PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > Banjo Tooie
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-03-2009, 04:50 PM   #1
T0b3

Send a message via ICQ to T0b3 Send a message via AIM to T0b3 Send a message via MSN to T0b3 Send a message via Yahoo to T0b3 Send a message via Skype™ to T0b3

t0b3 zero's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Savegame gone!

So I started Banjo-Tooie a few seconds ago.. and what do I see? SAVEGAME GONE! WTF?

I'm gonna call MS tomorrow to refund my 1200 points.. I won't accept this.. I am currently at 150/200 and now everything is... just gone.. : (((((

100% Retail:
44 | 100% Arcade: 92
trueachievements
99999 GS achieved 09/07/2011
T0b3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:57 PM   #2
JamKaBlam

JamKaBlam's Gamercard
From what i have heard, your savegame deletes itself if you use any of the "illegal" cheats in the game. The cheats i mean are the ones that none of the characters unlock for you (Cheato, Grunty or Heggy). These "illegal" cheats range from unlocking all worlds to unlimited eggs.

RE-GOD DAMN-LOADING!

JamKaBlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:19 PM   #3
T0b3

Send a message via ICQ to T0b3 Send a message via AIM to T0b3 Send a message via MSN to T0b3 Send a message via Yahoo to T0b3 Send a message via Skype™ to T0b3

t0b3 zero's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
This can't be true. I used one of 'em but I quitted right after I recognized that it wouldn't make sense.

Also, I used some in Banjo-Kazooie and still my save didn't disappear.

100% Retail:
trueachievements

Last edited by T0b3; 05-03-2009 at 08:22 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:38 PM   #4
JamKaBlam

JamKaBlam's Gamercard
Apparently you recieve a message after you put the cheat in saying that your save will disable upon activating the cheat. This might only be the N64 original though..

I'm afraid you're screwed it seems. I don't know whether it's a bug in the game or if that's supposed to happen.

RE-GOD DAMN-LOADING!

Old 05-03-2009, 08:40 PM   #5
T0b3

t0b3 zero's Gamercard

Saving will be disabled was shown. Exactly the same message appearing in Banjo-Kazooie. I'm SO gonna call MS. Want my points back. Definite bug.

100% Retail:
trueachievements
Old 05-03-2009, 09:04 PM   #6
x lil psycho x

Send a message via MSN to x lil psycho x

x LiL Psycho x's Gamercard
wht so if u use the cheats like unlimited eggs and unlocking levels (I havent used cheats) your game gets deleted?
Old 05-03-2009, 09:11 PM   #7
JamKaBlam

JamKaBlam's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by x lil psycho x View Post
wht so if u use the cheats like unlimited eggs and unlocking levels (I havent used cheats) your game gets deleted?
Thats the way things are going. People have been reporting this save issue all with the same thing in common, they used a non-legit cheat on their save.

The only safe cheats are the ones given to you in-game from Cheato, Grunty and Heggy.

RE-GOD DAMN-LOADING!

Old 05-03-2009, 09:42 PM   #8
montrossity

Send a message via AIM to montrossity

montrossity's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0b3 View Post
Saving will be disabled was shown. Exactly the same message appearing in Banjo-Kazooie. I'm SO gonna call MS. Want my points back. Definite bug.
i seriously doubt they are going to refund you for cheating.....lol. "Well you see what happened was I typed in a cheat code and my gamesave got deleted."

Ultramarathoner.
Swim, bike, run.
montrossity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:04 PM   #9
LUIGI BROS 13

LUIGI BROS 13's Gamercard
Quote:
if the message was shown and you still did it there is no way microsoft will refund your points cause your retarded
LUIGI BROS 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:09 PM   #10
T0b3

t0b3 zero's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUIGI BROS 13 View Post
if the message was shown and you still did it there is no way microsoft will refund your points cause your retarded
These kind of posts are exactly the reason why people might avoid forums..

Anyway, I'm gonna look what MS tells me tomorrow.. I'm just sad that this game will be at 150/200 forever in my list.. heh. Reminds me of SmashTV..

100% Retail:
trueachievements
Old 05-04-2009, 01:20 AM   #11
mjc0961

mjc0961's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
There's no way MS will refund your points because it clearly says whenever you buy something from the marketplace that "There are no refunds for this item." Microsoft is also not responsible for this bug, so they don't owe you any refund.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentCabaret View Post
This guide continues to warm my heart and piss off my roommates. Thanks so much!
mjc0961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 05:52 AM   #12
Starmud

Send a message via MSN to Starmud

Starmud's Gamercard
Quote:
These kind of posts are exactly the reason why people might avoid forums..

Anyway, I'm gonna look what MS tells me tomorrow.. I'm just sad that this game will be at 150/200 forever in my list.. heh. Reminds me of SmashTV..
It's not like it's hard. I got 200G in under 24 hours. And no, I do not know the game inside out.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:36 AM   #13
TtheHedge

Send a message via AIM to TtheHedge

TtheHedgehog's Gamercard
I'm sort of confused on the OP's problem here. He keeps saying "SAVEGAME GONE!!", or along those lines. What are you saying? The entire save file is not there? Because that would lead to assume that you entered in the "illegal" cheats the first chance you got, which in turn would make sense why your file is gone (or more likely starting at before you entered the cheat). I'm just saying, you keep raving that "my SAVEGAME is GONE!" and "I want MS to give me a refund" but you're initial post and problem is vague.

Sorry...over analysis from lack of sleep...
Old 05-04-2009, 10:40 AM   #14
T0b3

t0b3 zero's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starmud View Post
It's not like it's hard. I got 200G in under 24 hours. And no, I do not know the game inside out.
I know it's not a hard game.. but it's SO annoying.. hm. Since I assume that this is the only way, I'm gonna play through the whole thing again.. hopefully without the game deleting my savegame. Gonna make a backup on a memory unit everytime I play..

But I won't start to play within the next 3 months or so.. : /

100% Retail:
trueachievements
Old 05-05-2009, 09:41 PM   #15
redjarman

redjarman's Gamercard
I guarantee that MS won't refund your MSPoints, but you could still call and let them know about it. Maybe they'll come up with a patch someday

10000 GS achieved on 5/25/09 (my birthday!)
100% completed
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Really freakin close:
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
redjarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:06 AM   #16
tross

Send a message via AIM to tross

A 2rue Tross's Gamercard
that stinks man, but you shouldnt have cheated
tross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 06:18 AM   #17
Dark Sanji

Dark Sanji's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
But the game message was that saving would be disabled, right?
That has nothing to do with ereasing your savegame.

There is no way that microsoft is going to give you a refund, but I don't find normal that your savegame has gone only because of that.

Dark Sanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:57 PM   #18
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Why would you think they would refund you? If it's a glitch in the game, take it up with Rare. It's only a problem if the whole game itself got deleted (in which case, why not just redownload it) then it's an issue. You wouldn't happen to have a sibling or idiot friend that would delete your saves, would you?
dakisbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:45 PM   #19
JamKaBlam

JamKaBlam's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xodakok View Post
Why would you think they would refund you? If it's a glitch in the game, take it up with Rare.
It's not Rare's problem either. They didn't handle the XBLA port. If it's anyones fault i guess it would be 4J Studios as they dealt with the port.

RE-GOD DAMN-LOADING!

Old 10-28-2009, 11:49 PM   #20
Lord of the Dead

Exclamation

I have a two of things to say about your issue...First: YES you got your Save game deleted and yes it is sad and life sucks for you, BUT...why do you think the did that? Because YOU WHERE CHEATING! And what other game on Xbox 360 can you cheat on? huh? huh? NONE! That is why you are in the situation you are in. Cheating is a VERY bad thing. Would you cheat on you Girl friend (or wife) and get another chance by restarting...NO! Once you make a decision (good or bad) it will effect you for the rest of your life. For example Cheating, you get consequenced for cheating (like you would in every other situation). Now onto issue number 2: This is one of the most misunderstood issues (or features). When you cheat on Banjo Tooie (with cheats that weren't meant to be used in the game) you do get you Save data erased. Because when you cheat...they erase it so that there is no evidence that you cheated in the first place. They do this because people that are hack can retrace and reuse the Save file like they never used a cheat in the first place. and NO it is not a "Glitch" or "Bug" in the game...it was meant to be there. THAT is why your save file was erased and THAT is why you DON'T CHEAT! Sorry but that the truth...and sometimes the truth sucks, but it was you fault in the first place for cheating.
Lord of the Dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:52 PM   #21
Walecs360

walecs360's Gamercard
I remember once I played on the story, than I went playing in multiplayer with a friend. Later we played Nuts & Bolts, than we played again Banjo-Tooie and the savegame disapperead. Grunty defeated and 73 Jiggies lost. I actually have all Jiggies.
Walecs360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:08 PM   #22
feared american

feared american's Gamercard
I see this is a 2 year old thread but I had this happen to me today and I have not used a single cheat.

I am using a 120 GB hard drive that is at about 99% capacity and downloaded the trial version a while ago before purchasing when it was on sale a while back.

Upon choosing Play game, my save was gone. I quit to the dashboard and restarted banjo-tooie. After sitting at the main menu for a minute or two, my save became available under Play game once again. So, if you have this issue occur, try quitting to the dashboard and waiting a bit before loading your game. Without looking at the menu logic, I can only guess as to what's happening.. It seems the game traverses the entire hard drive each time you try to Play Game and if you choose Play Game too soon after the game starts up, it might miss your save for some reason.

feared american is offline   Reply With Quote