Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Shank
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-26-2010, 06:55 PM   #1
Six to Eight

Six to Eight's Gamercard
Hard is hard.

Anyone else playing on Hard yet? I wasn't sure I'd post this, because I wasn't sure if it truly was that hard...

Then I looked at the leaderboards and saw only one person had completed hard.

Yea hard is kinda hard...
Six to Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:57 PM   #2
mikemc

mcfly800's Gamercard
lol..hard is hard...thanks for the "deep" insight! lol

"People will be more persuaded by the depth of your convictions than the height of your logic."
mikemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:07 PM   #3
Kinjin

KinjinZero's Gamercard
No checkpoints + harder enemies makes these long levels brutal, lol. Nothing like getting right to the end of a level then having a guy get a lucky shot on you... back to the beginning!
Kinjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:11 PM   #4
xDamn3Dx

xDamn3Dx's Gamercard
I passed the game on Hard. And got all the achievements in Shank.
It's really HARD! REALLY!
xDamn3Dx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:46 PM   #5
XBL Unreal

XBL Unreal's Gamercard
I have died a couple of times on normal. lol
XBL Unreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:06 AM   #6
jeffy x360a

jeffy x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
yes its tough. i finished qith 5 hrs 20 mins or so i cant rem the exact time. the hardest levels for me was the 3rd and 4th area right before the av truck boss. i actually had a bit of trouble on fertile grounds also the second to last stage. theres a part where a guy would shoot me and knock me in a hole every time lol. i replayed the stage on normal so i could checkpoint to find a way around it. honestly i think the only difference between normal and hard is you take more damage. most normal enemies required the same amount of hits on normal as they did on hard.

just be patient and you will prevail.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:41 PM   #7
Bantha Rawk

Bantha Rawk's Gamercard
Yes Hard is Hard, but only because of "No Checkpoints!" It is not impossible, and I am working through it right now, just take your time, block a lot and know how to beat the bosses and you should be able to do it.

I've played through on Normal so I know my way, hopefully I'll complete Hard this weekend...
Bantha Rawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:30 AM   #8
XBL Unreal

XBL Unreal's Gamercard
If you die on the boss do you start from the begining or just the start of the boss stage? Oh and do you have to open up the weapons again?
Old 08-28-2010, 04:49 AM   #9
smeagol350

Em Joker's Gamercard
its fu**ing rediculous,i can not beat bad confessions,everyrthing else was easy but i have been on this level for probably 10 hours please somebody help me before i fu**ing break my xbox,i wouldnt honestly do that but i am really getting pissed
smeagol350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:25 AM   #10
XBL Unreal

XBL Unreal's Gamercard
I am having all kinds of problems on hard. Wow is this game hard. Nothing like making it almost to the end of a level to have to start over again.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:56 PM   #11
Bantha Rawk

Bantha Rawk's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeagol350 View Post
its fu**ing rediculous,i can not beat bad confessions,everyrthing else was easy but i have been on this level for probably 10 hours please somebody help me before i fu**ing break my xbox,i wouldnt honestly do that but i am really getting pissed
Yes, bad confessions was the toughest for me as well, but I eventually got through it. I had it pretty much memorized! Ok, so once you get to the part with the rockets, move slowly using block to Dodge back and forth. Let the rockets take out most enemies and pounce on other enemies in between rocket blasts. Slowly climb the walls and wait towards the top til there is a gap between blasts. When you get to the covered towers, there will be a short barrage of rockets so wait undercover until that passes then continue on. Use grenades on groups if u have them. Also wait to slide down slopes until between rockets.

And when you get to the covered walkway, dodge back and forth to avoid the falling rubble, and advance until you see two big enemies with shields. Use grenades or fall back to the lower part right next to the step up. The rockets should take them out, but if not shank them when they get right next to ya. The won't hit you until they drop, so don't let em. Once you get back inside it should be clear sailing.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by Bantha Rawk; 08-31-2010 at 10:05 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:52 AM   #12
sepulturas666

@Bantha Rawk - thanks for the tips. Currently stuck on ''A Bad Confession'' too. Can't believe how cheap deaths you get all the time on this game. I have absolutely no problems with regular enemies or bosses, but these platforming sections are shit.

edit: ok, beat this level, currently stuck on the last one lol, Have one question - when you reach the final boss, do you need to beat it now or it's possible to shut down your xbox and continue from that battle later?

Last edited by sepulturas666; 09-02-2010 at 01:29 PM.
sepulturas666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:17 AM   #13
Bantha Rawk

Bantha Rawk's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by sepulturas666 View Post
edit: ok, beat this level, currently stuck on the last one lol, Have one question - when you reach the final boss, do you need to beat it now or it's possible to shut down your xbox and continue from that battle later?
You can shut down the xbox, the Ceasar fight is it's on level. All you need to do to beat him is keep dashing through him to hit him in the back, never attack from the front. Keep your finger on the LT cause that is the button it'll prompt you, and you should beat him ok. I beat him on the first try in 2:07. Granted I had played him on Normal first, so I knew how to fight him...
Old 09-03-2010, 05:45 PM   #14
nekokari

Nekokari's Gamercard
yea, this is really hard, but doable. currently working on the Ride level. stupid dog get's me every time.
nekokari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:45 PM   #15
sepulturas666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bantha Rawk View Post
You can shut down the xbox, the Ceasar fight is it's on level. All you need to do to beat him is keep dashing through him to hit him in the back, never attack from the front. Keep your finger on the LT cause that is the button it'll prompt you, and you should beat him ok. I beat him on the first try in 2:07. Granted I had played him on Normal first, so I knew how to fight him...
Thanks man. Just got 200/200 on Shank.
Last battle was easy compared to Rocket level and few others.
sepulturas666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 01:14 AM   #16
Sampson

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Hard is generally hard. What more is there to say?

"Everyone is entitled to their own sorrow, for the
heart has no metrics or form of measure. And all of
it... irreplaceable."

Thanks to Rajeanero for the excellent signature!
Sampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 01:50 PM   #17
ckingvengence

ckingrevenge's Gamercard
i keep getting stuck on the train level and its really pissing me off any tips on how to pass it
ckingvengence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 02:37 PM   #18
Zanmato88

Zanmato88's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckingvengence View Post
i keep getting stuck on the train level and its really pissing me off any tips on how to pass it
I had lots of trouble on that, I stuck to using the machete and shotgun, this worked for me took me at least 1hour to do this level by the end of it I knew where the enemies would spawn, and I knew the bits that caused me problems so i just made sure I had grenades for the bits I was struggling with. There is no real tricks just get use to blocking/dodging and if you know there is a bit where you might fall off the train try your best to keep away from it by dodging.

I've just got to Bad Confessions on hard -.- I don't like rockets...
Zanmato88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 04:21 PM   #19
F Swan

Ferocious Swan's Gamercard
Quote:
Oh god the 2nd level leading up to the train was a killer for me, I don't understand why that gave me so much trouble compared to the ones following.
Currently on the level with the grenade launcher guy.

Also my weapons of choice are the shotgun and chain, I never used the chain before, but on the big guys its a life saver if you grab them and use Y. You choke most of there life away and rarely do people hit you whilst doing it, and bonus of if anyone tries to shoot at you they hit the big guys and kill them faster.
F Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 04:29 AM   #20
nekokari

Nekokari's Gamercard
Quote:
yea, i just got past that part. I found that you can hit the little enemies 3 -4 times, the grapple throw and they will fall off the train. Please note you can only do that when not in a closed car. My personal feelings for weapons are the machete and the twin pistols ( I don't know why but they are stupidly effective.)

currently fighting the APV (armored Personal Vehical) just after the Train.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:33 AM   #21
F Swan

Ferocious Swan's Gamercard
Finally finished on HARD. The rest of the game after Confessions is a breeze.
What I did was replay confessions on normal again to get the feel for the level, after many times dying on hard, helped alot as not long after this I finished it.
Also once I got to the ceiling falling down part I just ran, made sure I had 3 grenades, dashed past everyone I could, threw grenades at shield guys and just kept running and dashing and jumping right, you have to get very lucky and try and jump over the large charging guy at the end, just don't stop running right ... I got through about 5 times like this.

But usually my euphoria for being near the end was destroyed by rockets as I was wall running/swinging to the end part with the checkpoint, 1 of the times I was on the very last jump and swing to safety when a rocket took me out ...
F Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 06:00 PM   #22
nekokari

Nekokari's Gamercard
Finally killed the APV. Found out something interesting. There is a spot that you can't get hit by the gernades or the missiles. At the farthest point towards the back of the train, you can hit it with your pistols, but you won't get hit by it. All then you have to worry about is the little games.

Just Killed Cassandra, try to escape.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:55 AM   #23
bs000

bs000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Micro Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I fell off the train near the end of the level. I had to jump down, but couldn't tell what was below. I guessed wrong about how far to jump and died.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:50 AM   #24
SephVstheWorld

sephvstheworld's Gamercard
Wow, you must not be used to challenging games to find this hard, if you use simple and effective methods to quickly clear enemies, doesnt matter how cheap, youll find its not quite easy. Use your handguns a lot, and i mean a lot. Jump, shoot, and when you've fallen halfway, press X to strike forward to knock enemies back, turn around, rinse and repeat. Dodge often, and when you can, always strike or find the opportunity to strike from behind. I cleared the game, co-op and all in around 9 hours, give or take, and the only reason hard to so long was because i was i finding the most effective ways to beat levels for a mate who was having trouble with the game, and i did it all in one hit.
SephVstheWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:01 PM   #25
quadrin_5

Man Ho Kim's Gamercard
also been having problems with Bad Confessions. I must be nearing my 50th play through. i keep getting blowneded up mid jump, or when i'm sliding down a hill. if not that, then one of the dudes knocks me into a rocket. i swear, they're all using wall hax.
quadrin_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:48 AM   #26
Berserk117

Berserk117's Gamercard
i hate the levels that they throw a bunch of explosives at you. those are frustrating!
Berserk117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:07 AM   #27
blkalleykat

blkalleykat's Gamercard
I just beat the game on hard a few days ago and I have to say the most frustrating thing about hard is the random environmental deaths such as the grenade launcher and rockets. It's just controller breaking since you have no control over them and to have to start the level over due to it can be a headache.

Otherwise the game isn't unrealistically hard, you just need to memorize the stages and have patience when you don't make it far in the level to just to try again. Also youtube videos of the stages will prepare you what's to come
blkalleykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:44 PM   #28
DT3

IIIo DT3 oIII's Gamercard
while the OP's title may seem like something Captain Obvious would say, it sums up this game's hard mode perfectly.

I'm almost to the point where I'm like forget it since it's worth the same amount of G as completing the game on normal..no real incentive
DT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:12 PM   #29
JohnAizen

JohnAizen's Gamercard
Hard mode made me the maddest at a videogame I've ever been, my entire face turned read and I believe I busted a few blood vessels lol
JohnAizen is offline   Reply With Quote