PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > L.A. Noire > Nicholson Electroplating
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-24-2011, 01:42 AM   #1
CrownlessKing

Send a message via MSN to CrownlessKing

FJMatlock's Gamercard
Plot? (Spoilers)

Unlike most cases in this game, I had no idea what the hell was going on with this one. Could someone explain to me exactly what went down in this case?
CrownlessKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:33 PM   #2
Chemical Wings

chemical wings's Gamercard
It was definitely a little sloppy in my opinion. Basically the whole thing was about this new process to polish aluminum. McLellen (sp?) came to his boss at Nicholson Electroplating with this idea, so they started to test it out. Some Japanese, Tomoko Okamoto girl came in as a spy for other companies to try to steal the idea and use it first.

Following the address you find Tomoko's apartment, ransacked and full of blood with a dead guy in the fridge. You later learn that this guy was Mclellan, who went by another name as well (can't remember that name for the life of me).

Following the prop spinner you find, you end up at Hughes Aircraft where you meet Mapes, head of security. Taking a peak around there, you don't really find much. You learn that the prop spinners are coated with Linseed Oil to prevent corrosion (I believe it was). (This solves HOW the explosion happened, after you talk to Pinker)

At this point you would have headed back to see Ray Pinker about the photos from that spy camera. It leads you to an address, so you head off there, which is Mclellan's home, the inside is doused in gasoline. You find a passport (which is where you learn Mclellan is the other dude that was dead in the fridge). At this point, the house get molotoved and you chase down Mapes to Hughes Aircraft again.

He was trying to eliminate everyone so that they could make the money off of the process before anyone else, I do believe. Though you never do find Tomoko....Definitely didn't feel really complete to me.
Chemical Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:34 AM   #3
Talaron

Talaronon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemical Wings View Post
Definitely didn't feel really complete to me.
Me too, just when the story seemed to really unfold, it was just over. If it wasn't part of the Pass, I'd regret having bought it.
Talaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:24 AM   #4
thox90

Send a message via MSN to thox90

thox90's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talaron View Post
Me too, just when the story seemed to really unfold, it was just over. If it wasn't part of the Pass, I'd regret having bought it.
Yeah, totally agree.
thox90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:13 PM   #5
Chemical Wings

chemical wings's Gamercard
Ya, I would have been choked if I didn't have it because of the pass (which was a pretty sweet deal, I must add). However...this case was way way way better than Reefer Madness...I was much more disappointed by that case than Nicholson...

Plus, I spent most of the case with Roy wanting to punch him in the mouth.
Chemical Wings is offline   Reply With Quote