PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-21-2011, 07:37 PM   #1
1morey

sk8tbdkid's Gamercard
Interesting thing about Bin Laden and OpFor

As most people already know, Osama Bin Laden was killed earlier this year.

Call of Duty 4 takes place in 2011. Since (with obvious reasons), Osama Bin Laden isn't mentioned nor is Al-Qaeda, wouldn't it be safe to say that CoD4 takes place sometime in late summer to early fall of 2011, after Osama Bin Laden's death?

If you guys are lost I'll try to explain it better. Even though IW didn't have the foresight to know Osama Bin Laden would die in this year, its kinda funny how in terms of the CoD Universe, all attention is placed on the Terrorist Organisation/Militia Group OpFor. And according to the CoD Wiki, during CoD4, OpFor was a relatively new group, so apparently this is a new threat in the Middle East (Although I still have no idea why we go from Saudi Arabia in CoD4 to Afghanistan in MW2).

Isn't kinda ironic though how it actually makes sense?

1morey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 05:52 PM   #2
Warfighter1000

Warfighter1000's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1morey View Post
As most people already know, Osama Bin Laden was killed earlier this year.

Call of Duty 4 takes place in 2011. Since (with obvious reasons), Osama Bin Laden isn't mentioned nor is Al-Qaeda, wouldn't it be safe to say that CoD4 takes place sometime in late summer to early fall of 2011, after Osama Bin Laden's death?

If you guys are lost I'll try to explain it better. Even though IW didn't have the foresight to know Osama Bin Laden would die in this year, its kinda funny how in terms of the CoD Universe, all attention is placed on the Terrorist Organisation/Militia Group OpFor. And according to the CoD Wiki, during CoD4, OpFor was a relatively new group, so apparently this is a new threat in the Middle East (Although I still have no idea why we go from Saudi Arabia in CoD4 to Afghanistan in MW2).

Isn't kinda ironic though how it actually makes sense?

Well you don't have to be Nostradomus to know that Osama Bin Laden would eventually be killed. USA!!!!!
Warfighter1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:31 PM   #3
1morey

sk8tbdkid's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warfighter1000 View Post
Well you don't have to be Nostradomus to know that Osama Bin Laden would eventually be killed. USA!!!!!
I know that, but it is so wierd that IW picks 2011, and makes up a Terrorist Organization, and no mention of Ol' Shark Bait, and Shark Bait gets shot in that same year. I guess I'm reading too much into it.

1morey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 04:41 AM   #4
Beefdagreat

Greatdrift's Gamercard
^ yes it is kinda weird