PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck's Revenge
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-08-2010, 05:21 AM   #61
LiquidHotMAGMA9

LiquidHotMAGMA9's Gamercard
Stuck on Act 3

Nvm I found the other doors. I'm an idiot lol. Great guide

__________________________________________________ ___________________
Games Completed:

Retail Games: 65
Arcade Games: 32

Latest Completions:

Crazy Machines Elem.
College Hoops 2K6
Darkest Days

Goals Achieved:
99,999 GS - August 15, 2010 1 P.M.

Last edited by LiquidHotMAGMA9; 08-08-2010 at 05:33 AM. Reason: Found the other doors.
LiquidHotMAGMA9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 03:52 PM   #62
Snowcrashed

Many thanks, your guide has been brilliant.
Snowcrashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:12 PM   #63
PrototypeChaos

xNMExCHAOSx's Gamercard
Great walkthought, just finished it now, got all cheevos on first playthought, this game is amazing and so funny
PrototypeChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:13 PM   #64
Zetara

I have a problem.

I'm at the end in the alley above the elevator ready to make the lechuck voodoo doll. But I don't have the clean hankie. I never received a hankie from Stan..

What am I supposed to do?

Edit : Never mind. I had it all this time without noticing it.

Last edited by Zetara; 10-10-2010 at 08:19 PM.
Zetara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 03:16 AM   #65
Corrupt.
̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(◕_◕)=ε/̵͇̿̿

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Staff - Guide Team   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Gold   Community Gaming - Gold   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 2   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
Thats some brilliant work there dude...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
I'm 50 shades of retarded
Corrupt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:46 PM   #66
ChocoDK

Puppet Doctor's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide it was extremely helpful. I just got all 200GS.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:50 PM   #67
iCEMAN_noob

Send a message via Skype™ to iCEMAN_noob

Dead Parasol's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Great guide, it worked great. 200/200 in one playthrough
iCEMAN_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:29 PM   #68
narvdude

narvdude's Gamercard
Fantastic guide! The only section I think might need braking down is the doors in part 3.
narvdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:15 AM   #69
tastefulmrship

Sarone T C's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by narvdude View Post
Fantastic guide! The only section I think might need braking down is the doors in part 3.
It's easy to do, but difficult to explain in single line sentences (ie, how the walkthrough is set out). Basically, you need to find the UGLY BONE THING (they are always against the back wall) that corresponds to the description on the 'bones song' lyrics you got at the bottom of the BIG TREE when Guybrush was knocked out.
Look at the SPIT ENCRUSTED PAPER and it will say 'HIP connected to the LEG' 'LEG connected to the RIB' 'RIB connected to the <WHATEVER>' (or something similar) for the first verse. The three 'bones' you need are HIP LEG RIB. Sometimes the UGLY BONE THING isn't in the initial room you are standing in, so simply use the ARCHWAYS to the left/right until you find the UGLY BONE THING with a HIP at the top, LEG in the middle and a RIB at the bottom (or whatever your first verse says). Push that UGLY BONE THING and it will open up, then walk through the gap to the next room. Repeat for verses 2, 3 and 4 until you get to a room with a BIG DOOR at the far end.
If, at any time during this puzzle, you end up at the SIGN ROOM, then you've made a mistake somewhere along the way and will need to start again.

You could call this 'puzzle' the GROG-MUG PUZZLE of the second game! Both of which are stupidly, and unnecessarily, annoying!

Good luck!
tastefulmrship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:39 PM   #70
Gilthresa

Norqueatsz's Gamercard
Thanks for the awesome guide

Last edited by Gilthresa; 12-01-2010 at 01:50 PM.
Gilthresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:29 PM   #71
Flagg
Banned User

Wizard Flagg's Gamercard
I can't believe it...

I played the Monkey Island games a good 15 years ago on my dad's old 286....

I'm excited to download this once I finish off my other games.
Flagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:39 AM   #72
Didi Mau

Send a message via MSN to Didi Mau

CuriousJewbeard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Gold   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Posted on the first page, but I finally had some spare cash to pick it up while it was discounted and just got the 200g yesterday! Guide worked as brilliantly as always Ship, cheers!

I managed to get through the majority of chapter one without any help but it eventually beat me down again haha. I'm thinking about doing another run now, trying to find and document the answers to each puzzle- I've found several walkthroughs to the games but none explain the "why" behind the "how" (for instance, I noticed at the governor's party if you listen to some of the conversations that automatically run you'll get a tip about the wind being abusable in the spitting contest, but it only gets him second place). As you're our resident forum champion on these matters and have presumably clawed your way through the games without any guide help at all when you were younger, would you be able to tell me if there's some puzzles that have no direct clues related to them at all? The shovel in the sign seems to be one that's just thinking out of the box, but it's at least a fairly obvious one

Last edited by Didi Mau; 12-02-2010 at 10:12 AM.
Didi Mau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 02:00 PM   #73
tastefulmrship

Sarone T C's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didi Mau View Post
I managed to get through the majority of chapter one without any help but it eventually beat me down again haha. I'm thinking about doing another run now, trying to find and document the answers to each puzzle- I've found several walkthroughs to the games but none explain the "why" behind the "how" (for instance, I noticed at the governor's party if you listen to some of the conversations that automatically run you'll get a tip about the wind being abusable in the spitting contest, but it only gets him second place). As you're our resident forum champion on these matters and have presumably clawed your way through the games without any guide help at all when you were younger, would you be able to tell me if there's some puzzles that have no direct clues related to them at all? The shovel in the sign seems to be one that's just thinking out of the box, but it's at least a fairly obvious one
I've been thinking about this for a few days now and I'm no closer to answering your question; I can hardly remember what I did an hour ago, so trying to think back 19 years is something my brain-cell just can't handle! You could almost call me a walking reason for the banning of soft-drug and alcohol use!

However, I wish you the best of luck with your study and I think it will be interesting to see how many hints and subtle clues LUCASARTS added to their original games. I still believe having a blatant 'hint' system in the SE versions is a waste of time. People these days are too interested in a GamingNumber to spend weeks/months/years solving a problem by themselves, but why should they when they can go onto almost any gaming web-site and get the solution handed to them? I know, I'm now a part of this problem! I write walkthroughs whose sole purpose is to get these people the 'NoSignificanceInLifeWhatSoEver'Score they so veremently crave and demand.

DIGRESSIONAL TANGENT in 3... 2... 1... What I always hated about adventure game walkthroughs on GameFAQs (and some other web-sites) is that they have sections like;

Before leaving the cage, press button A. Now, let's see what Guybrush is doing once you've done that! Oh look, he's now chained to the gorilla. A rather fetching gorilla at that, I'd do it! Hahahaha. Now, I think we should use the green bottle in our inventory with that banana we picked up four chapters ago from the fisherman who we needed to give that cat's whisker to so he could fashion it into a lure to catch that fish that puked up the banana. What does that new item in our inventory do? Well, let's see, shall we? Use the rotten banana (that was made by using the green bottle with the banana) with the gorilla Guybrush is chained to. YES! We killed the gorilla. Take that, you furry ****!

When all you need to write is;

Press button A.
Use green bottle with banana.
Use rotten banana with gorilla.

Arrrrgggghhhh! WHY? For feck's sake, why? Who wants to read all that sh*t? Is it to make your walkthrough look infinitely bigger than it really is? Fecking dumbass stupidity!

(Sorry about that! My medication is a few hours late, but I'm better now! Today's orderly has been sacked!)
Old 12-04-2010, 11:56 PM   #74
TwistedFate

Bobo daMunkee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tastefulmrship View Post
DIGRESSIONAL TANGENT in 3... 2... 1... What I always hated about adventure game walkthroughs on GameFAQs (and some other web-sites) is that they have sections like;

Before leaving the cage, press button A. Now, let's see what Guybrush is doing once you've done that! Oh look, he's now chained to the gorilla. A rather fetching gorilla at that, I'd do it! Hahahaha. Now, I think we should use the green bottle in our inventory with that banana we picked up four chapters ago from the fisherman who we needed to give that cat's whisker to so he could fashion it into a lure to catch that fish that puked up the banana. What does that new item in our inventory do? Well, let's see, shall we? Use the rotten banana (that was made by using the green bottle with the banana) with the gorilla Guybrush is chained to. YES! We killed the gorilla. Take that, you furry ****!

When all you need to write is;

Press button A.
Use green bottle with banana.
Use rotten banana with gorilla.

Arrrrgggghhhh! WHY? For feck's sake, why? Who wants to read all that sh*t? Is it to make your walkthrough look infinitely bigger than it really is? Fecking dumbass stupidity!
It's because your walkthrough is basically a speed run/complete walkthrough. It can be kind of useless at parts unless you are following it from the beginning. If you are trying to play through it on your own and get stuck, yours doesn't really offer any hints. Yours is very good for what it is, but here is an example where it doesn't work for people actually trying to play the game themselves: when you get to the grave and need to dig, you say to use the shovel, but your walkthrough never actually says where you get the shovel, it's tied to another action. If you don't do that action you don't have the shovel. Other, more verbose walkthroughs will tell you where you missed it so you can go back and get it.

Last edited by TwistedFate; 12-05-2010 at 12:44 AM.
TwistedFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:07 AM   #75
tastefulmrship

Sarone T C's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedFate View Post
It's because your walkthrough is basically a speed run/complete walkthrough. It can be kind of useless at parts unless you are following it from the beginning. If you are trying to play through it on your own and get stuck, yours doesn't really offer any hints. Yours is very good for what it is, but here is an example where it doesn't work for people actually trying to play the game themselves: when you get to the grave and need to dig, you say to use the shovel, but your walkthrough never actually says where you get the shovel, it's tied to another action. If you don't do that action you don't have the shovel. Other, more verbose walkthroughs will tell you where you missed it so you can go back and get it.
But, using your shovel example, that's how all LUCASARTS adventures work. They are a series of open-ended puzzles involving multiple actions, usually intertwined with other actions within other puzzles. The only way to find a true middle ground between a rigid speed-run and a full author-biography walkthrough would be to seperate each puzzle out and guide the player through each in turn; SOMETHING OF THE DEAD; walk to woodtick, push sign (inventory: shovel), walk right, click on graveyard, click on hills, use shovel with grave, etc. This would involve a lot of re-treading of areas, but would also instruct the player as to the logic behind the puzzle.

I'm not interested in the author's sexual deviations, extra comments about their family life or what they think the protagonist should do next; if I download a walkthrough for an adventure game, I expect to find solutions to the puzzle(s) that's causing the minor domestic violence that prompted the initial search for it.
At the very beginning, before my walkthroughs even start, I say that if you deviate in any way you will get lost and find yourself completely stuck. They are solely designed for those people who think 200GS is more important than enjoying the gaming experience, which is (in some cases) what this site is all about. Thankfully, it seems that people also use it as their second playthrough, just to get those niggly achievements they missed when running through it on their own. I fear, these people are in the minority.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:10 PM   #76
TwistedFate

Bobo daMunkee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
I agree with almost all you've said, but your initial post comes across as "my way is the only way you should ever do it". Your walkthroughs are great, but you yourself even say that it's useless if you don't follow from the beginning. So the only way to beat the game is to do it completely by yourself or use a walkthrough from the beginning?

Separating each puzzle out is not the only other way to do it. Simply adding a line to the actions when inventory is added is optimal. i.e. 'Push sign (adds shovel to inventory)'. Now all a stuck user has to do is search for "shovel" and it shows them where to get it. It doesn't have to be done for everything; only for every action that doesn't specifically list what you are getting. i.e. 'Pick up dog (adds dog to your inventory)' is not necessary, but 'look at bowl (adds cheese doodles to inventory)' would be. Do that and speedthroughs are helpful for non-speed runs.

Now I didn't intend this to turn into 'you should add this to your walkthrough' post. I only meant to illustrate, that while yours are good at what they do, they are nearly useless outside of that purpose and implying that all walkthroughs should assume that format is ridiculous. Other walkthroughs exist to be more helpful if you get stuck and just want a push in the right direction. That's why they aren't the spartan 'go here, do that' format yours takes. Going off on a multiparagraph rant makes it seems that yours is the only correct way to do it. I'm just saying that's it's not. I have seen some that have too much info, but really not that many and you make it seem like everybody else does it.

Last edited by TwistedFate; 12-05-2010 at 02:43 PM.
TwistedFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:24 AM   #77
tastefulmrship

Sarone T C's Gamercard
It isn't my way or nothing, and I didn't want anyone to think that was the purpose of my irritation. Having extra information to help the player is always good, but keep it relevant. Spooning unnecessary information doesn't help anyone except the author as his/her file looks larger than it really should be.

I admit that writing a walkthrough for LeChuck's Revenge was a bit of a waste of time as there is very little you need to do outside of the main story. The achievements lack any imagination which is surprising, really, when the game is full of imagination, but I've voiced that opinion before...
Old 12-06-2010, 11:19 AM   #78
MadMaxxx123

Send a message via ICQ to MadMaxxx123

MadMaxxx's Gamercard
When in pause menu, does it counts for time? Or u can tap start and wait as long as u want?
MadMaxxx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:43 PM   #79
lord verh

lord verh's Gamercard
I suggest creating used hankie before getting his beard in the elevator, when i got his beard he did no longer spawn, so I couldn´t make the used hankie, fortunatley i had still had a save while hanging above the acid so I finished the game again wich took me less then 20 minutes

maybe this just happened to me, thanks for the great guide!
lord verh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:51 PM   #80
xEndriux

xEndriux's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Thanks for the guide....helped me a lot

Seriously 3.0 unlocked 2/20/2012
1st on x360a: Metro Last Light - Metro 2033 - PES2010 - PES2011- FableIII Traitor's Keep - Marvel SSH:TIG Thanos Throwdown

Completed XBLA: 43/43
Completed Retail: 185/187
Completed Retail with DLC: 185/187
GS Completion: 99.95%

xEndriux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 06:12 AM   #81
macd

MacDofGlasgow's Gamercard
Used your guide for Secret, used it for this. Saved me a lot of bother, thanks.

macd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:04 AM   #82
Feonyx

Send a message via Yahoo to Feonyx

feonyx's Gamercard
A few things

First off awesome guide thanks! Here are a few tweaks which might help others.

-- Part II - Four Map Pieces

don't want to have to read through all the previous posts but...

Use hammer on nails. (If Stan gets out of the coffin before you can nail him in, then ask him to look at the used coffin, close it and try again. You have to be VERY quick to get this... almost instantly after the closing of the coffin)

Use hammer on Coffin not nails.

Walk right. (Until the woman in the big hat appears, between the costume shop and Stan's Previously Owned Coffins)
Look at Great Shipwrecks of Our Century.

It's in your inventory... I was looking around on the screen... since well... ok I was a little retarded and confused.

Pick up monkey head.

It's on the head of the ship

-- Part IV - Dinky Island
walk to more jungle. (Right-hand path) (You should see a pile of rocks to the left in this area)

You should mention its the middle right-hand path not the bottom one.

Feonyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:36 AM   #83
tastefulmrship

Sarone T C's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feonyx View Post
First off awesome guide thanks! Here are a few tweaks which might help others.

-- Part II - Four Map Pieces
don't want to have to read through all the previous posts but...

<stuff that needed changing>

-- Part IV - Dinky Island

<stuff that needed changing>
Edited and credited!
Ta!
Old 01-08-2011, 11:54 PM   #84
EA Shenron

EA Shenron's Gamercard
Great job ! I've got my 200 now.

Working on : AC : Brotherhood
On hold : ME 2, Dante's Inferno, Banjo Kazooie N&B
Planned : ---
Waiting for : Batman : AC, Darksiders 2
EA Shenron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:59 AM   #85
Corrupt.

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Staff - Guide Team   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Gold   Community Gaming - Gold   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 2   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
I am a wee bit stuck! I have gone into the crpypt to look for Rapp Scallions coffin, but I don't have the option to look for it, just 5 generic coffins. What am I missing?

Quote:
Old 01-17-2011, 08:41 AM   #86
tastefulmrship

Sarone T C's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt x360a View Post
I am a wee bit stuck! I have gone into the crpypt to look for Rapp Scallions coffin, but I don't have the option to look for it, just 5 generic coffins. What am I missing?
You need to read the PIRATE QUOTATIONS book you stole from the Mayor of PHATT ISLAND. Make a note of the quotation for RAPP SCALLION, as you will need to find his coffin for the final MAP PIECE.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:34 PM   #87
Corrupt.

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Brilliant, thanks for the speedy reply Snip...

Quote:
Old 01-17-2011, 06:46 PM   #88
Corrupt.

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

5 Minutes Later not unlocking. I literally do nothing with the controller for 5 minutes, after 5 minutes the game simply pauses. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: Nevermind, unlocked at the end...

Quote:

Last edited by Corrupt.; 01-17-2011 at 08:27 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:35 PM   #89
Masklin

SILVERsifDURFER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Another top class guide , many thanks

Completed Games
Masklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:32 PM   #90
nateeasy

nateeasy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Click on BIG TREE.
Walk to plank.
Walk to plank. (Make sure Guybrush stands on the plank) (SE:Manual Mode will have 'Use plank')
Use reinforced oar with hole. (Next to the plank)
Walk to reinforced oar. (SE:Manual Mode will have 'Use reinforced oar')
Pick up plank. (The plank you were just standing on)
Use plank with hole. (The hole to the right of where the reinfoced oar is)
Walk to plank.
Pick up reinforced oar.
Use reinfoced oar with hole. (To the right of the plank)
Pick up telescope. (It's in the left hut, in the distance)
Walk to door. (Of the hut in the foreground)
Use dog with pile. (The big pile of paper on the left) (Four Map Pieces Complete 2/5)
Walk to door. (To the right)
Walk to ground. (The rope infront of the hut)
Walk to path.
Click on DREAD'S SHIP.

Im at the part where you use the dog with the pile. Guybursh just says "It doesnt seem to smell interesting to him" Any Help?
nateeasy is offline   Reply With Quote