PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > NCAA Football 10
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: Did this help?
Helped 15 65.22%
Still Glitched 8 34.78%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-21-2009, 05:37 AM   #31
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Worked great. Got it on my first try. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucklehead X View Post
Whoever decided about the killcam in Halo should be shot and has to spend an eternity watching the killcam of their death!
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 05:16 AM   #32
Tynstar

General Tynstar's Gamercard
Major you are my hero. I was starting to worry about this one.

Thanks
Tynstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 05:55 AM   #33
xMaJoRdAnGeRx

xmajordangerx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tynstar View Post
Major you are my hero. I was starting to worry about this one.

Thanks
Np, man. Im glad to help.

Starting new Forum- Sign up!

http://xboxforlife.forumotions.com/forum.htm
xMaJoRdAnGeRx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:52 PM   #34
Thegreatest7884

Send a message via AIM to Thegreatest7884

Vantagonist's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Pretty good guide. I got it my first game though. I was N'Western versus Illinois and I won at the last second 29-28.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:21 PM   #35
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
My friend also got it. We were playing Virginia vs. Virginia Tech. The score ended up 35 to 28, and we kept trading touchdowns until the last quarter (me, him, me, him etc.) Then he scored a touchdown in the last 20 seconds to pull ahead. He kept pumping the crowd (he was Virginia home), but don't know if that had anything to do with it. His ranking was 946.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucklehead X View Post
Whoever decided about the killcam in Halo should be shot and has to spend an eternity watching the killcam of their death!
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:02 AM   #36
PSonic

PSonic's Gamercard
I followed a modified version of this and got it on the first try. I did everything to the letter until the 3rd quarter. Instead of letting Tennessee score 10 and having Florida score 7, I went with 7 for Tennessee and 3 for Florida.

That left the score 14-10 Tennessee (I was playing as Florida) after 3 quarters. In the 4th Q, I put up a TD and intentionally missed the extra point to make it 16-14 Florida. I kept giving the ball back to Tennessee and when I had the ball with 20 some odd seconds left, I took a knee.

Hope this helps someone!! I'm now 100% on this game. Thanks to the OP on this one!! Big ups!!
PSonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:22 AM   #37
MightyD88

MightyD88's Gamercard
I just got 1093 score on a 55-52 shootout. Just do a shootout and mirror whatever computer is doing...if they score, you score....if they dont, just punt and keep it close til the end...doesn't matter who wins either. Its not that hard, folks.

Mine was: Varsity, 5 mins, penalties off....Gamecocks(me) s Florida (Rivalry Game.)

From Level 1 to Level 7 in one game.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:52 AM   #38
MightyD88

MightyD88's Gamercard
I just got another ESPN classic game by accident by winning 7-0 in SEC Championship(I was going for "What Competition?" instead) 6 minute quarters and kept it close...ESPN score of 316.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:16 PM   #39
derspiess

derspiess42's Gamercard
Odd-- this was one of the first achievements I unlocked. Due to the AI's tendency to steamroll me on kickoff returns after I have a long, sustained drive, a lot of my games have been much closer than they should have been, and I guess that pumps up the Instant Classic score a bit.
derspiess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:50 PM   #40
DarkManX

Send a message via Skype™ to DarkManX

Tupacalypse129's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyD88 View Post
Its not that hard, folks.
That's not the problem the problem is it seems this achievement is glitched for many people. I remember the score being 52-50 in 5 OT game in the national championship. It has nothing to do with being hard. It took me forever to finally get this achievement.

DarkManX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:48 PM   #41
potterscrow

potterscrow's Gamercard
This is crazy. I had a triple OT bowl game and I didn't unlock this achievement. I decide to follow this guide and achievement unlocked. Awesome guide by the way. Thank you much.
potterscrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 02:59 AM   #42
MightyD88

MightyD88's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManX View Post
That's not the problem the problem is it seems this achievement is glitched for many people. I remember the score being 52-50 in 5 OT game in the national championship. It has nothing to do with being hard. It took me forever to finally get this achievement.
Actually I never received an ESPN classic during overtimes...I guess they don't think of overtime games as classics...I'm not sure its glitched, I just think that none of us has cracked the classic formula yet.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:37 AM   #43
DarkManX

Send a message via Skype™ to DarkManX

Tupacalypse129's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyD88 View Post
Actually I never received an ESPN classic during overtimes...I guess they don't think of overtime games as classics...I'm not sure its glitched, I just think that none of us has cracked the classic formula yet.
In my opinion it is a very weird achievement. I mean a 5 OT in the National Championship? Come on. But a 23-20 exhibition game is an instant classic. Just stupid in my opinion.

DarkManX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 07:52 AM   #44
norcalsniper
Banned User

norcalsniper's Gamercard
I actually got this Achievement without even trying when I was playing a Bowl Game...
norcalsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:31 PM   #45
MightyD88

MightyD88's Gamercard
haha yes, I actually do agree with you on that. I don't remember any ESPN classics showing exhibition games.

Oh well, at least I'm glad many people are getting this achievement now. It is one of those weird achievements, because nobody knows what the actually formula is. One of the EA game devs should just come out and tell us already.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:44 AM   #46
budbon

bud bon's Gamercard
i had the hardest time getting this even with this method. finally wat i did was deleted all memory even my cache. Recovered my bros gamertag. then kept everything default and played a 2 player game my tag against his. then just kept the score close it was like 20 to 17 i lost. I was florida he was tennessee though. but he has an easports account so i figured maybe that had something to do with it. Because for some reason computer games never worked.

^^^Thanx to Zippy 101 for this sweet sig^^^

budbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 11:16 PM   #47
wildwest08

wildwest08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
so this achievement sucks

Call of Duty Black Ops
Halo Wars General
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit
wildwest08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 11:18 PM   #48
wildwest08

wildwest08's Gamercard

i wonder if you have to register a team in season showdown to unlock the espn classic thing? just throwing it out there

Call of Duty Black Ops
Halo Wars General
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit
wildwest08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 12:51 AM   #49
FrivolousRhyme

FrivolousRhyme's Gamercard
op-i know you probably don't visit this forum anymore, but thanks for this guide. it worked like a charm for me. this was actually my second instant classic, due to my first one (a triple overtime bcs championship game) that didn't count.
FrivolousRhyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:19 PM   #50
Gunstar Red

Gunstar Red's Gamercard

I didn't use your exact strategy, but tried playing Florida vs. Tennessee to see if I could get the Classic Achievement exchanging scores. I played Varsity, 5 mins, vs. CPU. I used Florida.

Let CPU score first, then I scored, let CPU score, etc. I made my final score with 2 seconds left on the clock to take the lead in the 4th Qtr. I had planed to score with no time left, but did it too fast. So then I let the CPU return the kickoff with no time remaining, and the CPU won, then the achievement popped!

I had done far more "Classic" games both intentional and unintentional with no classic to show for it. Guess there's just something about UF vs. TENN. Thanks for the advice!
Gunstar Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 03:36 PM   #51
TheWings977

Send a message via AIM to TheWings977

TheWings977's Gamercard
Losing the game in the last minute or so may actually help you because my game played out almost exactly as the method above except I ended up losing 24 - 21 with Tennessee scoring with 17 seconds left too take the lead.

0-999 = 22x
1000 = 25

2nd person on x360a to complete NHL 09.

**If I have a game that is not completed, and you want to boost the achievements, feel free to send me a message/friend request, I WILL have the game and I will be ready to complete it!**
TheWings977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:17 PM   #52
CanuckLefty

canucklefty's Gamercard

PROFIT! I followed the scoring sequence exactly, but they scored two TD's in the third (instead of a TD and a FG). Luckily, they missed the extra point, so I won 21-20. I picked off two INT's, including on their final drive. Freshmen, three-minute quarters. It doesn't take much, apparently; only 20 ESPN Classic points. But I'm up to 1000/1000.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:08 PM   #53
Lord J Rod

B1G FAT DYNAM0's Gamercard
I tried to follow your setup, but they got a first down on me when they were in field goal range and went on to score a TD and led by 21-7. The 4th quarter started, I quickly scored on a huge pass play, 21-14. I quickly shut them down on D and got the ball back using the offsides/sack method(which will work and not affect the achievement). I then scored again and failed on the 2 pt conversion, down 21-20. I shut them down again on D and used timeouts. I tackled the punter on 4th to get good field position. I had :18 on the clock and in 2 pass plays I scored another TD, up 27-21. Game over. Classic score 1631. Booyah!
Lord J Rod is offline   Reply With Quote