1CC achievements (Rosa's/Windia's/Follett's/Casper's True Power) more points (20G Japanese/30G American/PAL).
Well, I guess I'll have to go towards the True Power achievements for now. Does anyone know if this will be hard or not based on my experience? I've managed to get to Hade's Castle on 15-20 of my playthroughs of this game using Rosa. I played a bit of the original game in Xbox 360 mode and thought that the bullet patterns looked harder than the ones in MBL 1.1. Any tips would be appreciated.

Join my 360voice challenge!
http://www.360voice.com/join/R9B4OXEE

Last edited by Invader999; 02-17-2011 at 11:54 PM.
Invader999 is offline   Reply With Quote