PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-11-2011, 11:00 AM   #61
BullZeye

AR BullZeye's Gamercard
I gotta say I'm suprised you can get Best Pirate in freeplay cause the achievement description specifically says Story mode.I'll add it to the guide but it doesn't really make much of difference.

About the characters I'm not really sure, technically Barbossa, Pintel and Ragetti belong to the crew of the black pearl, but there's no cursed version of them and the achievement says cursed black cearl characters.I'll have to go back and check.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:04 AM   #62
Ria hawk

ChanceRiddle's Gamercard
Both Best Pirate and Worst Pirate can be unlocked in Free Play with no cheats. For Best Pirate, you just have to be careful. Additionally, it's impossible to get both achievements in the same run through. Either could be done on story, but they are mutually exclusive since when you start the level, you land on a couple of studs. So you'll have to play the level twice to get both.

They both say in Story, but I suppose that's just a mistake.

Last edited by Ria hawk; 05-11-2011 at 11:07 AM.
Ria hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:39 AM   #63
LDHughes

UnworthyPower's Gamercard
For: "The best pirate I've ever seen"
It can be done in co-op with the 2nd controller able to die as often as they want, only the player 1 needs to not die.

Also for: "The worst pirate I've ever seen"
Can also be done in co-op with 2nd controller able to collect whatever they want, again only player 1 needs to have 0 studs.

GT: Unworthy Power
LDHughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 05:30 PM   #64
MarleyMon81

MarleyMon81's Gamercard
For the "Wind in your sails" achievement, what story is that located in? I just went through Tortuga and didn't know if I had missed Smuggler's Den.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:00 PM   #65
Ratdart

Ratdart's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarleyMon81 View Post
For the "Wind in your sails" achievement, what story is that located in? I just went through Tortuga and didn't know if I had missed Smuggler's Den.
Smugglers den is the 4th level in film 1. Tortuga is before this one
Ratdart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 07:03 PM   #66
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullZeye View Post
The Green Flash 15
Watch a sunset.

*Unlocked through Story progression, Unmissable*
Awarded during Smuggler's Den : film 1, chapter 4.

A weather eye on the horizon 15
Use a spyglass.

*Unlocked through Story progression, Unmissable*
Awarded during Smuggler's Den : film 1, chapter 4.
Are both of these achievements unlocked during the same film/chapter? I only ask because in the movies, the Green Flash coincided with the appearance/disappearance of The Flying Dutchman, and that wasn't in the first film.
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 07:12 PM   #67
RadiantViper

radiantviper's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bLaKgRaVy View Post
Are both of these achievements unlocked during the same film/chapter? I only ask because in the movies, the Green Flash coincided with the appearance/disappearance of The Flying Dutchman, and that wasn't in the first film.
They show the green flash during the later films (you can even trigger one in the hub world), but the guide is correct - it happens in 1-4 and that's when you'll get the achievement if you follow through the films in natural order.
RadiantViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:55 PM   #68
tru89x

tru89x's Gamercard
does anyone know who the very last character is at the very far right past the custom characters it just says locked on it and i have all the achievements and completed the bonus stage as well.
tru89x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:57 PM   #69
flyghboy

SOG Flyghboy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by neocasanova View Post
The best Pirate I've ever seen can be obtained in Free-Mode with enabled Cheats

EDIT Just got
What do you want most? Got it in the First Level (port Royal) after collecting the items on the Compas in order first the plank then the pole then the red sausage and so on after i collecting the clam-head-thing tht achievement popped up
Got What do you want most? in Smuggler's Den and I have yet to actually progress past that level. Pretty easy as you need almost all of those items to finish the level anyway. Haven't seen the sea turtle, though.
flyghboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:51 PM   #70
RadiantViper

radiantviper's Gamercard

Just FYI, most of your lists for 'Character group X' achievements are missing some. I just did "Gents, take a walk", and this is the full list of characters that walk along the ocean floor.

- Bootstrap Bill Turner
- Syrena
- Koehler
- Twigg
- Mallot
- Scratch
- Bo'sun
- Clubba
- Grapple
- Jacoby
- Jack Sparrow (Cursed)
- Maccus
- Clanker
- Jimmy Legs
- Koleniko
- Wyvern
- Angler
- Hadras
- Crash
- Penrod
- Davy Jones
- Quartermaster
- Gunner
Old 05-12-2011, 12:07 AM   #71
tru89x

tru89x's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyghboy View Post
Got What do you want most? in Smuggler's Den and I have yet to actually progress past that level. Pretty easy as you need almost all of those items to finish the level anyway. Haven't seen the sea turtle, though.
for the sea turtles you actually have to be in free play to get to them, where you pick up the last bundle of wood for the fire there are silver rocks along the back wall that you will need to blow up and that takes you to a new location where you will need one of the singing characters to break the ice they are in.
tru89x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:24 AM   #72
peterk

ApesAteMyFlesh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRattleHead View Post
yeah - that's what I was thinking too... maybe barbosa cuz I didn't see him on the list and haven't unlocked him yet - but maybe he is one of the pirate lords? Don't know... hopefully it will unlock eventually.
Confirmation! Got the "Believing In Ghost Stories" achievement the second I unlocked Barbossa in Level 3:1.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:54 AM   #73
Shockwave

Shockwave22's Gamercard
how to you apply the multipliers?

Shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:57 AM   #74
Ratdart

Ratdart's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave View Post
how to you apply the multipliers?
After you buy them in various red hat locations you equip them in the start menu under "extras"
Ratdart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:45 PM   #75
D347H0FL0V3

Death 0f Love's Gamercard
Thanks to help from this guide for a few achievements, I got all 1000g on this game in less than 2 days.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:00 PM   #76
BullZeye

AR BullZeye's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterk View Post
Confirmation! Got the "Believing In Ghost Stories" achievement the second I unlocked Barbossa in Level 3:1.
Barbossa?Alright, so 9 characters are required for that achievement?I didn't have the time to check it myself.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:45 PM   #77
Tridenter

Tridenter's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantViper View Post
Just FYI, most of your lists for 'Character group X' achievements are missing some. I just did "Gents, take a walk", and this is the full list of characters that walk along the ocean floor.

- Bootstrap Bill Turner
- Syrena
- Koehler
- Twigg
- Mallot
- Scratch
- Bo'sun
- Clubba
- Grapple
- Jacoby
- Jack Sparrow (Cursed)
- Maccus
- Clanker
- Jimmy Legs
- Koleniko
- Wyvern
- Angler
- Hadras
- Crash
- Penrod
- Davy Jones
- Quartermaster
- Gunner
Confirming this list: You need Quartermaster, Gunner and Syrena. Also note, not sure if it was mentioned, but it needs to be done in one go. I tried just doing the three I missed after I had shut off the game but didn't work. Needs to be all at once.
Tridenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 06:00 PM   #78
BullZeye

AR BullZeye's Gamercard
Don't gunner and quartermaster belong to the black pearl crew?Those are included in the achievement description( though I have to admit I still have to add those)?And as I remember it Syrena only swims underwater, but doesn't walk.Or does that still count for this?
I'll definetely add that you have to do it in one go, I didn't know that, I went for it after unlocking all characters.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:03 PM   #79
Tridenter

Tridenter's Gamercard
Quote:
Don't gunner and quartermaster belong to the black pearl crew?Those are included in the achievement description( though I have to admit I still have to add those)?And as I remember it Syrena only swims underwater, but doesn't walk.Or does that still count for this?
I'll definetely add that you have to do it in one go, I didn't know that, I went for it after unlocking all characters.
Gunner and Quartermaster are part of the Queen Anne's Revenge crew (Blackbeard's ship). Syrena swims underwater but if hold B to do her singing, she walks. Admittedly not sure if she's needed - I did the Black Pearl and Flying Dutchman (and Cursed Jack) crew first and when it didn't work, I went through Syrena, Gunner, and Quartermaster (in that order) and it popped. So it could just be Gunner and Quartermaster.

Last edited by Tridenter; 05-12-2011 at 06:06 PM.
Tridenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 06:53 PM   #80
BullZeye

AR BullZeye's Gamercard
yeah I got something wrong there, it's now in the guide that way(Syrena, Gunner and Quartermaster for Gents, take a walk! and Gunner and Quartermaster added to the Queen Anne's Revenge Crew)
Old 05-12-2011, 09:08 PM   #81
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
yeah I got something wrong there, it's now in the guide that way (Syrena, Gunner and Quartermaster for "Gents, take a walk!" and Gunner and Quartermaster added to the Queen Anne's Revenge Crew)
So, pretty much the entire crews of the cursed Black Pearl and the Flying Dutchman, along with Jack Sparrow (Cursed), Syrena and two members of the Queen Anne are needed for this achievement. What about Barbosa? Is he needed? He's the only character that's listed for the Black Pearl achievement that's not listed as required for this achievement, according to RadiantViper.

Is Penrod still needed as RadiantViper said?

According to the Pirates wiki, he's a member of the Flying Dutchman, but he's not listed as needed in the achievement "Do You Fear Death?". Also, Wyvern and Angler are two separate characters, but the achievement guide would make it appear that it is one character.

http://pirates.wikia.com/wiki/Penrod
http://pirates.wikia.com/wiki/Wyvern
http://pirates.wikia.com/wiki/Angler

Last edited by bLaKgRaVy; 05-12-2011 at 09:18 PM.
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:27 PM   #82
RadiantViper

radiantviper's Gamercard

Quote:
I am 100% positive that Syrena counts, because luckily enough I actually got the achievement after selecting her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bLaKgRaVy View Post
So, pretty much the entire crews of the cursed Black Pearl and the Flying Dutchman, along with Jack Sparrow (Cursed), Syrena and two members of the Queen Anne are needed for this achievement. What about Barbosa? Is he needed? He's the only character that's listed for the Black Pearl achievement that's not listed as required for this achievement, according to RadiantViper.

Is Penrod still needed as RadiantViper said?

According to the Pirates wiki, he's a member of the Flying Dutchman, but he's not listed as needed in the achievement "Do You Fear Death?". Also, Wyvern and Angler are two separate characters, but the achievement guide would make it appear that it is one character.

http://pirates.wikia.com/wiki/Penrod
http://pirates.wikia.com/wiki/Wyvern
http://pirates.wikia.com/wiki/Angler
I'm pretty sure Barbossa just swims normally, no?

I guess it's unclear if Penrod is needed, but he does walk under water, so that's why I included him on my list.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:22 PM   #83
BullZeye

AR BullZeye's Gamercard
Right, with Barbossa(the fact that there's no cursed version of him makes it all the more confusing) now on the list for the Black Pearl I think it's better if I put all under-water walking characters under that achievement.
The name Penrod doesn't mean anything to me at the moment but if he's one of the Davy Jones' fish-men then he does of course belong to the flying dutchman's crew and is needed for the walk underwater achievement.
The problem with the specific character achievements is that I just went and unlocked them at once after completing the story and didn't pay attention to each individual achievement.
And in the end you'll have to unlock them all anyway but nevertheles I'll make sure it's all correct.
There was also the slight mistake that I didn't hit enter in between placing Angler and Wyvern, it's all fixed now.

Last edited by BullZeye; 05-12-2011 at 10:30 PM.
BullZeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:23 AM   #84
batgirl87

batgirl87's Gamercard
I would actually suggest playing in co-op for "Aye-aye, captain!". Let the other player go first and collect all studs. This will enable you to get two achievements at once: "Aye-aye, captain!" and "The worst pirate I've ever seen"
batgirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 05:13 PM   #85
MarleyMon81

MarleyMon81's Gamercard
I am trying to ride the crab in the port area as part of this achievement, but the prompt to ride him doesn't come up. Do I need to be a specific character?
Old 05-13-2011, 05:42 PM   #86
coldandtired

The crab at the bottom of the first level's second beach is easier (I think). I used cursed Jack, just break the cage and ride him straight away.
coldandtired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:17 PM   #87
BullZeye

AR BullZeye's Gamercard
the crab in Port Royal is easier but to ride the one in the hub(which is also required to get one of the red hats) you have to chase it until it gets tired.then you can hop on.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:40 PM   #88
MarleyMon81

MarleyMon81's Gamercard
Quote:
the crab in Port Royal is easier but to ride the one in the hub(which is also required to get one of the red hats) you have to chase it until it gets tired.then you can hop on.
Do you recall which hat you need that crab for?
Old 05-13-2011, 09:10 PM   #89
osakamitsu

osakamitsu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thank you so much for a great guide! It helped me finish up my 1000GS.
osakamitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:33 PM   #90
coldandtired

Quote:
Did everybody see that? 20
High dive into the Maelstrom.

Can be done in either Story mode or Freeplay during the boss battle with Davy Jones at the end of film 3, chapter 5.Once Jones is down to his last heart you can climb to the highest point of the ship and before finishing him off walk away from the screen(there's a purple stud there) and jump off into the maelstrom.Be sure to have safe fall turned off.
I just got this achievement with Fall Rescue on, so it doesn't matter.
coldandtired is offline   Reply With Quote