PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > L.A. Noire
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2011, 03:04 AM   #31
Zombiehugger
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 48

Zombiehugger's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho4201 View Post
hi what am i missing i have the strategy guide and i still am missing 1 clue out of 14 when i finish the mission.
drivers seat mission.
This case is glitched, you have to get Frank to give up Adrian and then have your partner drive you to the only other location available other than his apartment. It will pop then.
Zombiehugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:33 AM   #32
EliteShadowMan
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,255

EliteShadowMan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoborg View Post
The action sequences are so insanely hard. Too much trial and error, it's insulting.
trial and error? lmao are you really that bad at this game? theres some trial and error in the tailing sections of the game, but you shouldn't really be having a hard time at gunplay unless if you run at the enemies without cover!
__________________
EliteShadowMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:01 AM   #33
nighttrainrb32
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 10

NiGHTTRAiNRB32's Gamercard
There is no gosh darn save feature, just auto ave. I hate auto save in games like that are non linear. Its either start at the last save or continue with mistakes. They should have just have the standard save slots.

Other than that stuff, besides the clunky controls, the game is pretty good.
nighttrainrb32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:04 AM   #34
ClockWorkPhantom
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 5

clwkphantom's Gamercard
Boo rockstar pass single player games don't a damn online pass god why did ea start all this trouble and the screwed up thing is u buy it new and no pass the only motivation towards buying a game new what the hell seriously come on now really and it's not even up yet even though it's on the list of stuff to come out this week.
ClockWorkPhantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:12 PM   #35
JKSullivan
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 291

JKSullivan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockWorkPhantom View Post
Boo rockstar pass single player games don't a damn online pass god why did ea start all this trouble and the screwed up thing is u buy it new and no pass the only motivation towards buying a game new what the hell seriously come on now really and it's not even up yet even though it's on the list of stuff to come out this week.
OK, first - USE PUNCTUATION, DAMMIT.

Second, you in no way need a pass code to play the game, if that's in fact what you're bitching about.
JKSullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:04 PM   #36
Davezer
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: 203
Posts: 6

twoohtreez's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockWorkPhantom View Post
Boo rockstar pass single player games don't a damn online pass god why did ea start all this trouble and the screwed up thing is u buy it new and no pass the only motivation towards buying a game new what the hell seriously come on now really and it's not even up yet even though it's on the list of stuff to come out this week.
uhhh what?

And, my only problem with this game is once and a while the audio cuts out for 10-15 seconds. It always seems to be during cut scenes where I actually would like to hear what is being said.
Davezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:24 PM   #37
Danny_gall
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 73

dannyboy276's Gamercard
Not a bitch about La Noire but Tesco, someone should fucking tell them that this game should be out already, just got there for midnight and they aren't putting it out until midnight tommorow.
Danny_gall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 01:03 AM   #38
IIISETIII
 
IIISETIII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 128

xFrankWhite's Gamercard
I don't like how the game looks and feels like Mafia II since I kind of hated that game. I really hope this doesn't start a trend for future Rockstar games. I would hate to see the next GTA play like this. Also not being able to set waypoints sucks a whole bunch.

Last edited by IIISETIII; 05-20-2011 at 10:13 AM.
IIISETIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 02:05 AM   #39
AK46 Guerriero
 
AK46 Guerriero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 308
Send a message via MSN to AK46 Guerriero

AK46 Guerriero's Gamercard
Telephones. Why can't I skip them. That is all.
__________________
AK46 Guerriero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:06 PM   #40
thebarkingdog
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 58

the barking dog's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIISETIII View Post
Also not being able to set waypoints sucks a whole bunch.
You can set waypoints - go to the map (start button) and press A. Your partner will give you directions to them and everything.
thebarkingdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:23 PM   #41
JuSt BLaZe
 
JuSt BLaZe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mystic Falls, Germany
Posts: 6,803

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarkingdog View Post
You can set waypoints - go to the map (start button) and press A. Your partner will give you directions to them and everything.
Yeah I think he meant the colored LINE on the map as in GTA IV or RDR. It's kind of annoying to press all the time and when both into a lil chit-chat he gives you nothing, he just keeps on talking (Stefan Bekowsky).

Oh and here is mine:

"YOU CAN'T TURN OFF THE DAMN RADIO!"
__________________

Last edited by JuSt BLaZe; 05-20-2011 at 12:26 PM.
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:45 PM   #42
SpinelesS
 
SpinelesS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Surfers Paradise, Australia
Posts: 2,985

Mr SpinelesS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
Yeah I think he meant the colored LINE on the map as in GTA IV or RDR. It's kind of annoying to press all the time and when both into a lil chit-chat he gives you nothing, he just keeps on talking (Stefan Bekowsky).

Oh and here is mine:

"YOU CAN'T TURN OFF THE DAMN RADIO!"

I got sick of using X, Now I just go to the map, and find the simplest path. If there is a long straight with a lot of side roads, I use the custom location marker to mark when I should turn. Radio hasn't bugged me at all.

Here is mine

Cole is a douche bag, and playing a douche bag lowers my enjoyment level. If the story keeps going the way it looks to be going, he may even be a cheating douche bag (he did say he had a wife and kids at one point).
__________________
[spoiler=uniquecode]This is how you use spoilers![/spoiler]
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

SpinelesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 02:23 PM   #43
DarthSoth
 
DarthSoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,290

I DarthSoth I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
My gripe with this game is pretty much the smae thing that annoys me about all of rockstar's games.

Crappy character control
Crappy vehicle control

Why is it that all of rockstar's games has to have the most brutal control out there? The character control is so unresponsive and inaccurate. It is such a chore to move your character around. Then the Driving control is so damn touchy that you are constantly overcorrecting as you drive. Chases through allyways are a bloody nightmare. You do eventually ger used to the control but as with all R* games it takes HOURS to grow accustomed to the brutal control of the games. Fuck sakes here. R* is a big time company. surely they can hire someone to work on the control so that it isn't a detriment to every one of their games. Maybe even just go out and buy a working control sceme from another company. Drives me crazy.
__________________



Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
DarthSoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:30 PM   #44
cHRiSCOe
 
cHRiSCOe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 859

Chriscoe's Gamercard
My disks are fine, I also love this game. I just wish I could "go have a drink" while I was on the job! Haha
cHRiSCOe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:00 PM   #45
JuSt BLaZe
 
JuSt BLaZe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mystic Falls, Germany
Posts: 6,803

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSoth View Post
My gripe with this game is pretty much the smae thing that annoys me about all of rockstar's games.

Crappy character control
Crappy vehicle control
IMO they've really improved. You don't have to press or 1.000 times to run or climb a ladder. In this game you simply run towards an object/obstacle. Also holding for running is easier than keep button-smashing as in the other R* games.
Same goes for the cars. Better than the drunk-fish-driving-simulations in GTA IV. In the end it's just "question of taste".

Edit: Yay I found a way to turn OFF the DAMN RADIO!!!
__________________

Last edited by JuSt BLaZe; 05-20-2011 at 05:04 PM.
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:46 PM   #46
DarthSoth
 
DarthSoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,290

I DarthSoth I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
IMO they've really improved. You don't have to press or 1.000 times to run or climb a ladder. In this game you simply run towards an object/obstacle. Also holding for running is easier than keep button-smashing as in the other R* games.
Same goes for the cars. Better than the drunk-fish-driving-simulations in GTA IV. In the end it's just "question of taste".

Edit: Yay I found a way to turn OFF the DAMN RADIO!!!

In comparison to Sabatour, Saints Row series, Crackdown series, Just Cause series, Dead Rising series, R*'s games are by far the worst control of the bunch. And yet they are the highest acclaimed of them and the games that the others are compared to. So far Noire seems to be a step back in character control from RDR which was the best to date. Actually Bully might hold that honor now that I think about it. Been a while since I played that one though, but I don't remember having as much of a control gripe with that game.


Also, how do you shut the radio off? Since this was a gripe from a few peopel it would be nice if you'd share how to shut it off.
__________________



Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
DarthSoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:52 PM   #47
JuSt BLaZe
 
JuSt BLaZe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mystic Falls, Germany
Posts: 6,803

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSoth View Post
Also, how do you shut the radio off? Since this was a gripe from a few peopel it would be nice if you'd share how to shut it off.
As I mentioned before just a "question of taste". I can't complain about the controls.

Haha now here comes the funny one, there is NO ACTUAL OPTION TO TURN THE DAMN RADIO OFF. I simply go to OPTION, then SOUND and then to MUSIC and turn it off there, haha.
Sadly they didn't put in the option. Whatever, it works just fine. You still hear the clue-sound etc.
__________________
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 06:55 PM   #48
LBxRAIDER
 
LBxRAIDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 89

LBxRAIDER's Gamercard
Wish you could roam around the city when NOT on a case. Buy a suit maybe. get a drink
__________________


Completed Games (10)
Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Skyrim, L.A. Noire, Red Dead Redemption, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Madden 11, Madden 09, Madden 08, Fight Night Round 3
LBxRAIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:07 PM   #49
DarthSoth
 
DarthSoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,290

I DarthSoth I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
As I mentioned before just a "question of taste". I can't complain about the controls.

Haha now here comes the funny one, there is NO ACTUAL OPTION TO TURN THE DAMN RADIO OFF. I simply go to OPTION, then SOUND and then to MUSIC and turn it off there, haha.
Sadly they didn't put in the option. Whatever, it works just fine. You still hear the clue-sound etc.

Doesn't that also shut off crime scene music that plays until you find all the evidence too?


To add to my previous bitch about the game. Not being able to skip cutscenes or FFWD dialogue on case re-plays is annoying.
__________________



Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Last edited by DarthSoth; 05-20-2011 at 09:09 PM.
DarthSoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:17 PM   #50
Barad
High on Life!
 
Barad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Student
Posts: 21,751
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
These interviews are weak, I can't tell truth to lie!!
__________________
Massive Thanks to Rajeanero for the Shelby's!



Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:38 PM   #51
JuSt BLaZe
 
JuSt BLaZe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mystic Falls, Germany
Posts: 6,803

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSoth View Post
Doesn't that also shut off crime scene music that plays until you find all the evidence too?
Yeah it does...unfortunately. So it's a "back and forth", aaaarg definitely needs a radio-switch.
__________________
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:59 PM   #52
rvlution
 
rvlution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,330

H0B0 Santiago's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by himalaybarad View Post
These interviews are weak, I can't tell truth to lie!!
Yeah, a lot of the interviews are plain dumb luck. Why would I believe someone nervously looking around the room?

Are people seriously griping about cutscenes? If you had read anything about the game beforehand you would have known it's not very action oriented.

The character controls are good sometimes but I've had my fair share of problems. The driving, however, is great imo. SO much better than GTA.
rvlution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 12:47 AM   #53
IIISETIII
 
IIISETIII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 128

xFrankWhite's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBxRAIDER View Post
Wish you could roam around the city when NOT on a case. Buy a suit maybe. get a drink

You can't do this? How is it an "open world" game then? I haven't played it much yet, but from what I'm hearing I think this will be my least favorite Rockstar game. I will probably have to wait for reviews on future releases now, which is something I never thought I would say.
IIISETIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 01:03 AM   #54
Vault Lad
 
Vault Lad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Vault 13
Posts: 226

vault lad's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvlution View Post
Yeah, a lot of the interviews are plain dumb luck. Why would I believe someone nervously looking around the room?

Are people seriously griping about cutscenes? If you had read anything about the game beforehand you would have known it's not very action oriented.

The character controls are good sometimes but I've had my fair share of problems. The driving, however, is great imo. SO much better than GTA.
A million times this. There is almost no rationale behind the supposed "correct" decisions you have to make. And even when I'm confident I'm on top of the interview there's no predicting what the hell Cole will say.

Using doubt at the wrong time, and the moron accuses the someone (who isn't even the prime suspect) of the whole god damn murder! The feeling of getting something wrong, which you believe to be right, is downright crippling to the games' momentum.

The amount of times I've felt like restarting the whole case out pure frustration is innumerable. I think about the evidence, potential motives, where people fit into overall case, and my reward? Getting slapped on the wrist for not staying within some arbitrary guidelines the game has set up.
Every time I warm to the games jaw-dropping tech and atmosphere it just pulls out the rulebook.
__________________
"God, Ted. D'you remember that fella who was so good at fashion they had to shoot him?"

Last edited by Vault Lad; 05-21-2011 at 01:38 AM.
Vault Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 02:41 AM   #55
Tha Mantis
 
Tha Mantis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: B-Ville, VA
Posts: 915

Tha Mantis's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBxRAIDER View Post
Wish you could roam around the city when NOT on a case. Buy a suit maybe. get a drink
But you can just drive around and explore the city while on cases. Nothing states that you MUST drive to location and continue the story. Sure you can't go drunk driving to the strip club, but you can explore at your own pace after the first few cases.
__________________
This message is hidden because Hoborg is on your ignore list.
Know your roots.



Tha Mantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 02:47 AM   #56
JaredL
 
JaredL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 87

JaredLinwood's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIISETIII View Post
I don't like how the game looks and feels like Mafia II since I kind of hated that game. I really hope this doesn't start a trend for future Rockstar games. I would hate to see the next GTA play like this. Also not being able to set waypoints sucks a whole bunch.
It's because Mafia II and L.A. Noire share a similar time period, that's all. Also, it's important to note that Rockstar supported in the development, but the primary development was done by Team Bondi. I love the way it plays, it's different, but it works. This isn't GTA after all, it wouldn't be right if it played out the same.

You can set waypoints, but since GPS obviously wasn't around in the 40s, they can't highlight the ideal path for you - instead, if you get lost, you'll notice your partner gives you directions. I don't consider this a flaw, it's a small detail that makes the game very unique and realistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIISETIII View Post
You can't do this? How is it an "open world" game then? I haven't played it much yet, but from what I'm hearing I think this will be my least favorite Rockstar game. I will probably have to wait for reviews on future releases now, which is something I never thought I would say.
Pretty sure Rockstar has stated several times now that it is not "open world" in the traditional Rockstar fashion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBxRAIDER View Post
Wish you could roam around the city when NOT on a case. Buy a suit maybe. get a drink
You can roam around the city after you finish the game. Not sure if it is possible before hand... you need to enter the CASE section of the main menu and select it from one of the desk folders, depending what desk you want to roam in (Patrol, Homicide, Vice, etc.)
JaredL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 02:57 AM   #57
Mikey1
 
Mikey1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 55
Is there an odometer for the cars to see how fast you go? It's kinda annoying not knowing your speed.
Mikey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 08:49 AM   #58
SpinelesS
 
SpinelesS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Surfers Paradise, Australia
Posts: 2,985

Mr SpinelesS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBxRAIDER View Post
Wish you could roam around the city when NOT on a case. Buy a suit maybe. get a drink

You can roam the city when not on a case.

Every time you finish a desk (traffic, homicide, vice etc) you are given the ability to free roam - street crimes specific to each desk have to be completed.

To go to free roam, go to cases, and then scroll down to the bottom of a desk (traffic is the first "desk" you complete that has free roam) you have finished and the option to free roam will be there.
__________________
[spoiler=uniquecode]This is how you use spoilers![/spoiler]
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

SpinelesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:11 AM   #59
IIISETIII
 
IIISETIII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 128

xFrankWhite's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredL View Post
It's because Mafia II and L.A. Noire share a similar time period, that's all. Also, it's important to note that Rockstar supported in the development, but the primary development was done by Team Bondi. I love the way it plays, it's different, but it works. This isn't GTA after all, it wouldn't be right if it played out the same.
Nah this just isn't true. Both of these games feel very similar. The character movement, the camera, the hand to hand combat, etc. It has nothing to do with the fact that both games are from a similar time period.

Quote:
You can set waypoints, but since GPS obviously wasn't around in the 40s, they can't highlight the ideal path for you - instead, if you get lost, you'll notice your partner gives you directions. I don't consider this a flaw, it's a small detail that makes the game very unique and realistic.
It most likely wasn't available in the 1800s either, but you can use GPS in RDR.
IIISETIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:01 AM   #60
ZedChuva
 
ZedChuva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,213

ZedChuva's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvlution View Post
Yeah, a lot of the interviews are plain dumb luck. Why would I believe someone nervously looking around the room?
I made this point in another thread, and was basically told "people who think they know so much about interrogation... blahblah". There were MANY times someone would give a response, then fidget and nervously look around. You'd go "That's a lie", then they'd get all defensive, and you'd get it wrong. That's not a subtle "doubt" reation, sorry, but it's not. Maybe one person who's twitchy to start with fine, but I've had it happen about 3-4 times now. Annoying. At this point, I don't care. I just on immediate instinct and carry on either way. Funny too, I either get maybe one wrong, or I'll botch it completely. I'll go back later if I try to 100% all the cases.

Plus everyone gets angry when you accuse them of lying. Nobody for me yet, has gotten upset, they just get all "Hey buddy! Good luck proving that one."

This is indeed more Mafia 2 than GTA4. I liked M2, so it's no big deal, just the structure of the game is a little dull. You CAN free roam, but you have to go into a menu to. I'd like to solve a case, then wander around. The cases are like bad 50's cop dramas... bad in the cheesy way, not bad as in shitty. Campy dialogue, hokey situations a quick action scene (or two), and end credits (without the credits).

My basic gripes are the controls, especially the driving (no in car = bullshit).
The interrogation, while cool, is getting boring/repetitive.
No ammo inventory display. Now, I haven't run out yet, but I'm assuming you do since one suit gives you "hold more ammo".

Straight out... I LIKE THE GAME... before more people get all bent out of shape. I would have stopped playing by now if I didn't like it. It's just a bit of a letdown.
__________________
ZedChuva is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:16 AM.