PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox One Games > Action > Mirror's Edge 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-06-2011, 02:41 AM   #1
Dcon6393

dcon6393's Gamercard
What do you want to see in Mirror's Edge 2?

I just picked up the first one yesterday and have not been sleeping much since i got it. I think the story was amazing and the gameplay was fun and challenging at the same time.

I would like a few thins to be added/changed

1. Who wouldn't like a map editor in terms of making your own time trial and being able to let other people download it. Oh wait its EA, so the servers will be shut down with a week of release (over exaggerating the facts, but still come on EA).

2. I want a more free approach to the single player story. I think they could do brilliant things with ME2 if it was semi open world, like a hub city where you could free roam and pick out missions to do, with lots of exploration. Then when you pick a mission you go to a specific level for that mission. Maybe that is too ambitious, but i would love to see more freedom.

3. Multiplayer races. Thats it, no other multiplayer component EA. The ghosts were cool, but races against friends would be awesome

So besides seeing the game actually get released because of the back and forth conversation on whether or not it is cancelled, what would you like to see?
Old 07-04-2011, 02:37 AM   #2
Meta Glitch

imagine if it was like burnout paradise.... no limits other than the entire map... doesn't care how you get there as long as you do within the allotted time. that could give people the option of studying the world and finding shortcuts... and maybe incorporate a length for 'time of day' and have security guards in some buildings at certain times of the day. this game has so much potential.
Meta Glitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:24 AM   #3
institutions

Send a message via MSN to institutions

institutions's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Map editor would be incredible, although it seems like it would have to be very limited on consoles. PC would be capable of very in-depth level creator.

Also, free roam. Honestly, if Mirrors Edge 2 has free roam, it'll be a day one $50 purchase.

institutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 05:16 AM   #4
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
there making a second mirrors edge?
I never got to finishing the first one b/c I remember on one level I was stuck but I do plan on completing this game soon
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:30 PM   #5
rrushn

Fatal RusH's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I wouldn't change anything tbh... Just more time trials, ALOT more !

And no MP !

edit: There's one thing I'd like to see changed... Gunplay ! Just sack it and go with hand to hand combat or other runners chasing you. Even then, it shouldn't dominate the game, but serve as an occasional distraction from the free-running.

Guides & Roadmaps created:
Dante's Inferno
Just Cause 2
Dead Rising 2
rrushn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:49 AM   #6
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Main thing is that I want the game to be longer. Once you know where to go you can run through the game super fast. Plus, longer campaign = more time trials which, although frustrating, is a lot of fun too.

Different paths to take. The first game was decently large but a lot it was for show. It would be nice to be able to go just about everywhere which would allow us a lot of different paths to get from A to B, not to mention getting us to explore and experiment to find the best path.

I'd also like them to drop the cartoon cutscenes. They're using a new engine which will make the game look even better than the first so it would be great to see them use that for cutscenes.

A race mode. I don't generally care for MP but this game I think could pull it off well.
dakisbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:32 PM   #7
nagyj

Nagy J's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta Glitch View Post
imagine if it was like burnout paradise.... no limits other than the entire map... doesn't care how you get there as long as you do within the allotted time. that could give people the option of studying the world and finding shortcuts... and maybe incorporate a length for 'time of day' and have security guards in some buildings at certain times of the day. this game has so much potential.
OMG I love that! I really hope they do something like this in the next one. I also hope the campaign is a bit longer this time.
nagyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:49 PM   #8
hydrosugar

xFightingSaintx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I just want the game to come out. But if it's announced, I'll probably get greedier and want free roaming too.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:19 PM   #9
Scrubber

Scrubber89's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrosugar View Post
I just want the game to come out. But if it's announced, I'll probably get greedier and want free roaming too.
ditto... first was good enough
Old 03-07-2013, 04:00 AM   #10
Barad

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Keep the multiplayer out, make the time trials slightly less frustrating. That's all.
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:35 AM   #11
HellspawnRei

HellspawnRei's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
Keep the multiplayer out, make the time trials slightly less frustrating. That's all.

Totaly agree with you.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:49 AM   #12
RamTrick

RamTrick's Gamercard
Free Roam would be amazing!
Old 08-15-2013, 03:49 AM   #13
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
No multiplayer or at least no multiplayer achievements, no infuriating time trials, and it would be amazing if there was an actual 100% 'free' running mode. Free open world and you can run anywhere you want across the rooftops.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:15 PM   #14
Darkspine360

Darkspine360's Gamercard
I think multiplayer can work if it's something like four player racing or some sort of tag mode so you have to chase each other.
Darkspine360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:37 PM   #15
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
longer and with co op. (I want co op in everything)
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 06:24 PM   #16
Haisu24

Haisu24's Gamercard
I want to see more of Mirrors Edge Not dumbed down to cater to the masses and more badassery from the main character.
Haisu24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 06:59 PM   #17
Naberios

Naberios's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcon6393 View Post
I just picked up the first one yesterday and have not been sleeping much since i got it. I think the story was amazing and the gameplay was fun and challenging at the same time.

I would like a few thins to be added/changed

1. Who wouldn't like a map editor in terms of making your own time trial and being able to let other people download it. Oh wait its EA, so the servers will be shut down with a week of release (over exaggerating the facts, but still come on EA).

2. I want a more free approach to the single player story. I think they could do brilliant things with ME2 if it was semi open world, like a hub city where you could free roam and pick out missions to do, with lots of exploration. Then when you pick a mission you go to a specific level for that mission. Maybe that is too ambitious, but i would love to see more freedom.

3. Multiplayer races. Thats it, no other multiplayer component EA. The ghosts were cool, but races against friends would be awesome

So besides seeing the game actually get released because of the back and forth conversation on whether or not it is cancelled, what would you like to see?
I'm looking for gameplay that is less likely to give me a headache and no MP achievements.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:11 AM   #18
Retribution1337

Retribution1337's Gamercard
I would LOVE to see a free-roam or hub style system. Find my own routes around the world.
Retribution1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:31 PM   #19
Teeshonator

Send a message via MSN to Teeshonator Send a message via Skype™ to Teeshonator

Teeshonator's Gamercard
I have to agree with an earlier post, map editor would be the icing on the cake. However, wishful thinking I'm afraid.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:58 AM   #20
Mr Random Hero

Mr Random Hero's Gamercard
As I said in the other thread given this is more then likely on the frostbite engine can you imagine a level in/on/around a collapsing building, now that would be amazing. Potentially.
Old 08-31-2013, 04:53 AM   #21
Billamus

Billamus's Gamercard
Have they announced a date for this yet and is it coming to Xbox One?
Old 08-31-2013, 05:57 AM   #22
Darth VeX

Darth VeX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billamus View Post
Have they announced a date for this yet and is it coming to Xbox One?
Date = No.
Xbox One = Yes.

Darth VeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:49 AM   #23
sunbeam4

sunbeam4's Gamercard
+1
and better combat. the gun grabbing felt kinda broken in the boat. really annoyed me.
sunbeam4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 02:16 AM   #24
Broke

Kained but AbIe's Gamercard
Lots of time trials, I actually really enjoyed doing them on the original!
Broke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 06:35 AM   #25
failure7X

failure7X's Gamercard
Maybe something stupid like character customization when it comes to a possible online mode, or even level customization would be pretty cool.
failure7X is offline   Reply With Quote