PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-09-2009, 05:47 PM   #31
SR x FUZiON

UGM Assassin's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by daenius View Post

the first one was in mission 1 or 2, when I just turned around and there was alma staring at me, gave me the creeps.
that happened to me on my hard playthrough man i was scared lol.
On level 2 you can go inside one of the womens bathrooms and when you go in the end cubicle thing opens up theres a surprise in there .

Started on 21/08/2011

SR x FUZiON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 06:13 PM   #32
Ev0lon

Ev0lon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Eyes Metal View Post
The school...just seeing those abandoned rooms with the kids drawings covered with blood...
+ 1
Old 03-10-2009, 01:34 PM   #33
Dre4ms

Dre4ms's Gamercard
i haven't been scared, tense a few times but usually i had an idea of when something was gunna pop out so i could prepare for it lol... only game that actually scared me or disturbed me with lack of sleep was silent hill 2.
Dre4ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:40 PM   #34
switchZblade

switchZblade's Gamercard
I had a few good jumps and even a few screams haha. Me and some friends were all playling it and even turned it into a drinking game (drink everytime you jump)

1. This was in the demo, we turned around at some point before the movie theater and Alma was CRAWLING behind us. Sadly though I never saw this in the real game.

2. On the first level on my second playthrough i was rushing and turned around right into little Alma. I didn't rememebr that so it made me jump.

3. The Elementary school, particularly when you're in the dark hallway and Alma is appearing everywhere (recommend running through, makes you jump more as you are most likely to have her appear in your face)

4. When Fox grabs you right before he's killed. My friend was playing and he literally threw the controller at the tv and screamed. He refused to play after that haha

5. Being ambushed by an abomination when you least expect it
switchZblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 04:02 AM   #35
Shad0wTroop3r

SoUL Last Hero's Gamercard
scariest part for me was in the elementary school and all the lockers slamming toward you that really freaked me out
Shad0wTroop3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 02:26 AM   #36
Fizzmatix
Banned User

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Gold   Bright Idea   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
i've found this game to be a little dull and didn't really make me jump but I have been caught off guard a few times. I turned around and young alma was stood there. Kinda creepy but nothing scary.
Fizzmatix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:32 AM   #37
yosambo

Send a message via Yahoo to yosambo

CRYMS0N GH0ST's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre4ms View Post
i haven't been scared, tense a few times but usually i had an idea of when something was gunna pop out so i could prepare for it lol... only game that actually scared me or disturbed me with lack of sleep was silent hill 2.

Silent Hill 2 was an under rated masterpiece. The story was phenomenal, the gameplay was great, and the detail of character lives was impressive. I salute you for having played that game.
yosambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:09 PM   #38
BluntmanX

Send a message via MSN to BluntmanX

Bluntman Legacy's Gamercard
Personally, I thought the part where you look through that window and the abomination grabs you and tosses you into the room below was scary, I freaking flipped out and had to turn my light on. XD

Also, near that pool area, if you walk towards the window on the right side then when you get to it, look left, young Alma will be walking towards you. That spooked me.

and for some very odd reason, when she touched your hand to her pregnant stomach, that fuckin creeped me out. I guess that means either, DLC, F.E.A.R. 3 or an expansion. lol

BluntmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:11 PM   #39
EvilManDeadMan

Send a message via AIM to EvilManDeadMan

EvilManDeadMan5's Gamercard
To be honest, was not all that scary to me. I think the original F.E.A.R. was much scarier.
EvilManDeadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:38 PM   #40
Blackdog35

Blackdog35's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KemicalSupreme View Post
You kidding me.....Dead Space was absolutely not scary. Cool game, but not scary at all. Nothing haunting about it. Its just aliens!!! Cool game, but far from scary
Are you trying to tell that on the level where you walked into a room and the big snake/slug monster grabbed you by the foot and started dragging you away that you weren't scared?
Old 04-20-2009, 09:58 AM   #41
lI Predator lI

Send a message via ICQ to lI Predator lI Send a message via MSN to lI Predator lI Send a message via Yahoo to lI Predator lI Send a message via Skype™ to lI Predator lI

lI Predator lI's Gamercard
On the school, where u saw all the blood on the wall whole darkness only my light on my gun was on, after u walked a little bid further u see a naked woman with blood covered all over her behind a windows and she jump out and dissapeared that was my most scariest moment upon till now
lI Predator lI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:09 AM   #42
Judivarious

VAN WILEY's Gamercard
The only part that scared me was in the school, I went into the bathroom, and I opened the stall, and then the door of the entrance to the bathroom just randomly closed behind me.....
Judivarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:07 PM   #43
Vindicator51

Vindicator51's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The ending was scary..I'm never going to sleep again after i saw that.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:58 PM   #44
Baryonyx

Indigo Potato's Gamercard
The part where you find the swimming pool in the penthouse. When you step outside onto the balcony to discover that there is nothing outside, like literally nothing...no sky, no world outside...thats far more scary to comprehend than the other cheap thrills the game throws at you!

Call of Duty 4 - 1000/1000
Call of Duty 2 - 1000/1000

Baryonyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 06:36 PM   #45
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Yeah, the game wasn't scary to me. Whenever something "scary" was to happen, I knew at that point I wasn't able to be injured and should run towards it to further progress the game.

I think Condemned was a scarier game due to multiple jump scenes of angry people yelling at you and running from the shadows at you.

It was an underaverage FPS, not horrible but not good. I hate the level designers and their freaking pipes
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:49 AM   #46
norbucso

norbucso's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazerindemiX View Post
I'm only at level 9 but i have had no scary bit that "scared me" that was until the school yep defo 10/10 scaryness
Same thing with the ghosts. You can't really see where are they coming but that's all of scariness.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:18 PM   #47
A 2rue boofer
Banned User

A 2rue boofer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
In the school where all those ghosts and Alma would appear out of no where.
A 2rue boofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:21 PM   #48
FaTaL EFX

I think the problem with the game was simple. They didn't show off Alma's power like in the first game. She really just appeared, stared at you and left - you knew hat she wouldn't attack you and was therefore not a threat.

I also think theres something wrong with having a powerful gun in a horror game - the fact you can kill everything and your given the perfect tools for the job really takes away from the atmosphere - you, or at least I, didn't feel as though I was being hunted by Alma - add to the fact that half the missions seemed like filler (there was no real purpose) and you've got a poor atmosphere. Its a shame because the graphics and sound are superb but it falls back on cliches way to often for its own good.

The graphics were decent but the blood effect went incredibly over-the-top. It just broke the immersion. Finally, to top it all off - the demo ruined nearly all the potentially scary parts of the game anyway...

I don't remember even jumping...

Last edited by FaTaL EFX; 08-27-2009 at 09:23 PM.
FaTaL EFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 01:58 AM   #49
xih aceofspades

A rly creepy part for me was in the elementary school. It was the part when you were with your girl teammate (forgot her name) then you have a hallucination and appear seperated from her in alma's old classroom (speculation), or at least a different classroom then you were previously in. And on one of the walls you see a drawing alma made (still speculation) of herself and some other stuff. I know for a fact though that that is alma in the drawing though.
xih aceofspades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 02:05 AM   #50
Blessed Sin

Send a message via Yahoo to Blessed Sin Send a message via Skype™ to Blessed Sin

CulpaExMachina's Gamercard
The game wasn't scary at all really. only when the one test subject thing jumps at you for the first time. Nothing compared to some games. including the first. anyway I loved it when the test subject dragged that one guy away and then you turn the corner to see his head going around in the dryer

Blessed Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 05:34 AM   #51
Poida

Send a message via MSN to Poida Send a message via Yahoo to Poida

poida86's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baryonyx View Post
The part where you find the swimming pool in the penthouse. When you step outside onto the balcony to discover that there is nothing outside, like literally nothing...no sky, no world outside...thats far more scary to comprehend than the other cheap thrills the game throws at you!
Hehe yeah that bit was fucked up to say the least.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:16 PM   #52
TTD187

TTD187's Gamercard
I don't really remember what scared me the most about this game but around every corner I was thinking "What's around there? I'm too scared to find out, I'll go back and see if I missed something" I did jump a few times but people say the first one was scarier, I didn't really see that =/ it had atmosphere but I didn't feel it was that scary.

To all of you but Battlefield 3: F*** off!
TTD187 is offline   Reply With Quote