PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Windows Phone Games (WP7 and WP8) > Racing > Hydro Thunder Go
Subscribe    Donate

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2011, 03:09 PM   #1
Selasdray

SelasDray's Gamercard
Achievement Guide and RoadMap

This is my first Achievement Guide I've ever done so bear with me please :P

Roadmap Overview

- Estimated Achievement Difficulty: 3-4/10(Dependent on Skill)
- Offline Achievements: 14 (200)
- Online Achievements: 0 (0)
- Approximate Time for 200 : 4-8 hours(Dependent on Skill)
- Minimum Number of Playthroughs Needed for Completion: 1
- Number of Missable Achievements: 0
- Glitched Achievements: None
- Do Cheat Codes Disable Achievements: No Cheats
- Does Difficulty Affect Achievements: No

Hydro Thunder is a Boat Racing game for WP7. One of the best games so far to come to the Windows Phone. After a little practice and learning the level shortcuts, you shouldn't have much trouble getting a fun 200 with some of the best visuals on the phone to date.

Achievement Guide

Cha Ching! 25
Earn 1,000 credits (See "Show me the Money")

Spare Change 10
Earn 5,000 credits (See "Show me the Money")

Big Earner 10
Earn 10,000 credits (See "Show me the Money")

Show me the Money 10
Earn 25,000 credits

You get credits for placing in a race. The amount depends on Difficulty of Boat you are using and what place you finish. This should come naturally through play. I was at 40,000 credits when I got the 200. If you don't have this by the time you complete the other achievements, you can always replay any race until you have won enough.

Splish Splash 35
Earn a Trophy

Just finish a race in 1st, 2nd or 3rd to unlock this achievement.

Right on Time 35
Complete a Time Attack race.

Simply finish a race in time attack mode.

It's a Start 20
Earn a Bronze trophy or better on all stages.(See "Golden Delicious")

Golden Delicious 10
Earn a Gold trophy or better on all stages.

There are three classes of vehicles. Expert, Pro and Novice. Each has it's own medal class. The description of this achievement is misleading. Unlike "It's a Start" where all you have to do is earn at least a bronze on any stage regardless of boat class, Golden delicious will only unlock if you place 1st on each level with an Expert Vehicle.

The fastest way is to complete a couple of races until you unlock an expert vehicle and win every level with an expert vehicle which will stack the two achievements.

Tick Tick Tick 10
Beat all par times in Time Attack

There are nine stages in time trial each with a time to beat. Not too difficult, just practice and learn the levels and always use an Expert vehicle because they are the fastest. Personally I used "Cutthroat" throughout the whole game.

Taste my Wake 10
Download and beat a ghost in Time Attack

Go to Time Attack mode, select your stage and vehicle and on the left side of your screen you will see a leaderboard. Pick the Ghost with the longest par time and beat him.

Turbo Starter 10
Turbo Start in a race by tapping the screen in sync with the countdown

This one can be a bit tricky and takes some practice. You need to tap each number as it is counting down. Tap 3, Tap 2, Tap 1 and on Go move the throttle in the bottom right of your screen into full throttle. If you do it right you will start the race with a boost and have boost power burning.

Looong Waaay Down! 5
Be Airborne over 13 seconds

Go to the stage "The Far East" and select the vehicle Rad Hazard. You will come to a huge waterfall. Jump off the Waterfall and let off the boost. you will hang in the air for around 16 seconds.

Secret Achievements

Reckless Yachting 5
Destroyed all Gondols in Venice in a single race

There are seven gondolas(Long pointy boats that look like canoes:P) throughout the venice level. All you have to do is make contact with one to destroy it. Take the level slow keeping your thrusters low. There are 2 laps in the race. On the first lap, stick to the main route, on the second lap, take the alternate routes and shortcuts to search for them.

OverDrive 5
Had Boost activated through-out a whole race.

You have to get a turbo start for this to work. Just get a turbo start and make sure your boost doesnt run out the whole race.

Last edited by Selasdray; 05-25-2011 at 03:17 PM.
Selasdray is offline   Reply With Quote