PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > Virtua Tennis 2009
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-29-2009, 03:28 PM   #31
mark23

Givo85's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by cxr666 View Post
Great guide Is it possible to somehow boost this with a second controller???
Yes all chievos like 100 aces etc are boostable with a second controller.

mark23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:26 PM   #32
DirtyCop

DIRTY COPP's Gamercard
Question help - achievement glitch

Hi all
i just got to rank 1 in pro on world tour(god that took 4ever) and i did not get the achievement - despite it saying i am number 1 - and henman also confirms i'm number 1

any ideas?

Cheers

dirty copp
DirtyCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:32 PM   #33
DirtyCop

DIRTY COPP's Gamercard
More wo

And to add insult to injury i have maxed up the playing style bars for each of the three box's and all my playin styles havea + next to them but no achievement - god dam it man
Old 06-29-2009, 04:34 PM   #34
mark23

Givo85's Gamercard
Mine did'nt unlock as soon as i hit no.1 it was'nt untill after i played 1 tourney as no.1 that it unlocked for me so yours might to, also some people have had to wait till the first tourney of the next year to unlock it & some very very unlucky people have never got it to unlock, lets hope your not one of the latter.

Old 06-29-2009, 05:20 PM   #35
DirtyCop

DIRTY COPP's Gamercard
ta

cheers for taking the time - here is to hoping
Old 06-29-2009, 07:13 PM   #36
C0lourmegrey

C0lourmegrey's Gamercard
i would suggest going to SEGA HQ & inserting a tennis racket somewhere unpleasant on each & every one of the development team/testers.

C0lourmegrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:21 PM   #37
kissofdeath

k1ss0fd3af's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyCop View Post
And to add insult to injury i have maxed up the playing style bars for each of the three box's and all my playin styles havea + next to them but no achievement - god dam it man
yeh this is the same with me.. some people say i should keep clicking each style until it unlocks which will probably take ages
kissofdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 05:24 PM   #38
cxr666

cxr666's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark23 View Post
Yes all chievos like 100 aces etc are boostable with a second controller.
tyvm greatly appreicated
cxr666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 07:39 AM   #39
DirtyCop

DIRTY COPP's Gamercard
yeah - i got king the first year - then played another year and you play duke - (both easy the sharapova was a challange in the final)
Old 07-17-2009, 01:35 PM   #40
Sjaak NL

sjaak original's Gamercard
Can someone help me with Last Man Standing achievement. I play against everone but still no achievement. I did 1 game each round. Do i save each match??
And ho can you unlucked the special charaters?, is that still part of the achievement Last Man Standing??

Thanks
Sjaak NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:54 PM   #41
mark23

Givo85's Gamercard
Did you play Ferrero as he is on the end of the womens row & can be missed. Also default settings are meant to be 3 games per match but for some reason sometimes unlocks on only 1 game per match & for special charchters they have no bearing on this chievo, also heres how you unlock them.
Henman -Beat amateur & Pro academy in W/T.
Becker- Win arcade tourny.
Edberg- Win arcade doubles tourny.
Duke - Win the King of Players tourny in W/T mode.
King- Win the King of Players tourny in W/T mode again.

Old 07-18-2009, 08:22 AM   #42
Regor Ttenneb

Regor Ttenneb's Gamercard
Is this guide still being worked on?

Regor Ttenneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 01:09 AM   #43
SirCarlox1511

SirCarlox1511's Gamercard
Can anynone finish this please??

I need some tips for the Perfect Frame ach, i lost my hope with Coronation and You are Gold! achs ..

And i have another doubt, i have 47/50 achs and 925G, but i miss 3 achs: Coronation 30G, You are Gold! 30G and Perfect Frame ach 20G (accord to this http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g.../achievements/ ) , so.... the game has a total of 1005G???

SirCarlox1511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 05:13 PM   #44
mark23

Givo85's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCarlox1511 View Post

And i have another doubt, i have 47/50 achs and 925G, but i miss 3 achs: Coronation 30G, You are Gold! 30G and Perfect Frame ach 20G (accord to this http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g.../achievements/ ) , so.... the game has a total of 1005G???
Gold Medalist is only worth 25G not 30G which in my book is the biggest joke for a single achievement score so far as theirs so much to do, i mean 500 plus matches & events ONLINE is a joke with all the cheats & not to mention the damn thing can't tell whether you won or lost some times.

Old 07-20-2009, 11:59 PM   #45
SirCarlox1511

SirCarlox1511's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark23 View Post
Gold Medalist is only worth 25G not 30G which in my book is the biggest joke for a single achievement score so far as theirs so much to do, i mean 500 plus matches & events ONLINE is a joke with all the cheats & not to mention the damn thing can't tell whether you won or lost some times.
Yeah.
And for the online matches, count the matches with a friend online right??

Because I want to find someone to complete all the reqs for that ach.

Last edited by SirCarlox1511; 07-21-2009 at 12:01 AM.
SirCarlox1511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:31 AM   #46
Wekker

You will get selected for Davis CUp or Fed Cup when you are no 75 of the world in pro-tour
Wekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 02:51 PM   #47
TJGamer360

TJGamer360's Gamercard
Okay guys I'm now on a break from school so I am updating the guide as we speek. Sorry for the huge delay. :P

TJGamer360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 03:45 PM   #48
TJGamer360

TJGamer360's Gamercard
Secret Achievements
I am posting the Secret Achievements here as I have exceeded the character limit on the first posts of the topic.

---

To be this good takes AGES10 Score an Ace with an Underhand Serve.

Fairly difficult, but should be possible on Very Easy difficulty. To perform and underhand serve, hold down on the left stick and hold while serving. The longer you hold, the further down the net the ball will travel, so it is fairly easy to fault these. You want to hold the 2 for about half a second so the ball just makes it over the net. This may be glitched, as some have reported that you can get this by double faulting while playing online. This can be obtained easier playing with a friend, and you can also set up a 2 player match with you controlling both players.

Block and Roll 20
Clear a 15 block combo in Blockbuster

Play the 'Block Buster' minigame in World Tour or through 'Play' mode and try to eliminate certain blocks so that colours join up to form one block. Break this block and if it is big enough you will get a combo.

Ham and Eggs 20
Bowl a Turkey on level 6 or above of Pin Crusher

Must be done in World Tour. Play 'Pin Crusher' and make sure the difficulty is level 6. Try and aim your serve and get 3 strikes in a row (known as a 'turkey')

Dr Doolittle 20
Feed all types of animal in a single game of Zoo feeder.

Play the 'Zoo Feeder' minigame in Play Mode. As the minigame progresses more animals will begin to appear. Just hit each animal a piece of food.
There are a total of 8 animals:
Elephant
Zebra
Hippo
Gorilla
Giraffe
Lion
Penguin
Panda

Cherry Picker 20
Collect 10 cherries in a single game of Avalanche.

Play the 'Avalanche' minigame from Play Mode. As the minigame goes on, various different fruits will appear worth a certain amount of points. Every now and then a cherry will roll towards you. Simply collect 10 before the time runs out to unlock.

Arrrrrrr! 20
Sink 3 galleons in a single game of Pirate Wars

Play 'Pirate Wars' from Play Mode (can't be unlocked via World Tour). During the game, once you reach about 5000 points, galleons will start to appear. These are extremely difficult to sink and you need a good amount of skill to unlock this achievement.

Perfect Frame 20
Clear the table of balls in order without missing in pot shot

Must be done in Play Mode. Play the 'Pot Shot' minigame. To get this, you have to pot every ball in order one after the other. Very difficult. The order in which you must pot the balls is:
Yellow
Blue
Red
Purple
Orange
Green
Brown
Black
White (with yellow strip).

You can use combos to get this achievement but you MUST finish with the same amount of shots you started the level with.

To Look this good takes SEGA 20
Play a game in the complete SEGA outfit

The Sega Outfit is unlocked when you reach Rank 1 in the Pro section of World Tour. Equip each item of clothing, and then play a match wearing it. If you can't get this achievement, try this method.

From 'Mark23':
"For the to look this good takes sega chievo remove the update & it will unlock upon completion of first match. Also To remove update go to system settings then memory then press y & input this code X,X,LB,RB,X,X,."

Them Bones 20
Play the Meat Defender training game wearing the full Skeleton costume

Similar to the above achievement. The Skeleton Costume becomes available after beating level 8 of 'Meat Defender', equip each item in the set and then start a game of 'Meat Defender'.

Coronation 20
Win King of Players tournament in World Tour

Apparently this achievement is glitched and will not unlock for anybody.

---
And there you go. I am aware this may need more info so PLEASE post any changes that haven't been made in the updated guide. For the main achievements, see the first page.

Last edited by TJGamer360; 07-30-2009 at 05:12 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:49 PM   #49
mark23

Givo85's Gamercard
Ah finally your back your back i was thinking you'd never finish this guide, thanks for coming back but if i am being honest the descriptions are very bland & look rushed, but hey i am going to try & help you out a bit with some useful info.

To be this good takes AGES10 Score an Ace with an Underhand Serve.
Not much wrong with this but you should mention that you can do with 2 controllers & online if you get somebody to help you out.

Dr Doolittle 20
Feed all types of animal in a single game of Zoo feeder.
This can also be done in play mode. Also heres all the animals you need to feed. Thanks to wii60own for this.
There are a total of 8 animals
Elephant
Zebra
Hippo
Gorilla
Giraffe
Lion
Penguin
Panda

Cherry Picker 20
Collect 10 cherries in a single game of Avalanche
This one i have some beef with because it has to be done in playmode only which does'nt have levels making your descreption wrong. Aslo should add that this can take upto 10-15 minutes so you'll have to have good concentration.

Arrrrrrr! 20
Sink 3 galleons in a single game of Pirate Wars
Sorry mate but the descreption is just bad, okay first off you should put has to be done in playmode & secondly being a bit more descpretive that the galleons don't start appearing till around the 5000 point mark, oh & another thing should add that in terms of skill this is the most diffucult achievement in the game.

Perfect Frame 20
Clear the table of balls in order without missing in pot shot
Not bad but once again it has to be done in play mode not W/T, another thing is that you say you can look up order of colours online well for me thats just not good enough mate, its your responsability as the guide maker to provide this info otherwise whats the point in people coming to your guide for help, anyway so you don't break a nail heres the order
1-yellow
2-blue
3-red
4-purple
5-orange
6-green
7-brown
8-black
9-white with yellow strip
Also combos are allowed in order to clear table & that you MUST finish with the amount of shots you started the level with.

To Look this good takes SEGA 20
Play a game in the complete SEGA outfit
The sega outfit becomes availble when you hit No.1 in Pro tour.

Them Bones 20
Play the Meat Defender training game wearing the full Skeleton costume.
The full costume becomes availble when you beat meat defender level 8.

Hope these can help you out & please don't take any of it the wrong way its called constructive criticism.

Last edited by mark23; 07-30-2009 at 04:58 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:59 PM   #50
TJGamer360

TJGamer360's Gamercard
Lol nah nah completely understand, you are helping me out a lot with this guide! I'll make the adjustments now.

EDIT: Okay, updated. I am also going to go back to the start, go through each achievement and update the descriptions to make them more detailed.

Last edited by TJGamer360; 07-30-2009 at 05:13 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:50 PM   #51
mark23

Givo85's Gamercard
Nice one the descriptions are better now & with a few tweaks to other parts the guide will be ready to submit for the main site guide. As of tweaks a couple of things need changing-

Loving It15 Achieve 25 Love Games
Play 25 games without losing a game(i.e. 0-40)
any points

& also for the beating a level 8 mini game i would suggest changing to pirate wars as it is very easy even on level 8.

Old 07-30-2009, 06:26 PM   #52
TJGamer360

TJGamer360's Gamercard
I am now going through updating all the descriptions. I had done the whole first post but it didn't save for some reason. Oh well. The whole thing should be done in about 3 hours. I have some other things to do first.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:12 PM   #53
adbailey18

oOo MR B oOo's Gamercard
Hi, wondering if you could give me some advise plssss!

In the academy challenges, i have gold on all except 1 in 'groundstrokes', 'hit a winner with a cross-court shot'. I've only ever managed to hit 1 to land me bronze.

It seems as tho all the returns i get come to the centre of the court giving me no possibility to hit a cross-court winner!!! Do you have any tips that i can try?

Would be much appreciated. Thx.

**Update, no worries i've managed it by going up to the net and volleying!

Last edited by adbailey18; 09-03-2009 at 01:32 PM.
adbailey18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 09:08 AM   #54
Meier

abellwillring's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friks View Post

U Dont need to become the number 1 in Amateur , u just need to win the last tournament 1-8 , and this is where the problem happned also to me .

Be sure to go number 1 on amateur so u can unlock 30G , if u accept after winning the tournament an u are not in 1st say bye bye to 30G and to 10 Hours of your life !! ( yup never gonna get that 30g back )

Nice guide bro
I wish this was true.. I was #1 going in, won the doubles and singles.. went Pro thinking it would unlock then but it didn't. Was more like 14 or 15 for me. What a piece of shit.
Meier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:16 PM   #55
mott1993

mott1993's Gamercard
Out of curiosity, how do I unlock Pin Crusher in World Tour?

mott1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:34 AM   #56
adbailey18

oOo MR B oOo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mott1993 View Post
Out of curiosity, how do I unlock Pin Crusher in World Tour?
Make sure you have completed at least level 4 in any available mini game, this should unlock any you havn't yet.

Other than that I dont know, lol.
adbailey18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:33 PM   #57
mikeeeeeeeee124
Banned User

mikeeeeeeeee124's Gamercard
man... this is the ugliest guide ive ever seen on this x360a... some one please clean this up!
mikeeeeeeeee124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 07:11 PM   #58
Jedi sy

JEDI SY's Gamercard
Good guide
Jedi sy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:02 PM   #59
kitch36

Quote:
Originally Posted by wii60own View Post
i was thinking of some sort of way of boosting the 50 drop shots, 50 lob shots, 100 aces etc. could you go online with friend and get it to deuce and then shay i am serving the other guy leaves it therefore getting ace then it will be advantage to me, then when i serve it next the other guy just does a lob shot an i leave it making it back to deuce, just rinse and repeat and you could get them achievements.

Thats if it counts when you play online.
I think it does, it counts when you do all these on local 2 player so i would assume it counts if you go online!
kitch36 is offline   Reply With Quote