PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Strategy > A Kingdom for Keflings
Subscribe    Donate

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2011, 12:14 PM   #1
AnubisGX

AnubisGX's Gamercard
Smile Passing the building limit

Upon reaching the building limit, I noticed that sometimes I was able to build more buildings over the limit. I tested this by being one part under the limit, then I built a single part and when it finished, I would get the limit message if I tried to make another part. However, back at one under, I would queue five parts in the workshop and they all would build bringing me to 4 parts over the limit.

Now I thought, if this works for this one workshop, then it should work for all workshops. Thus, I was able to build 39 extra parts over the building limit with the way my town was made.

Here's what you do:

You should first just build normally until you reach the building limit. You should also have an idea of what you want before you reach the limit.

What you do now (for maximum over limit potential) is destroy (in your town) 6 parts belonging to an individual workshop. These components could be walls, trees, statues or individual building parts. You can destroy less than 6, but you will lower your over limit potential. For example, you would destroy 6 town walls which are made in the town workshop, then destroy 6 keep walls which are made in the keep workshop. If you have, for instance, 3 factories, you would destroy 6 factory made parts for each factory, meaning 18 factory parts. You should be destroying parts that you will be replacing in the end.
(Note that you must destroy less than 6 parts for one of your workshops)

For each workshop do this:
# of parts destroyed (6 max) -1 = # of parts over limit.
Example: I destroyed 6 factory parts -1 = 5 parts over limit

Now add up all the "# of parts over limit" of each workshop and add 4 to get your maximum parts over limit total.

After you know how much you can build, go ahead and build your new parts up to your calculated new parts limit. Once you're finished building your new parts, go back to each of your workshops and rebuild the parts you destroyed for it. Do not move any parts yet! With each building having 1 built part visible, you should now be at the game's actual building limit. All the parts that are queued will still be built even over the limit. Allowing you to replace all the parts you destroyed at the start.

Remember when I said to destroy less than 6 parts for one of your workshops? At the end, when you are building your replacement parts, one of your shops will be able to only make 5 parts. If you destroyed 6 for all your shops, you will have one part that you can't replace.

Lastly, if you want to make other parts, you have to destroy ALL the parts you built over the limit. So make sure you know what you want to build.

Please note that the more over the limit you go, the more laggy your game may run. Common sense.