PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Half Life 2: The Orange Box
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-27-2011, 06:55 AM   #1
d0ct0rscarecr0w

d0ct0rscarecr0w's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
1k cap really shouldn't apply

I know all games are limited too a cap of 1000 gamerscore per game, but does that really apply here?
I mean technically this is five(three) games in one and making all of them put together 1000 is just insane.
d0ct0rscarecr0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:41 PM   #2
Catguns

KingMonsters's Gamercard
That fact there's 99 achievements doesn't help either.
Should be at least 1.5 imo
Catguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:27 PM   #3
Vault Lad

vault lad's Gamercard
2007 was a weird time. Most 1000 point games didn't even use 50 achievements, not a mind what Valve did.

It's going to be very interesting going forward, especially when it comes to EP3.
Can't see them justifying a full retail release for an episode. (Even EP1's boxed release on PC was significantly marked down)

Then again, it's very reasonable to think EP3 is much more than an "episode" at this point.

They could do that weird thing they did with Tomb Raider Anniversary though, by releasing it as DLC for Tomb Raider Legend. It would be very much in line with Valves "choice" mentality when it comes to purchasing stuff.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:10 PM   #4
Mister Lou

Mister Lou's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault Lad View Post
Then again, it's very reasonable to think EP3 is much more than an "episode" at this point.
I read that Newell has said Valve isn't releasing any more episodic content, so maybe that's a sign that HL3 will be pretty big on its own.

I do agree, from the 360's inception up until 2007/2008ish, devs (and Microsoft themselves) were still trying to figure out the best way to implement achievements. It feels like, for the most part, achievements are being used well, but I still could do without competitive online achievements (co-op is okay and more than welcome, in my book).

And I do agree with the OP's point, TOB should have been split up somehow. When you play the God of War collection on the PS3, it separates both games on your list with their own full sets of trophies. I almost feel like HL2 should have had a full 1k, while each of the other games in the Box had 200 each, or something like that.