PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Rock Band 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-24-2010, 02:59 AM   #91
Sonic1896

sonic n7's Gamercard
There's no plat icon for beating Endless Setlist on expert.
Freaking weak.
Sonic1896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 02:21 AM   #92
NoThru22

Send a message via AIM to NoThru22

Macello's Gamercard
The NIN achievement is indeed on drums as it is a goal under drums. I was confused because I am playing pro drums and some achievements/goals stack and some don't. This one does, but still does not show up under pro drums.

You can't get Face Melter (beat 3 80's metal songs) on pro drums. I need to find it in the goals section of whatever instrument it's needed on (probably guitar.)

Last edited by NoThru22; 10-25-2010 at 02:31 AM.
NoThru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 06:46 AM   #93
theshieguy

theshieguy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post
The NIN achievement is indeed on drums as it is a goal under drums. I was confused because I am playing pro drums and some achievements/goals stack and some don't. This one does, but still does not show up under pro drums.

You can't get Face Melter (beat 3 80's metal songs) on pro drums. I need to find it in the goals section of whatever instrument it's needed on (probably guitar.)
Yes. Face Melter is ONLY unlockable on guitar. The 53K HOPO achievement is also ONLY unlockable by playing guitar (bass HOPOs count towards bass goals but not towards THAT achievement). The achievement description isn't completely clear on that.

I wanted to ask you guys this last week:

Has anyone started working on a Rock Band 3 achievement guide yet? A handful of people got the game early, but no guide was posted. I wasn't sure if one was written and it just hadn't been posted or not. If no one got around to it, I could post a temp guide Wednesday evening for everyone. Some of the achievement descriptions are not completely clear and a guide would make short work of some of these cheevos.

I made some notes about some of them and some helpful tips that might be useful to some of you. For example:

All challenges with specific custom setlists (like a "Country Custom Setlist") can be changed to meet whatever criteria you need to finish other achievements (Rock Band 3 only, DLC only, etc). The fastest way to get through the achievements would be to work on the DLC achievements in challenges...or whichever ones you want to knock out first. Either way, it's best to start with challenge mode off the bat. And players can work on the RB3 song-related cheevos when the only setlist choices include RB3 songs and random setlists.

And one note about random setlists--when you select one, the top of the screen tell you what songs have been chosen. So you can select and back out of a set until you get the song(s) you need to play for achievements.

Yeah...that's just a little example. It comes across as a bit that belongs in a Road Map, but I think you guys can get an idea of the descriptions with the above. I know that people on this board get outraged if someone works on a guide that they also worked on. But I REALLY just want to make sure that the achievement descriptions can be easily explained to everyone (a guide would help with that). I can't tell you how much time I would've saved on day one with clearer explanations than the ones the game DIDN'T tell me.

So if you guys think this sounds like a good idea, just post in this thread and I'll try to have it typed up by Wednesday evening. I have the Pro drums and all the other instruments except the keyboard (I'm getting that by UPS Wednesday) and the Pro guitar (waiting on the Squire next year, so that info would have to be supplied by someone that pre-ordered a Mustang).

Gears of War 1--Can't Touch Me + Seriously

100% Completion (16): 11 Retail--Rock Band 2, Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, Karaoke Revolution: American Idol, Fight Night Round 3, Halo 3:ODST, Halo Reach, Rock Band 1, Guitar Hero 5, Fuzion Frenzy 2, Alan Wake, Band Hero

5 Arcade--Dash of Destruction, Rock Band Track Pack: AC/DC Live, South Park:Let's Go Tower Defense Play, Rock Band: Metal Track Pack, Rock Band: Track Pack 2

Last edited by theshieguy; 10-27-2010 at 06:55 AM.
theshieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:52 AM   #94
Daniel55645

Send a message via Yahoo to Daniel55645

daniel55645's Gamercard
WHAT THE FUCK IS WITH THE VOCAL SHIFTING?????!!!!!. It makes no damn sense. they never had it before until bealtes rock band. i dont understand it. is it to make you fuck up or what?
Daniel55645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:41 PM   #95
sljag146

bass is due late next year if they can push it or spring of 012. they really wanted one out now but decided against it because of people wanting guitar more.
sljag146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 08:20 PM   #96
mikachu93

mikachu93's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sljag146 View Post
bass is due late next year if they can push it or spring of 012. they really wanted one out now but decided against it because of people wanting guitar more.
Source, please. Last I heard, a Pro bass was nothing more than a thought on Madcatz' mind. The Squier hasn't even launched, and they wouldn't start production on a Pro bass if the Pro guitar doesn't exceed expectations.
mikachu93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 01:43 PM   #97
dalton32389

dalton32389's Gamercard
anyone done endless setlist with guitar? i want to do guitar but not every song on disc has guitar available.
central US timezone.
i use my headset liberally.
have a nice day.
dalton32389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 03:27 PM   #98
Didi Mau

Send a message via MSN to Didi Mau

CuriousJewbeard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Gold   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalton32389 View Post
anyone done endless setlist with guitar? i want to do guitar but not every song on disc has guitar available.
I just finished it on solo Guitar, and the achievement does unlock. "Imagine" still shows up in the setlist, but as you have no chart to play you just wait for it to end and then continue on to the next song.
Didi Mau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 09:44 PM   #99
dalton32389

dalton32389's Gamercard
thanks for the info. will start it today

could i turn on no fail mode for endless setlist and walk away from the game?
central US timezone.
i use my headset liberally.
have a nice day.

Last edited by Method; 10-31-2010 at 11:36 PM.
dalton32389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 11:23 PM   #100
Firvagor

firvagor's Gamercard
Quote:
I've read that you can, but you need to press A at the end of every song. So you can walk away, but only for minutes at a time.

Also, there's an edit button.

As an addition from the guide thread (figured this was a better place to put it):

Most Authentic Strummer:
Is anyone else having weird upstrum issues on bass?
I went to do the 100% upstrum challenge, and while playing Charlene it randomly thinks I'm downstrumming when I'm really not (the percentage upstrummed decreases on random notes). I've tried it on two guitars (RB1 wired and RB2 strat wireless) and I've had no trouble before. I've also tried holding the strumbar in different upward positions to no avail.

EDIT: I seem to be making progress by holding onto and pulling the strumbar outward and strumming up. Maybe the down sensor is really really sensitive.

EDIT2: Really weird, there seems to be this strange up/down threshold. If I hit early, it's an upstrum, otherwise it's a downstrum. I 100% the song regardless, so I'm not missing anything. Maybe the timing window is really funky and likes to mess up the note hits.
Finally got it, though. That's messed up.

Last edited by Firvagor; 11-01-2010 at 04:05 AM.
Firvagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:39 PM   #101
zeroway21

zeroway21's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post
For those of you terrible at plastic guitar like me, it seems like the 100% and 500 streak on bass can be done best with Du Hast.
I got 100% guitar on Bad Romance.( DLC.)

and for Bass Up Strum, imagine.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:20 PM   #102
mikachu93

mikachu93's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroway21 View Post
I got 100% guitar on Bad Romance.( DLC.)

and for Bass Up Strum, imagine.
I got both on Doll by the Foo Fighters, if we're talking DLC. It also brought me one song closer to the Dave Grohl Band achievement when I finished.
mikachu93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:10 AM   #103
Spade422

Spade422's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel55645 View Post
WHAT THE FUCK IS WITH THE VOCAL SHIFTING?????!!!!!. It makes no damn sense. they never had it before until bealtes rock band. i dont understand it. is it to make you fuck up or what?
vocal shifting? like the vertical vocal range on the highway? imo, i think its actually a lot easier when they have it the way they do now, since you can predict phrases when your arrow is below/higher above the actual vocal bar through the "octive lines".

now...

there are only 5 things i absolutely hate about the new vocal system:

1. you can now pause the game to get you a 5 second head start (or as long as you want, if you pause again), which can potentially make any medium singer 100% any song on expert given enough time and patience.

2. the game doesn't save your settings for mic volume and singer volume; it will always start you off with max volumes for both. its rather annoying to change it every time.

3. dropped ticks (AKA keeping an "awesome" without scoring 1000 base points on expert, or other difficulties) result in a 99%. AKA you can FC any song and potentially get 99% a lot of the time, instead of 100%.

4. the vocal track is ON THE TOP OF THE SCREEN. it hurts my neck looking up that far from my TV angle.

5. no mic sensitivity options. it works in my favor, since i can get some scores better since other people's mics "set" senstivities might give them a disadvantage, but you should really be able to adjust them for everybody's sake.

otherwise, the game is fine as far as i can tell.

Best Vocalist Accomplishments: Cherry Bomb FC, Doin' That Rag FC 4th Try and Performance Mode FC, Fat Kid FC 7th Try.

- First person to have a blue icon (1000/1000) in Beatles Rock Band with a FGFC on vocals (as well as highest career score.)

Working on: GDRB FGFC (as well as 1000/1000).

Member of Team Yellow Brick Tango
Spade422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:20 AM   #104
TH4DJ4RV1S

TH4D J4RV1S's Gamercard
Quote:
thanks for the info. will start it today

you can... but i wouldnt if your playing guitar because its probably about 13-15 thousand HOPOS toward HOPO-cididal maniac
TH4DJ4RV1S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:40 AM   #105
LeGrimmReaper13

legrimmreaper13's Gamercard
I play too fast and mess up my Bass streaks... :/
Old 02-10-2011, 10:12 PM   #106
SFAL

sfal's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikachu93 View Post
Last I heard, a Pro bass was nothing more than a thought on Madcatz' mind.
If even that.

Quote:
The Squier hasn't even launched, and they wouldn't start production on a Pro bass if the Pro guitar doesn't exceed expectations.
True. Although there is a 'yes, but' to it.

Beyond marketing this sort of technology to music stores, studios, teachers and the like, out in the mainstream non-game arena. Besides any considerations of leading sales from promoting and advertising products that have known demand in existing markets of all sorts.

There is a difference between putting it (the sensors and MIDI electronics etc) in one body versus putting it on another body as far as design and manufacture goes.

There is no huge difference between reworking a Squier body versus a P Bass body.

More thinner less widely spaced strings in a higher octave. Fewer thicker more widely spaced strings in a lower octave. Seems.... trivial, doesn't it. They might as well be the same thing.

Even so, this isn't just some video game company or aftermarket peripheral supplier we're talking about after all. http://squierguitars.com/ http://www.fender.com/ http://blogs.vw.com/jetta/category/2012-jetta-gli/

While I might question their sanity only offering pre-orders at Best Buy and a month exclusive at Best Buy, and wonder why there's not a bass to go along with it already, maybe they've got a good reason for all of that.

Okay, yeah, no. Whatever, it's still FMIC and really what else is there to say? They got the power!
SFAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 03:30 PM   #107
lignimvite

Send a message via Skype™ to lignimvite

lignimvite's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
I really like the achievement list, all expect that stupid "Is This Fantasy?" achievement, glad they have some DLC achievements, and I hope they add more soon, getting the total achievements up to 1500.
lignimvite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:35 AM   #108
Pollux42

Pollux42's Gamercard
I'm not good enough at this game...too many other titles to play!
Pollux42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:31 PM   #109
Kreegles

Send a message via Yahoo to Kreegles Send a message via Skype™ to Kreegles

Delirium Armada's Gamercard
Anyone know the easiest songs and instruments to get the 60 second start power achievement?

Total Completed Games: 41
Latest 100%: Another World

My Facebook
Kreegles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 04:24 PM   #110
LolMunnchy

LolMunnchy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel55645 View Post
Are you talking about pitch control? I've noticed "auto correction" come up at the beginning of every song i've played.

I think it's there just to help those who are singing welll, but at the right pitch, and i'm sure there is something in the options to turn it off with
Old 03-17-2011, 04:27 PM   #111
LolMunnchy

LolMunnchy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreegles View Post
Anyone know the easiest songs and instruments to get the 60 second start power achievement?
"Wanted dead or alive" and "Green grass and high tides" are both good for this, i found. I tried to do it with a couple of the on disc songs, but couldn't manage it. If not, try going online, and picking a fairly slow song. Wait for someone to unleash overdrive, then release yours as their phase is just finishing
Old 03-19-2011, 03:28 AM   #112
StJimmy

Any one help me with Millionaire Club? GT-ACrazyArabCamel
StJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:16 PM   #113
Vitamin269

Vitamin269's Gamercard
Why should we have to go out and buy a real guitar, and keyboards, and a new set to get a few achievements. If it was like free or something, i wouldnt mind going for them.
Vitamin269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 01:05 AM   #114
SnowPrincess

Sn0w Shepherd's Gamercard
Vocals and more

I am great at vocals. I actually got all of the Beatles Rock Band Triple-Fabs by myself. I recorded myself singing two parts, then sang along with myself on a third mic. What I did was, I recorded the alto and tenor/soprano harmonies into monaural tracks, then mixed them, but with keeping Alto in the left speaker only, and tenor/soprano in the right speaker only. I then positioned a mic connected to XBOX 360 in front of each speaker on my computer and played the file back. I would then sing the lead melody into the third mic. 3-part harmony, with expert guitar or bass, all at once.

If anyone needs a vocalist, let me know. I can either record tracks for you or just connect on Live!.

Also, stupid question, but, can the PRO achievements be gotten without the PRO instruments? If not, that is an additional $300 in plastic instruments just to get a few gamer score!

Also, off-topic, I am missing Guitar Hero 2 and 3 co-op achievements for 1 million and all 5-Stars respectively, even still after how many years?! I would give anything for a patch to those games from Activision to add ONLINE co-op to get those cheevz!

My gamer tag is Sn0w Shepherd, of course, and my full score is 100% legit! I am closing in on 100% across all the games I have played so far! YAY!
Old 07-09-2011, 05:49 AM   #115
hans_jv

Hans jv's Gamercard
Are the final pro drum trainer sessions harder than the beatle beats?
hans_jv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:00 AM   #116
squodge

squodge4's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by hans_jv View Post
Are the final pro drum trainer sessions harder than the beatle beats?
Absolutely yes!

The advanced pro drum trainer is sick!
squodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:04 AM   #117
squodge

squodge4's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowPrincess View Post
Also, stupid question, but, can the PRO achievements be gotten without the PRO instruments? If not, that is an additional $300 in plastic instruments just to get a few gamer score!
Yes, you absolutely need Pro instruments to get the pro achievements. How would you play chords on the plastic guitars lol? For pro drums, you need at least 1 cymbal - but it's great fun to have all 3.

The cost is very low if you're an avid RB gamer. I certainly wouldn't recommend anyone buy the instruments unless they expect to play the game a lot, in which case $300 is very cheap for what the instruments are.
squodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 04:12 AM   #118
Calsign

Calsign's Gamercard
i could help
Calsign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 07:26 PM   #119
Bl°°dwolf

Bloodwolf0013's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by squodge View Post
Yes, you absolutely need Pro instruments to get the pro achievements. How would you play chords on the plastic guitars lol? For pro drums, you need at least 1 cymbal - but it's great fun to have all 3.

The cost is very low if you're an avid RB gamer. I certainly wouldn't recommend anyone buy the instruments unless they expect to play the game a lot, in which case $300 is very cheap for what the instruments are.
Don't forget besides having the instruments you need to have some skill, or a shitload of time to learn how to actually play the pro instruments.

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/YourScaryMother
Bl°°dwolf is offline   Reply With Quote