PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > L.A. Noire
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2011, 12:00 PM   #61
Nitnoid
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Orlando
Posts: 1,720

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The fistfights! Need I say more?
Nitnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 02:46 PM   #62
JaredL
 
JaredL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 87

JaredLinwood's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIISETIII View Post
Nah this just isn't true. Both of these games feel very similar. The character movement, the camera, the hand to hand combat, etc. It has nothing to do with the fact that both games are from a similar time period.

It most likely wasn't available in the 1800s either, but you can use GPS in RDR.
I understand where you are coming from, I'm a fan of both games, and they do feel similar, but I don't believe there is any link between the two other then the fact they are from the same time period. They both use different engines, different developers and different concept... not to mention that L.A. Noire has been in-development for over 6 years. I don't think they "copied" the mechanics, if that is what you are insinuating.

Like I said, I'm not disagreeing with you at all, I just think they feel the same for a reason is all.

Oh, and yeah I see your point there, Redemption did have GPS-like features. Only answer to why L.A. Noire doesn't, I guess, is purely for realism and consistency I guess; and it works, navigation isn't too hard, and the directions from your partner work great. It's the attention to detail I like most about the game to be honest.

I apologies if I am a little bias though. I own a fansite regarding Rockstar, and they sent me out the game a week before it was released, so I honestly have no complaints. Not that I don't respect your issues with the game, nothing is perfect after all.
JaredL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 04:21 PM   #63
IIISETIII
 
IIISETIII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 130

Franknsteinr's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredL View Post
I apologies if I am a little bias though. I own a fansite regarding Rockstar, and they sent me out the game a week before it was released, so I honestly have no complaints. Not that I don't respect your issues with the game, nothing is perfect after all.
Rockstar is without a doubt my favorite game dev out there. The reason I said I was concerned about the next GTA playing like Mafia II is because they are known for trying things out in their games and then implementing them more and more. Like the errands in Bully, and how they've become stranger missions in RDR. Because of this you have to figure that there will be some zombie dlc in the next GTA, or possibly even an entire game based on zombies. Anyways yea, I just don't like this new engine.
IIISETIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:39 PM   #64
JKSullivan
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 291

JKSullivan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey1 View Post
Is there an odometer for the cars to see how fast you go? It's kinda annoying not knowing your speed.
You mean speedometer, and no, there isn't one.
JKSullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 06:07 PM   #65
JuSt BLaZe
 
JuSt BLaZe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mystic Falls, Germany
Posts: 7,091

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
OOOHHH, so we do have a guide-line on the map during the case "The White Shoe Slaying" while chasing the All American 249 Bus BUT NOT in the actual game. No there we always have to press and ask for the next direction. REALLY??? -.-
__________________
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 06:30 PM   #66
Mikey1
 
Mikey1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSullivan View Post
You mean speedometer, and no, there isn't one.
Same thing, lol, thanks. However, I do wish that there was one.
Mikey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:30 AM   #67
shell2k6
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 44

shell2k6's Gamercard
i think people are getting too hung up on this being a rockstar title and comparing it to gta. its a completely different game style and being compared to gta is unfair in my opinion. also i have read the main development of this game was done by bondi (think thats right) so its not a proper rockstar game, they are the publishers.
shell2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:30 AM   #68
Aronsky
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 218

Aronsky's Gamercard
I like the game but I think I was just expecting more from it.
Aronsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 02:20 AM   #69
JonathanT32
 
JonathanT32's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 252
Send a message via AIM to JonathanT32 Send a message via Yahoo to JonathanT32

Jonxthxn's Gamercard
Why the fuck do none of the police cars not have a single light? How corny is a cop car with a cheap ass siren and no lights?
__________________






JonathanT32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 05:22 AM   #70
davezpsp
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 202

KingRodedog's Gamercard
My turn! I'm gonna complain that this game was not made for the hardcore gamer A.K.A. the unemployed. Sure if you're a casual gamer this will take quite a while but it's gotta be in the ballpark of 30-40hrs. total, even if that. I finished it up today with an average of a little under a disc a day. I didn't mean to blow through it but I wanted to see what was next all the time.

Towards the end the game play actually got a little more fun due to the variety of the characters, I just wish they had done that earlier or more frequently. Also, it's been stated before but I didn't care for the fact that you were ALWAYS in a case. Yes, I am aware that there is free roam but still. I don't want to compare because that is what everybody else is doing, in other R* games you had multiple choices of who to work for or what jobs/missions and if you wanted a break you could free roam instead of having to make sure your game saved, back out to the main menu and then into free roam, not to mention you have to make sure it saves again before you leave free roam otherwise you'll lose whatever you did in F.R. Which brings me to my next point, why are there no save places? Why can't you go back to HQ, maybe "fill out a report" in essence to create a save point? That would have been the easy way to do it. I get that it saves like every 15-20 mins. or after you trigger certain events but that would have given the game that extra edge.

I've been hearing nothing but good about this game but I really hope it doesn't get GOTY, it is beautiful to look at and the controls are great for the most part but it just needed more play testing in terms of: maybe you guys should add this or subtract that.

In the words of Forrest Gump: "That's about all I have to say about that"
__________________




1st PS3: 11/22/12-??/??/??
1st Xbox: 01/25/09-11/24/10(DVD Fail)
2nd Xbox: 12/23/10-10/02/11(DVD Fail)
3rd Xbox: 10/02/11-??/??/??
10,000GS: 08/28/10
20,000GS: 10/09/10
30,000GS: 12/09/10
40,000GS: 04/06/11
50,000GS: 12/29/11
davezpsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 07:10 AM   #71
Wolfie99
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: ENGLAND
Posts: 127

Wolfie9985's Gamercard
My only complaint is the map in the pause menu. Its very hard to see the player icon when its a small white arrow on a black and white map...
Otherwise...great game
Wolfie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:04 AM   #72
Lord Arkhan
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 401

lord arkhan's Gamercard
So far my only major problem has been the lack of a proper save system. I have a young family so I have to stop playing randomly as things come up and there is nothing worse than going through 2 full interviews then having to quit out to do something else and when I come back, THE SAME DAMN INTERVIEWS!!!

When I get questions wrong it's not too bad because it gives me another chance but when I got all the questions right it sucks having to sit through all the dialogue, that I have already heard, again.

I am not looking forward to doing the cars as I know there are going to be some that I get and will lose them without realizing it when I quit out. Then I will be wondering which cars I am missing for the achievement when I come back to it.
__________________
I'm not crazy. My reality just differs from yours in varying degrees of severity.
Lord Arkhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:40 PM   #73
JuSt BLaZe
 
JuSt BLaZe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mystic Falls, Germany
Posts: 7,091

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie99 View Post
My only complaint is the map in the pause menu. Its very hard to see the player icon when its a small white arrow on a black and white map...
Otherwise...great game
Yeah, let me count in on this one too. I had to zoom in/out many times to figure out where the hell I am.
__________________
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 01:04 PM   #74
Killer_Walrus
 
Killer_Walrus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 9

GuRbLeGoOcH666's Gamercard
I love the game and gave put in over a full day's worth of time into it, but the way I'm looking at somethings, I get this weird Gran Turismo 3 feeling that I won't get 100% completion. Like when I look at my quick stats from the in game social club, it says I'm 4 points short of level 20, but I unlocked the achievement for it and the official website shows the same thing. @90% complete I feel like leaving it there then finishing everything out and have it reading like 99.8% complete.
Killer_Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 01:15 PM   #75
JKSullivan
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 291

JKSullivan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey1 View Post
Same thing, lol, thanks. However, I do wish that there was one.
It would be nice to have one, thought not critical (obviously). But I must object - they are not at all the same thing. One measures speed, the other measures distance travelled. Do you look at a thermometer when someone asks what time it is?
JKSullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 02:27 PM   #76
Wolfie99
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: ENGLAND
Posts: 127

Wolfie9985's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
Yeah, let me count in on this one too. I had to zoom in/out many times to figure out where the hell I am.
Exactly. It is easy to find the locations because they are nice yellow dots / flags. Even the custom marked is grey which can still be difficult to see.

Your enemies are red, allies are green, objectives in yellow. Why cant your location and/or custom marker be a bright green?

Glad its not just me
Wolfie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 02:45 PM   #77
Acejunky
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 230
DLC's

Why so many DLC's all ready the dam game just came out. Give ppl a chance to be the finish the first part.
Acejunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 03:07 PM   #78
JuSt BLaZe
 
JuSt BLaZe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mystic Falls, Germany
Posts: 7,091

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acejunky View Post
Why so many DLC's all ready the dam game just came out. Give ppl a chance to be the finish the first part.
True true. That's really redonkulous.
__________________
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 03:29 PM   #79
MaxRenn82
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 50

MaxRenn82's Gamercard
First off I gotta say, I think the driving feels very hokey after getting used to driving in GTA4. More like old style GTA's or Saint's Row (an arcade feel to it), whereas GTA4 felt more realistic. I know they aren't same company making them, but wanted to point that out seeing as someone mentioned it.

And the game does feel short for a 3 disc game really. If the DLC for a game is out the same week it releases, shouldn't that content have perhaps been ON THE DISC???
MaxRenn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 04:32 PM   #80
Sir Goatfather
 
Sir Goatfather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ontario
Posts: 78

SirGriswald's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxRenn82 View Post
First off I gotta say, I think the driving feels very hokey after getting used to driving in GTA4. More like old style GTA's or Saint's Row (an arcade feel to it), whereas GTA4 felt more realistic. I know they aren't same company making them, but wanted to point that out seeing as someone mentioned it.

And the game does feel short for a 3 disc game really. If the DLC for a game is out the same week it releases, shouldn't that content have perhaps been ON THE DISC???
First of all, I think the driving is fine and considering these cars are 60 years older than the cars in Grand Theft Auto IV, they would probably handle quite differently.

The DLC was a bonus for people who preordered it so the company could get more preorders. Hopefully I can purchase them soon.
Sir Goatfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 04:52 PM   #81
Nitnoid
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Orlando
Posts: 1,720

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The dlc on this game was probably ready at release because otherwise, the game might have been 4 discs and even more people whining about THAT!
Nitnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:48 PM   #82
DarthSoth
 
DarthSoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,290

I DarthSoth I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Alright I retract my earlier bitch about the driving. It is actually fairly decent in this game. It was my controller that was goofy and making me fight it while driving. Just got it replaced and now I have no problem driving, well except for the stupid other drivers that turn and move so damn erratically.

I stick with my comments on the character control not being very good though. Can still be a giant pain in the ass when you are trying for small area movement and especially while chasing suspects.

Another bitch I'd like to add though is regarding the side missions. Why do you have to always kill the people? It would be nice if you had the option to apprehend them alive. Just seems like the only option is to just shoot them. I've stopped bothering to chase them down now and just blast away at the first chance I get.
__________________



Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
DarthSoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:35 AM   #83
slverblade
 
slverblade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 5

Fullmetal2k's Gamercard
awesome game
slverblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:32 AM   #84
xianizradx
 
xianizradx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Kansas
Posts: 380

xIan Iz Radx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
My only gripe... is that almost all the cars look exactly the same. So I have no clue what car I'm missing or what it looks like.
__________________

xianizradx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:12 AM   #85
FreeFool
 
FreeFool's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 330
Cars do look the same.

The game is good but being an huge open world city there is a no reason (apart from sheer curiosity) to explore it.
I am wondering if they could of added similar things like your friends or mini games ala GTA IV? Or go to a club to see a show/singer, or gambling?
Even have Phelps have apartments and girls dotted around the city.
Althought its open world it is a tad linear.
FreeFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:50 PM   #86
Dirty Raskull
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 6

dirty raskull's Gamercard
Disc won't even read, guess 'll have o takeit back to the store
Dirty Raskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:20 PM   #87
SneakyofSneaks
 
SneakyofSneaks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hiding
Posts: 751

Sneakyofsneaks's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeFool View Post
Cars do look the same.

The game is good but being an huge open world city there is a no reason (apart from sheer curiosity) to explore it.
.
Golden reels are a good enough reason to explore
SneakyofSneaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:10 PM   #88
Lord Montymort
 
Lord Montymort's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Behind you, ready to poke you with a stick.
Posts: 1,015

brianx88's Gamercard
My only complain is that on The Quarter Moon Murders case, I got to the end and was chasing the killer though the Catacombs, and climbing out I got shot by him and fell down and got stuck in the ladder shoot and I didn't get a "Case Fail" or "Game Over" or what ever you get in this, and I had to do the whole boring mission again.
__________________
Lord Montymort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:08 PM   #89
cheeky 315
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 415

cheeky 315's Gamercard
im finding the game so boring to be honest. It's tyoo slow with not enough action.

It looks stunning and the mechanics are perfect.......theres just not enough action, It's like a dumbed down version of CSI. I was expecting a lot more shootouts and car chases etc

totally agree with the lack of things to do, In a great big wide open city there should be more there to hold your interest after beating the game
__________________
**LOOKING TO BOOST**

Max Payne 3 (rank)
black ops (Moon easter egg)
Black ops II (tower of babel and all DLC)
F.E.A.R 3 (insane coop and contractions)




cheeky 315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:51 PM   #90
KFZ Scrubs
 
KFZ Scrubs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Rapture
Posts: 11,321

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
First glitch.... after the tractor scene the sound of the tractor won't go away.... I can't hear the dialog... so I had to turn off the sound effects... still carried over into the next case too.
__________________
Brutal Boxing KO's of 2013:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcVYO_1DPE8
Down with Haganai


KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:58 PM.