PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Sonic the Hedgehog 4
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: Your opinion on dlc episodic games
I wait until they are discounted 14 35.00%
If I like them I buy them straight away 26 65.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-10-2010, 12:43 PM   #1
retroboy

SuperDuperLiam's Gamercard
Poll/Anyone Else Annoyed?

Hey there,

Anyone else annoyed that this is episodic? To me all this means is that I will wait until the episodes are bundled together (hopefully on a disc).

I really do not like episodic gaming when they are downloadable. It means a rather long and sometimes permanent price fixture, having to wait ages between games and it just breaks up the experience too much for me.

I love Sonic but will probably wait even longer now.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:32 PM   #2
RyanTheChamp

I agree I love sonic games but when something is titled with an episode it really seems like a smaller version of what could have been.
Spongebob Truth or Square (1000)
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (1000)
Borderlands (1000)

Arcade:
200+ (0)

RyanTheChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:52 AM   #3
Quagmire3540

Quagmire3540's Gamercard
I think it should just be one game period... episodic content is not needed they should just wait til it is complete to release the game... however I am excited to play a real sonic game that goes back to what made the series great..
Old 02-21-2010, 01:57 AM   #4
Caramel Cardinal

CaramelCardinal's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Silver   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Depends how long the episodes are, if each one is like 5 time the length of the first 3 sonic games put together than i'm not too fussed
Nevertheless origanal style sonic still has to be a good thing right?
Contrary to popular belief this here is a forum signature, it is not however an advertising space, a place where i show off my gamertag or a giraffe skiing in the alps being chased by an army of penguin snipers and a polar bear

Gears of war's gridlock recreated in halo reaches forge and compatible with all game types can be found here
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Fi...aramelCardinal
Caramel Cardinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:31 PM   #5
Seraphim Lloyd

Archdemon Sendo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 5
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'm just going to wait and see how they do this first before I start putting it down for the episodes.
Seraphim Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:55 AM   #6
mjc0961

mjc0961's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Episodic games are nothing short of pointless ripoffs. The episodes are always priced the same as or higher than the $10-$15 games you can get on WiiWare, Xbox Live Arcade, and Playstation Network, and yet the episodes are shorter than most of those games. What makes the developers of games think any of us want them to continue with such a stupid sales model?

Although, for this game, it doesn't matter anyway. It's a Sonic game, which is an instant "no buy" anyway, even if they sold the entire thing for a dollar. Not even that dude in the Robocop movie would buy this for a dollar, because SEGA has proven time and time again that they can't make a good Sonic game anymore.

As for the included poll, I didn't vote as neither option seems to accurately represent my thoughts that episodic content is absolutely stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentCabaret View Post
This guide continues to warm my heart and piss off my roommates. Thanks so much!
mjc0961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:53 PM   #7
Ali_P_84

AirRaidPatrol's Gamercard
Obviously it depends how much each episode costs as to whether I'll get them straight away. The "leaked" screenshot showing 400msp per episode makes it quite cheap really for a "new" game. If both episodes come to 800msp in the end when there is utter tripe for the same cost (Kriss-X anybody?) then that's ok in my opinion.
Ali_P_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:32 PM   #8
Jim Auh Thee

Jimmmy x360a's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire3540 View Post
I think it should just be one game period... episodic content is not needed they should just wait til it is complete to release the game... however I am excited to play a real sonic game that goes back to what made the series great..
yeah fasho
Old 03-18-2010, 09:47 PM   #9
TheEighthSage

Send a message via AIM to TheEighthSage Send a message via MSN to TheEighthSage Send a message via Yahoo to TheEighthSage

TheEighthSage's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc0961 View Post
Episodic games are nothing short of pointless ripoffs. The episodes are always priced the same as or higher than the $10-$15 games you can get on WiiWare, Xbox Live Arcade, and Playstation Network, and yet the episodes are shorter than most of those games. What makes the developers of games think any of us want them to continue with such a stupid sales model?

Although, for this game, it doesn't matter anyway. It's a Sonic game, which is an instant "no buy" anyway, even if they sold the entire thing for a dollar. Not even that dude in the Robocop movie would buy this for a dollar, because SEGA has proven time and time again that they can't make a good Sonic game anymore.

As for the included poll, I didn't vote as neither option seems to accurately represent my thoughts that episodic content is absolutely stupid.
Uhh, excuse me? I'm confused. Are you saying that you were perfectly okay with Sonic 3 being split into two separate games and having to pay $120 at release, or $8 for a less functional version on the arcade but you're not okay with having to pay $4-8 dollars for episodes, which are shorter, but fully functional games on their own?

Plus if I'm not mistaken, Sonic 3(part 1) had what, 6 zones, not including Special Stages? And Sonic 4: Episode 1 is nearly confirmed to have at least FIVE. For a fraction of the price Sonic 3 was new.

I've been following news on Sonic 4 for quite a while now, and I have to say that it's looking like Sega remembered how to make a good Sonic game again. Here's hoping folks. Also to answer the poll, I'm not annoyed in the slightest by it being episodic. I mean, in all reality, it's not much different than Sonic 3, as I've stated. xD

"When you eliminate the impossible; whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes (and Spock)

Quote:
Originally Posted by balance13 View Post
You shouldn't introduce hookers to your parents.
TheEighthSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:41 AM   #10
Kukiri

KukiriDreamer's Gamercard
I think they will sell Disc Version like Complete Pack.
Kukiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:23 AM   #11
UltimateAuron32

AzzTheStickman's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kukiri View Post
I think they will sell Disc Version like Complete Pack.
i dunno mate, some games HAVE done this: GTA IV, Borderlands (NOT with Secret Armory though...)

but largely, an arcade release probably wouldnt get the disc treatment, as it would then be classified as a retail game.

Banner Credit... ME!!

1000+
Final Fantasy XIII: 1000/1000, Borderlands: 1625/1750, Resident Evil 5: 1310/1400, Gears of War 2: 1365/1750, Halo: Reach: 1230/1400

50'000: 17:27 on 19/02/2013, Resident Evil 4, We're Going Home.
UltimateAuron32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:18 PM   #12
Auri-James

Anuic Auriel's Gamercard
Thumbs up

You'd be surprised, don't forget the Namco Museum: Virtual Arcade has managed to pack about 6-8 of their arcade games on 1 disc for a relatively cheap price.

I'm a sucker for Sonic games and most Sega games in general, plus it hasn't stopped me from buying WiiWare games when I got the Monkey Island that were episodic, so I doubt my mind is gonna change for the Sonic 4 episodic games when it hopefully gets released on XBLA.
Auri-James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 03:55 PM   #13
Gareth Dent

Send a message via MSN to Gareth Dent Send a message via Skype™ to Gareth Dent

Gareth Dent's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateAuron32 View Post
An arcade release probably wouldnt get the disc treatment, as it would then be classified as a retail game.
Actually, the arcade game Watchmen: The End is Nigh had two parts both on Game marketplace but in stores their is infact a disk version named Watchmen: The End is Nigh parts 1 and 2, and its basicly a disked version of them both, the disk actually works out cheaper then buying the points to purchase both parts.

With it being a big franchise such as Sonic and being the hype for this game i would conclude that its propable for a disk release although im not saying this will be instantly after the episodes probly a while after to suck up some money.

Gareth Dent
Gareth Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:32 PM   #14
StuDogg

StuDogg's Gamercard
To be honest, it's just as cheap and a much better experience to just buy the game on the original system
StuDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:44 PM   #15
PyreBall

Send a message via AIM to PyreBall Send a message via MSN to PyreBall Send a message via Yahoo to PyreBall

Biggreen719's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I really need Episode II.
Soul Calibur IV, Soul Calibur V, Tekken 6, Super Street Fighter IV, MvC3, Puzzle Quest, Halo: Reach, Madden 10, Left 4 Dead 2, Borderlands, Gears of War 3,, Modern Warfare 3, Rock Band, MvC2, Battlefield 1943, Castle Crashers
PyreBall is offline   Reply With Quote