PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shooter > Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-15-2010, 09:28 AM   #1
C dot Wizzle

Send a message via AIM to C dot Wizzle

C dot Wizzle's Gamercard
Metropolis King strategy

I finally got mine tonight after a few hours of frustration. It's not as simple as the video made it seem, but that's because it left out the hard part.

Do exactly as the video does but ignore the "very easy" method of stopping to get the cannon. It's completely unnecessary and risks getting you killed. Run all the way to the end and use the jump pad to get inside the arena. Pick up the health and armor in the middle and then immediately head for the corner wall to the east of the exit door. While running for that wall, kamikazes will begin to spawn, the first in the middle of the east wall and the second in the corner you're running for. Kill those two quickly and then rocket jump onto the wall to where you're standing directly above the corner of the arena. If you notice, the door leading inside arena has opened because the game thinks you were locked out, since you're now technically outside the map. This will be very useful later. Wait a minute or two for all the kamikazes to spawn and pile up in the corner and then take them all out at once. It doesn't matter how close you get to the edge. They can't hurt you. Once Sam says something like "they never learn", another health and armor pick-up will spawn in the middle. Jump down, pick 'em up, and then run outside the open door and hide behind the wall. Try and pick off the harpies in small groups. Just poke your head out, get a few of their attention, and then back up and let them come to you. You DO NOT want to fight the whole wave of them at once. You need to save as much health as possible (enough to rocket jump twice) for the next part. Once all the harpies are dead (Sam will say "it's all in the wrist"), walk to the right side of the health and armor that spawns but don't grab it yet. Line up your sight with the back wall to the west. As soon as you touch the health/armor, you need to HAUL ASS to that wall and rocket jump on top of it before the bulls get you. Nine times out of ten, your first rocket jump might land you on top of the horde of bulls. If this happens, simply rocket jump off their backs and onto the wall. You need to have at least 50 health at this point. If not, you can attempt to hold out on that wall for the rest of the level but there's a better position. Leave the bulls alone for the moment and jump down off the wall outside the arena. Run north and go to the other side of the bigger wall where you will see a launch pad. Don't use it, because it's very tricky to land back on the wall. Instead, rocket jump on top of it. You should now still be on top of the wall to the west but in a much better position to fight the upcoming biomechs because you'll have a wall to duck behind. Finish off the bulls in whichever way you please and then wait. Don't worry about the health and armor this time. Just wait for the biomechs and kleer to spawn. Ignore the kleer, they can't hit you with their projectiles as long as you don't get too close to the edge. Take out the biomechs one at a time, taking cover behind the wall when they fire rockets at you. Sometimes they will walk all the way up against the wall that you're standing on. When this happens, pull out your double barrel shotgun and blast 'em. They can't shoot rockets at you from that close. Once all the biomechs are finished, it's time to clean up the kleer with your pipe launcher. Remember not to get too close to the edge. Once they're all dead and you hear Sam talk again, jump down into the arena and walk through the exit. Achievement unlocked.

Hopefully it doesn't take you guys nearly as long as it took me. If you're having trouble with a certain part, quicksave before it and practice it a few times before you go for the real run.

And sorry for all the reading. I don't know how to make videos.

Last edited by C dot Wizzle; 01-15-2010 at 09:31 AM.
C dot Wizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:44 AM   #2
hurkyharry

hurkyharry's Gamercard
tnx!
but you can also get this with unlimited bullets

p.s.

you are number one of the world on serious sam HD TFE

Serious Sam HD: TFE
1 (+0) of 1,197

14 feb 2009 - 15sep 2010

Achievement help needed for: G.R.A.W. , Saints Row 1, SS:TSE HD
hurkyharry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:55 AM   #3
Jet1337

Jet1337's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
That video is garbage for a few reasons:

1. It doesn't get to the actual level until about a minute in.

2. No strategy to clear the starting area.

3. After rocket-jumping out of the level, the player goes off on a tangent for no reason.

4. The video ends at the arena, which is the hardest part of the level.

5. The player starts with weapons you don't acquire in the level. If I could have the minigun and the cannon, this place would be no problem.

That strategy isn't the best, btw. For the kamikazes, when you get the armor in the arena go through the opened door where the teleporter is and just camp there with the shotgun.

For the harpies, just circle the arena while looking up and use either the tommy gun or the lasergun. Shoot the ones that swoop down at you and when no more spawn, put a few rockets in the flock and finish them off.

When the harpies are all dead, you should have full health and armor. Don't pick up the backpack and go to the back side wall and rocket-jump up it and wait for the werebulls to spawn. It's shooting fish in a barrel at that point.

When the werebulls are dead, wait for the biomechs and kleers to spawn. It should take five rockets for each biomech. Strafe from side to side to avoid the kleer's projectiles and wait for them to get to the wall, then pepper them with the grenade launcher while avoiding the projectiles and rockets.

I had so much trouble on this because I never knew you could rocket-jump up the wall in the last arena. I managed to beat the level in one try with that knowledge.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:03 PM   #4
rapid riot boy

Hey I'm having lots of trouble at the first part of the level. How do I rocket jump? Where is the best area to go in the beginning of the level to avoid enemies because I'm always on low health as soon as I start. Thanks
rapid riot boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:03 PM   #5
Puppys

Send a message via Skype™ to Puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff Club - KillerBEA   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 40 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapid riot boy View Post
Hey I'm having lots of trouble at the first part of the level. How do I rocket jump? Where is the best area to go in the beginning of the level to avoid enemies because I'm always on low health as soon as I start. Thanks
i know how you feel. what i did is strafe right, aiming at the left kleer with the laser and killing the enemies left to right, after that, stay in the bottom and jump around in a circle while killing the two green reptiloids...and wait for the green balls to stop coming...you will then need to shoot as you are going up the ramp to kill the kleer before it hurts you, and take out the three lesser threat headless guys. DO NOT pick up the bullets at the corner or you will spawn unnecessary red biomechs. if you are too low on health to rocket jump at this point, there is +25 health and +50 armor near if you advance a little, but it will require you to kill 2 kamakazies, about 10 headless, and 2 more reptiloids.

hope it helps a little, this one was a pain.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:23 PM   #6
C dot Wizzle

Send a message via AIM to C dot Wizzle

C dot Wizzle's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurkyharry View Post
tnx!
but you can also get this with unlimited bullets

p.s.

you are number one of the world on serious sam HD TFE

Serious Sam HD: TFE
1 (+0) of 1,197
Really? I don't know how to read those numbers.

C dot Wizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:28 PM   #7
JohnnyR74

AbsolutioN IX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by C dot Wizzle View Post
Really? I don't know how to read those numbers.
If you click your signature, it takes you to mygamercard.net and tells you what rank you are in terms of gamerscore completion for the game. You and 1,197 people have completed the game, according to the site.

JohnnyR74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:27 PM   #8
Puppys

Send a message via Skype™ to Puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff Club - KillerBEA   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 40 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyR74 View Post
If you click your signature, it takes you to mygamercard.net and tells you what rank you are in terms of gamerscore completion for the game. You and 1,197 people have completed the game, according to the site.
1,197 people have played the game, not gotten 200gs.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:42 PM   #9
hurkyharry

hurkyharry's Gamercard
lollzz! i'm on the 5th! i feel as i'm vin Diesel.

here is the list for if you still don't understand those numbers:

http://www.mygamercard.net/leaderboa...z=&c=&x=79&y=9

14 feb 2009 - 15sep 2010

Achievement help needed for: G.R.A.W. , Saints Row 1, SS:TSE HD
hurkyharry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:53 AM   #10
Would You Kindly

Never 1st's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapid riot boy View Post
The way I did it was pretty simple. As soo as you start whip out the rocket launcher and shoot the enemies starting right to left while running for the ramp. rocket the enemy as he spawns at the top of the ramp and run to the armor on your left. Ignore everyone and rocket jump as fast as you can right there.

If you make it over, take out the tommy gun and shoot the green balls that are following you.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:59 PM   #11
Cofc

C dot Wizzle, thank you for the greater detail.
Cofc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 05:55 PM   #12
iCEMAN_noob

Send a message via Skype™ to iCEMAN_noob

Dead Parasol's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
C dot Wizzle, your description added to the video really help. I got the achievement after a practice run where I got to the bulls the first time and died. Jumping over the jump-pad wall again is vital to getting this.
iCEMAN_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:36 PM   #13
psybOltOn

psybOltOn's Gamercard
Thank you for the tips, however, I have a few addition on my own.
Kill the enemies at the beginning, than rocket jump out. Go all the way to the end, bounce into the arena, grab the health+armor and head to one of the walls on the left or the right. You don't have to go to the corner as it is longer and you have more chance to make a mistake. After you killed all the suicide bombers, go and grab the health+armor, and quickly rocket jump out of the arena (over the wall where you bounced in) while you running that way, you'll get the attention of a lots of harpies.
Outside the wall you are safe, and you can shoot all of them who follows. Carefully check if you can shoot any more from outside (turning on the big crosshair thingy helps) and when no more left, bounce back in. There will be still a lot of harpies but you can handle them by running around. I find this method safer as they cannot surprise you behind the wall at the gate, and you have more space to manoveur. This point you should have enough life for two rocket jumps.
Before you kill the last harpies, run next to the wall, so you can rocket jump before the bulls reach you. Wait a bit for the bulls (if they don't spawn, shoot some rockets where the health pack is) and than kill them with the grenade launcher. You can use a wall to bounce the grenade back under you, killing every bulls.
After they are done, rocket jump one level up, where you'll be safe and you can kill all the skeletons and the biomechs safely.

I also link another video since the first one is blocked here due legal stuff. It not exactly shows my strategy, but the last two rocket jump is where you should do, too.

psybOltOn is offline   Reply With Quote