PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > F1 2010
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-26-2011, 06:22 PM   #61
Quicksand Jesus

quicksand jesus's Gamercard
So this is my first season watching F1 and i was just wondering if it was normal for somebody to be so dominant for almost half the season so far? I read on the games driver profiles that Button won 6 of 7 to start a year out so I'm guessing it's kind of common...
Quicksand Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 07:57 PM   #62
mott1993

mott1993's Gamercard
I don't know if it's common either, I only got into F1 during the past few years, but it seems as though RB have seriously done something to Vettel's car, which is why he's flown through and dominated 6/8 races this year

mott1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:27 PM   #63
Bearded Bugs

Bearded Bugs's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksand Jesus View Post
So this is my first season watching F1 and i was just wondering if it was normal for somebody to be so dominant for almost half the season so far? I read on the games driver profiles that Button won 6 of 7 to start a year out so I'm guessing it's kind of common...
Sadly it's quite common in F1 for a driver or team to be dominant. But luckily for the past few years since Schumacher's retirement there have been some good well balanced phases. Last year was one of the best seasons of F1 I can remember, but the season before that like you say Button and Brawn were utterly dominant for the first half of the season. This little Vettel crisis should be gone soon, but it could of course go the other way, and get ever worse like the Ferrari/Michael era.

Bearded Bugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:23 PM   #64
Shelton

Tully123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Silverstone summary:

Old 07-14-2011, 11:29 PM   #65
Scholesy22

Scholesy City's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelton View Post
lol @ Hamilton's car, he's getting so much criticism this season. I believe the constructors is over and done with this season but there's still plenty of races left for the drivers championship I reckon. I do hate seeing 1 driver dominating almost every race mind, been watching F1 for about maybe 16-17 years now and Schumacher made the sport so boring to watch + the fact that I've always disliked Ferrari didn't really help either lol.

I can't see either of the McLaren drivers winning it this year the car is just not got the pace on the Red Bull's and it seems like the Ferrari's are becoming the nearest competitors lately. I would much rather see Webber win the championship this season than Vettel just down to the fact that Vettel won it last year and I prefer seeing a new champion every season .

Scholesy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:18 PM   #66
daenius

Daenius's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/...an-50-of-them/

great post with about 50 questions answered by F1 2011 lead designer Steve Hood.

The things I liked most:

Quote:
NeoBazza87: Will you include a Spectator Option Online after u crash out or finish the race early like the DiRT series? Badly needed IMHO.
Yes, Spectator Mode is included this year.
Temperature is now a factor, too:

Quote:
Damocool: Will the game focus on maintaining tyre and brake temperatures?
Yes, temperature management is more of a concern for players running simulation options this year.
EDIT: Whooooops, I just realized I posted this in the completely wrong thread :O

x360a F1 2011 World Championship - McLaren Driver #1

Last edited by daenius; 08-13-2011 at 09:18 AM.
daenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:35 PM   #67
jacobite

Jackobite's Gamercard
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2011/09/2...-f1-singapore/

Glock has bet money on Sebastian Vettel winning the drivers championship on Sunday.

Pft I'd take that money, Yeah hes won the WDC but not this weekend ... I think anyway.

I don't eat, I don't sleep, I don't wash and I don't care.

jacobite is offline   Reply With Quote