Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > RPG > Bastion
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-23-2011, 01:07 AM   #1
CRAZY 7

CRAZY 7's Gamercard
Is it worth the 1200 MSP?

As the title says is this game worth 1200 MSP becaus I would really like to get it or should I wait for a price drop? Thanks for your opinon.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:08 AM   #2
EliteAlucard

Send a message via AIM to EliteAlucard

o CLiFF x's Gamercard
In my opinion it definitely is. I had been looking forward to the game for a while and when it finally dropped it lived up to all of my expectations. The gameplay, graphics, audio, and story are all top notch and I think it's tough to find a bad thing to say about the game. I'm eager to throw as much money at the development team in hopes that they'll make a sequel and just because I think they're a great little team.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:16 AM   #3
CRAZY 7

CRAZY 7's Gamercard
alright cool thanks for the reply and my next question is how about the play time how is that?
Old 07-23-2011, 03:24 AM   #4
EliteAlucard

Send a message via AIM to EliteAlucard

o CLiFF x's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAZY 7 View Post
alright cool thanks for the reply and my next question is how about the play time how is that?
I'm not entirely sure, although I have beaten the game I'm not sure how many hours I've sunk into it. In order to get everything out of the game you need to beat the game twice, once in the New Game+ mode and you need to see both endings. The guide claims that you can do this in 6-8 hours but it seems to me that it may take longer to do that.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:36 AM   #5
COLENBLOKER

Send a message via MSN to COLENBLOKER

COLENBLOKER's Gamercard
It is definitely worth it. I beat it once so far and that took about 3.5 hours. I definitely plan on playing it again in New Game + so I can use all my weapon upgrades. I assume the 2nd playthrough will be faster.
COLENBLOKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 12:22 PM   #6
BlackDragon

BlakeTheDrake's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I suppose it MIGHT be possible to clear it in 4-5 hours or even less, if you only do what's necessary for completion and Achievements, and have some decent skills besides. But there's other stuff to do, most noteably the Weapon Trials - you only need to clear 7 to get the related Achievement, but there's, what, 11 in all? 12? Something like that. And some of 'em are quite fiercely hard, depending on how good your sense of timing and reaction-speed is.

Between doing those and a little bit of XP-and-money grinding, MY first run came in at maybe 7 hours... and I still had to give up on a couple of the Weapon Trials. So assuming you just rush through your second run, I guess the final tally would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 11-12 hours, which is quite a respectable length for an XBLA-game.

You could easily stretch it longer if you want a challenge, though - the difficulty is highly adjustable. At its basis, it's quite easy, and you're unlikely to ever need to restart a level... but you can activate a number of 'idols' at the Temple (once you get it), each of which grants the enemies a certain advantage, such as increased attack-power, enhanced speed, health-regeneration, and others. Switching on a few of those will create a MUCH greater challenge, forcing you to really work for your progress, and lengthening the game significantly. Activating the 'Increase Defense', 'Regeneration', 'Random blocking' and 'Random untouchable' idols will turn any boss into a difficult Marathon-session...

77777 reached - 17/11-2011
Next goal: 99999!
BlackDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 05:25 PM   #7
flodman123

flodman123's Gamercard
This is definitely a game you can sink some time into. You can very easily get your money's worth.

Always down for a match
flodman123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 06:05 PM   #8
Auburok

Send a message via Skype™ to Auburok

auburok's Gamercard

My first run was like 8 hours, because I'm paranoid and explore the living hell out of each place, since new paths just seem to drop from the sky. Not that it mattered in the end with the lost and found, but I still did it just in case. Second run was like 3 hours, since I was a walking tank from all the money I accrued.

Auburok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 02:46 PM   #9
MM209

pnm3@optonline.net's Gamercard
It's NOT worth 1200 ms.

The game is good but it's short and buggy, not only will you get less then 1 day out of it but the game corrupted my saved game file (Or actually it seems more like the "autosave" feature (which you have no choice but to use) stopped auto doing anything after an hour.

Most glitches I can deal with but this one is unforgivable to me, I'd avoid this game like the plague. If you're going to jam a horrific autosave feature down the players throat it damn well better work.
MM209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:49 PM   #10
BlackDragon

BlakeTheDrake's Gamercard

Hmmm... yeah, I've heard of one or two people having that problem. The vast majority never see a single bug, though. It's a bad one, to be sure, but it's the ONLY bug anyone's encountered, and it pops up very rarely at that - so that still puts Bastion ahead of most of the major game-releases these days in my book. ~_~

77777 reached - 17/11-2011
Next goal: 99999!
BlackDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:23 PM   #11
swamptastic

swamptastic's Gamercard
I agree the autosave feature is ridiculous. I can't understand how developers justify using it. Could they at least offer the option of a manual save? Is it a software issue? I will admit complete ignorance in this area.

Having said that, and also admitting I haven't finished the game, I'd say it's well worth the 1200 points. More than worth them imo. I haven't experienced the glitch MM209 mentioned, and it would surely piss me off if I did. As it appears to be a rarity - and as the game is greatness stacked on awesome surrounded by fantastic - I'd say it's one of the few games which lives up in value to the points it costs.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:32 PM   #12
Blakestone

Blakestone's Gamercard
I really want this game, but I definately won't be spending NZ$25 on it. That's rediculous. No wonder piracy exists.
Blakestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:36 PM   #13
Guilt86

Guilt86's Gamercard
Thanks for making this post, I've been wondering if it's worth a look.

I've heard mixed reviews for it
Guilt86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 10:57 PM   #14
CRAZY 7

CRAZY 7's Gamercard
Thank you to everyone who has posted info on this game it is really appriciated
Old 07-25-2011, 09:22 AM   #15
GS17259

GS17259's Gamercard
I didn't encounter any bugs or glitches, and in my opinion this is one of the best arcade games to come out, awesome story, easy to learn combat engine, good music, very pretty to look at i really think that this will be one of the best games of the year. Definitely worth the money and more. That's just my opinion though
Old 07-25-2011, 10:20 PM   #16
Redeuxx

Send a message via MSN to Redeuxx Send a message via Yahoo to Redeuxx

Redeuxx's Gamercard
So far ... YES. And that coming from someone who doesn't really buy Arcade games.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:36 PM   #17
lemonnormalguy1

YourInnerMoist's Gamercard
It's extremely entertaining! However, you only get most of the fun through two playthroughs! Still, if you are looking for a nice, thorough, and deep game, then Bastion 100%!
lemonnormalguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:39 PM   #18
Verdinial
Banned User

TF x Redemption's Gamercard
Yeah the games brilliant, I had no problems with it, loved every minute. I would highly suggest buying the game.
Verdinial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:11 PM   #19
Quagmire3540

Quagmire3540's Gamercard
yup worth 1200 for sure
Old 07-26-2011, 05:25 PM   #20
tim_speights

crim50n's Gamercard
The game got very dull and repetitive for me really quickly. I wouldn't recommend buying it. I feel like I wasted 15 bucks on it. And just to rub it in my face I won a free copy of it on facebook.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:37 PM   #21
Old Man Reed

Old Man Reed's Gamercard
Worth every point spent couldn't stop playing when I started, felt compelled to do essentially everything even after 200GS
Old Man Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:18 PM   #22
VashPR

I VashPR I's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auburok View Post
My first run was like 8 hours, because I'm paranoid and explore the living hell out of each place, since new paths just seem to drop from the sky. Not that it mattered in the end with the lost and found, but I still did it just in case. Second run was like 3 hours, since I was a walking tank from all the money I accrued.
Off Topic: Totally agree with the paranoia in terms of first playthroughs. I'm right at the end of my first

On Topic: I think this IS worth the 1200 sweet Microsoft nectar for it's sheer uniqueness alone. i thought the narrator would get on my last nerve. but i think the game wouldn't be the same if he wasn't there. Amazing soundtrack and graphics i thought were good.

People are saying that its easy to fall off and stuff and that makes the game "sucky" but i personally think they are noobin' it.

I'd give it a 8 - 9 outta 10.
VashPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:15 PM   #23
I Legal Eyes I

I Legal Eyes I's Gamercard
Definitely worth the 1200 MSP, especially if you love immersive, quirky games. Beautiful audio and visuals, challenging levels, and a fresh new story. What's not to love?
I Legal Eyes I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:34 AM   #24
Awesome Wells

Awesome Wells's Gamercard
Yes. Yes it is. Best Live Arcade game since Shadow Complex. The music alone is worth the entrance price.
Awesome Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:15 PM   #25
Berserking Guts

I think it's very much worth it. The production qualities from the art, sound effects and music are incredible.
Berserking Guts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:10 AM   #26
em0rox

em0rox's Gamercard
I'm sure you have already bought it by now but I'd like to say I'd pay double or more if I had to, I've bought 100s of xbla games over the years and this has been a wonderful purchase. If you don't have it, buy it. End of story.

em0rox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 06:29 PM   #27
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 4   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
It's definitely worth the 1200. It is easily one of the best arcade games I've played on the 360, and is in general an exceptionally well made game.
Tatanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:02 PM   #28
guillermo316

Fantasychampion's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
I read the IGN and It has me interested. The only problem is that I don't have 1,200 I will wait for it to go on sale.

ScOoP!

guillermo316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 03:33 AM   #29
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 4   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by guillermo316 View Post
I read the IGN and It has me interested. The only problem is that I don't have 1,200 I will wait for it to go on sale.
You're probably going to be waiting a while. It's honestly one of the only arcade games I've ever played worth 1200 points.
Tatanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:24 AM   #30
SteamboatWi11y

Send a message via MSN to SteamboatWi11y

Steamboat Wi11y's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
This for me definately was worth the points, it is as good as Limbo, or Braid or Shadow Complex. An amazing game all around.

Special Thanks to MabusScarab for the Signature
SteamboatWi11y is offline   Reply With Quote