PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Simulation > Fantastic Pets
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-04-2011, 06:55 PM   #31
spectreon

spectreon's Gamercard
WOW! Only 240msp... now thats how you put out DLC, granted anything over 400 I woulda passed on it. Thanks again for the guide, DLC was cake and now the game can be shipped back to whence it came so I can get something else (preferably better).
spectreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:41 AM   #32
paraffin

paraffin's Gamercard
Excellent guide for the DLC. Got my extra 235GS in about an hour (After going off-line to get the Saturday ach). Thanks for the speedy work.
paraffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:16 PM   #33
taahh lee gaahh

taahh lee gaahh's Gamercard
Well i have 17 awards left. About 4 of them for the free play which ill just knock out easily. So for the rest I can just purchase at the description screen? Say if I buy just one and move onto the next saturday would I have to follow the same way which would be purchase, click back, and click back again to the main menu? Get that one award then proceed to manipulate the date, play another talent show, and purchase again? I just want to make sure before I start free spending my hard earned gems.

btw is there a menu option I can click to see how to make my pet "sit" and do other tricks. I wasnt paying attention when the avatar popped up. Man I am so close. 3 achievements left. the 75%, all trophies, and one drawer of trophies.

taahh lee gaahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:31 PM   #34
Scrapdaddy

Scrapdaddy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by taahh lee gaahh View Post
Well i have 17 awards left. About 4 of them for the free play which ill just knock out easily. So for the rest I can just purchase at the description screen? Say if I buy just one and move onto the next saturday would I have to follow the same way which would be purchase, click back, and click back again to the main menu? Get that one award then proceed to manipulate the date, play another talent show, and purchase again? I just want to make sure before I start free spending my hard earned gems.

btw is there a menu option I can click to see how to make my pet "sit" and do other tricks. I wasnt paying attention when the avatar popped up. Man I am so close. 3 achievements left. the 75%, all trophies, and one drawer of trophies.
By the time I was "done" with the majority of the achievements I was still missing 8 awards. I had enough gems, so I just went and bought everything all at once. I then exited out of the Trophy Cabinet and went back to the freeplay screen (just you with your pet superimposed into the room) which forced a save and the achievement. You will notice that your award count will not change while you buy the awards. It will only show the updated total once you re-enter the Trophy Cabinet after saving. Kinda odd but it does work.

In your example, if you do not have enough gems for the ones you are missing then you can either buy them one at a time like you suggest or just play until you have enough (each award is 1000 gems) and get them all at once. Either way will work.

As for "Sit" I don't recall seeing an in game list but you can just say the pet's name and then "Sit". So for example, "Sasha, Sit!". The pet names are programed into the game and appear at the top of the screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraffin View Post
Excellent guide for the DLC. Got my extra 235GS in about an hour (After going off-line to get the Saturday ach). Thanks for the speedy work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectreon View Post
WOW! Only 240msp... now thats how you put out DLC, granted anything over 400 I woulda passed on it. Thanks again for the guide, DLC was cake and now the game can be shipped back to whence it came so I can get something else (preferably better).
Thanks guys

Last edited by Scrapdaddy; 05-13-2011 at 12:15 AM.
Scrapdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:43 PM   #35
taahh lee gaahh

taahh lee gaahh's Gamercard
Wow thanks for the quick response. I was just worried but I will just keep playing talent shows over and over until I have enough to buy all at once. Then follow your instructions. Man I swear people need to send you a case a beers or something for all the hard work you do in every guide. I have toy story 3, de blob, and marvel super hero collecting dust. Toy story 3 is a game I love due to my love of disney but I'm scared to attempt. I don't want to fail haha. But with your handy dandy complete walkthrough my fears are diminishing. Thanks again. Have a great weekend1

taahh lee gaahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:19 PM   #36
Cringer85

Cringer85's Gamercard
I played three complete weeks (21 days!) offline and washed my pet every day and played with it. 100% sure that I didn't miss a day! Did never get the achievements for this though!!! Can I buy those awards and will I get the achievements then??? I'm afraid those two just won't unlock in my game! :'(
Old 05-15-2011, 10:10 PM   #37
Scrapdaddy

Scrapdaddy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Submit - Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer85 View Post
I played three complete weeks (21 days!) offline and washed my pet every day and played with it. 100% sure that I didn't miss a day! Did never get the achievements for this though!!! Can I buy those awards and will I get the achievements then??? I'm afraid those two just won't unlock in my game! :'(
It's the first I have heard of this particular problem but it seems you have two options:

1) It only takes 7 days for each achievement so save your game first. Now just exit to the dashboard, move the date forward and basically redo the task for 7 more days and be sure that each time you are in your profile's saved game because sometimes the Kinect can recognize you as a guest or some other profile. It prompts you at the start so just be careful to choose the right one. Then just play Fetch once and wash your pet once. Choose to save and exit from the smart phone menu and then return to the dashboard and move the day forward 1 day. Repeat 6 more times.

2) Go ahead and finish everything else. Once everything is done, copy your saved game to a memory card or USB and then delete it from your Xbox HDD. Now start a new game and repeat the steps for seven consecutive days. You could then just copy your original save back over if you wanted too.

I can't think of anything else that would help, sorry. Good luck.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:20 PM   #38
Cringer85

Cringer85's Gamercard
hmm. I tried another two weeks yesterday, with no luck. Just playing saturday's today and Next To Godliness just popped randomly. weird stuff. Only achievement I'm missing now is Best Of Friends, which just doesn't want to unlock, no matter what.

Might have to try a new save and do another seven days. Losing more and more unneccessary hours on this one and it's starting to drive me angry.

Edit: doing it with a new save worked. It 'only' took 1,5 hours, due to the forced 50 minutes tutorial.
Finally I completed this, time to trade it in!

Last edited by Cringer85; 05-18-2011 at 04:19 PM.
Cringer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 03:58 AM   #39
Scrapdaddy

Scrapdaddy's Gamercard

It's cool that you finally got it but it sucks that you had to spend that much extra time with this game. I'll play almost anything but just playing through this game once was enough for me.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:49 AM   #40
mindphluxnet

Mindphluxnet's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Anyone had problems to unlock "Victory is mine!"? I play in real time and won two saturday shows back to back, but it didn't unlock, and I only got a bronze trophy for the whole thing (when I click on the trophy I am able to upgrade it, but it's already unlocked).

100.000 GS - June 1st, 2011 - "Legend of the West" in Rango
mindphluxnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:36 AM   #41
Cringer85

Cringer85's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindphluxnet View Post
Anyone had problems to unlock "Victory is mine!"? I play in real time and won two saturday shows back to back, but it didn't unlock, and I only got a bronze trophy for the whole thing (when I click on the trophy I am able to upgrade it, but it's already unlocked).
Yes. I had the same problem. Not only with that one but with every time-based achievement. I had to play offline and just cashed in enough credits to buy all of the time-based trophies. Just upgrade it already and it should work.
Old 06-18-2011, 02:05 PM   #42
InfernoFrY

fernofry's Gamercard

I'm having a problem trying to do the "Sit!" minigame. MY cat just runs past the area every time. I've tried sitting down on the floor & sofa, and tried yelling "sasha, sit". Nothing seems to stop it. It's causing me to fail talent shows so its become a problem.

Thousands of players
No subscription fee
3rd person action shooter MMO

Join the fight!
April 2nd 2013
InfernoFrY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 03:28 PM   #43
Cringer85

Cringer85's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernoFrY View Post
I'm having a problem trying to do the "Sit!" minigame. MY cat just runs past the area every time. I've tried sitting down on the floor & sofa, and tried yelling "sasha, sit". Nothing seems to stop it. It's causing me to fail talent shows so its become a problem.
it's actually very easy.

Step 1: running: NEVER run on the spot!!! just go forward and backwards non-stop in small and somwhat quick and nimble steps - you don't even need to run. Kinect just monitors movement, not really the speed of it.

Step 2: sitting: slide forward with feet and fall backwards with your upper body. like this \_. Stop yourself with your left hand so you won't hurt your butt on the ground.

sit down as soon as you reach the sit-marker. Otherwise you will slide all the way outside of the area. You should get highscore every time this way.

Last edited by Cringer85; 06-18-2011 at 03:30 PM.
Cringer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:10 AM   #44
mindphluxnet

Mindphluxnet's Gamercard

Quote:
Yes. I had the same problem. Not only with that one but with every time-based achievement. I had to play offline and just cashed in enough credits to buy all of the time-based trophies. Just upgrade it already and it should work.
Wait, are you telling me the achievement unlocks when I upgrade the trophy?

100.000 GS - June 1st, 2011 - "Legend of the West" in Rango
mindphluxnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:26 AM   #45
Cringer85

Cringer85's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindphluxnet View Post
Wait, are you telling me the achievement unlocks when I upgrade the trophy?
Not every trophy was upgradable, but for those that are: yes.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:33 PM   #46
Gunstar Red

Gunstar Red's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
The "Dressed To Win" achievement for winning on a Saturday unlocked for me on a Wednesday. Maybe as long as you win wearing a DLC costume, it doesn't matter what day it's on despite the description.

EDIT: On Sunday, the "You won the Main Event two weeks in a row." achievement just popped right when I started the game, having only play the game on 6 days! It's rare when a game glitches achievements in your favor rather than against you.

Last edited by Gunstar Red; 07-31-2011 at 10:50 AM.
Gunstar Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:01 AM   #47
BluWolve
Subscribing Member

BluWolve's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   Subscriber - Platinum   Submit - Silver   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
it's actually very easy.

Step 1: running: NEVER run on the spot!!! just go forward and backwards non-stop in small and somwhat quick and nimble steps - you don't even need to run. Kinect just monitors movement, not really the speed of it.
Have to disagree, I found it easiest to jog on the spot and also move your arms backwards and forwards like you are really jogging and get all the bonus gems. You can actually do the whole thing just by moving your arms, but you wont get fast enough to get bonus gems.

Quote:
Step 2: sitting: slide forward with feet and fall backwards with your upper body. like this \_. Stop yourself with your left hand so you won't hurt your butt on the ground.
I have done it by dropping to my knees and also just crouching, so I don't think it is actually that specific.

Quote:
sit down as soon as you reach the sit-marker. Otherwise you will slide all the way outside of the area. You should get highscore every time this way.
You can time it just a little bit after the sit marker to get all the way to the very end you can possibly go without going over, but the max points is 250 so you don't really need to. I agree the sit marker is the safest point but I get bored and play around to test the limits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunstar Red View Post
On Sunday, the "You won the Main Event two weeks in a row." achievement just popped right when I started the game, having only play the game on 6 days! It's rare when a game glitches achievements in your favor rather than against you.
I had the Same thing Happen to me on a Monday, I just started the game and was going to do the 7th day of everything then the "Victory is Mine" Achievement popped and so did the "Best of Friends" Achievement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty-Rex View Post
I am trained in gorilla warfare

Last edited by BluWolve; 08-15-2011 at 01:09 AM.
BluWolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:14 AM   #48
BluWolve
Subscribing Member

BluWolve's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5   Subscriber - Platinum   Submit - Silver   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olcsi2 View Post
Well, contribution time... there is a better way for "Epic fail". When in one of the minigames just have the Kinect cancel position (45 degress between legs and left hand) and then from the menu press "skip" and then you get 0 points and no medal for the event. Do it 5 times and there you go...
I don't know if this is a Glitch, but I did this method today trying to get "Fail" and "Epic Fail". Only "Epic Fail" popped so I am thinking to get "Fail" you actually have to finish an event without skipping. Can anyone confirm?

I will try tomorrow to confirm anyway but I was just thinking perhaps you should mention in the guide that to get both achievements in one talent show, you should skip four minigames and play through one getting 0 points. Had I known that I would not have skipped all the events and still got both achievements.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluWolve View Post
To get "Fail" you actually have to finish an event without skipping.
CONFIRMED

Quote:

Last edited by BluWolve; 09-03-2011 at 12:52 PM.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:34 PM   #49
yamayamayaamaa

Send a message via ICQ to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via AIM to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via Yahoo to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via Skype™ to yamayamayaamaa

yamayamayaamaa's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Gold   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
What's the best/fastest way to get a lot GEMs? I'm running out and I need them for the expeditions lol...

Edit: Ok well, by now I've traveled everywhere and I still don't see any trophies that can be purchased. So, when do they open up? Do I have to get to Rank 10 first?
Edit: Nevermind. You have to have at least 1000 GEMs on you to be able to buy them.

Edit: In case anyone hasn't realized. The trophies/awards and achievements are separate. You don't need to have all the achievement based trophies to get the 100% trophy achievement.

Quote:
I don't know if this is a Glitch, but I did this method today trying to get "Fail" and "Epic Fail". Only "Epic Fail" popped so I am thinking to get "Fail" you actually have to finish an event without skipping. Can anyone confirm?

I will try tomorrow to confirm anyway but I was just thinking perhaps you should mention in the guide that to get both achievements in one talent show, you should skip four minigames and play through one getting 0 points. Had I known that I would not have skipped all the events and still got both achievements.

CONFIRMED
The guide says that method is specifically used for the "Epic Fail" achievement. It doesn't say anything about the "Fail" achievement...

Quote:

You can time it just a little bit after the sit marker to get all the way to the very end you can possibly go without going over, but the max points is 250 so you don't really need to.
The max points in "Sit!" is 300.

Last edited by yamayamayaamaa; 09-15-2011 at 11:11 AM.
yamayamayaamaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:03 AM   #50
BluWolve
Subscribing Member

BluWolve's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamayamayaamaa View Post
The guide says that method is specifically used for the "Epic Fail" achievement. It doesn't say anything about the "Fail" achievement...
No it does not but I presumed the method would work for both and there is no where saying that it won't. I do beg your pardon though, I thought the point of an achievement guide was to help people get achievements as quickly and easy as possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamayamayaamaa View Post
The max points in "Sit!" is 300.
Really? you must get it sooooo perfect, because I swear the highest I could get was 250, and that was landing right on the end line. Nice work!

Quote:
Old 05-23-2012, 01:07 PM   #51
jangs

Send a message via AIM to jangs Send a message via MSN to jangs

jangs's Gamercard
Is anyone still playing this or kinectimals?
jangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:41 PM   #52
Actiionz

Admired's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Umm, guess i'm not gonna be playing this. Seems like it will take too long to 100% and I don't really have that much time left to be playing this particular one. Nice guide though. Really thorough.