PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Tron: Evolution
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-27-2010, 10:47 PM   #1
ajennice

ajennice00's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Finished game.. my thoughts

Alot like Prince of persia with all the jumping/scaling.

fighting sucks as you can not easily lock on to anyone and stay locked. You'll throw a disk at a guy and then move inteh opposite direction thinking you're still locked on him just to toss your next disk in an entire different direftion.
Melee sucks. you always take a step or 2 in the direction you're punching. When up close you'll hit 2 times and by time you're onthe third you're behind the guy and still punching in the same direction.

Story was good, game was short.
Light tank areas were a hit. Light cycles were a miss -just basically race from 1 point to another... no game grid fighting (unless you went to that option outsided the story)

I'd rent if you're curious....

best I can do is a 6.5/10 with good graphics giving it a lille bonus kicker
ajennice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:14 PM   #2
DeltaKappaEcho

DeltaKappaEcho's Gamercard
It's platforming is lots of wall running and jumping but unlike "Prince of Persia" you need to hold the LS in the direction you want to go before leaping or you'll just jump at nothing and die. This is very problematic due to camera which forces you to often jump towards the unknown and hope it is the right way. I agree with most of your comments except I felt the Light Tank controls were kinda awkward and a pain when turning. And I think you were too generous - the story is the one good part of the game with the campaign, itself, being a series of platforming, combat, platforming, combat, vehicle sequence, platforming, combat, boss for each level. It got tiring real fast. I'd say it's more of a 4 unless MP (haven't tried except against bots) redeems it.
DeltaKappaEcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:52 PM   #3
cowboy bob
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajennice View Post
Alot like Prince of persia with all the jumping/scaling.

fighting sucks as you can not easily lock on to anyone and stay locked. You'll throw a disk at a guy and then move inteh opposite direction thinking you're still locked on him just to toss your next disk in an entire different direftion.
Melee sucks. you always take a step or 2 in the direction you're punching. When up close you'll hit 2 times and by time you're onthe third you're behind the guy and still punching in the same direction.

Story was good, game was short.
Light tank areas were a hit. Light cycles were a miss -just basically race from 1 point to another... no game grid fighting (unless you went to that option outsided the story)

I'd rent if you're curious....

best I can do is a 6.5/10 with good graphics giving it a lille bonus kicker
must be nice to have a modded 360 to play games a few weeks early
cowboy bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:23 PM   #4
Tekkie neXt

Tekkie neXt's Gamercard
Yeah, must be.

However I do agree with him.

It's short, clunky to the point it's almost broken, stupid jumping, little variety for online.

Gets about a 4/10 from me, graphics look ok till you see Quorra's face in the pre-rendered cutscenes and realise their animators have parkinsons.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:15 AM   #5
Kaspanova

Earc's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
dude this game is out in UK. came out about 2 weeks ago.

I don't know where these guys are from, but if they're from the US.. you might be right.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:30 AM   #6
ajennice

ajennice00's Gamercard

I'm US here.
I go through this every time I say somethng about a game.
I really do not care who says what about how anyone get the game. Somepeople get tthtem from overseas, some people ARE overseas and get them before we do, Some people WORK AT GAME STORES AND GET THE GAMES AS SOON AS THEY COME IN OFF THE TRUCK, some get them from smaller game stores that sell them early just to get ahead of the rush (can anyone guess where I fall into this at).

I always offer the same to anyone who wants to know if my copy is legit. Hop on aplane and fly here. Once at the airport, rent a car and I will e-mail you directions. IF you're curious enough (oops. I mean jealous) enough to want to find out, then the invite is always open. OR send me a nice digital camera and I will take a pic and send it back to you.

Also so when is 10 days " a couple of weeks"....? Posted originally on 11-27... Sunday.. amazingly jusr 24 hours after our store copy showed up.

If it really eats you up, there may be a crisis number for you to call... you may have to google it tho.. I've never had to look it up.
ajennice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:52 PM   #7
EliteShadowMan

EliteShadowMan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
So the game would be worth a rent then? and the achievements seem fairly easy?
EliteShadowMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 01:46 PM   #8
Kaspanova

Earc's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
easy 750. if you spend a bit more time, you can 1000 it. MP achievements and kill XX enemies are the longest.

rent it
Old 12-06-2010, 03:59 PM   #9
TGRico72

TG Rico72's Gamercard
The reviews I've read for this are so split. Some say it's fun but nothing new while others say it's completely broken and horrible. Can ya'll talk more about what the multiplayer is like? What are the perks/unlocks with levels? Is it fun? What are the different game modes like?
TGRico72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:17 PM   #10
davidmerrell

davidmerrell's Gamercard
I honsstly give this game an 8. It was really fun. A few minor problems but it dont take away from anything. The lightbike on multiplayer is a piece of shit. Almost impossible to control.
davidmerrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:43 PM   #11
Bones007

DryBones007's Gamercard
Was wondering if the game was any good.
Bones007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:34 AM   #12
Farklefreak5

Farklefreak5's Gamercard
Yeah, wasn't my favorite either, but I can't say I was really expecting much from a Disney movie game. Had the same style gameplay as any other beat-em-up with a few nice touches, kinda reminded me of Marvel Ultimate Alliance only suckier.

But whatever, I needed a break from shooters and this game kept me entertained for about three days. Back to Gamefly with you.
Farklefreak5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:29 AM   #13
phobzy85

Send a message via MSN to phobzy85

Phobzy85's Gamercard

It's quite good. If you played Prince of Persia - the movement system is pretty much alike. Takes a bit of getting used to but once you know what and where to expect timing / jumps it becomes much easier.

With most beat em ups. People either like them or don't like them. I'm one of those who loves building up my characters and maxing them out. I don't mind doing repetitive things and this game as a lot of that I personally believe. So if you don't care about that then you will enjoy it.

The camera / movement is flawed sometimes. That's just the nature of these games I suppose though. If you played spiderman 3 then you will be immune to all flawed camera games because that game is overkill.

With most games like these you have to give it time. It's a nice game. Could of been better but still nice.

phobzy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:33 AM   #14
Asturgis
Gundam Meister

Asturgis's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Platinum   Donator - Level 5   1,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
It's exactly like GI Joe Rise of Cobra. Not the game type of course, but the type of game you would think sucks, but is actually very enjoyable.

The real problems are knowing where to go and the Prince of Persia elements that have nothing to do here and are quite broken. Overall, the music and the game design (not very detailed but it goes with the concept) are very nice. If you liked the movie, it's a great 15 hours to get your 900 or 950, because online is just plain shitty.