PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > Kinect Joy Ride
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-05-2011, 03:27 AM   #1
jay71uk

Stunt mode advice

Crimson Gorge (pro) is probably the best level to play - it seems to have plenty of items & time bonuses.

Use lots of boosts. If you do 2 or 3 jumps at the start to build up your momentum before you start spinning - this can help to get to the higher items (that multiply your score).

Once you've got a decent bit of height - try to stay as straight as you can on the ramps (rather than going across them) - this should keep you nice and high.

A diagonal leant back spin seems to work well - and if done right can charge up your boost at the same time.

When to best use the boosts will become instinct - but on the way up seems to work well (and on the bottom a bit too).

If you can get four or five jumps into the bells and time-bonuses - you should be laughing - just try to keep straight.

If you have a second player to help you - try "Paradise Pipes".
There are two rows of time bonuses at the side (away from the main items) - and the other player can zoom round these for you whilst you grab all the goodies (they refresh a few times aswell - so plenty of extra time to be had).

Also some tricks require less spins than others to get to the platinums - so if you are struggling - try a different trick angle.
jay71uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:54 PM   #2
LichPopi4

Evil LichPopi4's Gamercard
Cam somebody post video with instruction?...i do all that you told, but i can complete 2-3 medals instead of 7...
LichPopi4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:17 AM   #3
jay71uk

I've swapped the game with a friend now - so I can't post a video I'm afraid.

Just keep practicing keeping the car as straight as possible - use plenty of boosts, and do a diaganol spin - on the hardest level.

It will click eventually, and all the time playing will help with the play for 10hrs cheev (which seems to take forever to get).

Sorry I can't help more - good luck
Old 02-20-2011, 02:45 PM   #4
LichPopi4

Evil LichPopi4's Gamercard
thank you man, I've tried lots of times....I was lucky, because I've done it with friend and I had bug, because i counted only 6 plat. medals, but I got the achievement... thank you again

Last edited by LichPopi4; 02-20-2011 at 02:48 PM.
LichPopi4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:41 AM   #5
jay71uk

Good stuff.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:30 PM   #6
kyboy

Send a message via Yahoo to kyboy

xZombieROBx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
the most medals i can get is 4... what else can u do to get more? ive tried everything..

Thanks to DethHolly for the "Super" sig!!
kyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 03:24 AM   #7
jay71uk

Try to build up some height first (do three or four "dry runs" where you don't spin at all - just concentrate on getting as many boosts in as possible).

Then when you start your crazy spinning you should be up through the highest glass and you will get loads of time bonuses that really extend your time on the level.

I used to love Stunt mode, as it took a while to get my technique together - but when I did, I was getting some huge scores.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:53 AM   #8
SHiiFT

x GrannyTipper's Gamercard
Thanks For That I Just Normally Start Spinning Stright Away Haha
SHiiFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:54 PM   #9
Robsyuk25

Send a message via MSN to Robsyuk25

Robsyuk25's Gamercard
I will beat this one... spent 3hrs solid and got a total score of 1489500 was so mad as I knew exactly which bell I missed!!!!

I wont give up!
Old 05-01-2011, 06:58 PM   #10
jay71uk

Good Luck