I should not have put this in my gamefly queue

Kaz

Tearing through minions is no problem on difficult, its just the bosses that counter grapple and 1HKO me.

Anyone still going for that 1k or have the crowds gone silent

EDIT: Success. It was the hardest one to date by far. All I can say is persistence is what you need.

Edited by Kaz
title for relevance

After grinding away on the online ladder and watching an RNG shitfest, my character finally broke out of the 250 rank wall. The strategy provided with Chiba Sanako and a YYYAYYY spam became much more effective. I finish writing this ranked 77 with 1604 points.

Final Record 127W:67L a 65% Win rate

With this out of the way, I see the end in sight.

Fuck yes I nailed the gold on Edo Battle. A big thanks to NanmonJiel who messaged me some tips! Many thanks dude.

I'll post the messages so more people can benefit.

Word of advice for hitting Gold on the Edo mission: you can rest three times max; try to do breaks at 400,750 and 950 kills. That way, you are fully charged for the last Chiba Sanako. She mercs like crazy

For my attempt I finished in 32'52"40 which is 203 out of 891. To hit gold the target was 34'21"00. I used Sasaki Kojiro like the roadmap mentioned. The best time to chain your combo is when Sanako opens up with her own combo, your range should be able to interrupt and get a full link on her. Do it twice and you pretty much nail it.

When I did it, I had 400 at 11 minutes, rested for two to fully recharge, killed to 650 or so before healing up again at 19 minutes in (damn boss nailed me with a shot), then once more at 950 (31 minutes in). Having extra time later on helps

I had trouble reaching 400 kills by 12 minutes. Fortunately the pace of mob respawns from 20 minutes onward was so much faster. I took a half hp break around 500. (charged from 10% to about 55%) Then I took another break around 890 kills (10% to about 60%) By this point I dropped the last guy around 31 sometime in.

• 3 weeks later...
Fuck yes I nailed the gold on Edo Battle. A big thanks to NanmonJiel who messaged me some tips! Many thanks dude.

I'll post the messages so more people can benefit.

For my attempt I finished in 32'52"40 which is 203 out of 891. To hit gold the target was 34'21"00. I used Sasaki Kojiro like the roadmap mentioned. The best time to chain your combo is when Sanako opens up with her own combo, your range should be able to interrupt and get a full link on her. Do it twice and you pretty much nail it.

I had trouble reaching 400 kills by 12 minutes. Fortunately the pace of mob respawns from 20 minutes onward was so much faster. I took a half hp break around 500. (charged from 10% to about 55%) Then I took another break around 890 kills (10% to about 60%) By this point I dropped the last guy around 31 sometime in.

Scoring a Gold on Edo Battle Royale is my last real hurdle with this game. I still haven't made it through with everyone on normal or difficult, but I don't foresee that being anything more than a timesink and occasional frustration. Edo Battle Royale, however, had me absolutely furious as I repeatedly die on the last foe - with more than enough time left on the clock.

I had much more luck with Chibi as my character than Kojiro. Thanks for the tips, though. I haven't given up on the game yet even though I haven't touched it for months. A little bit of advice like this might just be all I needed to get the urge back, haha.

It was definitely one of the most stressful achievements that I ever had completed. But the feeling of clearing it at the end almost made it worthwhile.

I wish you the best of luck if you decide to pick it up again. :drunk

• 1 year later...

Edo battle gold is really annoying, but not too difficult if you follow the advice I gave above. While you are resting no one attacks you. Three breaks is really all you can get in, though, given how slow your health regenerates. don't even think about resting until your kills reach about 400-450, though. When I did it, I had about 1/10 health left before the first rest period and about the same the second because I got hit by a Chiba. I suggest going against the last Chiba at near full strength because unless you can interrupt her combo, she hits for a ton of damage.

• 2 months later...

Additional advice sent to eohjay:

In terms of strategy for getting gold, I found the best method for me was to stay on the right bank (the side of edo that has the well where you rest up). What I did was to run round and round the block by the bridge (each circuit nets you three spawns of enemies). When I was down to about 1/10th power, I would run to the well to regenerate my health. As I said in the forum, you can do this a maximum of three times. The pace of the respawns quickens after 15 minutes or so, so you may end up just running back and forth in an "L" around the block at that point. Chiba is relentless, but if you are decent at timing your strikes, you can kill the first 9 iterations easily. The last one is rough (died on her several times) because she blocks like crazy and is relentless on her attack. I ended up getting lucky on her with a nearly full health bar, but if you are good at timing your attack, I think you get it off just before she swings and you can own her.