Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-05-2011, 04:25 PM   #1
saintchuckles

Kudos McGee's Gamercard
Only an Adequate Gamer

I really like to play games. I typically find myself thinking I'm pretty good at these games (unless it's a fighting game). And then I play the multiplayer part of the game.

I'm not horrible. I can usually even hold my own in deathmatches. The only times I get last place are when it's the first time I've played the game, or a particular map, online. Then I get slaughtered. But I'm okay with that.

What is disappointing though, is when I'm on a team, and I'm having an off-round. I've found that my own teammates just rip into me with insults about how I'm the worst player ever to play, or that I'm the reason we're losing. I'm not that bad! Obviously, our team's loss couldn't have anything to do with the other team being better.

So I'm making this proclamation: I'm an adequate gamer, and I am proud. Quit raining on my parade.
saintchuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 04:32 PM   #2
TheRealBr1ghtShadow

Br1ghtShadow's Gamercard
Bro, everybody has bad games. I myself love shooters, but am better suited behind the wheel or in a fistfight. Find your favorite type of game. You can't be good at everything. (Unless your asian.)
Interested in boosting? Message me on XBL - Br1ghtShadow
TheRealBr1ghtShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:50 AM   #3
Burning Karma

Send a message via MSN to Burning Karma

Burning Karma's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
That's Xbox Live for you. The sooner you learn to ignore randoms, the better off you'll be.

"Lived, lives, will live."
"Died, dies, will die."
Burning Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:31 AM   #4
GrimSovereignty

Send a message via Skype™ to GrimSovereignty

GrimSovereignty's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Don't worry about what everyone else has to say, everyone has those days when nothing goes right.
Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision? - Huey Freeman

GrimSovereignty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:39 AM   #5
cHRiSCOe

Chriscoe's Gamercard
That's why half the time I don't even have my mic in
cHRiSCOe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 06:01 AM   #6
cutchinz

cutchin43's Gamercard
Ya just don't listen to those people, they're no fun And ya like the shadow said just try to find your best type of game, that way when you're playing that and you're really good you can insult the worse people
cutchinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:08 PM   #7
Arduous Wolf

Arduous Wolf's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintchuckles View Post
So I'm making this proclamation: I'm an adequate gamer, and I am proud. Quit raining on my parade.
Hear, Hear!

I play games for fun and like to experience as many as possible. As such if I can chose difficulties and it doesn't effect achievements then I will often play on easy so that I can play it and enjoy it without frustration and then move on to the next.

I get absolutely whipped whenever I go on line but I don't mind. As long as I'm playing with pleasant people and can have a laugh while I play I still enjoy it. Whenever its a team game I remember to keep my head down and follow the advice of my more skilled team-mates. Most players will help you out and protect you if you don't rush in all guns blazing. If they still get pissy with you when you are doing everything they say then they really are just trying to find a scapegoat for their own inadequacies.

Last edited by Arduous Wolf; 06-06-2011 at 12:10 PM.
Arduous Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:54 PM   #8
KeepEmRolling

KeepEmRolling's Gamercard

As long as you're having fun, it doesn't really matter what other people say. If you play with randoms, you're going to have someone who's better than you, and will let you know it, on occasion.

Develop a good friend's list with people who are fun to play with, and have alot of the games you do.
KeepEmRolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:04 PM   #9
Xerofox
were given today

Send a message via Skype™ to Xerofox

Xerofox's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Artist of the Month   Staff Club - Xerofox   SOTF Winner   Staff - Graphics Team   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
It doesn't matter, if you suck during a round they flame you for losing the match and if you are the best player they've ever seen they'll flame you for cheating.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:10 PM   #10
French_Kid

Decepticog72283's Gamercard

I am an adequate gamer as well.

I used to be pretty good at fightint games...but for some reason...I am absolutely terrible now at them lol.

Any sort of shooters are way different on campaign vs MP...I get owned like there is no tomorrow lol

sig by Refined Suicide

custom lancer skins by me!
BETA Tested: Gears of War 3, Gotham City Impostors, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Hybrid and World of Tanks
French_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:18 PM   #11
ZEX NITROUS

I've always been good at multiplayer games, probably because all i used to play is shooters online, starting with halo 2 back on the original xbox but now im getting into offline games more and more. Doesn't matter if you're not that good as long as you're having fun, just mute the douchbags.

ZEX NITROUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:54 PM   #12
Illicit

illicitsoc's Gamercard
Quote:
I really like to play games. I typically find myself thinking I'm pretty good at these games (unless it's a fighting game). And then I play the multiplayer part of the game.

I'm not horrible. I can usually even hold my own in deathmatches. The only times I get last place are when it's the first time I've played the game, or a particular map, online. Then I get slaughtered. But I'm okay with that.

What is disappointing though, is when I'm on a team, and I'm having an off-round. I've found that my own teammates just rip into me with insults about how I'm the worst player ever to play, or that I'm the reason we're losing. I'm not that bad! Obviously, our team's loss couldn't have anything to do with the other team being better.

Don't pay any attention to them. Half of them live on there anyway.
Mostly I avoid multiplayer because I think it's boring and doesn't have anything to keep me going (you know, a story...even a bad story can keep me interested...something to follow) but if for some weird reason I decide to play MP I just mute or join a party by myself before I go in there (unless its co-op stuff where you need to hear each other, then I play with friends only). That way not only do you not have to deal with the people who take it way too seriously and also you don't have to hear the 12 year olds with those nail-on-a chalkboard voices screaming at you.

Campaign and mp are very different, I have a couple friends that do really well in multiplayer but for some reason if you throw them in a campaign on the hardest difficulty they just can't do it...and the other way around also.
Illicit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:20 PM   #13
rob magic

rob magic's Gamercard
Im the same. I get my arse handed to me usually on any cod game. Its all about fun at the end of the day. I only allow friends to chat to me so I dont have to listen to the annoying 12 year olds on cod.
rob magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:37 PM   #14
PyreBall

Send a message via AIM to PyreBall Send a message via MSN to PyreBall Send a message via Yahoo to PyreBall

Biggreen719's Gamercard

I love fighters and shooters, too. And believe me, I know about having a bad game. Like you, I'm particularly bad if I'm new to a game and I have certain maps that I'm just no good on. What's funny is I've been on the opposite end of the spectrum, too. In Halo Reach there's an achievement for reaching the Lt. Colonel rank. It took a while even with bonuses from challenges, but I'd go on streaks where I'd just be insane each game and my team mates would try to party up with me. I don't have those often but when I do it's a really gratifying experience and it helps me forget those bad games.
Soul Calibur IV, Soul Calibur V, Tekken 6, Super Street Fighter IV, MvC3, Puzzle Quest, Halo: Reach, Madden 10, Left 4 Dead 2, Borderlands, Gears of War 3,, Modern Warfare 3, Rock Band, MvC2, Battlefield 1943, Castle Crashers
PyreBall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:46 PM   #15
Auto Effect

Auto Effect's Gamercard
I am with you on that one. I am a fair player. Not the best by any means but, i am pretty damn good at shooting games, and sometimes i do play shockingly bad... There is no need to slate at that stage.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:30 PM   #16
nufcneilo

NufcNeilo's Gamercard
There are a lot of hardcore people out there who love berating people for no reason whatsoever, and seem to have to make themselves appear better. Even though we know they're quite clearly not.

Quote:
If it's okay with you, I'd love to use this quote in my signature! lol

Y-O-U- ' -R-E means YOU ARE.
Y-O-U-R means YOUR!

Words are never pluralised with apostrophes. Never, EVER.

Quote:
nufcneilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:39 PM   #17
Jellybean468

godsandm0nsters's Gamercard

Multiplayer games hate me. Take Crysis 2 for example. Free for All games I almost always place top, yet when I play with friends in Team Instant Action I fail. Even playing Team Instant Action on my own I normally MVP. I don't even know my own skill haha

Deus Ex Achievement Guide | xbox.com
Retail Completions: 38 | Arcade Completions: 15
Seriously 3.0: Total Onyx Medals - 24/65 | Level 86
Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed III, Borderlands 2
Jellybean468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:50 PM   #18
ghosthawx

ghosthawx6's Gamercard
;D I do agree. I'm not the best but I'm not bad either and if I haven't played in a few days I completely suck. People who yell at others for being bad need to take a dose of cyanide and calm the hell down. It's not a real war/fight/race/etc. so there's no need to get pissy over it.

c: I agree that it is quite nice as well to find that extremely rare group of players that are pretty evenly matched and pretty nice to each other. It makes the experience more fun than having a group of ghetto wannabes and 11 year old kids cussing you out.
ghosthawx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:44 AM   #19
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Meh, people will always find something to complain about if something doesn't happen exactly the way they want it to. Especially over a microphone because then they're not saying to your face. I guarantee most of those people wouldn't say anything offensive to someone that they don't even know to their face