PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Left 4 Dead > The Sacrifice
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-23-2011, 08:42 PM   #1
phenixdwn

phenixdwn's Gamercard
Gamestop DLC

Alright I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. I bought the sacrifice dlc from gamestop. It clearly says on the cover of the stupid cardboard thing that it works for both games. I already had the DLC for l4d2 and when i go to enter the code it says "you already have this content" so now I basically wasted 7 dollars for something I already own and can't get the DLC for the first game like I had intended. What the hell do I do?

Game stop said they would return it and give me a new code. But what is that going to do when it's the wrong DLC license?
phenixdwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:48 PM   #2
Motorexskygtr32

MotorexGTR32's Gamercard
Then take it back to get a refund but I do not know how it would work. I have a question, why didnt you get more ms points from 1600 ms card to add it to buy DLC for Left 4 Dead? Or via debit card through the marketplace. It's more easier that way. Don't you think?

Motorexskygtr32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:52 PM   #3
Chathams Finest

Chathams Finest's Gamercard
Try and return it and then use the money to buy the dlc for l4d1?
Chathams Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:29 PM   #4
LUXB0X

LUXB0X's Gamercard
i agree, why go through the trouble of buying a ms point card when you can just buy it directly through xbl? all you're really doing is boosting inside sales for gamestop.

if the card says it is for both games and its not working, definitely seek a refund. if they have an issue with it, before you go home with your new card, ask if you can log onto their xbox and see if itll download. bring your harddrive just incase. dont want to make another trip and have this happen again.

even though i already have this dlc, this would be a perfect scam for someone to try to get the dlc for free. In this case, itd be a customers always right kind of deal. how can they tell if you had the dlc before you bought the card? oh geeze. ill have to remember this next time i need free dlc point.
LUXB0X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:11 AM   #5
xOhNoes11

I OhNoes I's Gamercard
My God now I hate Gamestop even more as I fell for the same stupid thing.
xOhNoes11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:34 PM   #6
jumiofdiamonds

JumiOfDiamonds's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUXB0X View Post
i agree, why go through the trouble of buying a ms point card when you can just buy it directly through xbl? all you're really doing is boosting inside sales for gamestop.
Because not everyone has a credit or debit card in life, or access to one. Some people can only get DLC through these cards.

And the same happened to me. I bought it thinking it was good for the original game, only to have it be L4D2 only. Even the gamestop guy said "wow, I guess it works for both games after all." when he saw the card. However, guess he didn't notice the receipt where the code was printed on. Unfortunately, neither did I. Wish I was just given the card, because not only will I not get a refund because the code is used but because the receipt says l4d2 on it.

So stupid. Very angry at GameStop for having that cards say that but not be. Glad I wasted my money.
jumiofdiamonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:00 AM   #7
xOhNoes11

I OhNoes I's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumiofdiamonds View Post
Because not everyone has a credit or debit card in life, or access to one. Some people can only get DLC through these cards.

And the same happened to me. I bought it thinking it was good for the original game, only to have it be L4D2 only. Even the gamestop guy said "wow, I guess it works for both games after all." when he saw the card. However, guess he didn't notice the receipt where the code was printed on. Unfortunately, neither did I. Wish I was just given the card, because not only will I not get a refund because the code is used but because the receipt says l4d2 on it.

So stupid. Very angry at GameStop for having that cards say that but not be. Glad I wasted my money.
Pretty much, after this I made a complaint to Microsoft. I got a few emails back (with terrible grammar I might add) about the problem with it. First one was just a sorry for the inconvenience, the second said that I should call customer service. I'll see what happens after that.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:48 PM   #8
xOhNoes11

I OhNoes I's Gamercard
Update: Pretty much what happened was I'm an idiot and I threw away the receipt, but the way that they would change it is if the supervisor had the code and made an inquiry into the Marketplace. So pretty much note to self, always buy MSP.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:35 PM   #9
scrummers

scrummers's Gamercard
If it said on the card it works for both games and it didn't that's false advertisement. I'd take it back demand a refund and demand the l4d dlc for free. Or else sue them for false advertisement.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:58 AM   #10
slickhick519

slickhick519's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUXB0X View Post
before you go home with your new card, ask if you can log onto their xbox and see if itll download. bring your harddrive just incase. dont want to make another trip and have this happen again.
Um, sure...except that doesn't work.

DLC is licensed to your console (not your hard drive) and you can only switch your DLC licenses once a year.

If it worked the way you said it did, friends could just recover each others gamertags, and re-download any dlc their friend paid for to their console without buying it.
slickhick519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:49 AM   #11
eatenbyzombies

Send a message via AIM to eatenbyzombies

EatenByZombies's Gamercard
i fell victim to this as well

eatenbyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:27 PM   #12
papoose

elementj08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickhick519 View Post
Um, sure...except that doesn't work.

DLC is licensed to your console (not your hard drive) and you can only switch your DLC licenses once a year.

If it worked the way you said it did, friends could just recover each others gamertags, and re-download any dlc their friend paid for to their console without buying it.
it would also be on the gamertag as well, so as long as they only use that account to play it, it would be fine
Old 03-31-2011, 01:40 AM   #13
xOhNoes11

I OhNoes I's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrummers View Post
If it said on the card it works for both games and it didn't that's false advertisement. I'd take it back demand a refund and demand the l4d dlc for free. Or else sue them for false advertisement.
I would, but they explicitly cover their asses if you read the fine print on their receipts.