PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-30-2011, 06:55 PM   #1
Prelude2disastr

Prelude2disastr's Gamercard
MP Issues?

Has anybody else had some hellish issues with the MP? The occasional game disconnect I can attribute to my network, but I've only been able to play 1 full game...

Every other game has disconnected except for one which was so laggy everyone left after the host decimated everything.

I wouldn't mind, but this is with the matchmaking set to regional!

So please, is it just me or are there bugs that need a little bit of sorting?
Prelude2disastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:59 PM   #2
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Of course there are bugs. The game came out, what, two weeks ago? I had disconnect issues all the time when I played last week. Just have to deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucklehead X View Post
Whoever decided about the killcam in Halo should be shot and has to spend an eternity watching the killcam of their death!
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 08:32 AM   #3
emul8ter25

emul8ter25's Gamercard
or move on to a game that doesnt suck
Old 07-03-2011, 01:27 AM   #4
tripleb2k

BobZombie3k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bLaKgRaVy View Post
Of course there are bugs. The game came out, what, two weeks ago? I had disconnect issues all the time when I played last week. Just have to deal with it.
Why should that be an excuse for bad Multiplayer? Is it so unreasonable to ask for a game that works well online? I know most games have bugs when they first come out but it's pretty crappy we have to deal with it every game. Developers never seem to learn when it comes to their servers and MP issues.

tripleb2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:23 AM   #5
TheLegendOf1977

TheLegendOf1977's Gamercard
I've played around 12/13 games last night and only got disconnected once, so thats not that bad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoborg View Post
Do your civic duty and don't play multiplayer in games where it doesn't really belong. Problem solved.
TheLegendOf1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:52 AM   #6
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleb2k View Post
Why should that be an excuse for bad Multiplayer? Is it so unreasonable to ask for a game that works well online? I know most games have bugs when they first come out but it's pretty crappy we have to deal with it every game. Developers never seem to learn when it comes to their servers and MP issues.
It's not an excuse, it happens with EVERY multiplayer game, regardless. It's just a way of life. You should expect it. I know I do. Should I have to expect it, no, but it's a pattern with every developer that hasn't changed at all since they started adding multiplayer, so why think the next game is going to be any different? It happened with Doom, Duke 3D and Quake, and it'll happen with Gears 3, Rage, Modern Warfare 3 and Battlefield 3.

You see, when they play test online games at the developer, everyone is using the same network/servers/connections, everything. And there's only maybe 10-15 guys at one time playing it. They aren't playing with millions of people all over the world with different networks/connections, dealing with lag... whatever. Some people have DSL, some have cable. Some have speeds of 5mbps, some have 50. Of course it's going to work flawlessly for them in-house. Then when the game is released they say, "Hey! We're sorry. We don't know what could have gone wrong. We'll work on a patch and hopefully in a couple of weeks it will be okay."

That's one reason I don't play online in games. That, and I basically suck. The sooner we (the consumer) realizes that no game is ever "perfect" on release date, and quit bitching when multiplayer is "unplayable" the first week or two and cluttering the forums with useless posts, the better off we'll be. Yeah, we can bitch, because that's everyone's God given right, and even more so since everyone thinks that their opinions matter on the internet, but why do it? It's not going to help the problem at all. It'll work eventually, can't you just wait a few days? It's not like you're not getting your money's worth; you are going to have the game, what, the rest of your life maybe? What's a week then in the grand scheme of things? Play something else for a week.

I'm sorry, but am I the only one that sees this or feels this way? Yea, in a perfect world, multiplayer should be working day one release, but it never does, and you shouldn't be surprised if it doesn't work. And posting useless (and obvious) topics in a forum isn't going to get it working again. That's all I'm saying. Plus, it's just a game. We're not curing cancer or ending world hunger. It's. Just. A. Game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucklehead X View Post
Whoever decided about the killcam in Halo should be shot and has to spend an eternity watching the killcam of their death!
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote