PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > L.A. Noire
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-22-2011, 12:57 PM   #31
DBurchHero

DBurchHero's Gamercard
My biggest thing with the cars, like it has been stated, is when it gets down to it the last few. Its gonna be tough. Im just jumping out everytime we have a scheduled stop in the campaign and jumping in every car on the block. Im saving the "hidden" cars you unlock and the obvious ones (fire truck, garbage truck, etc) for last so maybe it wont seem like such a bitch
DBurchHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:58 PM   #32
DBurchHero

DBurchHero's Gamercard
Also how long do you think it will take to drive 194.7 miles in game?
Old 05-22-2011, 01:44 PM   #33
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBurchHero View Post
Also how long do you think it will take to drive 194.7 miles in game?
Not much. If you go for every case, street crime, golden film reels & landmarks & DRIVE ALL BY YOURSELF (NOT THE PARTNER) you will reach your 194.7 miles in no time. You will get the last few miles while searching for your last cars anyway. In other words if you going for 100% the miles are already included. I'm @ 74.9% and @ 186.06 miles, so that figures.

Edit: Now @ 75.3 % and @ 194.77 miles. JOB DONE!

Last edited by JuSt BLaZe; 05-22-2011 at 02:06 PM.
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 02:01 PM   #34
DBurchHero

DBurchHero's Gamercard
Thanks dude.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:04 PM   #35
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Thanks dude.
No problem. Oh btw I unlocked it right now after chasing down two street crimes, had to drive from the west (Hollywood Divison 6) all over to the east (Central Division 1). Now I'll leave the rest up to my partner, enough driving.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:01 PM   #36
LegendaryMarvel

legendarymarvel's Gamercard
so I was wondering if anyone knew whether or not you can get the 100% game complete with having missed a clue or two in a case? I completed a case with 5 stars and missed (I think) 1 clue as well as got 1 question wrong. Will this affect me from getting the 100% game complete, or do I need to go back and re-do that case and get all the questions right, as well as find the other clue.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:29 PM   #37
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryMarvel View Post
so I was wondering if anyone knew whether or not you can get the 100% game complete with having missed a clue or two in a case? I completed a case with 5 stars and missed (I think) 1 clue as well as got 1 question wrong. Will this affect me from getting the 100% game complete, or do I need to go back and re-do that case and get all the questions right, as well as find the other clue.
Not sure but you can never be on the wrong side if you find everything & get every question right.

Why don't you simply do the rest of the cases now a 100% and see for yourself if it's unlocking...IF NOT...well easy money...play the case you've mentioned and get it done.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:07 PM   #38
LegendaryMarvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
Not sure but you can never be on the wrong side if you find everything & get every question right.

Why don't you simply do the rest of the cases now a 100% and see for yourself if it's unlocking...IF NOT...well easy money...play the case you've mentioned and get it done.
I'm trying to go through the cases first without using any type of guide as I find it a lot more fun. I will eventually go back and get 5 stars on all of them but there is no way to tell the difference between a 5 star, having missed 1 or 2 things, and a 5 star having found all clues and getting all questions correct. I guess I have no problem just writing down the case name and continuing on. I was just curious if anyone might be able to tell me by experience.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:53 PM   #39
DBurchHero

DBurchHero's Gamercard
Im sure you can get 100% while missing a few questions or clues. As long as it doesnt prevent you from getting 5 stars or stop you from getting the 95% clues achievement you should be fine.

Im guessing though
Old 05-22-2011, 10:32 PM   #40
LegendaryMarvel

Quote:
As long as it doesnt prevent you from getting 5 stars or stop you from getting the 95% clues achievement you should be fine.
Oh yeah... I forgot about that one. Well if I get the 95% clue one and not the 100% complete then I'll know what I'm missing. I know there'll be a few that I have to go back and get some clues on though. Some of the earlier ones I did not do so well on. I blame it on playing while drinking. haha.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:36 AM   #41
slverblade

Fullmetal2k's Gamercard
pretty easy
slverblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:35 PM   #42
GDMFS0AB

Mad Hectic's Gamercard
For Roscoe & Friends(kill a bad guy with every gun)

I need to your the colt pistol, but everytime i see one it just seems to collect ammo. I cannot change weapon to it.

Anyone know where i can get to use that gun? Last one i need.
GDMFS0AB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:00 PM   #43
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDMFS0AB View Post
For Roscoe & Friends(kill a bad guy with every gun)

I need to your the colt pistol, but everytime i see one it just seems to collect ammo. I cannot change weapon to it.

Anyone know where i can get to use that gun? Last one i need.
If Cole Phelps picks up any ammo for a weapon, you already have this weapon equipped. In other words, as a detective you don't need to pick up the Colt .45 cause it's already your default weapon from the beginning.

Make sure to keep track on this list (from the Achievement Guide here, by IISpiderII):

There are 9 guns you will need to kill someone with. Most of them are dropped from bad guys through many cases and street crimes.

• .44 Magnum - Default gun as a patrol cop. Start the case "Armed and Dangerous." and press LB to drop the shotgun.
  • 12 Gauge Shotgun - Start with it in the case "Armed and Dangerous." Bad guys will drop this as well.
  • Colt .45 - Your default gun as a detective.
  • Thompson SMG - Bad guys from many cases and street crimes will have it. There's a bad guy with one at the final event on the case "The Fallen Idol."
  • Tommy gun (modified thompson with a round drum) - Bad guys from many cases and street crimes will have it. There's a bad guy with one at the final event on the case "The Fallen Idol."
  • M1 Garrand - Bad guys from many cases and street crimes will have it. There's a bad guy with one at the final event on the case "The Fallen Idol."
  • M1 Thompson (modified garrand with round drum) - Bad guys from the case "Manifest Destiny" will drop them.
  • Browning Auto-Rifle - Easily found in the final case as many bad guys will have it. There's also one in the same spot as the flamethrower.
  • Flamethrower - Obtained in the final case at the final event in the sewers. Right before the scene where the water rises you will find a room full of guns. The flamethrower is in there.

Last edited by JuSt BLaZe; 05-23-2011 at 06:03 PM.
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:14 AM   #44
ELiiTexCRO

Send a message via MSN to ELiiTexCRO

ELiiTe Cro's Gamercard
i am aiming for getting 100% Completion on the game its gonna take a while but its gonna be fun
ELiiTexCRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:59 AM   #45
aadams_22

aadams22's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by himalaybarad View Post
Call me crazy but I found finding the 200 pigeons a LOT easier, quicker and funner than finding a few horses on Red Dead :P These last few cars could be a real bitch I have a feeling..the map is so huge on this game and some cars are probably rare and can only be found in certain areas at certain times :/ just my guess though don't take my word for it.
OK you're crazy :P

but seriously I'd rather do the 95 cars than finding those blasted pigeons.
1250/1250: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
1550/1550: Fallout 3
1000/1000: Fight Night Round 3
1000/1000: Lego Indiana Jones
1000/1000: Madden NFL '08
1000/1000: Madden NFL '09

100% XBL (5):
200/200: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
200/200: Final Fight: DblImpact
200/200: Golden Axe
200/200: A Kingdom for Keflings
250/250: The Maw
aadams_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:50 AM   #46
Lockleyhat

Does anyone know when the DLC will come out for those who need it for the achivements?
Lockleyhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 04:08 PM   #47
Luigikid

Luigikid's Gamercard
Got all the Trophys on PS3, it was not that hard
Luigikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:11 PM   #48
Frost FI

Little off-topic, but what game picture you have for L.A. Noire? Is it Cole Phelps or black background with golden L.A. Noire text?

I got the second one and all my friends have different one.
Frost FI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:48 AM   #50
girth swinger

girth swinger's Gamercard
I hated public menace because the first time I did it I was 400 short
Old 06-01-2011, 01:18 PM   #51
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by girth swinger View Post
I hated public menace because the first time I did it I was 400 short
Hahaha and I was $ 110.000+.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:44 PM   #52
Sn1gaaaZ

Citizen Snickey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
Hahaha and I was $ 110.000+.
Dayum BLaZe, you are a real demolition man. But I also was around 100k $ when I got that achievement. I just made a good rampage through L.A. without even take care how much cars, etc. I've destroyed.
Sn1gaaaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:23 AM   #53
iFrenck

i DejavuHD's Gamercard
I cant seem to get ' The Moose ' achievement. i tried it like 5 times already i am sure that she cant see me, im holding enough distants. Is this achievement bugged or glitched for some people?
Old 06-06-2011, 11:15 AM   #54
ni9ht_5ta1k3r

The Gh0sts's Gamercard
I only have 14 cars left to find in the game: can many of them just be found lying around or do i have to go through a case to get access to them?

the film reels are easy so i won't worry about that.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:43 AM   #55
FreeFool

For the Moose cheevo, hang way back and just stand behind trees, buildings, fences, pillars and you should get it. Dont run out in front of traffic as they might honk and she'll spot you.

For the cars, you can get this in free roam (or a case if you like), a nice trick is explained here; http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=313422
FreeFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:08 PM   #56
Hiigarian

Otseg0's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by iFrenck View Post
I cant seem to get ' The Moose ' achievement. i tried it like 5 times already i am sure that she cant see me, im holding enough distants. Is this achievement bugged or glitched for some people?
Also, don't use cover. I think I read somewhere on the forum that the use of cover while tailing can rob you off the achievement. I did every tail in the game without using cover, and I got all of the achievements.

P.S: By "cover" I mean being leaned on the wall or peeking behind a corner - not being incognito, eg. standing in front of the store window when the "A" button is signalized. I did incognito actions, but not covers, and I got the achievements. Hope this helps

100% Retail: 3 // 100% Arcade: 1 // 100% WP7: 4
Hiigarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:06 AM   #57
mogwaimon

mogwaimon's Gamercard
Yep, for The Moose you can't use cover to hide, otherwise the achievement won't pop. You'll have to go oldschool and just sort of stand behind the buildings/cars and hope she doesn't spot you, haha.

Anyways...just saw the updated achievement list, sorta miffed that my completion status has been KOed so early, like when a buddy and I 100%ed Resident Evil 5 together and right afterwards the Versus DLC came out, haha. Still looks like an easy list, and I kept the game around for the DLC cases knowing they'd have achievements so it's no big deal I suppose.
100% retail - Lego Batman, Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4, Lego Star Wars TCS, Batman Arkham Asylum, The Godfather (1250), Resident Evil 5 (1000), Oblivion (1250), Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires, Fallout 3 (1550), Avatar TLA, Marvel UA, Marvel UA 2 (1000), Left 4 Dead (1225), Assassin's Creed 1+2, Sega Megadrive UC, L.A. Noire (1200), The Saboteur

100% arcade - Gunstar Heroes, Pacman CE DX, SSF2T HDR, The Dishwasher Dead Samurai, DR2 Case Zero, Banjo Kazooie, Dash of Destruction
mogwaimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:42 AM   #58
ni9ht_5ta1k3r

The Gh0sts's Gamercard
now i am down to 8 cars! GREAT!
Old 06-14-2011, 04:59 PM   #59
Victim of Time

Victim of Time's Gamercard
Achievement Guide

Does anyone now when the achievement guide is coming out? For L.A. Noire, but it felt like that was obvious
Victim of Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:59 PM   #60
Whatup14

whatup14's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victim of Time View Post
Does anyone now when the achievement guide is coming out? For L.A. Noire, but it felt like that was obvious
Try searching in the forum...
Whatup14 is offline   Reply With Quote