PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > Brunswick Pro Bowling
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2011, 03:24 PM   #1
Mobile Ranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8

Mobile Ranger's Gamercard
Game Review

I picked this game up yesterday it is by far the best bowling game out right now. I was disapointed that you can play as your avator, but that is minor. The strategy is pretty sound and the gameplay is really fun. Had a blast playing yesterday, and look forward to good game with lots of replayability.
Mobile Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:47 PM   #2
CosmoKramer422
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 11

CosmoKramer422's Gamercard
I can't find any info on this game anywhere. No reviews, no videos, no nothing, even the gamestop description isn't correct and displays the Sony Move's info. So would it be possible to answer a few questions about the game?

The bowling in Kinect Sports was horrible, is Brunswick Pro any better? How do you throw a hook? Are the controls 1:1 or do you swing your arm, and then your guys moves (like the wii version?). Can you play on live versus a friend? Out of 10, what would you rate the game? Thanks alot
CosmoKramer422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:50 PM   #3
Mobile Ranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8

Mobile Ranger's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoKramer422 View Post
I can't find any info on this game anywhere. No reviews, no videos, no nothing, even the gamestop description isn't correct and displays the Sony Move's info. So would it be possible to answer a few questions about the game?

The bowling in Kinect Sports was horrible, is Brunswick Pro any better? How do you throw a hook? Are the controls 1:1 or do you swing your arm, and then your guys moves (like the wii version?). Can you play on live versus a friend? Out of 10, what would you rate the game? Thanks alot
Yes you can hook. I am a pretty proficiant bowler and bowl with a hook in real life. I have actually been able to replicate the exact hook I bowl with in this game, however you have to do it different than you would in real life. You hook the ball by bringing your arm across your body. The slower you roll the ball the more hook, and the faster the less it hooks. Just like it would in a real alley. The stragey is just like real life. Once you learn how to aim, hook, and control the spead this game is about as real as it gets. I love it.
Mobile Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 05:27 PM   #4
CosmoKramer422
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 11

CosmoKramer422's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobile Ranger View Post
Yes you can hook. I am a pretty proficiant bowler and bowl with a hook in real life. I have actually been able to replicate the exact hook I bowl with in this game, however you have to do it different than you would in real life. You hook the ball by bringing your arm across your body. The slower you roll the ball the more hook, and the faster the less it hooks. Just like it would in a real alley. The stragey is just like real life. Once you learn how to aim, hook, and control the spead this game is about as real as it gets. I love it.
Awesome, thanks for answering. Throwing your arm across your body to throw a hook was one of the things that kind of made Kinect Sports bowling lame to play. For me atleast. It's just so unnatural that you have to do that to throw a hook. I hope the execution is slightly better than in Kinect Sports. I'm lefty and couldn't for the life of me throw the same hook twice in a row, but weirdly enough i could with my never used right hand lol.

Are the controls 1:1 tho? Does the guy on screen match what your are doing? Or is there a delay after you swing your arm, and then the guy on screen throws? It was like than when i had this game for the Wii a while back. One last thing, can you play online with a friend and is there online bowling leagues? Thanks again man.
CosmoKramer422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 05:49 PM   #5
Mobile Ranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8

Mobile Ranger's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoKramer422 View Post
Awesome, thanks for answering. Throwing your arm across your body to throw a hook was one of the things that kind of made Kinect Sports bowling lame to play. For me atleast. It's just so unnatural that you have to do that to throw a hook. I hope the execution is slightly better than in Kinect Sports. I'm lefty and couldn't for the life of me throw the same hook twice in a row, but weirdly enough i could with my never used right hand lol.

Are the controls 1:1 tho? Does the guy on screen match what your are doing? Or is there a delay after you swing your arm, and then the guy on screen throws? It was like than when i had this game for the Wii a while back. One last thing, can you play online with a friend and is there online bowling leagues? Thanks again man.
I hear ya about the hook. In real life I keep my wrist striaght and let the ball litterally fall off my fingers to bowl with a hook. In this game to make it hook I have to come across my body. If you did that in real life you would throw a gutter ball everytime. The guys does everything I do, and is pretty close to 1:1 movement. You can tell this game is ported from the playstation move and not designed for the kinet from the ground up. I bowled a 199 the other night and had a couple of turkeys, so i was able to replicate my stroke and hook on a somewhat consistant basis. You can playone verus a friend. One of the achievements is to acctually win an x-box live match. I haven't tried this out yet, but plan on it this weekend. The game is not perfect by any means, but I am having fun with it.
Mobile Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:59 PM   #6
RichXbox360
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sheffield, England, UK
Posts: 689

RICHYALLEN's Gamercard
Does the game have replay value once you've done all the achievements? Or is it just one of those games where you buy it, get all the achievements on it and then either trade it away or sell it on eBay?
RichXbox360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:34 PM   #7
Mobile Ranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8

Mobile Ranger's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichXbox360 View Post
Does the game have replay value once you've done all the achievements? Or is it just one of those games where you buy it, get all the achievements on it and then either trade it away or sell it on eBay?
If you remember this is not a bowling simulator, but a bowling game it does. I had a bunch of fiends over and had a blast with it. I personally will be keeping this game for a long time.
Mobile Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:23 PM   #8
pmpn420
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 12
Send a message via AIM to pmpn420

pmpn420's Gamercard
i have people over constantly playing kinect sports bowling. i like bowling with people online, could you let me know how many people can play online. i mean 1v1 like kinect sports or can you actually do something more realistic like 4 player online? this is a deal-breaker for me.
pmpn420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:46 PM   #9
Mobile Ranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8

Mobile Ranger's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmpn420 View Post
i have people over constantly playing kinect sports bowling. i like bowling with people online, could you let me know how many people can play online. i mean 1v1 like kinect sports or can you actually do something more realistic like 4 player online? this is a deal-breaker for me.
I'll try it out when I get home tonight.
Mobile Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:28 PM   #10
CosmoKramer422
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 11

CosmoKramer422's Gamercard
Just the got game last night. i gotta say, it is definitely better than Kinect Sports bowling. I only played a few quick play rounds and a few online, but so far, so good. You can play with up to 4 people online, but the only thing that stinks is that you don't get to see the other players bowl. You just bowl all your frames one after the other, and in the corner you can see the frames of the other players and what they bowled. If you finish your 10 frames early, you have to wait while the other players finish. I also am having a hard time finding a game online. Last night i didn't find any at all, but today i got lucky and found one person and played a game, and after it finished i searched for another game and found the same exact person lol. They could have put more thought into the achievements as there are only 12. There's a "Spare" mode where you have to pick up the spares, but there is no achievement for beating it. Overall it's a pretty decent bowling game. I give it a 6.5 out of 10.
CosmoKramer422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:08 AM   #11
pmpn420
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 12
Send a message via AIM to pmpn420

pmpn420's Gamercard
thanks for the info. sucks you don't get to watch opponents bowl online, but at least its 4 player. have been told this game had no multiplayer by a gamestop employee a few days ago so again thanks a bunch. now to go to the store and choke someone.
pmpn420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 07:09 AM   #12
TOBI the GEEK78
 
TOBI the GEEK78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Berlin
Posts: 4

TOBI the GEEK78's Gamercard
I had fun with the game.

Now i have my 1K and will get the ntsc version too
TOBI the GEEK78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:40 PM   #13
Bonkekook
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Upper Michigan
Posts: 113

Bonkekook's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
This game is retardedly inconsistent. I just came across to put hook on it to cover a 4-7 and it somehow decided I wanted to put lefty hook on it.....bowling as a right hander. This game would've been a lot more fun for individuals had they just ignored the Kinect gimmick and used a controller. I can see how this may be fun for parties, but for me, personally, the PSP version is still better.

EDIT: After getting 450 GS in this, it suddenly decided not to register me moving my arm back and forth so I could release the ball.
__________________

Last edited by Bonkekook; 05-15-2011 at 02:01 AM. Reason: Too much use of the word "fun" in one paragraph.
Bonkekook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:03 PM   #14
N00delsuppe
 
N00delsuppe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Leipzig, Germany
Posts: 109

Antr0p0phagus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
This game is fun, especially if you play it with a few friends over and drinking a few beers.
There are some problems with it, though. For example, from time to time, the guy on the screen doesn't copy your moves, but instead twists his arms in a very unhealty looking way, not releasing the ball. Even though this looks quite amusing, it get's annoying after a while, mostly if you play the single player career, or there's not enough beer, to not care.
And if you are going after the achievements, in my opinion those 1000's are hard to earn. I quit trying to get the game completed, after only 500/1000's. It just sucks, if you have to average a score, way over 200 to proceed. As you'd expect, it also get's really repetetive, making it even harder to try and get the full Gamerscore.
A 5,5/10, I'd say
N00delsuppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:55 AM.