Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Eternal Sonata
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-23-2007, 10:43 PM   #31
UraMallas

UraMallas's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I need some better explanations for some stuff in Mysterious Unison. Thanks for the guide Ray55555 (and Pants Party) but Ray's is a bit confusing sometimes, when it comes to which way to go and what floor you're supposed to be on.

Does anybody know what floor each of the 7 Soul Shards are on?

That way I won't even leave the floor until I find it. Something like this (as an example: )

Soul Shards are on these floors:
Level 1
Level 2
Level 4
Level 7
Level 9
Level 10
Level 12

If somebody could tell me that, it would be great.

How do you get past Level 7 in Mysterious Unison?

I can't get past level 7. It's like the old Zelda trick to get to the graveyard but I have no idea how to do this one. There is obviously a pattern but I can't seem to figure it out and the guide doesn't really explain it unless I am not reading it correctly.

Also to clarify something, you basically have to play through Mysterious Unison twice because their is a Soul Shard on Level 6 (I think?) that an NPC has. He wants 99,999,999 for it but there is just no way to get that much. The guide says "fight monsters in the dungeon to get that much" which is a little vague. I'll clear it up from information I found out. Level 11 (and/or 12) has monsters that drop something close to 3,000,000 per fight so it will only take you about 30 minutes at that level. So you'd have to go down there and get the gold and walk back through to Level 6.

Does that last paragraph make sense to you all?

Last edited by UraMallas; 09-23-2007 at 10:52 PM.
UraMallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 11:12 PM   #32
Petey247

Petey247's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Well, you can warp back to the entrance when you get to lower levels and then skip around. I've gotten all of the shards except for the last one. I'm trying to figure out how to kill the last boss. The 100 million is actually pretty easy to get if you kill the robot guys on level 12. Catch them off guard and then go 6way harmony ftw.

BTW, if anyone has a strategy for the last boss in Unison, I'd appreciate hearing it.

Petey247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:02 AM   #33
Kaens

Send a message via AIM to Kaens Send a message via MSN to Kaens

kaens's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 5   1,000 Posts   Bright Idea   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey247 View Post
BTW, if anyone has a strategy for the last boss in Unison, I'd appreciate hearing it.
Everyone's different, but here's how I did it...

Viola (Lvl 79)
L1 - White Dagger
D1 - Evil Strike
L2 - Heal Arrow
D2 - Night Arrow

Jazz (Lvl 79)
L1 - Heat Blade
D1 - Geo Blade
L2 - Raven Blast
D2 - Geo Blade

Falsetto (Lvl 79)
L1 - Snow Claw
D1 - Howling Thunder
L2 - Snow Claw
D2 - Willow Strike

Also for Jazz I had this awesome sword called Bezwell's Sword (+220 atk, absorb 20% dmg as HP). He had over 59,000 hps at this point of the game so I was always able to keep him topped off in health even after the worst attacks.

For my items I just used 25 Angel Trumpets. With all of my guys over 50k, these were basically 25000 heals, I'd just let my guys die if they were going to and went all out offense. Honestly I think I only ended up using 10 or 12 of them anyways thanks to Viola's heals during the harmony chains. Also I had recovery gloves on Viola, so that's a free 5000+ HP heal every turn.

Basically from my moveset you can see that I went with all high combo attacks, focusing on building up my combos (enhanced by things like werewolf choker & Falsetto's Lord's Reign weapon). Nearly every time one of my guy's attacked I was able to trigger a 4-6 combo harmony chain. This is just absurd amounts of dmg and even with the boss healing himself for 100k a pop at the end it didn't matter. Entire fight took me maybe 10-15 mins and I did it while chatting on the phone.

If you haven't practiced your harmony chains that's really what you need to do to make this happen. Oh one last note, I had a hard time keeping my chain going after Viola's heal arrows, which is why I moved those to the 2nd wave of special attacks.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:20 AM   #34
drno

Send a message via MSN to drno

EatMoreHippo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Achievement Guide - Gold   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Is it possible to finish the unison tower on the first play-through?
Old 09-24-2007, 06:13 AM   #35
Kaens

kaens's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 5   1,000 Posts   Bright Idea   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by drno View Post
Is it possible to finish the unison tower on the first play-through?
Yup, that's what I did. My thinking was I'd only have to BEAT the game once, since the rest of the achievements on my 2nd play through I shouldn't have to go past Chapter 6. We'll see how it worked out, but made more sense to me since my guys were already all buffed up.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:32 AM   #36
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
I would highly suggest doing the Unison dungeon on the first play. The second play all enemies get twice the health and 1.5x attack and defense, so you will need your characters all at level 99. It can be done at 75ish on the first play. Saves a ton of time.

Your character levels do not transfer to the second play.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:31 AM   #37
Ray5555

Ray5555's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
I would highly suggest doing the Unison dungeon on the first play. The second play all enemies get twice the health and 1.5x attack and defense, so you will need your characters all at level 99. It can be done at 75ish on the first play. Saves a ton of time.

Your character levels do not transfer to the second play.
Actually you can do Unison dungeon at level 65 with just Jazz, Allegretto, and Falsetto. That dungeon is really easy as long as you got a good grip on the harmony chains.
Ray5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:39 AM   #38
Kaens

kaens's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray5555 View Post
Actually you can do Unison dungeon at level 65 with just Jazz, Allegretto, and Falsetto. That dungeon is really easy as long as you got a good grip on the harmony chains.
My guys were in they low 50s when I started the dungeon and finished it at level 79. I wasn't even trying to level, I was avoiding as many fights as possible, well until it was time to earn the 99,999,999 gold for the soul.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:59 AM   #39
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Well I was getting raped by Rondo until I leveled a good deal. Now I just have to grind out the gold and kill the last boss, as well as search for a score piece. Going to have to wait until morning, and I pray I finish this before I leave to go stand in line for Halo or it might be a few weeks before I get back to it. I just want to have all the "first play" achievement done at least.

Old 09-24-2007, 08:45 AM   #40
Ray5555

Ray5555's Gamercard

Quote:
Well I was getting raped by Rondo until I leveled a good deal. Now I just have to grind out the gold and kill the last boss, as well as search for a score piece. Going to have to wait until morning, and I pray I finish this before I leave to go stand in line for Halo or it might be a few weeks before I get back to it. I just want to have all the "first play" achievement done at least.
Am I the only one who thought that Rhondo was a push over. I easily countered almost everything she threw at me and, I constantly did 50+ hit combos for over 500K each time. She never even took my health below 65%.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:57 AM   #41
Petey247

Petey247's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Well, Rondo was tough for me, but doable in the end. I had almost beaten the last boss in Unison when I posted my desperate plea for strategy here, so I'll have to give him another go when I get home from work. And the Harmony Chains are awesome, but I'm also letting my wife battle with me, so it can make some of the timing tricky, and the button changes can be a killer.

Old 09-24-2007, 03:16 PM   #42
psincubus

for rondo and the last boss, i would suggest getting all the 99,999,999G first then fighting them (well you have to for the last boss anyway). After I collected all the money, I was level 75 and i just 6way harmony'd them to hell. barely scratched any of my 40,000+ HP. haha After the fights my level was 80.

Also, I found Wiseman Maracas for one of the EZI items on my first playthrough in Glissando Cliffs. I didn't bother figuring out which score to play, but he is in Glissando.

Edit: nevermind, didn't see ray's post above

Last edited by psincubus; 09-24-2007 at 03:23 PM.
psincubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 03:35 PM   #43
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Ok, I finished the first part of the guide with everything that can be done on the first play. Halo comes out tonight and I will most likely not be playing this (or any other) game much for the next couple weeks. I will finish this guide, don't worry... but it might be a while.

Kaens, if you could take over copy/pasting the achievements into the thread in the Staff board, I would appreciate it. I told Routine about the thread, so just remind him if you add something so he can put it to the site. (I'm assuming you're not a big Halo guy, correct me if I'm wrong.)

Love this game, but I love me some Halo, too.

Old 09-24-2007, 07:22 PM   #44
MrNuts

Quote:
Score Piece 20 can only be received by selecting the third option from him, which should start a fight with that pirate lady from before whose name I can't remember. After the fight that guy is gone and you can search the barrels.

I don't think you can do that fight unless you've fought her in the Wah Lava Cave though, so you might need to do that on your second play, because I'm not sure you can backtrack to that spot.
I just started Chapter 6, and I'm unable to get this score piece. I tried multiple times throughout Chapter 5 with no luck. I fought the pirate lady both on her ship and in the Wah Lava Cave.

In the above post, you mention selecting the third option from him; however, talking to him doesn't give me any options. He just says a few lines and stays seated on the barrels. I'm planning on revisiting this on my second playthrough if need be, just wondering if anyone has any feedback on this.

Thanks.
MrNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:40 PM   #45
PAT2K9

PAT2K9's Gamercard
Great guide. Thanks for posting it.

Last edited by PAT2K9; 09-24-2007 at 09:54 PM.
PAT2K9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:43 PM   #46
psincubus

from krypton04 on gamefaqs.com

"To get the third option when you talk to the guy in the cellar, you have to first examine a pillar in the church catacombs earlier, and then speak to the former employee outside of Baroque castle before you go to the bar."

this is in addition to fighting dolce in the caves. i also missed this one and am hoping that it won't affect my EZI achievement. Score Piece 20 is needed in adante in chapter 3. hopefully he will still be there come chapter 6.
psincubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:36 PM   #47
Petey247

Petey247's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaens View Post
Everyone's different, but here's how I did it...

For my items I just used 25 Angel Trumpets. With all of my guys over 50k, these were basically 25000 heals, I'd just let my guys die if they were going to and went all out offense. Honestly I think I only ended up using 10 or 12 of them anyways thanks to Viola's heals during the harmony chains. Also I had recovery gloves on Viola, so that's a free 5000+ HP heal every turn.

The Angel Trumpets are really what finally helped. Fill up with Angel Trumpets and Harmony Chain like hell!

Old 09-25-2007, 09:07 PM   #48
Ray5555

Ray5555's Gamercard

Quote:
The Angel Trumpets are really what finally helped. Fill up with Angel Trumpets and Harmony Chain like hell!
I never used on healing item when fighting any of the bosses in unison. That dungeon really is a push over if you maximize combos, counters, and equipment
Old 09-26-2007, 06:00 AM   #49
drno

Send a message via MSN to drno

EatMoreHippo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Achievement Guide - Gold   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Map of Mysterious Unison (spoilers?)

I don't think there was a soul shard on the 5th floor
Old 09-26-2007, 01:49 PM   #50
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

It may have been the fourth. I was writing the guide after I got everything and I could not retrace my steps correctly from Ray's description. I tried to write better ones, but that one I could not find again. I found a few empty chests, but I have no idea which one was the right one.

Old 09-26-2007, 11:38 PM   #51
MrNuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drno View Post
I don't think there was a soul shard on the 5th floor
That's correct. From the 4th floor you have to teleport back to the 3rd floor, then back to another section in 4 before heading to 5.

There is a soul shard on 3rd floor, but you have to go to 4 first and double back for it. There isn't a shard on 5. There is a separate thread with a map for Mysterious Union, and it's incredibly helpful.
MrNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 01:00 AM   #52
Devtek

Devtek's Gamercard
I got one of the EZI items already on first play, you say they disappear on 2nd play through. Can you get them again though or are they lost forever dooming my 321 points?
Devtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 01:32 AM   #53
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Yeah, you can collect them again.

Old 09-27-2007, 06:21 AM   #54
UraMallas

UraMallas's Gamercard

Okay, so how do I get past level 7 please.

Also, what floors are the shards on.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:27 PM   #55
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

The floors are listed in the first post for that achievement. There is a map thread for the Unison a few threads down that should help to navigate it.

Old 09-29-2007, 02:09 AM   #56
shoujoboy

shoujoboy's Gamercard
I seriously must be missing something in translation. I'm trying to get the Soul Released achievement and I can never seem to get it to work. I beat Rondo and got the Heart Pendant and when I take it to Fort Fermata and go to the locked room all I see is a guy lying there with a pot next to him. When I talk to him all he does is groan over and over again, no matter what I do. Is this the wrong guy or is there some other prerequisite to getting this to work? Any help?

Edit: Nevermind, by freak accident I figured it out. But just in case anybody else is having trouble I'll leave the steps. Once in chapter 6 either revist Tenuto or Ritardando and go through the cave. Towards the center of the cave is a single man that will talk about Chord and tell you to talk to someone in Baroque who was involved in the project. Return to Baroque and go down the stairs from the castle and to the right to a lone old woman. After you talk to her THEN you can go to Fort Fermata and the event will take place. And now you know... probably already did actually.

Last edited by shoujoboy; 09-29-2007 at 04:47 AM.
shoujoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 05:47 AM   #57
Petey247

Petey247's Gamercard

I'm trying to get the Elite EZI piece from Solitary String in Tenuto. It's Chapter 6, and I have warped back, but the cat won't wake up. Do I need to get further along in the chapter before he'll cough it up? BTW, I'm in my 2nd run through.

Edit: I'm in Ch 7 and this is the only EZI piece I need to get the last achievement. Any help on waking the cat up would be much appreciated.

Last edited by Petey247; 09-30-2007 at 12:03 AM.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:50 PM   #58
EarthViper

I've heard somewhere that New Game+ doesn't increase enemy stats, it's actually party levels 5&6 that do that. So by the time you're starting your second playthrough, at least level 5 will be unlocked and you will automatically start with that so as you're fighting the monsters in the early chapters with low levels it will seem alot harder because last time you fought them you had lower party levels. So if you set your party level back to 1 when starting New Game+ and increase it gradually as the game progresses, the difficulty should remain the same.

Like I said, I've only heard that but haven't tested it myself to see if it's true or not. I'm just starting my second play and putting the party level down to where it would have been on playthrough #1 I can't say I'm noticing any difference in how quickly I kill enemies or how much damage they do.

Suffice to say I'm hoping this is the case as I saved my Clear file over my playthrough #1 save before I knew about the optional dungeon (yeah, I know it was dumb) and I'm hoping I don't have to spend the extra time leveling up to max level to finish those achievements on playthrough #2.

=/

Last edited by EarthViper; 09-30-2007 at 05:34 PM.
EarthViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 07:12 PM   #59
Petey247

Petey247's Gamercard

Quote:
I'm trying to get the Elite EZI piece from Solitary String in Tenuto. It's Chapter 6, and I have warped back, but the cat won't wake up. Do I need to get further along in the chapter before he'll cough it up? BTW, I'm in my 2nd run through.

Edit: I'm in Ch 7 and this is the only EZI piece I need to get the last achievement. Any help on waking the cat up would be much appreciated.
I just wanted to quote myself.....

I had the wrong cat all along (as anyone with the achievement would probably have told me). You have to go left at Polka's door and follow that dirt path to the cat. I mistakenly kept trying to talk to the cat on the right of the house. Someone may find this info useful.

Old 10-01-2007, 01:44 PM   #60
aCzarX

aCzarX's Gamercard
I just finished getting 1000/1000 and I have some notes to add to this guide.

On your second playthrough.
When you get to BAROQUE CITY in chapter 4 you MUST talk with the granny at the inn and view the event or you will not be able to get score piece 31 in chapter 7 and you will be forced to play a 3rd game =(

To start the fight to get score piece 20 and pirate map #3 you must first examine the 6 pillers in Mandolin Church Grotto - South Section or the guy in the wine celler will not start the fight.

Last edited by aCzarX; 10-01-2007 at 03:27 PM.
aCzarX is offline   Reply With Quote