Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Spectral Force 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-05-2009, 09:30 PM   #1
Ellerkerm36
Banned User

OutcastNeedhelp's Gamercard
This game is hard

Any advice for the first monster mission job.
Ellerkerm36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 05:07 PM   #2
araruin

Araruin's Gamercard
There are some hard missions, but the game as a whole isn't that difficult. Like any tactical game, the key is not to overextend yourself. Play defensively at the beginning. Make the enemy come to you, and use line formations to limit their attacking options.

As you progress through the game, choose a few characters you like and stick with them. Spend your time and money getting them equipment and levels. the only exception to this are the characters required for specific missions. Level them for the missions and then forget them.

My primary team is Begina, Diaz, Cassius, Eunice, Culcha, and Shimazwei. I ran a stat comparison, and almost everyone has the same stats with a few exceptions. Orochimaru, Chic, and Sugata have the highest stats in the game, but I prefer my team. I would advise avoiding anyone who has down as a finisher move. This increases the difficulty of finishing off your opponents.

I hope that helps some. Good luck.
araruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 08:57 PM   #3
Ellerkerm36
Banned User

I can't even past the first job mission(monster hunter mission 1)
Old 03-09-2009, 01:51 AM   #4
goopup

goopup's Gamercard
Araruin (2nd poster) gives good advice. Just to add to what he said, use strategy more than anything else. When I started the game I was barely making it through levels, but the game will speed up quickly and you'll be breezing through the later levels once you've recruited a few good mercs.

I'd also start leveling up two more healers in attention to Diaz early in the game. You can continue to use Eunice, but at one point in the game you'll recruit a sorceror or mage who is a much higher level. I'd avoid using anyone other than a magic user as a healer because with a healer you only need to boost their magic stat to increase both comabt and healing ability.

Get acquainted with the friend guage (FG) early. Learn to integrate "Assist" and "Teamwork" into your turns and you'll beat even the hard levels in 7 turns or so.

The last bit of advice is to wait 1 or 2 turns before moving out to attack the enemy. When the enemy is within attach range send everyone and make sure that every player is always within range of a healer.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
goopup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:02 AM   #5
Ellerkerm36
Banned User

Thanks for the advice. Should I start the game over and the game doesn't let me grind levels or train my charcters up?
Old 03-12-2009, 02:39 AM   #6
araruin

Araruin's Gamercard
If you're still at the very beginning, you shouldn't need to start over. It can be a little difficult getting started, but if you play it safe, you should still be able to move forward.

When you start the missions, usually only one group will attack you at a time. As Goopup said, wait a round or two to see which group is moving forward and then focus all of your attacks on them. It's better to focus on killing enemies one at a time so you have fewer attacking you rather than alot of damaged enemies still doing full damage. I don't remember when Diaz picks up HP Geo, but I thought it was pretty early. If you have it, create an HP Geo and put Diaz on it. It should help keep him alive as it will heal him at the beginning of every round. You can also help him by giving him Cure Prayer so he can heal himself.

Remember that only the person making the kill gets the experience, so you'll want to make sure you spread it around to keep everyone leveling. Early on, hitting with anything other than a weak attack is difficult. You can fix this by raising AGI and LUCK when your characters level. If you raise them enough, you can use mostly heavy attacks and deal out massive damage.
araruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:50 AM   #7
Ellerkerm36
Banned User

Maybe I rushed using my healer getting killed first.Any advice for the first monster mission?

There's no guides for this game.

Last edited by Ellerkerm36; 03-12-2009 at 03:53 AM.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:19 AM   #8
goopup

goopup's Gamercard
I would recommend the either one of the GameFAQs documents. They're both pretty good. They deal more with getting through the game than getting Ach's.

Oh, and as for leveling up another healer, let me just clarify a bit. It's not so much as level your healer more than anyone else; rather, you want to designate someone as a healer and bring them on every missions with you so they continually get XP. In the beginning you can only bring Eunice, but later you'll get other magic users. The thing is to pick one and bring them on every mission so they level up accordingly. If you pay real good attention to enemy HP and your FG you can give all the HP to one person using "Assist". For the most part your fighters will get their fair share of XP just through normal combat, so you would probably only do this for healers that do low combat damage but have high magic stats. Remember to increase your healers' INT to make them more effective healers. Araruin already mentioned it, but "Curing Prayer" is your main healing spell. Whoever you choose as a healer should have that equipped. Some magic users come with it by default, but other magic users have only attack spells by default so you'll have to equip "Curing Prayer" yourself. I believe light magic users and mages have healing spells by default and dark magic users and sorcerors have attack spells by default.

You will also get the opportunity to "Add XP" between battles. It's in the "Adjust Stats" menu. I didn't realize that was there until 1/3 of the way through the game.
goopup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:52 AM   #9
Ellerkerm36
Banned User

Yes I'm following the guide.Thanks for the advice.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:42 AM   #10
Ray5555

Ray5555's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
At the beginning just let the enemies come to you, and keep your healer in the back. Later in the game your healer will be able to take a hit.
Fallout: New Vegas = 70,000 Achievement Points
Alan Wake = 60,000 Achievement Points
Magna Carta 2 = 50,000 Achievement Points
Phantasy Star 2 40,000 Achievement points
Fallout 3 = 30,000 Achievement Points
GTA IV = 20,000 Achievement Points
Madden 08 = 10,000 Achievement Points

Achieved 100K GS on lego batman 2's 100% completion achievement
Ray5555 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 06:51 AM   #11
Leopold Kain

Leopold Kain's Gamercard
I am happy this post is onhere. Just gotthe game and looking forward to suing this advise. THX