PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood > The Da Vinci Disappearance
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-09-2011, 06:25 AM   #1
Quid Squid

elKamikazeSquid's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
43 39 19 n 75 27 42 w (spoilers within)

So as soon as I saw the numbers (i play with subtitles on) at the end of the last mission I knew they were latitude/longitude markers and looked them up. They just point to someplace in NY state. I just came across this article about how it could possibly link the next game (or the one they are announcing in May) to a battle in the American Revolution.

http://oxcgn.com/2011/03/09/next-ass...spoiler-alert/

American revolution has been the time period I have been hoping for since playing the second game and seeing where it was going, so I hope this could be true. Not sure about the architecture of the time period and how many large cities or high landmarks there are to climb, but the story would be great. So much history on the templars/free masons and the founding of the US.
Quid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:11 AM   #2
Venomized

Armoured Brecce's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quid Squid View Post
So as soon as I saw the numbers (i play with subtitles on) at the end of the last mission I knew they were latitude/longitude markers and looked them up. They just point to someplace in NY state. I just came across this article about how it could possibly link the next game (or the one they are announcing in May) to a battle in the American Revolution.

http://oxcgn.com/2011/03/09/next-ass...spoiler-alert/

American revolution has been the time period I have been hoping for since playing the second game and seeing where it was going, so I hope this could be true. Not sure about the architecture of the time period and how many large cities or high landmarks there are to climb, but the story would be great. So much history on the templars/free masons and the founding of the US.

Smart idea. I shouldve played with subtitles on.

And sounds interesting. I think it would be fun to play in that time. Any time would be fun to play for me in Assassins Creed. Even dinosaur age
Venomized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:31 PM   #3
starmonday

starmonday's Gamercard
I think they also gave hints for a second dlc, because Ezio talks about dealing with Ceasare once and for all and that he needs a ship shortly after the numbers show up.
starmonday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 03:05 PM   #4
RelentlessFours

RelentlessFours's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by starmonday View Post
I think they also gave hints for a second dlc, because Ezio talks about dealing with Ceasare once and for all and that he needs a ship shortly after the numbers show up.
The Da Vinci Disappearance takes place in 1506 - the year before Ezio goes to Spain to kill Cesare in Sequence 9. That's why he talks about needing to charter a ship in the DLC.

On topic, I'm glad someone looked those co-ordinates up, I was interested to see where they pointed to! The location does seem to suggest that some portion of the next game would take place in America - but as the co-ordinates are intended for Desmond, it might suggest that he'll end up exploring around there in modern times? Probably not for the whole game though, maybe just a couple of sections where you play as Desmond, like in Brotherhood.
RelentlessFours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:09 PM   #5
Jahman7

jahman7's Gamercard
So we are assuming that it is a +43░39'19"N , +75░27'42"W

Considering that Leonardo didn't understand the numbers, he could have omitted the (-) from either side thinking of it as a hyphen. This leaves us with four possible locations...
Jahman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:21 PM   #6
daishichi

Daishichi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
I believe the N & W take the - or + out of the equation. It's the middle of New York State, near a town named Turin...as in the Shroud of Turin, one of the artifacts referred to in ACII and further explained in Project Legacy.

RelentlessFours is right, what it's setting up is that the Assassins are taking Desmond there while he's comatose. We'll explore another ancestor (when and where we don't know, but Leonardo talked about going to work for Louis XII of France), but Desmond will be trying to get to an artifact at the temple revealed in this DLC memory.

The shroud has the power to bring the dead back to life...don't buy a coffin for Lucy just yet.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:31 PM   #7
Quid Squid

elKamikazeSquid's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by daishichi View Post
I believe the N & W take the - or + out of the equation. It's the middle of New York State, near a town named Turin...as in the Shroud of Turin, one of the artifacts referred to in ACII and further explained in Project Legacy.

RelentlessFours is right, what it's setting up is that the Assassins are taking Desmond there while he's comatose. We'll explore another ancestor (when and where we don't know, but Leonardo talked about going to work for Louis XII of France), but Desmond will be trying to get to an artifact at the temple revealed in this DLC memory.

The shroud has the power to bring the dead back to life...don't buy a coffin for Lucy just yet.
does anyone know who William is? He was mentioned during the dialogue referring to Desmond and the new memories (i think in the beginning, might have been at the end when they are heading to the new temple location from the numbers).
Quid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:57 PM   #8
Heeman89

Heeman89's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quid Squid View Post
does anyone know who William is? He was mentioned during the dialogue referring to Desmond and the new memories (i think in the beginning, might have been at the end when they are heading to the new temple location from the numbers).

There is an Assassin that Lucy and Shaun email through out the game named William M, might be the same guy
Heeman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:22 AM   #9
Te1egram Sam

Te1egram Sam's Gamercard
If you search the coordinates on googlemaps and if you zoom out, slightly south of there is Rome New York, most likely not a coincidence.
Te1egram Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:17 AM   #10
hsith

HsitH's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heeman89 View Post
There is an Assassin that Lucy and Shaun email through out the game named William M, might be the same guy
That guy sound like a douche, even if he is on the Assassin Order.

Anyway, Great DLC campaign. Best 800 I've ever spend
Old 03-11-2011, 05:18 PM   #11
bramlyb

Bram Auditore's Gamercard
probably there's going to be a ancestor in America because Desmond is American, right? well, the last one is Ezio, but his ancestors must have gone travelled to America because otherwise Desmond wouldn't be American. Maybe there's another temple?otherwise it just wouldn't make sense...
bramlyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:40 AM   #12
Mgetter

MGetter's Gamercard
Hmm, American Revolution could be cool but as far as architecture goes, nothing in America around that time would work. We need a place with history. Personally, I would love to see the French Revolution era for the past segments (not sure about all the bad French accents that will accompany it, though, though) and America for the present sections could work, though Id imagine the Assassins are still somewhere in Europe
Mgetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:17 PM   #13
assassinops

SuperTokenman's Gamercard
Back in AC2, there was the spirit thing that talked through Ezio to Desmond, could 43 39 19 N, 75 27 42 W be the coordinates given so that Desmond may go there?
assassinops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:14 PM   #14
B0seiju

b0seiju's Gamercard
So you get co÷rdinates. Didn't the achievement pop-up GPS didn't let you think of that anyway :P
B0seiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:49 PM   #15
Zombiedrd

Zombiedrd's Gamercard

Ugh, why does everything always have to be in the US. Like 95% of all games are in the US. There is a larger world out there.
200,000-?
Zombiedrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 11:29 PM   #16
Jellybean468

godsandm0nsters's Gamercard

I'd much rather have a French Revolution than American Revolution. Seems more... um... assassin's creedy?

Deus Ex Achievement Guide | xbox.com
Retail Completions: 38 | Arcade Completions: 15
Seriously 3.0: Total Onyx Medals - 24/65 | Level 86
Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed III, Borderlands 2
Jellybean468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 04:35 AM   #17
TheBDanAbstract

TheBDanAbstract's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiedrd View Post
Ugh, why does everything always have to be in the US. Like 95% of all games are in the US. There is a larger world out there.

Yes, and the like 6 games in the series(not sure how many spin off hanheld ones there are) take place in places that are not named America.

TheBDanAbstract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 08:52 AM   #18
RavenTwoFive

I also wrote down the coordinates and typed them into Google Earth. It is actually closer to Glenfield.

It being anywhere relatively close to a "Rome, NY" is just a coincidence. TONS of U.S. towns are named after major ancient cities. Rome GA, Sparta TN, Memphis TN (Memphis was the capital of Ancient Egypt btw), Venice FL. I think my point is proven with this.

Anyways, I am going to go ahead and say that the next game (AC3) will be played from the memory of another ancestor, period. **Spoiler** When they are talking they said that Desmond had entered a coma from not using the sedative earlier.

Most likely it will be during the American Revolution only because during a glyph you see George Washington holding a piece of eden.

If it were up to me, I would like to see it in Mexico, lots of Mayan, Aztec temples and also a location of the Spanish Inquisition. Evangelization of the region started in the mid-1520's. Since this DLC took place only around 15-20 years prior, Cesare Borgia (who was a Spaniard) was still alive and Ezio needed a ship to settle it once and for all. It already sounds fun hunting down Borgia in Mexico to protect the piece of eden that may be located in a Mesoamerica temple.
RavenTwoFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:55 PM   #19
Venomized

Armoured Brecce's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
You're kidding right? Please name a list of games that take place in the US. Not even close to 95% of games take place there.

Think about every war game. Barely any take place in the US since the war isn't in the US!
Venomized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 08:16 PM   #20
Zombiedrd

Zombiedrd's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomized View Post
You're kidding right? Please name a list of games that take place in the US. Not even close to 95% of games take place there.

Think about every war game. Barely any take place in the US since the war isn't in the US!

Resident Evil
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Alone in the Dark
Grand Theft Auto 3, Sand Andreas, Chinatown wars, IV
Call of Duty: MW2
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead 2
Alan Wake
Dead Rising
Dead Rising 2
Rainbow 6
Rainbow 6: Las vegas
Rainbow 6: Las Vegas 2
Fallout 1, 2, tactics, 3, New Vegas
Battlefield 2(PC)
Mafia
mafia II
The Godfather
The Godfather II
HAWX
Splatterhouse
SAW
SAW2
Red Dead Redemption
Any super hero game
Most hunting games
DTR: Retribution
Splinter Cell
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Splinter Cell:Conviction
Army of Two

Those are just what I have on the top of my head. Maybe I should rephrase. 95% of games may not be in the US, but they always involve Americans. Pretty much every war game has the US as main. I'm just tired of always playing as an American. That is what I liked about this series. For once the main character wasn't(Canadian).
200,000-?
Zombiedrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 08:34 PM   #21
Davinci2342

ericleclerc@rogers.com's Gamercard
43 39 19 s 75 27 42 w

Ok guys so everyone on this thread is wrong about the coordinates. In the DLC, the only letter that appears is "W". Everyone here assumed that the the first letter was "N", and the coordinates lead to a road in New York. This makes no sense. If you look at the codex page, there is no Piece of Eden located near those coordinates. If you type in "S" instead of "N" you get a location right off the coast of Chile in the South Pacific Ocean, where, in fact, there is a Piece of Eden, according to the Codex Wall in AC2.

Here is the link containing the locations of the 50 known pieces of Eden, according to the Codex Wall.
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Pieces_of_Eden

Here is link to Google Maps with the coordinates 43 39 19 s 75 27 42 w
http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&saf...-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Enjoy
Davinci2342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:52 AM   #22
WonderCaliban

WonderCaliban's Gamercard
The coordinates are for Desmond in the present and are quite specific rather than a general region. It doesn't necessarily mean that it's where the whole of AC3 will be set, just where Desmond is likely to travel to.

I would have thought it would be more likely Desmond will go to those coordinates but there will be someone in the past who will explain their meaning. (I'm hoping for Victorian London as that would be awesome)
Old 03-15-2011, 02:25 AM   #23
RelentlessFours

RelentlessFours's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davinci2342 View Post
Ok guys so everyone on this thread is wrong about the coordinates. In the DLC, the only letter that appears is "W". Everyone here assumed that the the first letter was "N", and the coordinates lead to a road in New York. This makes no sense. If you look at the codex page, there is no Piece of Eden located near those coordinates. If you type in "S" instead of "N" you get a location right off the coast of Chile in the South Pacific Ocean, where, in fact, there is a Piece of Eden, according to the Codex Wall in AC2.

Here is the link containing the locations of the 50 known pieces of Eden, according to the Codex Wall.
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Pieces_of_Eden

Here is link to Google Maps with the coordinates 43 39 19 s 75 27 42 w
http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&saf...-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Enjoy
Your idea is plausible... or it would be, if Leonardo hadn't quite clearly stated the letter 'N' as part of the co-ordinates. Check this video of the ending sequence:

Also, right at the end of the video, the two voices say something about a location for a temple, rather than a Piece of Eden. Besides, they probably wouldn't need these co-ordinates if they pointed to something already shown by the codex map.
RelentlessFours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:49 AM   #24
CKK Salvation

jfc salvation's Gamercard
New York was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the coordinates.

Quote:
Those are just what I have on the top of my head. Maybe I should rephrase. 95% of games may not be in the US, but they always involve Americans. Pretty much every war game has the US as main. I'm just tired of always playing as an American. That is what I liked about this series. For once the main character wasn't(Canadian).
The main character is, in fact, American. In case you hadn't noticed, he's the guy that keeps going in to the Animus.

Besides, why's it such a big deal? Most of the games you mentioned have vastly different settings anyway.
CKK Salvation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:32 AM   #25
tuckerdwz2025

TUCKERDWZ2025's Gamercard
Interesting...

So after reading all these posts I sort of went down a wormhole on the coordinates, and found something pretty cool I think. As some other have noted, south of the coordinates is Rome, New York. When I was looking at the coordinates and Rome on Bing Maps I also noticed that there was a Florence New York nearby. That's cool I thought. So I looked into it a little more using the distance calculator and low and behold the three points make an almost perfect Pythagorean triangle. Either a crazy coincidence or a very nice tie in to the DLC.
Here is the map with my notations. ENJOY!
tuckerdwz2025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:27 PM   #26
AlienDenzil85

AlienDenzil85's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckerdwz2025 View Post
So after reading all these posts I sort of went down a wormhole on the coordinates, and found something pretty cool I think. As some other have noted, south of the coordinates is Rome, New York. When I was looking at the coordinates and Rome on Bing Maps I also noticed that there was a Florence New York nearby. That's cool I thought. So I looked into it a little more using the distance calculator and low and behold the three points make an almost perfect Pythagorean triangle. Either a crazy coincidence or a very nice tie in to the DLC.
Here is the map with my notations. ENJOY!
I salute your geekiness! That is a nice find!
AlienDenzil85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:17 PM   #27
tuckerdwz2025

TUCKERDWZ2025's Gamercard
Thanks, I did geekout and get pretty excited when I realized the math was going to work.
tuckerdwz2025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:14 AM   #28
toughl

toughlCNJ24's Gamercard
that would be a great change of scenery.and dont get me wrong this game is highly entertaining and definitely one of the better ones but MP needs to improved and the stealth elements of this game are still sort of underdeveloped.i mean u can stand right in front of a guard and as long as that meter doesn fill n u break the line of sight u are good to go.dead bodies dont even make a difference and using ur blade is considered a stealth kill even tho u r doing it right in front of everybody.doesn make sense
Old 03-17-2011, 04:18 AM   #29
Davinci2342

ericleclerc@rogers.com's Gamercard
The 2 guys dont know the locations on the codex map. In modern times, the codex map is scattered across the world, so they wouldn't know the location of any temple or piece of Eden, that's why they are using Desmond's memories to locate them. If they already knew the locations from the codex map, why would they need Ezio?
Davinci2342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 05:30 AM   #30
Teutonik

Teutonik X's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahman7 View Post
So we are assuming that it is a +43░39'19"N , +75░27'42"W

Considering that Leonardo didn't understand the numbers, he could have omitted the (-) from either side thinking of it as a hyphen. This leaves us with four possible locations...
The game nor him included the "+" and "-"

"+" means North or West, "-" means South or East.

In fact all it said was "43 39 19 N 75 27 42 W".
Teutonik is offline   Reply With Quote