PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shmup > Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-13-2011, 12:30 PM   #1
comfy socks

comfy socks's Gamercard
Favourite class

For those who have had a chance to play as all 4 classes/characters what would you say is your favourite class?
personally my favourite if the tech marine because his special ability if the best if you are getting overrun and he manages to balance ranged and melee very well.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:37 PM   #2
x Akwellen x

Akwellen's Gamercard
So far I've used the devastator and the techmarine and so far i prefer the devastator but i will try the other classes after work

GT: Akwellen
x Akwellen x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:20 PM   #3
comfy socks

comfy socks's Gamercard
by the devastator do you mean the sternguard veteran? the guy with the heavy bolter.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:51 PM   #4
Primarch Akurei

Primarch Akurei's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by comfy socks View Post
by the devastator do you mean the sternguard veteran? the guy with the heavy bolter.
Yes that's what he means, and is technically correct. Space marine heavy weapons squads are called "Devastator squads" (or were back when I played). Actually just google "space marine devastator" and you'll see that the game borked the name to make it sound more exotic I guess.

Primarch Akurei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 02:07 PM   #5
mercianix

Send a message via Skype™ to mercianix

mercianix's Gamercard
The Sternguard & Vanguard aren't specific to this game (or any other THQ title) they were introduced to SM Codex a few years back to distinguish between company veterans. The idea being that a Sternguard, is a First Company elite Devestator and is better equipped / experienced than other marines in the same role.

I still prever Devestator as a title though.
mercianix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 02:08 PM   #6
comfy socks

comfy socks's Gamercard
i will agree that devastater sounds better.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:18 PM   #7
Mordaire

Mordaire's Gamercard
They DID kinda sorta throw the Devastator title in the game in a roundabout way, as the name of the Achievement for completing a mission without using any melee.
Mordaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:32 PM   #8
Kinesis

kinesis916's Gamercard
I think I like the Vanguard best, love the lightning claw. Though the Sternguard, with his crazy megafire missile launcher is a lot of fun.
Kinesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:49 PM   #9
AMATHUS21

AMATHUS21's Gamercard
When i first started playing this game i dodn't like the techmarine, that was until i unlocked the meltagun, never stops firing
AMATHUS21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:10 PM   #10
RogueSatedan

RogueSatedan's Gamercard
im loving the devastator and heavy bolter, especially with rapid fire... i am only upset there are only five chapters to choose from. well i am more upset that the space wolves arnt one of them! the had better not f'up an keep the space wolves out of space marine or i will be peeved.
RogueSatedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:47 PM   #11
Mordaire

Mordaire's Gamercard
I may have misread or be misremembering, RogueSatedan, but I'm pretty sure the character in Space Marine is an Ultramarine and there is no Chapter choice at all.
Mordaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:51 AM   #12
Adamant Truth

Adamant Truth's Gamercard
There is a chapter choice, but it's purely cosmetic
Adamant Truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:58 AM   #13
isual

Send a message via AIM to isual Send a message via Yahoo to isual

isual's Gamercard
Librarian seems the most balanced. Sterngard (devastator) is the best long ranged.
isual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 02:48 AM   #14
RogueSatedan

RogueSatedan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordaire View Post
I may have misread or be misremembering, RogueSatedan, but I'm pretty sure the character in Space Marine is an Ultramarine and there is no Chapter choice at all.
yeah i dont mind for the storyline but if there is a multiplayer there will NEED to be multiple chapters... unless it will only have the option to be eldar, orks, etc. i am hoping it is something kinda like tom clancy endwar and you get to choose a chapter/ faction to play as. i think that would be pretty sweet. i bet itll be more similarto the dawn of war setup thoughwhere you can choose a race to play as... guesss well see!
RogueSatedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:14 AM   #15
Le Vampyr

Das Belmont's Gamercard
I love playing as the Librarian with melee upgrades and hoarding melee power ups, then just rushing in and killing everything as soon as it spawns Yes, I know he's not the best melee, but I prefer his special to the Vanguard, as sometimes the Vanguard's special causes me to fall to my death lol. Plus, the Librarian looks badass

Also, Blood Angels FTW!
My Twitch - www.twitch.tv/das_belmont/profile
9 Upload videos featured on the Xbox One Upload App so far and 740+ followers.
Le Vampyr  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:17 AM   #16
comfy socks

comfy socks's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATHUS21 View Post
When i first started playing this game i dodn't like the techmarine, that was until i unlocked the meltagun, never stops firing
meltgun FTW especially with quad fire.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:49 PM   #17
tkhbecker

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Imperial Fists, Librarian, Force Sword Epic, +25% Health, +25% Range

Pixels
tkhbecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:49 PM   #18
R0B

R0b's Gamercard
tech marine enhanced special + ranged
R0B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 12:15 AM   #19
comfy socks

comfy socks's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkhbecker View Post
Imperial Fists, Librarian, Force Sword Epic, +25% Health, +25% Range
might have to try this for my second playthrough sounds as though it could work

Last edited by comfy socks; 07-16-2011 at 02:22 PM.
comfy socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:48 PM   #20
waxc3

waxc3's Gamercard
If I played anyone other than the main gun guy the game was frustratingly hard
waxc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:35 PM   #21
Malkaiah

Malkaiah's Gamercard
It's tricky to pick. I did my first playthrough as the Sternguard and loved him. Focused Fire combined with the Rapid Fire powerup using the Missile Launcher just devastates anything.

But on my second time I'm playing the Vanguard and have to say I'm enjoying him a lot more. Mainly because of his Charge attack, just tears through everything.

Did my first playthrough supported by a Librarian, second time supported by a Tech. Works very well to have Close Quarters combined with long range.

Malkaiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:59 PM   #22
shinobigarth

Send a message via Skype™ to shinobigarth

ShinobiGarth's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primarch Akurei View Post

i wish Avitus' squad looked like these guys in DOW2. he only gets 2 squadmates and they only get base heavy bolters.

MSG me on Live!
shinobigarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:36 AM   #23
GarethGoreYaDig?

techmarine - meltagun wins. and i love the spesh ability. i like the devastor class best though. rocket launcher + quad fire. sheer rape.

i deff prefer the shooting classes over the libarian and the assault class
GarethGoreYaDig? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:02 AM   #24
HybridPK

Send a message via AIM to HybridPK

HybridPK's Gamercard
I'm fond of all but the Vanguard Veteran.
HybridPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:14 PM   #25
infrenis

infrenis's Gamercard
This games classes feel crazy awesome. Just had to preface my choice with that! These characters are listed in order of how useful they are from a scoring perspective.

#4. Tech Marine: I honestly don't understand how people can play as him. The melta gun seems like a good idea, but its lack of actual damage and the fact that his RB is useless for getting a higher multiplier. Idk, looks fun, but he's just so meh.

#3. Librarian: His RB ability is just too amazing. The only reason I don't particularly like him as my "main" is because he's only good in CC, making him vulnerable since every enemy in this game can attack just as fast as you can. Before the Sternguard gets the missile launcher, his ability is the best in the game along side the Vanguards.

#2. Vanguard: Lol. He's literally the Librarian with a better RB ability. I literally spent any level I played as him running around the rooms killing everything by jet packing into them! The only problem is that it's a little hard to turn, but thats not much of an issue when most things die when your un by em anyway

#1. Sternguard: So awesome! who needs the Melta gun when you can just rapid fire missile launchers? And over half the power ups in the game are centered around being at a longer range! Double Fire, Triple Fire, Quad Fire, Rapid Fire! The Bubble? Only useful at range! Shooting missiles while your opponent can't lay a finger on you from outside the bubble has saved me many a time.
infrenis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 12:19 AM   #26
Penguino Rojo

penguino rojo's Gamercard
I'll agree that the Devastator with rocket launcher is my favorite so far, but I have not tried the techmarine yet, probably do that on my co-op play thru, just in case, although sounds like he will be my second since his is more range then CC.

Regarding MM choices in Spacemarine, if you look at the pre-order bonuses available for the game, one is for Space wolves. Means it is not part of the basic game, but I am betting it will be in a future DLC (unless you pre-order it from the right place)
Old 07-17-2011, 11:41 PM   #27
kingjames5454

KingJames5454's Gamercard
sternguard veteran nothing wrong with a little rocket launcher action!
kingjames5454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 02:17 AM   #28
Sargent Thenard

Sargent Thenard's Gamercard
Kill Team

They forgot more weapons, like the laser cannon. But I can't decide! Go Marines! Love Heavy Bolter!
Sargent Thenard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:37 PM   #29
DucknahEireann

DucknahEireann's Gamercard
I enjoyed playing with the Librarian on my second playthrough. More up close and personal.

"Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live!"
Robert Nesta Marley

DucknahEireann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:21 PM   #30
Feel My Rage

Scourge of Eden's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by infrenis View Post
This games classes feel crazy awesome. Just had to preface my choice with that! These characters are listed in order of how useful they are from a scoring perspective.

#4. Tech Marine: I honestly don't understand how people can play as him. The melta gun seems like a good idea, but its lack of actual damage and the fact that his RB is useless for getting a higher multiplier. Idk, looks fun, but he's just so meh.

#3. Librarian: His RB ability is just too amazing. The only reason I don't particularly like him as my "main" is because he's only good in CC, making him vulnerable since every enemy in this game can attack just as fast as you can. Before the Sternguard gets the missile launcher, his ability is the best in the game along side the Vanguards.

#2. Vanguard: Lol. He's literally the Librarian with a better RB ability. I literally spent any level I played as him running around the rooms killing everything by jet packing into them! The only problem is that it's a little hard to turn, but thats not much of an issue when most things die when your un by em anyway

#1. Sternguard: So awesome! who needs the Melta gun when you can just rapid fire missile launchers? And over half the power ups in the game are centered around being at a longer range! Double Fire, Triple Fire, Quad Fire, Rapid Fire! The Bubble? Only useful at range! Shooting missiles while your opponent can't lay a finger on you from outside the bubble has saved me many a time.
If the Meltagun was ANYWHERE near what it is on the tabletop, you wouldn't need the explosives to blow up the battlewagons on level 4. That gun was DESIGNED to melt vehicles. Not to mention, its a HEAT RAY. It sets sh*t on fire. Just reach out an touch someone, then watch them burn to death. You dont have to do anything beyond sweep the thumb stick.

Also, the Vanguard is not 'exactly' the same as the Libby. His gun is actual far weaker.....which makes no sense as its a plasma pistol....and the Libby's sword is far better than a lightning claw.

As for the Devestator (i'm not calling him the sternguard.....sternguard drop pod into a fight with combi-meltas. theyre suicide squads meant to blow up tanks), he's my favorite. But i highly prefer the Plasma Cannon to the Missle Launcher. the Launcher may do more damage, but a rapid fire, fire suppressing plasma cannon literally COATS an area in miniature suns....and from a table top stand point, the Plasma Cannon does what a missle launcher does, except better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party
You sir, have been owned. Locking this down to prevent more people from completely tearing your argument apart
As the great General Khazard once said....
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Khazard View Post
quichobitchin'
Feel My Rage is offline   Reply With Quote