PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-09-2011, 02:51 PM   #1
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 4   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Help With Anti-Tank Mines

At level 34, I don't have too many things left to accomplish on this game other than just leveling up and enjoying it. I do have a couple insignias left, though, and the one I'm having the most trouble with is the anti-tank mines. I feel like it's much easier for me to get kills with the mortar or C4, but it took me like 3 or 4 hours of playing just to get 10 kills with the mines. So, does anyone have any tips for me? Where and when to put them, which map is easiest, etc.
Tatanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:23 PM   #2
Harry Lloyd

THU31's Gamercard
If you have Vietnam, we can try boosting, lots of empty servers in hardcore Squad Rush. I posted an Award Trading Thread some time ago, but nobody seemed interested.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:46 PM   #3
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 4   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Word of Mouth
I'm not really looking to boost, I'd rather do it legit. I can do it, I'm just looking for faster ways of doing it (besides boosting).
Old 03-09-2011, 07:05 PM   #4
Achiever TM

Achiever TM's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Operation Hastings (Vietnam) Conquest is a good map to get some Anti-Tank mines kills place some mines on the road between A and B flags or between D and B flags road.. since players usually drive the tank through the roads in this map you can get a few kills in each match. good luck
Old 03-09-2011, 08:41 PM   #5
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

For the record, I do not have Vietnam So thanks to the tips so far, but I'm mostly looking for advice on the "regular" maps.

I did make some progress today, 11 kills in about two hours. Mostly on Arica Harbor at the first two bases as defense. Laid 'em down in obvious spots (gates, roads, etc.) and let them come to me. I think I got 2 or 3 kills on Oasis as well by laying down mines near campers/snipers and shooting the mine to get the kill. I will be using that strategy on every map now to pick up kills where I can.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:00 PM   #6
Unterofficer

Unterofficer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
For getting kills with mines you should know what military teaches of them.

- Put mines on areas with high traffic.
- Either burry mines, or put them on rough terrain so that they are harder to see.
- Don't group mines too much or they are easier to see.

I use these quidelines and I haven't had much problems with getting kills with mines. And IMO the best map to get kills with them is Panama harbour (Or what it was.), as the terrain on it is so rough that the many tanks that the map has have problems to see them.

14 completed games. 7 retail, 7 arcade.
Unterofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:31 AM   #7
Audacious

Send a message via MSN to Audacious

Audacious82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase SOTF Winner
Stick a mine in the middle of the road and then stick some mines in the bushes to the left and right of it. More often and then not you'll get some kills by people going round it.

Stick to rush and you can drop mines in and around the M-Com station, when you see people trying to defuse the bomb, throw a grenade in or shoot the mines to get some kills

Any sig requests to be put in my gallery thread please.
Audacious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:42 PM   #8
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Also, I've been meaning to ask what the deal is as far as mines disappearing. How long do they stay around? For example, I know they don't go away instantly when you die like C4 does, but how many times can you die before they go away? Also, how many can you have deployed at one time before it starts getting rid of old ones?
Old 03-10-2011, 05:06 PM   #9
Unterofficer

Unterofficer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanko View Post
Also, I've been meaning to ask what the deal is as far as mines disappearing. How long do they stay around? For example, I know they don't go away instantly when you die like C4 does, but how many times can you die before they go away? Also, how many can you have deployed at one time before it starts getting rid of old ones?
Mines stay until they are destroyed, but you can have only six mines on the field at time, so if you drop 7th, then the 1st disapears.

14 completed games. 7 retail, 7 arcade.
Unterofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:53 PM   #10
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Gotcha. That's all I needed to know. I got 9 mine kills on the first base of Rush on Arica Harbor just now as a defender! Crazy how stupid people are. Just kept planting them in a wide arc in front of the main gate and people just...kept...running...over them.

EDIT: Got a triple kill and double kill within 15 seconds of one another doing this exact same thing like an hour later. Also: somehow the double kill counted as Heavy Vehicle kills? I know this because when I got the kills it gave me Heavy Vehicle gold star 8 (and I didn't set foot in a vehicle the whole match), but it also gave me mine kills for it. Very odd.

Last edited by Tatanko; 03-11-2011 at 05:20 AM.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:22 AM   #11
Wackywon

Send a message via ICQ to Wackywon

wackywon15's Gamercard
Ya, I would have directed you to Arica Harbot first lol. SOOOOO many dumb people on there..... they literally go the same way everytime and always hit land mines, its somekind of stupid lol.
Wackywon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:58 AM   #12
Stickman400

Valapairiso is pretty good for it too. Try and stay behind the attackers base and planting them in front of the tank spawn, or just throwing them in the shadows or by the road sides. Also, lots of people drive by the water and in the little foot trails everywhere, try plating them there.

Stickman400 is offline   Reply With Quote