PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > FIFA 11
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2011, 03:37 PM   #31
StyledBear
 
StyledBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ZZ9PluralZAlpha
Posts: 105

StyledBear's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbido View Post
You wanna go on about elitism.

You lot think the world ends at the mexican and canadian boarders. Think the sun shines out of the statue of Libertys Arse. And have the gall to say we speak funny. You speak our language you idiot. Therefore by default we speak correctly and your the ones that sound like your the result of two first cousins going too far. Your from oklahoma you should know about that stuff.

You have been using the same insults at us for decades - tea drinking, crumpet eating brittisZZZZZZZZZ - its so boring. You claim not to be retarded but with comments like this, the ridiculousness of the opening post and the fact im yet to come across one of you that can string together a sentence without using the words fag, fuck, dude or douchebag. I would have to agree with the rest of the world. You cant even say Iraq right.

Im still yet to discover why someone who hates sport was on a sporting page in the first place.

Face it culley, your country is a joke.

Im off to have queen with the tea now. Toodle pip.

simply stunning
__________________
Retail (20)
Assassin's Creed II, Dragon Age Orgins + II, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, LEGO HP 1-4, LEGO PotC, LOST Via Domus, Madden 06 + 08 + 09, Mass Effect 1 + 2, NBA 2K6, Shrek the Third, Star Wars: TFU, Tekken 6, WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2010 + 2011, WWE 12
Arcade
(2)
Monkey Island 1, Monkey Island 2


StyledBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:28 PM   #32
institutions
 
institutions's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lordran
Posts: 1,081
Send a message via MSN to institutions

institutions's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbido View Post
You wanna go on about elitism.

You lot think the world ends at the mexican and canadian boarders. Think the sun shines out of the statue of Libertys Arse. And have the gall to say we speak funny. You speak our language you idiot. Therefore by default we speak correctly and your the ones that sound like your the result of two first cousins going too far. Your from oklahoma you should know about that stuff.

You have been using the same insults at us for decades - tea drinking, crumpet eating brittisZZZZZZZZZ - its so boring. You claim not to be retarded but with comments like this, the ridiculousness of the opening post and the fact im yet to come across one of you that can string together a sentence without using the words fag, fuck, dude or douchebag. I would have to agree with the rest of the world. You cant even say Iraq right.

Im still yet to discover why someone who hates sport was on a sporting page in the first place.

Face it culley, your country is a joke.

Im off to have queen with the tea now. Toodle pip.
I think you've proved my point quite nicely. Saying that all Americans do all of these things is just downright retarded.
I acknowledge and welcome immigration, i've never said anything about your language, and I don't spew old stereotypes.
Not one of my posts in this thread contain the words fag, fuck, dude, or douchebag.

There are geniuses and idiots in every country, not just America, and your little comment about Oklahoma and cousins, and basically your attitude in general, shows me that you are part of the latter.

I was in a sporting section because I believe I browse forums differently than some people. I don't go to individual sections, but use the "New Posts" button at the top to see new posts in a variety of sections.

Say hello to the Queen for me. I'm off to watch Nascar with my friends in the trailer park.
__________________
Anime List | Manga List
mio akiyama = mai waifu
-----

institutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:57 PM   #33
WogDogg
 
WogDogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 171

Dam0wned's Gamercard
Any of you guys realise that it's only the idiots that care about any of this? Like your sport, follow your sport, play your sport, support your team and bash your rivals, you should be happy more people actually like your sport.
Not everyone in England thinks Americans are too retarded to understand/play football (soccer), and not all Americans think us English guys are too retarded for American football.

BTW, don't let the avatar fool you, I'm 100% English.
__________________

Last edited by WogDogg; 07-01-2011 at 10:00 PM.
WogDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 04:12 AM   #34
LThompson6
 
LThompson6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nottingham, England
Posts: 371

LThompson06's Gamercard
At the end of the day a lot of English people love football and so do a lot of Americans, it's the same game in both countries but we call it two different names, in England you're told to call it football and in America you're told to call it soccer, the only difference is with the words associated with the game and we're two different countries so why should we force eachother to use certain words when they all mean the same thing anyway.
__________________






Last edited by LThompson6; 07-02-2011 at 04:14 AM.
LThompson6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 07:55 AM   #35
Assasin13
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Seattle, Washington
Posts: 53

NFBT's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbido View Post
You wanna go on about elitism.

You lot think the world ends at the mexican and canadian boarders. Think the sun shines out of the statue of Libertys Arse. And have the gall to say we speak funny. You speak our language you idiot. Therefore by default we speak correctly and your the ones that sound like your the result of two first cousins going too far. Your from oklahoma you should know about that stuff.

You have been using the same insults at us for decades - tea drinking, crumpet eating brittisZZZZZZZZZ - its so boring. You claim not to be retarded but with comments like this, the ridiculousness of the opening post and the fact im yet to come across one of you that can string together a sentence without using the words fag, fuck, dude or douchebag. I would have to agree with the rest of the world. You cant even say Iraq right.

Im still yet to discover why someone who hates sport was on a sporting page in the first place.

Face it culley, your country is a joke.

Im off to have queen with the tea now. Toodle pip.
Hmm well I am pretty sure that my post did not include the words that you say you have never heard an American be able to say a sentence without using so that pretty much makes your comment invalid. Also in saying that us Americans are idiots who don't respect people from around the world you have just done the exact same thing you accuse us of doing. Well enjoy your queen with the tea now."Toodle pip?" Hmm funny words.
Assasin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 08:07 AM   #36
MxPx
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,931

MxPx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbido View Post
You wanna go on about elitism.

You lot think the world ends at the mexican and canadian boarders. Think the sun shines out of the statue of Libertys Arse. And have the gall to say we speak funny. You speak our language you idiot. Therefore by default we speak correctly and your the ones that sound like your the result of two first cousins going too far. Your from oklahoma you should know about that stuff.

You have been using the same insults at us for decades - tea drinking, crumpet eating brittisZZZZZZZZZ - its so boring. You claim not to be retarded but with comments like this, the ridiculousness of the opening post and the fact im yet to come across one of you that can string together a sentence without using the words fag, fuck, dude or douchebag. I would have to agree with the rest of the world. You cant even say Iraq right.

Im still yet to discover why someone who hates sport was on a sporting page in the first place.

Face it culley, your country is a joke.

Im off to have queen with the tea now. Toodle pip.
Ahh the irony of this post. You claim that Americans say, "Iraq" improperly, while concurrently declaring Americans to be "elitists".

By the same token, spend a few hours in British lobbies on Call of Duty and all you'll hear is, "Bollocks! Wanker! Bloody Yank!" and a slew of slang words that are quite un-"safe".
MxPx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 04:27 PM   #37
Morbido
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,602

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by institutions View Post
Not one of my posts in this thread contain the words fag, fuck, dude, or douchebag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by institutions View Post

The fact is that soccer is now a widely accepted alternative name to your sport, and you should probably just get the fuck over it.
Says it all about your intelligence.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Assasin13 View Post
Hmm well I am pretty sure that my post did not include the words that you say you have never heard an American be able to say a sentence without using so that pretty much makes your comment invalid. Also in saying that us Americans are idiots who don't respect people from around the world you have just done the exact same thing you accuse us of doing. Well enjoy your queen with the tea now."Toodle pip?" Hmm funny words.
Your right I have just done the same. But as you were bitching that Europeans didn't take you seriously when it came to football, then preceded to give us two facts that were both false. Its impossible to respect someone like you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxPx View Post
Ahh the irony of this post. You claim that Americans say, "Iraq" improperly, while concurrently declaring Americans to be "elitists".

By the same token, spend a few hours in British lobbies on Call of Duty and all you'll hear is, "Bollocks! Wanker! Bloody Yank!" and a slew of slang words that are quite un-"safe".
Not sure what your point is. Also dont know what un-"safe" means. Is it a make of sneaker?
Morbido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:20 PM   #38
MxPx
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,931

MxPx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbido View Post
Not sure what your point is. Also dont know what un-"safe" means. Is it a make of sneaker?
Then apparently you don't even know British English then. You would understand that phrase if you did.

So basically, you're just a troll.
MxPx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:21 PM   #39
AshleighB
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3

OoAshleigh95oO's Gamercard
oh yeah i was playing on cod and americans was taking the mick outta me so shhhhhhhhhhh
AshleighB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:56 PM   #40
Morbido
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,602

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MxPx View Post
Then apparently you don't even know British English then. You would understand that phrase if you did.

So basically, you're just a troll.
I know what unsafe means. Dont know what it means with the speech marks.

If its slang for something that im not aware of that instantly makes me a troll, does it?

You are honestly not doing yourself any favours when it comes to our opinions of your intelligence.
Morbido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 06:14 PM   #41
MxPx
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,931

MxPx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
In this instance, the quotation marks are used to show the use of a word in a manner that is not of normal American lexicon.

i.e., "unsafe" means something different than un-"safe".

This is fundamental English grammar, broseph.

But to get back on topic...Can't wait for fifa 12.

Last edited by MxPx; 07-03-2011 at 06:17 PM.
MxPx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:38 PM   #42
Assasin13
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Seattle, Washington
Posts: 53

NFBT's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbido View Post

On why your mocked -

Teams with stupid gimmick names
No promotion/relegation
Calling kits, uniforms/jerseys
Absurd commentary - Man City Vs Ny red bulls in a friendly before the start of the 10/11 season was an embarrassment
Calling squads rosters
Using the word franchise
Ok if these are the reasons we are mocked then that is stupid.

Ok for teams with stupid gimmick names. What's wrong with that? If we enjoy giving our teams names so what? Some of them don't even have names anyways. For example Real Salt Lake doesn't have a name other than just that. Also over in Europe I am pretty sure there are teams such as the Amsterdam "Ajax" and Manchester United are often called the Red Devil so ya that is a pretty stupid reason.

Also what is wrong with no promotion/relegation? As a young footballing nation we do not have the means to be able to do this as it would pretty much kill the sport and besides this is how we have done our sports since the begginiing of us having sports, be it baseball, American football, basketball, or hockey.

Next, for us calling kits uniforms/jerseys let me get this straight. A kit is the combination of the top, shorts, and socks. While a jersey or shirt is just the top which us here in America be it any sport usually buy/wear. we don't walk around with our baseball jerseys, pants, socks, and belts and say to one another hey nice kit you got there. No we generally just wear the jersey. Here is a link to show that even in the UK the top is not called a kit http://www.uksoccershop.com/ Oh wait what was that? The UK shop is called soccer shop and yes everything is in pounds not dollars. AKA not an American shop

Next for the absurd commentary. The commentary is actually rather good here in America, at least our ESPN coverage which is the big sports station as well as my local teams commentator is good. Whereas Fox's coverage which was probably covering that match is a joke and I can't stand them. During pregame of the UEFA Champions League Final they said well this match is a much bigger event than the NFL regular season game here at Wembley a few months ago. Well no duh!!!!!!!! I guess that's what you get for putting NFL guys on the coverage oh well at least our other stations are good.

For calling squads rosters, I don't think I have ever heard and American call a squad a roster be it a regular person or a broadcaster they always have called them squads. Even during Fox's coverage of the UEFA Champions League Final.

Finally for using the word Franchise, it is the same as calling squads rosters, we actually call them clubs thank you very much. Even my team, Seattle Sounders FC uses the term club, hence the FC which means football club.

So there you go. Now lets see why else should they not like soccer or football whatever you want to call it. Oh because they weren't willing to switch the name of a popular American sport football so they can change the name of soccer to football due to the fact that Europeans call it that. Well lets see I'm pretty sure American football fans would be pretty pissed about that.

Well anyways goodbye.

Last edited by Assasin13; 07-04-2011 at 02:42 PM.
Assasin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:48 PM   #43
khartoun
 
khartoun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 207

kHartouN's Gamercard
Despite it being internationally recognized as "football" around the world and it's referred to as "soccer" in America is why people conceive Americans arrogant towards the game, oh and MLS...

while I've got nothing against Americans who watch and love the game.. there are a lot of people over there who make the game look like a joke. Most popular sport in the world too might I add to justify the last sentence.

It's the same over here people call it soccer, annoys me especially when I read the word "soccer" in the newspaper..

oh and what cracked me up is that they spelled, in a popular newspaper, "Tottenham" "Tottingham" over here. australia and america aren't, in the near future, gonna be footballing nations.

if nfl (god such a boring sport :/) became popular in England it'd be exactly the same.. just americans conceiving english people as idiots.
__________________
if you enjoy fifa ut journeys, please check mine out http://www.youtube.com/user/IamKarll ;-)

khartoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:20 PM   #44
Assasin13
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Seattle, Washington
Posts: 53

NFBT's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by khartoun View Post
if nfl (god such a boring sport :/) became popular in England it'd be exactly the same.. just americans conceiving english people as idiots.
Oh my god!!!! An American just insulted soccer!!!! Lets go blast him!!!! Oh but by the way the NFL sucks.
Assasin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 04:53 PM   #45
Morbido
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,602

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assasin13 View Post
Ok if these are the reasons we are mocked then that is stupid.

Ok for teams with stupid gimmick names. What's wrong with that? If we enjoy giving our teams names so what? Some of them don't even have names anyways. For example Real Salt Lake doesn't have a name other than just that. Also over in Europe I am pretty sure there are teams such as the Amsterdam "Ajax" and Manchester United are often called the Red Devil so ya that is a pretty stupid reason.

Also what is wrong with no promotion/relegation? As a young footballing nation we do not have the means to be able to do this as it would pretty much kill the sport and besides this is how we have done our sports since the begginiing of us having sports, be it baseball, American football, basketball, or hockey.

Next, for us calling kits uniforms/jerseys let me get this straight. A kit is the combination of the top, shorts, and socks. While a jersey or shirt is just the top which us here in America be it any sport usually buy/wear. we don't walk around with our baseball jerseys, pants, socks, and belts and say to one another hey nice kit you got there. No we generally just wear the jersey. Here is a link to show that even in the UK the top is not called a kit http://www.uksoccershop.com/ Oh wait what was that? The UK shop is called soccer shop and yes everything is in pounds not dollars. AKA not an American shop

Next for the absurd commentary. The commentary is actually rather good here in America, at least our ESPN coverage which is the big sports station as well as my local teams commentator is good. Whereas Fox's coverage which was probably covering that match is a joke and I can't stand them. During pregame of the UEFA Champions League Final they said well this match is a much bigger event than the NFL regular season game here at Wembley a few months ago. Well no duh!!!!!!!! I guess that's what you get for putting NFL guys on the coverage oh well at least our other stations are good.

For calling squads rosters, I don't think I have ever heard and American call a squad a roster be it a regular person or a broadcaster they always have called them squads. Even during Fox's coverage of the UEFA Champions League Final.

Finally for using the word Franchise, it is the same as calling squads rosters, we actually call them clubs thank you very much. Even my team, Seattle Sounders FC uses the term club, hence the FC which means football club.

So there you go. Now lets see why else should they not like soccer or football whatever you want to call it. Oh because they weren't willing to switch the name of a popular American sport football so they can change the name of soccer to football due to the fact that Europeans call it that. Well lets see I'm pretty sure American football fans would be pretty pissed about that.

Well anyways goodbye.
You make some fair points. It might have taken you nearly a week, but good job.

I will just say that what is a Sounder? Because names like this really dont help you. Also having teams named after energy drinks is ridiculous, (NY Red Bulls). Because as there is little to no history in your sports when Red Bull decide to stop sponsoring NY they will have to change their name.

Teams in the UK have over 100 years of history. Never move town/city, never change name and dont constantly re-name their stadiums. It is because of these things, basically a mirror opposite to what goes on in the states that make football the sport it is.

Also every team has a nickname. Man united are called the red devils as 99% of their fans will burn for being glory hunters. Just kidding, i have no idea why they are called that.

Look I, like many still dont like you lot calling it soccer. That would have been adverted if when american football was invented you had called it something original and more appropriate. But thats in the past. Like ive said before I dont care if the majority of your country doesn't like it. What pisses me off is ill-informed opinions and people like the three cunts who are making a fool out of themselves on the latest Fifa news page available on this sites homepage.
Morbido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:25 PM   #46
MxPx
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,931

MxPx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by khartoun View Post
Despite it being internationally recognized as "football" around the world and it's referred to as "soccer" in America is why people conceive Americans arrogant towards the game, oh and MLS...

while I've got nothing against Americans who watch and love the game.. there are a lot of people over there who make the game look like a joke. Most popular sport in the world too might I add to justify the last sentence.

It's the same over here people call it soccer, annoys me especially when I read the word "soccer" in the newspaper..

oh and what cracked me up is that they spelled, in a popular newspaper, "Tottenham" "Tottingham" over here. australia and america aren't, in the near future, gonna be footballing nations.

if nfl (god such a boring sport :/) became popular in England it'd be exactly the same.. just americans conceiving english people as idiots.
Well now you're just arguing semantics. Does it anger you when the French refer to Germany as "Allemagne"?

Sounds like a lot of you guys just got your butt hurt than your only real sport is Soccer. What else you got over there? Polo? Badminton? Rugby is chill...but a dead sport.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy watching soccer quite much. But sounds like you guys need some new competition. Get some hockey going over there.

http://inventors.about.com/od/fstart...ryFootball.htm

Last edited by MxPx; 07-04-2011 at 06:30 PM.
MxPx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:41 PM   #47
MxPx
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,931

MxPx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbido View Post
You make some fair points. It might have taken you nearly a week, but good job.

I will just say that what is a Sounder? Because names like this really dont help you. Also having teams named after energy drinks is ridiculous, (NY Red Bulls). Because as there is little to no history in your sports when Red Bull decide to stop sponsoring NY they will have to change their name.

Teams in the UK have over 100 years of history. Never move town/city, never change name and dont constantly re-name their stadiums. It is because of these things, basically a mirror opposite to what goes on in the states that make football the sport it is.

Also every team has a nickname. Man united are called the red devils as 99% of their fans will burn for being glory hunters. Just kidding, i have no idea why they are called that.

Look I, like many still dont like you lot calling it soccer. That would have been adverted if when american football was invented you had called it something original and more appropriate. But thats in the past. Like ive said before I dont care if the majority of your country doesn't like it. What pisses me off is ill-informed opinions and people like the three cunts who are making a fool out of themselves on the latest Fifa news page available on this sites homepage.
I will just say what is a Hotspur? Because names like this don't really help you.

The Red Bulls will either return to the name they held for the first 10 years of their existence, the Metro Stars, or acquire a new name.

A. Professional football has only existed for about 50 years. Sorry we haven't been playing the same sport for the past 500 years, but we were kinda doing more important things like fighting wars, building a government, etc. We've only really truly been settled down as a nation since WWII, once we so graciously protected your nation from certain destruction. =X
MxPx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:21 AM   #48
Assasin13
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Seattle, Washington
Posts: 53

NFBT's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbido View Post
You make some fair points. It might have taken you nearly a week, but good job.

I will just say that what is a Sounder? Because names like this really dont help you. Also having teams named after energy drinks is ridiculous, (NY Red Bulls). Because as there is little to no history in your sports when Red Bull decide to stop sponsoring NY they will have to change their name.

Teams in the UK have over 100 years of history. Never move town/city, never change name and dont constantly re-name their stadiums. It is because of these things, basically a mirror opposite to what goes on in the states that make football the sport it is.

Also every team has a nickname. Man united are called the red devils as 99% of their fans will burn for being glory hunters. Just kidding, i have no idea why they are called that.

Look I, like many still dont like you lot calling it soccer. That would have been adverted if when american football was invented you had called it something original and more appropriate. But thats in the past. Like ive said before I dont care if the majority of your country doesn't like it. What pisses me off is ill-informed opinions and people like the three cunts who are making a fool out of themselves on the latest Fifa news page available on this sites homepage.
A Sounder is a person who is from the Puget Sound which is where Seattle is located. We even have a fast transportation train called the Sounder that runs through our area. As for the New York Red Bulls, I completely agree with you, having your team named after an energy drink is just plain stupid when they could have named their team something like I don't know say the New York Liberty or something like that. Also for stadium name changes, a lot of our stadiums have had the same name for decades even over a century such as Fenway Park, Wrigley Field, and Yankee Stadium. For us our more famous stadiums are our baseball fields as it shares a similar gloried past as soccer or football has over there in Europe. Our soccer stadiums currently haven't had enough time to get famous and I am afraid none ever will get the chance as it is kind of late for that to ever happen.
Assasin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:04 PM   #49
LThompson6
 
LThompson6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nottingham, England
Posts: 371

LThompson06's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MxPx View Post
A. Professional football has only existed for about 50 years. Sorry we haven't been playing the same sport for the past 500 years, but we were kinda doing more important things like fighting wars, building a government, etc. We've only really truly been settled down as a nation since WWII, once we so graciously protected your nation from certain destruction. =X
And then you say something like that to make yourself look retarded again.
__________________





LThompson6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:36 PM   #50
Storm Cobra
 
Storm Cobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 111
I think the interest for soccer is rising in the US. The national team became very good like we've seen at the World Cup or Gold Cup. Of course, this sport isn't so popular in the US like others. It's more the opposite, I have big respect for how good the Major League in the US became and the National Team. I also like the playing style of players like Donovan or Dempsey. But I never hear someone making jokes of the americans for not liking soccer. Seems like a british habbit.

When we play FIFA 11, we often change through couple of leagues and we often take Teams from Major League Soccer or the US National Team. Of course not as often like Teams from Germany, Spain, England or so, but I play often enough with L.A. Galaxy ^^

Last edited by Storm Cobra; 07-05-2011 at 03:40 PM.
Storm Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:10 PM   #51
Morbido
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,602

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MxPx View Post

Sounds like a lot of you guys just got your butt hurt than your only real sport is Soccer. What else you got over there? Polo? Badminton? Rugby is chill...but a dead sport.
Our only real sport is football? A real sport is a sport that is played by more than a few countries. Rugby Union, Rugby League, Hockey (grass), Snooker etc. This might seem mind boggling to someone like you but cricket is more popular than the four of your sports put together. Bet they dont mention that in your schools?



Quote:
Originally Posted by MxPx View Post
I will just say what is a Hotspur? Because names like this don't really help you.

The Red Bulls will either return to the name they held for the first 10 years of their existence, the Metro Stars, or acquire a new name.

A. Professional football has only existed for about 50 years. Sorry we haven't been playing the same sport for the past 500 years, but we were kinda doing more important things like fighting wars, building a government, etc. We've only really truly been settled down as a nation since WWII, once we so graciously protected your nation from certain destruction. =X
Fair point about Tottenham.

Your point about NYs team just proves my point about there being no history.

Fighting wars? Hows that going at the minute? Just think if you hadn't spent the last nine years cocking up in Iraq and Afghanistan the MLS might be as good as the Premier League or La Liga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assasin13 View Post
A Sounder is a person who is from the Puget Sound which is where Seattle is located. We even have a fast transportation train called the Sounder that runs through our area. As for the New York Red Bulls, I completely agree with you, having your team named after an energy drink is just plain stupid when they could have named their team something like I don't know say the New York Liberty or something like that. Also for stadium name changes, a lot of our stadiums have had the same name for decades even over a century such as Fenway Park, Wrigley Field, and Yankee Stadium. For us our more famous stadiums are our baseball fields as it shares a similar gloried past as soccer or football has over there in Europe. Our soccer stadiums currently haven't had enough time to get famous and I am afraid none ever will get the chance as it is kind of late for that to ever happen.
Again, fair points. Wasn't aware of the history of baseball stadiums.
Morbido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:16 PM   #52
FiNaL MaKo
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6

FiNaL MaKo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbido View Post
You make some fair points. It might have taken you nearly a week, but good job.

I will just say that what is a Sounder? Because names like this really dont help you. Also having teams named after energy drinks is ridiculous, (NY Red Bulls). Because as there is little to no history in your sports when Red Bull decide to stop sponsoring NY they will have to change their name.
What's a Hotspur? Also it's called sponsorship, they we're named the MetroStars before I'm sure they will go back to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbido View Post
Teams in the UK have over 100 years of history. Never move town/city, never change name and dont constantly re-name their stadiums. It is because of these things, basically a mirror opposite to what goes on in the states that make football the sport it is.
Wimbledon meet MK Dons. Emirates Stadium, Reebok Stadium, the (formerly) JJB Stadium. Those are just the ones from the top of my head in the premier league alone. Not even going to acknowledge your history comment as it already speaks to your ignorance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbido View Post
Also every team has a nickname. Man united are called the red devils as 99% of their fans will burn for being glory hunters. Just kidding, i have no idea why they are called that.

Look I, like many still dont like you lot calling it soccer. That would have been adverted if when american football was invented you had called it something original and more appropriate. But thats in the past. Like ive said before I dont care if the majority of your country doesn't like it. What pisses me off is ill-informed opinions and people like the three cunts who are making a fool out of themselves on the latest Fifa news page available on this sites homepage.
Why does it bother you what they call the sport? They already have a sport called Football, would be kind of confusing to be calling 2 different sports by the same name.

Most Americans that follow football do have a clue about it. Also don't blame Europeans in general, this is clearly an England only thing. Haters Gonna Hate.
FiNaL MaKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:09 PM   #53
MxPx
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,931

MxPx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbido View Post
Our only real sport is football? A real sport is a sport that is played by more than a few countries. Rugby Union, Rugby League, Hockey (grass), Snooker etc. This might seem mind boggling to someone like you but cricket is more popular than the four of your sports put together. Bet they dont mention that in your schools?
Is that the definition? To me, a "sport" is nothing but an organized athletic competition featuring two or more recognizably different teams in direct opposition to one another. Where it's played is irrelevant.

Quote:
Fair point about Tottenham.

Your point about NYs team just proves my point about there being no history.

Fighting wars? Hows that going at the minute? Just think if you hadn't spent the last nine years cocking up in Iraq and Afghanistan the MLS might be as good as the Premier League or La Liga.
The MLS has only existed for a handful of years. THAT right THERE is the elitism I was saying that you guys have.

Iraq and MLS are completely unrelated entities. Maybe if we had a draft, you'd have a point, but I highly doubt we lost any key MLS players to the voluntary war.

Problem with the MLS right now is coaching talent. That will only come with time. As the current players get better, get older, become coaches, they'll offer up their experience, and the cycle will progress.
MxPx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:28 PM   #54
Assasin13
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Seattle, Washington
Posts: 53

NFBT's Gamercard
[QUOTE=Morbido;4340448]Our only real sport is football? A real sport is a sport that is played by more than a few countries. Rugby Union, Rugby League, Hockey (grass), Snooker etc. This might seem mind boggling to someone like you but cricket is more popular than the four of your sports put together. Bet they dont mention that in your schools?/QUOTE]

On the topic of cricket being more popular than four of our sports combined is irrelevant as that could be said for your sports as well. Take volleyball, swimming, gymastics, and water polo and you've got yourself four sports played in high schools across America that if they're total popularity were combined wouldn't be as popular as cricket. Oh but wait I'm pretty sure we could do that with British sports as well. Next I don't see why you say "Hockey (grass)" when Ice Hockey is a much more popular sport worldwide and played in countries such as America, Canada, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Russia, Ukraine, and more Eastern European Countries as well as some Western while not as popular in those. Sorry but I just find it interesting that you are trying to avoid popular world wide sports played over here in North America. Oh and yes the NHL which consists of Canadian and American teams is the biggest ice hockey league in the world. With only the Russian league having any competion with it and even then its no where near as big. It also has its own world cup style tournament that is played during the winter olympics every four years. With smaller tournaments played in between. Oh and then there is baseball which is played by America, Canada, all of Latin America, Japan, Korea, and parts of Europe. With the biggest league being over here in the USA and Canada. It too has had a few world baseball classics which is a world cup style tournament.

There are also other sports that we play that are popular world wide that we have one of the largest leagues for. For example golf, The PGA Tour is tied for the largest in the world with the European Tour. Tennis is another sport that is popular here and we even hold one of the major tournaments the U.S. Open in New York City.
So I am pretty sure that we aren't lacking in popular world wide sports.

Sorry about the qoute up at the top, I don't know why its not showing it in its usual form.

Last edited by Assasin13; 07-05-2011 at 08:40 PM.
Assasin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:52 PM   #55
Kunduz
 
Kunduz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 3,177

Herr Karamell's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
are we talking football or what you americans perceive as football? :P
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
In that case, people will have to download more RAM for it. Consoles have come a long way since they first appeared, so this is very possible.
Kunduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:43 PM   #56
LThompson6
 
LThompson6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nottingham, England
Posts: 371

LThompson06's Gamercard
To all the Americans who keep proving morbido wrong just ignore him he likes to argue on this site, he says fair point but then carries on arguing about something anyway.

And i agree with Storm Cobra theres a lot of American footballers that I like to watch Donovan was good on his loan to Everton especially when he broke Ashley Cole's ankle, and I enjoy watching Clint Dempsey getting stuck in with Fulham he's a lot better to watch then a lot of the arragant rich kids in the league, and as to comparing the two leagues the MLS is definitely a lower standard but as MxPx said its not an old league and it can only get better.

And about the whole football soccer argument goes a lot of Americans don't care about football and a lot of English people don't care about football, we should be happy all of these countries are playing and enjoying a sport that came from our countryits not like they've took our sport abd called it something offensive, they've already used the word football so they cant use it again everyone should be able to enjoy it no matter what country they're from. Well thats my view anyway.
__________________





LThompson6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 04:20 PM   #57
Morbido
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,602

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiNaL MaKo View Post
What's a Hotspur?

Wimbledon meet MK Dons. Emirates Stadium, Reebok Stadium, the (formerly) JJB Stadium. Those are just the ones from the top of my head in the premier league alone. Not even going to acknowledge your history comment as it already speaks to your ignorance.
Hi. RE Spurs, We have already covered that.

MK Dons are a joke that will go bust when Wimbledon overtake them in 2-3 years time.

Those are new stadiums and whilst Arsenal and Bolton will probably have to change. The JJB sports shop, stadium and Wigan are owned by the same guy and as the guy is practically a god in the town I cant see them changing the name of the stadium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assasin13 View Post
. Oh and then there is baseball which is played by America, Canada, all of Latin America, Japan, Korea, and parts of Europe. With the biggest league being over here in the USA and Canada. It too has had a few world baseball classics which is a world cup style tournament.
Baseball is not played in Europe.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LThompson6 View Post
To all the Americans who keep proving morbido wrong just ignore him he likes to argue on this site, he says fair point but then carries on arguing about something anyway.
Lol. Let last year go you prat. You were caught trying to cheat, a lot of us had a good laugh at you. Then we moved on.

If someone makes a fair point. I will acknowledge it. But there is a high probability that one good point is then countered by 2-3 stupid ones.

Like yourself said, when that clown started talking about wars.

Last edited by Morbido; 07-06-2011 at 04:24 PM.
Morbido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:33 PM   #58
MxPx
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,931

MxPx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
No baseball in Europe? Oh really?

http://www.baseballgermany.com/

http://www.italybaseball.com/

http://www.spainbaseball.com/

http://www.britishbaseball.org/



Last edited by MxPx; 07-06-2011 at 05:37 PM.
MxPx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:54 AM   #59
Assasin13
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Seattle, Washington
Posts: 53

NFBT's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbido View Post


Baseball is not played in Europe.



Baseball actually is played in Europe. As we have actually had a few good European baseball players from countries such as Germany and the Netherlands, including a few others. While it may not be as big over there in Europe and we may not get as many stars from therea as say Japan, Korea, the Caribean such as the Dominican Republic(They've got some real good players), Central America and South America, I quote they do play baseball in Europe as also proved by the above post showing the sites of the European baseball leagues.

I also do believe I remember another American/Canadian sport I forgot to mention, Basketball. Basketball is wildly popular in Europe and pretty much every other part of the world as we have many Europeans, African, Asian, and South American players in our league. I was just in Italy and Holland in May and June of this year and in almost every sports shop I was in American/Canadian basketball jerseys were selling like crazy. The NBA draft usually has a few players around the world being drafted. This last one had 14 oversees players chosen out of 60 total players chosen(I believe it was the most ever) from these following countries; Turkey(1), Lithuania(1), Serbia(1), Spain(2), Italy(1), Croatia(1), Japan(1), Slovenia(1), Israel(1), Nigeria(1), Qatar(1), Austraila(1), and Hungary(1).
There is also a FIFA World Championship held every four years including nations from around the world in a world cup style tournament. I mentioned this due to Europeans saying we don't play any popular sports that are played around the world. Oh and one of the Spain draftees was from Real Madrid's basketball team, kind of funny.
Assasin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:01 PM   #60
Morbido
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,602

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Looks like im wrong. Apologies guys. Id heard there was not a single baseball pitch in the UK. The nearest one to us being in Ireland.

Last edited by Morbido; 07-07-2011 at 12:03 PM.
Morbido is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:04 PM.