PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > The First Templar
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-04-2011, 03:15 AM   #1
fehag

x ATLA5 Xx's Gamercard
give it a try - nice game

i don't understand all the people saying that this game is bad. well it doesn't have the best grafic and the camera is annoying sometimes but it's still fun to play. i needed about 14 hours for my first playthrough including all the bonus missions. the achievements are very good and stackable. the story is very interesting and i know it's fiction but you still can learn some history aspects about the inquisition, crusades and templars. i like it
fehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:22 PM   #2
doket

Send a message via MSN to doket

D4rk St4r 2007's Gamercard
yes, this game is fun. i keep playing it without stopping. the coop part is also fun. only the worse, this game have some glitch.... i still like it...
doket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:39 PM   #3
osakamitsu

osakamitsu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
yeah I've played the beginning a little bit but I had to stop to study for finals. The fighting seemed a little clunky but it seemed like it might be a decent game. Cant wait til finals are over so I can pick it up again. But then Lego pirates and Brink will be out so its probably 3rd in line to be played. lol
osakamitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:02 AM   #4
jamie1000013

D Mob x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Genre Competition - Second Place   2,500 Posts   x360a Representer   Completion Competition Winner   Word of Mouth   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
How easy are the achievements, I don't want to play a rubbish game if the GS is hard as well lol.

Thanks.

Thank you Audacious for the sig
jamie1000013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:03 PM   #5
VladimirK

VladimirK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie1000013 View Post
How easy are the achievements, I don't want to play a rubbish game if the GS is hard as well lol.
Piss easy is an understatement.

I've got 650GS so far just from playing the story, (I'm on about the third last mission after 8 hours of story), and not really doing anything different than I normally would.
The only tricky thing will be the hundred or so GS from the multiplayer stuff.

Do it on hard, too. I've played the first mission on both normal and hard and there honestly wasn't much difference between the two, you just take a tad more damage.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:28 PM   #6
chichan123

supkris's Gamercard
This game sure is fun. The graphics are not bad either. It does have varied environments which is fun to explore. Also the game play variety is good. Its not just a button masher. Finding all collectibles has some puzzle solving involved. Also the stealth sections are welcome change. The story though not as strong as other AAA titles serves good. The game is not that hard on hard difficulty but does get frustrating at times in duel. The achievements are easy and most importantly fun to achieve. The only downside is the terrible voice acting and a disappointing protagonist and lead characters. They completely lack any personality which is a sad thing. Otherwise i am having fun and i am playing this over LA Noire. I am waiting for my copy of LA Noire and till then this game should fill up the gap.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:13 PM   #7
Darc Jak

Darc Jak's Gamercard
I am enjoying this game ALOT! I love medieval period stuff and the fact that it's 13th century Templars is even better. I've almost played through it twice already and I've had it less than 72 hours. My only complaint is that it resets your completed bonus objectives every time you replay a level, for example: if you play through a level and complete all the bonus objectives, and you replay that mission to get a part for a costume that you missed and you back out after you find it and have only completed 1 bonus objective, it resets them and says you only did 1. Kinda lame, but overall still a very entertaining game.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:31 PM   #8
waxc3

waxc3's Gamercard
i got 780 in the first playthrough. it was fun. dont want the Arena dlc though which has a mix of easy achieves and pain in the ass achieves

da da da dahh! bitchpudding!
waxc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:56 PM   #9
VladimirK

VladimirK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by waxc3 View Post
i got 780 in the first playthrough. it was fun. dont want the Arena dlc though which has a mix of easy achieves and pain in the ass achieves
None of The Arena is difficult btw.
(Not me being up-myself, it's genuinely really easy.)

The no damage ones might look difficult but with all the upgrades, the difficulty on casual (on casual you can see the indicator of when they are going to hit which makes it much easier just in itself) and just running about mostly letting the AI do a lot of the work you can get all of the achievements in about 20-30 minutes.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:32 AM   #10
WonderCaliban

WonderCaliban's Gamercard
I'm loving this game as well. It's low budget, but as long as you don't expect to much it's pretty solid. The only bug I've found is the sound issue of losing the voices in the cutscenes.

I've played much worse triple A titles.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:47 PM   #11
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Hmm...I'm thinking I might pick this up after seeing some people enjoying it and the easy GS.

"It is done then. Your schemes, like you, are put to rest." - Alta´r Ibn La-Ahad
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:19 PM   #12
GANZ VII

Anglo Saxon VII's Gamercard
The idea is sound but a bit more effort and time was needed to make this game a true honour to The Knights Templar Order.
GANZ VII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:33 AM   #13
dersuedwanderer

dersuedwanderer's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladimirK View Post
None of The Arena is difficult btw.
(Not me being up-myself, it's genuinely really easy.)

The no damage ones might look difficult but with all the upgrades, the difficulty on casual (on casual you can see the indicator of when they are going to hit which makes it much easier just in itself) and just running about mostly letting the AI do a lot of the work you can get all of the achievements in about 20-30 minutes.

Any tips for Arena Round 2?

No way to go through it without getting hit.

And if I do - Mary doesn┤t follow me, especially in the second part, where you have to open a door TOGETHER.

EVERY hint is welcome (*please help!*)
dersuedwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 03:59 AM   #14
eiVaL

Y0 MAC's Gamercard
its a very cheaply developed game but it doesnt have any/alot of aggravating gaming aspects (at least on Easy) that would deter me from playing it atleast once thru.

plus its pretty generous with the achievements which is nice, how ever i dont know if its good enough that ill wanna go back an replay levels to mop up any remaining achievements.

eiVaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:29 PM   #15
DigitALxBullets

DigitALxBullets's Gamercard
This game is good to play, but the effort put into making it is poor... ie, pulling leavers with a touch of a finger is not realisticly accurate and the AI can get its self killed very easly on hard, so swapping is addvised.
All in all I would recomend this game to a friend.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:44 PM   #16
Fifth Fleet

Fifth Fleet's Gamercard
The game on hard was easy, Graphics are to be as expected. And gameplay was fun with a friend, Only host getting achievements? That was a bad choice. Got most achievements in 1 run. Only troubled ones are 2 multiplayer,
The arena, Do it with a friend and run around while they kill.
Fifth Fleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:07 PM   #17
cutterk73

cutterk73's Gamercard
yeah its not a bad game at all. if you can find it for 10 bucks or so its well worth it..
cutterk73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:37 PM   #18
Midnight Malice

Midnight Malice's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifth Fleet View Post
Only host getting achievements? That was a bad choice.
I don't think it was a choice honestly, an online co-op game without both players getting credit and seperate saves is like.... xbox 1 stuff, I think they couldn't get it to program correctly and just left it like that.

If you were to look at a pile of games released in the past few years, this game would be near the bottom. The graphics are shit, the controls are clunky, the combat is awful, the voice acting is laughably HORRIBLE, and the missions are annoying and boring. Anyone who says this is a good game needs to seriously expand the amount of games they have played past PS2 titles, cause thats pretty much what this game is, in fact it would have been bad on the PS2 as well.

With ALL that said.... still have to 1000 it... stupid friends convincing me to get games I don't want to rent... I should have said no to this one, I knew...... I knew

100+ Retail Games_100%
100,000 GS (9/12/09)
200,000 GS (2/2/2014) (I blame MMOs)
Midnight Malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:37 PM   #19
Fried Cola

Quote:
Originally Posted by fehag View Post
i don't understand all the people saying that this game is bad. well it doesn't have the best grafic
lol, that's exactly why people like to talk shit about First Templar. It looks and animates like a last generation title. Facial textures are also weird where they look glued on and slip around on some generic enemy models.

You're right though. The game itself is surprisingly not awful, and I think its the only game out there that attempts to offer real life history on who the templars were versus the usual OMG EVIL ILLUMINATI NWO ALIEN FREEMASON CONSPIRACY.

I also like how half the pikemen have pringles guy moustaches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Malice View Post
the controls are clunky, the combat is awful, the voice acting is laughably HORRIBLE
none of these are true. The controls are pretty good. Combat is simple and repetitive, but far from awful. The VA is stale, but you wouldn't know what horrible is unless you've witnessed a MegaCD or TurboCD game from 20 years ago.

no random friend requests accepted.

Last edited by Fried Cola; 02-24-2013 at 06:50 PM.
Fried Cola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:42 AM   #20
Midnight Malice

Midnight Malice's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
The controls are unresponsive, frequently not doing the input I gave it, there is a noticable delay when inputting a command and the action on screen, enemies frenquetly pop up already hitting me, counter timing is quite consistantly off, execution moves do not occur when they should, Coupe De Gras don't always happen when you get the prompt and press the correct button. I have had all these issues with the game.

The combat itself is slow paced and boring, which is marred by like I said above, controls that are just not crisp at all. There are better examples of hack and slash adventure for 5 bucks in the arcade.

Also, the voiceing is bad, I am not talking about 20 years ago, clearly if you are trying to compare a game released 2 years ago, to one released 20 years ago, you are a tad out of touch with what we should be expecting from a game these days, and pretty much invalidates anything else you say. Might as well just say, well, when you compare The First Templar to hitting a square ball back and forth with a paddle, it is pretty good!

100+ Retail Games_100%
100,000 GS (9/12/09)
200,000 GS (2/2/2014) (I blame MMOs)
Midnight Malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:33 AM   #21
Fried Cola

Quote:
The controls are unresponsive, frequently not doing the input I gave it, there is a noticable delay when inputting a command and the action on screen, enemies frenquetly pop up already hitting me, counter timing is quite consistantly off, execution moves do not occur when they should, Coupe De Gras don't always happen when you get the prompt and press the correct button. I have had all these issues with the game.

The combat itself is slow paced and boring, which is marred by like I said above, controls that are just not crisp at all. There are better examples of hack and slash adventure for 5 bucks in the arcade.
and I didn't have any of these issues. I don't know why you're trying to convince me I did. The game is mediocre, but you're doing your damnedest to make it sound worse than it really is. you're also telling me you don't know what 'clunky' means.

also: execution moves do not occur 'when they should'? Do you mean the sneaking kills or the random executions that automatically happen when you kill the last enemy? you seriously had trouble with doing a coupe de grace? Pushing near a downed enemy. That was hard? You sound like you didn't even play this game at all.

Quote:
Also, the voiceing is bad, I am not talking about 20 years ago, clearly if you are trying to compare a game released 2 years ago, to one released 20 years ago, you are a tad out of touch with what we should be expecting from a game these days, and pretty much invalidates anything else you say. Might as well just say, well, when you compare The First Templar to hitting a square ball back and forth with a paddle, it is pretty good!
spare me your haughty and naive rhetoric, fool. You didn't say the voice
acting was bad. I know remembering things is hard, but I'll help you out. You said:

Quote:
the voice acting is laughably HORRIBLE
I realize reading comprehension is hard too, but I was pointing out you don't know what

no random friend requests accepted.

Last edited by Fried Cola; 02-25-2013 at 04:39 AM.
Fried Cola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:41 PM   #22
Paka

bucfanpaka's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I'm really liking this so far, really. A bit like Rise of the Argonauts in the feel. The graphics don't bother me a bit, the writing is pretty good, and the combat is fun.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:14 PM   #23
Death Metal Jim

Death Metal Jim's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - bplayak   Staff Club - Kairi   Staff Club - Yunder   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Just completed this a couple days ago and it honestly was pretty bad. Not absolutely atrocious, but still an overall bad game. It's incredibly repetitive, has horrible dialogue, bad graphics, and it's very glitchy. There's also entire levels devoted to puzzle solving (which I hate) in what is classified as an 'Action game'. The coop saves this game a little bit from becoming ridiculously boring, but it's not enough to save if from the 'crap pile' of games I've amassed over the years.
Death Metal Jim is offline   Reply With Quote