PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shmup > Gatling Gears
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-11-2011, 06:34 PM   #1
GDMFS0AB

Mad Hectic's Gamercard
Is this basically just assault heroes?

? Is it? Trial is downloading at the moment.
GDMFS0AB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 06:39 PM   #2
tS-BLiTZ

Send a message via AIM to tS-BLiTZ

mattBLiTZ's Gamercard
It's much better imo.
twitter.com/mlgBLiTZ <-Message me saying to follow back and I will
tS-BLiTZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 03:10 AM   #3
MakotoShinobi

TsubakiCalamity's Gamercard
Compare to other twin-stick shooters I have played before, this one is different. Not the greatest game I have ever played, but still fun and decent in my add. IMO, it's a lot better than Aqua and Assault Heroes (unless there is another title).
MakotoShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 07:43 AM   #4
Darth Cuda

Darth Cuda's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakotoShinobi View Post
Compare to other twin-stick shooters I have played before, this one is different. Not the greatest game I have ever played, but still fun and decent in my add. IMO, it's a lot better than Aqua and Assault Heroes (unless there is another title).
Aqua, possibly. Assaut Heroes are you serious? That game was frikin awesome (both 1 and 2). I'm not saying this game isn't good but Assault Heroes is much better.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:22 PM   #5
Snake Pliskinn

Snake Pliskinn's Gamercard
The level of polish and longevity with this game puts both Assault Heroes to shame!
Snake Pliskinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 03:02 PM   #6
Todaysforgotten

Todaysforgotten's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Pliskinn View Post
The level of polish and longevity with this game puts both Assault Heroes to shame!
Oh c'mon. Assault Heroes was a very made game. I'm not sure i understand the longevity. Do you mean replay? Assault Heroes had replay in the form of the multiplier system.
Todaysforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 03:41 PM   #7
Snake Pliskinn

Snake Pliskinn's Gamercard
The graphics for this game are better than Assault Heroes and the game itself is longer.
Snake Pliskinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:54 PM   #8
Dead Giveaway

CollapseControl's Gamercard
Assault Heroes was good for its time. I enjoyed playing it online co-op with a friend back in day when not that many games had online co-op.

I never bothered getting Assault Heroes 2 but the friend I played the first one with told me it wasn't that great.

This same friend I got online with Gatling Gears playing Co-op with the Trial & he says he likes it better than Assault Heroes.

I made purchase for 800MSP & i'm glad I did. It's very enjoyable. I just don't understand why there isn't many forums for this game yet, not even a guide.
Dead Giveaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 04:07 AM   #9
neverendr

neverendr's Gamercard
I think it's on par with assault heroes, if you take into account that assault heroes came out a couple of years ago...assault heroes 2 isn't as good as the first IMO, mainly because it's really just more of the same as the first, and also because it isn't graphically much of a step up...it has a bit more polish, sure, but it's not enough to set it above aqua or Gatling Gears. I picked up Aqua as a dotw and really enjoy it, haven't finished it quite yet. I refused to pay 1200 for Gatling, but bought it right away for 800.

It's a great twin stick shooter, as was assault heroes when it came out...I still love the original geometry wars I bought the day I got my 360, I still load that up and play for an hour or two every few weeks.

Big thanks to jtr1gg3r for the sexy new sig!
70,000GS 26 Oct 2010- RB3 "Hometown Threwdown"
neverendr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 04:26 AM   #10
Bastado

Bastado's Gamercard
Was just talking with my buddy the other day saying how Gatlung Gears is much better than Assault Heroes. I would have to say it's the visuals and upgraded feel of your mech late in the game. Also the story is just as lite as it should be in Gatling Gears. Where as with assault heroes it's just save the world... From what I can remember. My opinion: Gatling gears>Assault heroes... Aqua is a good game, but not as good as the other two.
Bastado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 06:34 PM   #11
Reggiez

Reggiez's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I haven't played Aqua but I have finished the first Assault Heroes. I did enjoy that game but Gatling Gears is in my opinion more polished and more fun. I really like the upgrading system and the different skins. Also to me at least this game feels more modern.

Assault Heroes 1 is still a fun game but Gatling Gears is better (in my opinion anyway). That aside I really would have liked even more upgrades and maybe more things to find in the different stages.