PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > L.A. Noire
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-07-2011, 04:04 AM   #61
DENAz666

denaz666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiigarian View Post
However, the only one I haven't manage to get this way is the Packard Custom, so I had to replay "The Gas Man" to get it. I'm not sure whether it's only this car, or whether it's because it was my last car, but I simply couldn't get it, not even with this nifty lil' trick.
That car is very tricky. It basically disapears if you jump in it straight away. It should be in the car park when you first get there, when you first look at it... don't take your screen off it, because if you look away it will disapear. Had that happen to me a few times... was driving me insane! :P

Aussie Xbox Ambassador & Community Xpert
DENAz666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:48 AM   #62
StoneSour Ninja

StoneSour Ninja's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiigarian View Post
This approach is working like a charm - out of 10 tries, I got 3 out of 4 cars that I have been searching for the past few days.

However, the only one I haven't manage to get this way is the Packard Custom, so I had to replay "The Gas Man" to get it. I'm not sure whether it's only this car, or whether it's because it was my last car, but I simply couldn't get it, not even with this nifty lil' trick.

However, the last few that I was missing, I found using this system - so, tnx a lot man, and this works all the way!
Whenever i try this it dont always work, I nearly gave up and tried it on Traffic free roam and i got one

So if you cant get it on homicide free roams try the rest
StoneSour Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:13 PM   #63
sheem

Send a message via AIM to sheem Send a message via Yahoo to sheem

IIII SHEEM IIII's Gamercard
thank u so much
sheem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:27 PM   #64
Hiigarian

Otseg0's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DENAz666 View Post
That car is very tricky. It basically disapears if you jump in it straight away. It should be in the car park when you first get there, when you first look at it... don't take your screen off it, because if you look away it will disapear. Had that happen to me a few times... was driving me insane! :P
It really is. The aforementioned trick didn't work on it AT ALL, so I had to replay The Gas Man to get it - luckily, it was really there in the InstaHeat parking lot, right after the cutscene. And yes, you're right, I lost two cars that way - I've seen the Nash super 600 pass me by, and by the time I managed to do a 180-turn and hit the pedal, the car was gone. Thank you, you lame pop-up, thank you so freakin' much.

But hey, now I have them all, just like Pokemons! xP

And I really hate this Rockstar's random-appearance algorithm for cars that they have been using since GTA III, I believe. Goddammit, it shouldn't be too freakin' hard to just make a fixed location for each car, just so you don't spend ages looking for that last one and growing grey hairs while looking for that last achievement. >_>

100% Retail: 3 // 100% Arcade: 1 // 100% WP7: 4
Hiigarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:20 PM   #65
The Dutch Pinyo

The Dutch Pinyo's Gamercard
Where can I find the police version of the Chevrolet Fleetmaster 2dr

I
know Jack Kelso drives one but it doesn't track that for me. I think Cole has to drive it, but I cant find the damn car. Its my last one. If someone knows where to find it please let me know!
The Dutch Pinyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:15 PM   #66
thepaxman

br34thedyn4m1te's Gamercard
Studabaker Commander

Can't find it anywhere.

Edit - Post and spawn!

Last edited by thepaxman; 06-07-2011 at 09:17 PM.
thepaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:11 AM   #67
ni9ht_5ta1k3r

The Gh0sts's Gamercard
I am only missing these 8 cars:

2-Door: #10 - Buick Custom, #13 - Packard Custom
Service: #7 - Nash Deluxe 600 Army, #9 Buick Ambulance, #10 Chevrolet Tow Truck, #12 Dodge Fuel Truck, #14 - International Metro KB1M, #17 - Heil Colecto-Pak

anyone know where i can find them without having to start a case?
Old 06-08-2011, 02:42 AM   #68
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ni9ht_5ta1k3r View Post
2-Door: #10 - Buick Custom, #13 - Packard Custom
Service: #7 - Nash Deluxe 600 Army, #9 Buick Ambulance, #10 Chevrolet Tow Truck, #12 Dodge Fuel Truck, #14 - International Metro KB1M, #17 - Heil Colecto-Pak
Buick Custom - This can be difficult to find parked anywhere and the case "The Set Up" is an easy place to find it. Once the case starts and you can freely move, turn away from the manager banging on the door and just go to the parking lot. The vehicle will be right outside the front doors to the left and will have a white roof. (Possibly) found in the Boxing Stadium parking lot on Gower near Selma.

Packard Custom - It's easily found by starting the Street Crime "Hot Property" under the Arson Desk. Immediately after the car chase starts a civilian motorist will spin sideways in the roadway. The civilian's vehicle that spins sideways is a Packard Custom. (Possibly) found in the InstaHeat Factory parking lot during "The Gas Man."

Nash Deluxe 600 Army - Found between Olympic and 7th in a military installation to the East of the Los Angeles River near the Packard Clipper Eight 4-door. (Possibly) found at Hughes Airplane Company on 813 Van Ness (Southwest most part of the map).

Buick Ambulance - It's located in the parking lot at the Good Samaritan Hospital between 6th and Wilshire just to the West of Lucas.

Chevrolet Tow Truck - The area below "Wilshire" on the map on 3rd, 4th, and 5th are good places to see this driving around. There are many of these driving around the Demolished Elysian Fields house in "House of Sticks." Look near 1st and Normandie. They also frequent McArthur Park.

Dodge Fuel Truck - The area below "Wilshire" on the map on 3rd, 4th, and 5th are good places to see this driving around. (Reported as) often seen driving around where 3rd, 4th, and Alameda meet in the South Central Division 1 area. Found in "A Different Kind of War" in the Rapid Exterminators parking lot.

International Metro KB1M - I found this in Wilshire driving around on Beverly near Catalina. These regularly drive around during daylight hours in Wilshire and can be difficult to find at night. (Possibly) found around the streets near the garage where Hidden Vehicle "Chrysler Woody hides. This is south Wilshire where Vermont turns into 8th.

Heil Colecto-Pack - This is simply an off white colored garbage truck and can be somewhat difficult to find. It is best to find it driving around the streets and if you look downtown around 4th and Spring you can usually see them driving around. (Possibly) also found around the Mayfair Hotel Landmark. One definately found in the alley where you chase Eli Rooney during "The Golden Butterfly."

SOURCE
Latest arcade completion: The Wolf Among Us

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 04:37 AM   #69
vetteindreams

Vetteindreams77's Gamercard
thanks for the pictures of the two customs McG - now i at least know what they look like

probably driven past them without realising, yep i'd do that
vetteindreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 05:17 AM   #70
ni9ht_5ta1k3r

The Gh0sts's Gamercard
thanks McG will give those locations a try once i get the remaining film reels out of the way.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:42 AM   #71
Hiigarian

Otseg0's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGoogles View Post

Packard Custom - It's easily found by starting the Street Crime "Hot Property" under the Arson Desk. Immediately after the car chase starts a civilian motorist will spin sideways in the roadway. The civilian's vehicle that spins sideways is a Packard Custom. (Possibly) found in the InstaHeat Factory parking lot during "The Gas Man."

I've found the Packard Custom in the InstaHeat Factory parking lot during "The Gas Man" Arson case, so you can find it there, 100%.

Quote:
Heil Colecto-Pack - This is simply an off white colored garbage truck and can be somewhat difficult to find. It is best to find it driving around the streets and if you look downtown around 4th and Spring you can usually see them driving around. (Possibly) also found around the Mayfair Hotel Landmark. One definately found in the alley where you chase Eli Rooney during "The Golden Butterfly."

SOURCE
Try looking for this one in the far east, industrial part of town. Just drive around the Los Angeles avenue next to the river, and when you see KB trucks all around, just go round these blocks, and if you have some luck, you'll probably see one of these cruisin' around.

Old 06-08-2011, 10:02 PM   #72
thepaxman

Ah man, I need the Tow Truck, KBM1 and Colecto Pack... I've seen loads of KBM1s and I found a Colecto Pack which you can't get in, annoying. Haven't seen a Tow Truck in ages though.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:11 AM   #73
sheem

Send a message via AIM to sheem Send a message via Yahoo to sheem

IIII SHEEM IIII's Gamercard
sports 3. Mercury Custom cant find it anywhere silk stocking murder it didnt count green one parked in the back
sheem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:27 AM   #74
SO CO PO PO

SO CO PO PO's Gamercard
Mercury Custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheem View Post
sports 3. Mercury Custom cant find it anywhere silk stocking murder it didnt count green one parked in the back
I found this on Santa Fe street just north east of the 4th street bridge on a parking lot. I used Free Roam in the Homicide folder (disc 2)
Old 06-09-2011, 05:03 AM   #75
drm309

#11 Ford 2 door convertible

I've tried the parking lot in the north west area of Hollywood, tried to find it behind the numbers building in the "black caesar" case, and drove around 9th ave and cannot find this car at all. Did the glitch thing to get a lot of cars, but this car especially will not appear even after many tries.

It's my last one....help???
drm309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:54 PM   #76
Hawt Bod

Hawt Bod's Gamercard
They made this way to complicated
Hawt Bod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:09 PM   #77
thepaxman

Right, getting my last 4 now and following a youtube comment I've found the KBM1 and KB5 straight away.

On the map look at the top of LA River. To the left of the second bridge there's a kind of seperate area and the road has lines across it like a train track (it's actually a dirt track around a load of electricity pylons). I found these two right there.

Now to find the garbage truck and tow truck!
Old 06-09-2011, 05:37 PM   #78
thepaxman

Garbage and Tow Trucks found! It seems speeding around roads (as opposed to crawling and looking real hard) surrounding the Mayfair Hotel and MacArthur Park respectively caused these to spawn within 30 seconds! Done.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:16 AM   #79
SaintBrosephus

NoodyMagzineDay's Gamercard
Wicked Nice. Thanks to everyone droppin the science!
SaintBrosephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:57 AM   #80
el_pieablo

el pieablo's Gamercard
I can confirm that the car spawn method works

On the menu screen, highlight your shaded out car that your looking for, press blue x button on your controller (a couple of times to be sure) Press red B button twice then got to cases, free roam homicide. The car should be either driving around as soon as you appear you in the car park across.

Might be best if you see a pic of the car your looking for so you can recognise it.
It worked for me on 4D 1,2,7 and 16 also 2D 24.

I found my last car Ser 14 in a location mentioned in the guide, near the Chevvy woody but drive around the main road to find it.

100K GS 10.06.2011(uk) - Old School - Saw 2: Flesh and Blood

el_pieablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 06:39 PM   #81
rbm92

METAL FIST DOOM's Gamercard
The only car I need to find is the Mercury Custom:

Sport
3. Mercury Custom
Location: East Downtown. Parked Behind the Maldonado Residence in "The Silk Stocking Murder."

When I went to the back of the Maldonado Residence, there was a Frazer Manhattan parked there. Any suggestions?

EDIT:

I found it, follow this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SO CO PO PO View Post
I found this on Santa Fe street just north east of the 4th street bridge on a parking lot. I used Free Roam in the Homicide folder (disc 2)

Last edited by rbm92; 06-10-2011 at 06:46 PM.
rbm92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:53 PM   #82
DarkCreations

DarkCreations's Gamercard
2-Door
Ford Convertible

Sports
Lincoln Model K Convertible Roadster

Service
Chevrolet Tow Truck
Heli Colecto-Pak

Tried everything for these but they just won't show, i've been driving around the Demolished Elysian House in House of Sticks for about 10 minutes and it hasn't shown.

I can get the Heli Colecto-Pak in the case, but it didn't save the first time so i'll more than likely do this last unless it can be found easily in Free-Roam.

Also i've tried the Showroom -> Press A -> Homicide Case Free Roam for my last 2- door and it won't show in that trick.

DarkCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:11 AM   #83
el_pieablo

el pieablo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCreations View Post
2-Door
Ford Convertible

Sports
Lincoln Model K Convertible Roadster

Service
Chevrolet Tow Truck
Heli Colecto-Pak

Tried everything for these but they just won't show, i've been driving around the Demolished Elysian House in House of Sticks for about 10 minutes and it hasn't shown.

I can get the Heli Colecto-Pak in the case, but it didn't save the first time so i'll more than likely do this last unless it can be found easily in Free-Roam.

Also i've tried the Showroom -> Press A -> Homicide Case Free Roam for my last 2- door and it won't show in that trick.
for your car spawn problem in LA Noire you should do the following

You mentioned that you have been pressing A button

Highlight the blacked out car you need and press the x button(blue) a couple of times to be sure, then back out using red b button to go back to the select menu, head to cases then free roam homicide, worked for me for 5 cars.

Have a picture of the car you need so that you can easily spot it when you start. this trick worked for all my normal cars needed, but not the service cars. That would be 2d,4d and sports I assume as I only had to get 4d and 2d.

Hope it works

Also for the tow truck, I found in MacArthur Park area after a couple mins of driving round the park, also for the Colecto Pak I found this just driving around, try the industrial area during the day

100K GS 10.06.2011(uk) - Old School - Saw 2: Flesh and Blood

Last edited by el_pieablo; 06-11-2011 at 09:14 AM.
el_pieablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 05:15 PM   #84
APlaguedSoul

APlaguedSoul's Gamercard
I for the life of me, can not find the #18 service International KB8, can anyone help me? someone please tell me where in the world is east downtown??
APlaguedSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:04 PM   #85
DarkCreations

DarkCreations's Gamercard
Thanks for the help, down to my last car now, but i literally cannot find it and i've tried all solutions.

The 2 door; Ford Convertible.

Any sure fire places or a specific route i could follow?

This would have been so much easier if you could use KGBL to send out a message to track down the car for you, then you would just need to get on route and find it.

DarkCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 12:07 AM   #86
Hiigarian

Otseg0's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by APlaguedSoul View Post
I for the life of me, can not find the #18 service International KB8, can anyone help me? someone please tell me where in the world is east downtown??
Eastern part of the map (to your right), look for the two bridges that go over the Los Angeles River - right next to it is the Santa Fe Avenue, and furthermore to your left are Alameda and Central streets. Drive around these two streets and their surrounding blocks, and you should see one of those trucks going down the streets, or being parked on the parking lots in the area.

Last edited by Hiigarian; 06-12-2011 at 12:16 AM.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:59 AM   #87
Xylon Uxkid

Xylon Uxkid's Gamercard
I cant find Studebaker Commander (Civilian) (2-Door 25/25). Any tips or suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:26 AM   #88
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylon Uxkid View Post
I cant find Studebaker Commander (Civilian) (2-Door 25/25). Any tips or suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Since it's a 2-door, THIS method should work.
Latest arcade completion: The Wolf Among Us

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:40 PM   #89
DomLando

DomLando's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCreations View Post
Thanks for the help, down to my last car now, but i literally cannot find it and i've tried all solutions.

The 2 door; Ford Convertible.

Any sure fire places or a specific route i could follow?

This would have been so much easier if you could use KGBL to send out a message to track down the car for you, then you would just need to get on route and find it.

This is the last car I need as well and I cannot seem to get it to spawn..
Old 06-14-2011, 06:04 AM   #90
obsessedfoxxie

ObsessedFOXIE's Gamercard
wicked last car lookin hours c this it there 1st time perfect