PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Dark Void
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-19-2010, 12:36 PM   #61
Nightjar

Nightjar's Gamercard
Breaking camp is the level I have been playing ovre and over and the last weapon was upgraded in the locker at the begining of the level.

I will give the Rocket Pack a go tonight and update with my results.

Please, please, please work
Old 03-19-2010, 07:56 PM   #62
Nightjar

Nightjar's Gamercard
UPDATE

I got the achievement
It does include the Rocket Pack being upgraded and all in the ingame lockers
Thanks for any assistance given, love this site
Old 03-23-2010, 11:11 AM   #63
Bofur

Bofur22's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'm about to upgrade my final weapon... God, I'm SO nervous. I'm less than 500 points away from 100% gamerscore (although I'll never ever be 100% because of GRAW.. Stupid Multiplayer achievements), and I really don't want this to be another game I'm screwed over on... Wish me luck!! :\

Holy crap I got it. I'm SO happy... Here's what I did and what I tried.. I hope someone can test what I did.

- I obtained the amount of orbs for the last upgrade (I upgraded the magnetron last - I'm sure it doesn't matter what one it is) and I quit to the main menu AFTER my next checkpoint.

- Selected Episode II Chapter IV and went to the weapons locker at the beginning.

Now, this is where I tried something I haven't seen... I selected my last weapon and made it my FIRST slot. I usually keep my first gun, and always update my secondary guns. I don't know if the first slot is lucky, or if it may work... I'm not sure. That's why I was wondering if someone could test it out for me.

Good luck everyone!
Bofur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:10 PM   #64
Jack Flak

Dark Ascent's Gamercard
Where's my achievement?!
Jack Flak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 04:21 AM   #65
Bahaumaut

Bahaumaut's Gamercard
GOT IT!

I'll write up exactly what I did in a new post, but main thing: DO NOT UPGRADE ANYTHING until you get 141,600 tech points. I suggest going over the amount, just to be certain. Find a upgrade box, then upgrade ALL your weapons AND your jetpack at the same time before you leave the box.

AM WILLING TO HELP WITH ACHIEVES WHERE I CAN

Send messages to inquire. Some games I no longer have. Ones I have I can help with.
Please include information in the message, and not just a friend request.
Gamertag: "Bahaumaut"
East Coast, USA (EST/EDT timezone)
Available gaming/boosting times:
Weekdays: 7:00PM - 12:00PM (EST/EDT)
Weekends: Generally all day (EST/EDT)
Bahaumaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:22 PM   #66
jason g

jpg30's Gamercard
any news on an update/patch for the upgrades yet?
jason g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:00 PM   #67
rabies

Teamlead Taco's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason g View Post
any news on an update/patch for the upgrades yet?
I just rented this, and checked here...good thing I did...this achievements sounds really fishy. Posts here show that the developers acknowledged this months ago..and nothing has been out since? That is not a good sign..I doubt it will get fixed at this point? I guess I'll hold out on starting a bit..
rabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:33 PM   #68
Fatalfox

Fringe of Fate's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Yeah super gay i did mine at a box for the last weapon and no achievement
I shall remain vigilant and unyielding in my pursuit of the enemies of the Coalition. I will defend and maintain the Order of Life as it was proclaimed by the Allfathers of the Coalition in the Octus Cannon. I will forsake the life I had before so I may perform my duty so long as I am needed. Steadfast, I shall hold my place in the machine and acknowledge my place in the Coalition.
- I AM A GEAR (Oath of the Coalition)
Fatalfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 04:46 PM   #69
Treguard

Treguard82's Gamercard
Not happy at all. Spent time grinding and no achievement popped. Seriously won't be buying anything with Capcom/Airtight's name on it ever again and certainly hope they go under (unlikely lol)

I'm honestly not suprirsed why you get people you use these devices that can unlock achievements. It sucks
Treguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 03:27 PM   #70
Pootcrum

Pootcrum's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I had no problem with it, played through the whole story without upgrading anything (and without much issue) did 2-4 until ~148000 tech points total, then upgraded everything all at once in slot 1 from the ammo box at the start of 2-4, all whilst connected to Live.

I do think that if anyone is reading this for the first time then do this method as it seems to be working for most of us who have had the chance.

Pootcrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 12:41 PM   #71
x FLA5H x

x FLA5H x's Gamercard
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pootcrum View Post
I had no problem with it, played through the whole story without upgrading anything (and without much issue) did 2-4 until ~148000 tech points total, then upgraded everything all at once in slot 1 from the ammo box at the start of 2-4, all whilst connected to Live.

I do think that if anyone is reading this for the first time then do this method as it seems to be working for most of us who have had the chance.
Just got this game on rental and have been taking in all the relevant glitches it has to offer. I'm going to try the above method for Grease Monkey, but noticed when I popped the game in - it applied an update - Im guessing thats for something else??

Also going through on hardcore first play - is this much harder without upgrading? Also I intend to grind on casual after and wondered if I did upgrade one weapon (on hardcore) and then purchased the rest on casual, will this affect the acheeve? Did everyone who got the glitch do this? Appreciate if anyone knows the answers to these!
x FLA5H x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 07:07 AM   #72
Pootcrum

Pootcrum's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by x FLA5H x View Post
Just got this game on rental and have been taking in all the relevant glitches it has to offer. I'm going to try the above method for Grease Monkey, but noticed when I popped the game in - it applied an update - Im guessing thats for something else??

Also going through on hardcore first play - is this much harder without upgrading? Also I intend to grind on casual after and wondered if I did upgrade one weapon (on hardcore) and then purchased the rest on casual, will this affect the acheeve? Did everyone who got the glitch do this? Appreciate if anyone knows the answers to these!
To answer your first question, its easy without upgrading. If you have played any other current gen shooters on their hardest difficulties, you will be fine with this.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:42 AM   #73
x FLA5H x

x FLA5H x's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pootcrum View Post
To answer your first question, its easy without upgrading. If you have played any other current gen shooters on their hardest difficulties, you will be fine with this.
Yeah beat it last night without a single upgrade on Hardcore. The only bit I found 'tricky' was the fight with the three Archons as it checkpointed crap with the wrong weapon and just as I was being shot! arrgh. Done now though thanks for the reply!

Fireworks cheevo came without any issues. Just got to grind now!
x FLA5H x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:18 AM   #74
Pootcrum

Pootcrum's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by x FLA5H x View Post
Yeah beat it last night without a single upgrade on Hardcore. The only bit I found 'tricky' was the fight with the three Archons as it checkpointed crap with the wrong weapon and just as I was being shot! arrgh. Done now though thanks for the reply!

Fireworks cheevo came without any issues. Just got to grind now!
Ah yeh that part was a bit annoying. But mine glitched out (surprising much) so that none of the enemies fired at me. Just did strafing runs until all 3 Archons died.

Old 06-27-2010, 09:39 AM   #75
piriusgrey

PiriusGrey's Gamercard
This achievement only unlocks if you get the last upgrade from an ammo box within a level. If you get it on the weapon select screen between missions it won't work.
piriusgrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 02:48 PM   #76
demi

Quote:
Originally Posted by piriusgrey View Post
This achievement only unlocks if you get the last upgrade from an ammo box within a level. If you get it on the weapon select screen between missions it won't work.
Nope, I selected my last upgrade while in a level.
demi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:10 PM   #77
teardrops

tyler203's Gamercard
hmm...lame...I finally decided to buy the game back to finish off the achievements and when I got to the end...it glitched...is there still a way to get Grease Monkey without playing the game over again? I don't want to grind all the points back again...
teardrops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 11:41 PM   #78
darkmikasonfire

darkmikasonfire's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
did anyone ever find a fix for this POS achievement for those who played it while being online?

95.63% 1903/1990 cheevos gotten 12-03-02

I exclude games and DLC i don't own. (-3 games, -3 DLC)
darkmikasonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:34 AM   #79
Molloy2006

Molloy2006's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmikasonfire View Post
did anyone ever find a fix for this POS achievement for those who played it while being online?
You couldnt have looked to hard! This is a fix for it!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...=1#post4321033
Molloy2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:02 AM   #80
DestroyThineslf

DestroyThineslf's Gamercard
I just got this achievement on my first try luckily! I never went online or accepted any updates. I did upgrade a couple times through the game but only at lockers, finished on hardcore and then grinded 2-4 for tech points.

The one thing I did do was switch the difficulty back to Hardcore (my original save difficulty) before I upgraded. As soon as I bought the last upgrade Greasemonkey popped, Hope this helps