PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Half Life 2: The Orange Box
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-23-2010, 05:01 PM   #1
SOADFan64

SOADFan64's Gamercard
People still playing Team Fortress 2 ?

Hey guys, I was thinking about buying the Orange Box. Just wanted to know if there's still people playing Team Fortress 2 online or are the servers completely empty ? Online play is a major factor for me when I buy a game, so this is important for me.
SOADFan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:35 PM   #2
Iconoclast

Iconoclastix's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
People still play it online on Xbox Live, but I don't think it's a terribly popular game for the online play on the console version anymore.

I have it for PC and thousands of people still play it to this day, myself included. I find the PC communities are much better for Valve games than their console-counterparts, simply because their games have always put specific emphasis on PC gamers over console owners.

If you're only looking to get it for achievements and maybe a few playthroughs of the other games included (HL2, Ep1, Ep2, and Portal), then it's still a worthwhile buy. But if you're serious about the online multiplayer aspect and have the means to do so, I'd highly recommend getting it for PC instead as it's much more popular. I myself usually play it a few times a week if not everyday, while I haven't touched my console version of the Orange Box in ages.

In conclusion, the Orange Box is still a game worth having, simply because the five games it includes are all phenomenal. But like I said, if you're looking at getting it specifically for TF2 and online play, I'd definitely suggest checking into the PC version (it's dirt cheap on Steam these days as well; it's $19 retail, but it usually comes on sale for about 50% off every few weeks).

RB2 - 1651 DLC songs (+RB1, GDRB, LRB, ACDC), platinum guitar/bass + vox.
MW2 - 10th Prestige baby!

Always looking for people in Bad Company 2 (PC NOT 360)
Want to join PpZ?
Send me a friend request in-game
Iconoclast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:35 PM   #3
Simmons

PHATmanDAN's Gamercard
If you are thinking of buying the Orange Box on xbox.......DON'T. PC or go home. First of all TF2 on Xbox is shit. Not only is it a desert, it is stripped compared to the PC version. I could not get in to Half-life at all. I just didn't see the appeal. Last, there is the salvation. Portal is one of the best games I have played. However, do not buy the game JUST for Portal.

I bought TF2 on Steam for $20 and got Portal for free during some special promo. The Orange Box was one of the worst game-buying decisions I have ever made.

Sorry to rain on your parade man
Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:37 PM   #4
Simmons

PHATmanDAN's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
People still play it online on Xbox Live, but I don't think it's a terribly popular game for the online play on the console version anymore.

I have it for PC and thousands of people still play it to this day, myself included. I find the PC communities are much better for Valve games than their console-counterparts, simply because their games have always put specific emphasis on PC gamers over console owners.

If you're only looking to get it for achievements and maybe a few playthroughs of the other games included (HL2, Ep1, Ep2, and Portal), then it's still a worthwhile buy. But if you're serious about the online multiplayer aspect and have the means to do so, I'd highly recommend getting it for PC instead as it's much more popular. I myself usually play it a few times a week if not everyday, while I haven't touched my console version of the Orange Box in ages.

In conclusion, the Orange Box is still a game worth having, simply because the five games it includes are all phenomenal. But like I said, if you're looking at getting it specifically for TF2 and online play, I'd definitely suggest checking into the PC version (it's dirt cheap on Steam these days as well; it's $19 retail, but it usually comes on sale for about 50% off every few weeks).
Take her opinion over mine. I forgot that it is $20 now. When I bought it, it was $60.

Icono, we should play PC TF2 sometime.
Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:12 PM   #5
Smoolander

Smoolander's Gamercard
If only Valve would being the TF2 updates to the console like they have for PC. Microsoft certification and pricing has seen that it will not happen.
Smoolander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:17 PM   #6
X360a Licey

Licey x360a's Gamercard
I play it on PC quite often, a couple people play on xbox.

made by-jtr1gg3r
X360a Licey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:50 AM   #7
fudgenuts64
Banned User

fudgenuts64's Gamercard
I still play it on Xbox. My PC can't run it .
fudgenuts64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:08 AM   #8
KNIGHTOFSERA

hyrulesknight's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
It is true that the PC version of tf2 is far superior, luckily i got it for like 3 bucks also

anyways, yes people still play, not anything amazing numbers wise...but yes they do

I myself am paying and it is destroying my soul trying to get 1000 kills knowing that I could be playing the pc version instead...its my last achievement though so i got to stick it out

KNIGHTOFSERA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:45 PM   #9
Starstrukk X360A

Nerdcrest's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
People still play, hell I even played TF2 on the 360 a few days ago.

If your computer can support it, play it on the PC, but if you're like me with a computer that won't run computer games very well, the 360 is the better choice.

Follow me on the internet:

Starstrukk X360A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:29 PM   #10
Dragon_22

Half-Life on consoles is garbage, buy it for PC or don't.
Dragon_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:39 PM   #11
newbsicle

zymotic's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
You'll have a very hard time finding ranked games, but player matches can still be found to some extent. If all else fails go to trueachievements and set-up a session to get others to join you in-game.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:00 PM   #12
DarkCreations

DarkCreations's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post

This.

It really is dirt cheap on Steam, i brought it a couple weeks ago for 5 (because of 50% off due to the release of cross-platform)

You can also get it bundled with another game for a little bit extra.

DarkCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:14 PM   #13
Mr Snipey

Pleese Shoot Me's Gamercard
I played earlier (on 360) and there were several games running. Best of all though, I didn't see any of the awful lag the game had when I played it back in 08. However I couldn't get into it immediately.

Mr Snipey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 04:11 PM   #14
iPod Taste

iPod Taste's Gamercard
I think there are some a few people playing it, but last time I played it was like 4 months ago.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:27 PM   #15
Kaiyo

KaiyoOrganiz000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Theres people still playing Team Fortress 2, a few though.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:16 AM   #16
METALBOMBr

Send a message via MSN to METALBOMBr

METALBOMBr's Gamercard
People still play Team Fortress 2 but it's not a massive crowd and the lag is horrible! It's unfortunate how Valve has left the Xbox 360 version of Team Fortress 2 bare! There has been zero updates on Xbox 360 and many on PC.
METALBOMBr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:33 AM   #17
x Smythe o

cetus tom's Gamercard
i went on the other week and i was the only person on the servers.. haha
x Smythe o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 06:03 PM   #18
Herr Shaun

Herr Shaun's Gamercard
If you're just after achievements, then The Orange Box is a good buy for only $20 ($15 used).

If you really want to get into TF2, get it for PC. Trust me.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:02 PM   #19
xxcrzy1xx

xxcrzy1xx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon_22 View Post
Half-Life on consoles is garbage, buy it for PC or don't.
This couldn't be more wrong to be honest.

Its the same game on pc vs. xbox, the only difference is if your video card isn't a gaming one like my situation. Although, TF2 is fun on PC even if your like me and your graphic's card isn't awesome
Old 10-30-2010, 06:53 PM   #20
god online

G0D Online's Gamercard
I started playing it on the xbox only a week or 2 ago, but there seems to be no shortage in people on it, an its as good as on the pc... well at least i think so.
god online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:56 PM   #21
lmn0potts

Brave Sir Chuck's Gamercard
Add me

Back after not having internet for a year. Getting back into playing this, so I feel pretty n00by on a lot of the maps, looking forward to seeing you guys on the battlefield!

GT: Brave Sir Chuck
lmn0potts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:19 AM   #22
Mr. Smith

UnbornPayload's Gamercard
I still play the game and on most days you can find a lot of people playing, and the people who say its laggy, thats either your crummy connection or the hosts even shittier connection. Most games you will probably find a homo host glitching or turning off certain classes to his or hers advantage...but most of the time that just means there terrible at the game so its pretty easy to dominate them and watch them rage quit.
Mr. Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 05:56 AM   #23
jmarting

Jmartingv's Gamercard
I still play the 360 version, i got the pc version too, but my pc cant run it.
jmarting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:26 AM   #24
Cheesemonkey994

Cheesemonkey994's Gamercard
Some still do, but if you can, buy it off Steam. It goes on sale regularly.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:27 PM   #25
Glamorten

Sidewinder3009's Gamercard
Yup, PC has so many more features
Glamorten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:29 PM   #26
Bognostroclump

Bognostroclump's Gamercard
You can still find TF2 games to join on Xbox Live although it is pretty dead. I have never played the PC version, my PC won't run it although that is probably the way to go. Always hoped Valve would patch the Xbox version I would have gladly bought a map expansion pack if they had released one too.
Bognostroclump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:03 AM   #27
DylanShaw

xBrosephStaIinx's Gamercard
i play it on and off.
it gets boring pretty fast nowadays
DylanShaw is offline   Reply With Quote