PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Puzzle and Word > Tetris Splash
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-14-2007, 02:14 AM   #1
lilcampbell4u

Send a message via AIM to lilcampbell4u

lilcampbell's Gamercard
Help With Speedster

Is there any easy way to get Speedster. i mean when u get to like lvl 12 it is really hard and lvl 15 is like impossible i was only able to clear 5 lines on lvl 15. Is there anyway that you can slow it down?

Do not send me a friend request without a message. all friend request without a message will be deleted.

Free Xbox 360 Accessories and Microsoft Points
http://www.gaminglagoon.com/?ref=7561

OR
http://www.rewards1.com/index.php?referrer_id=9902

Video Proof:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY2-LSGC6yc
lilcampbell4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 02:27 AM   #2
alex4283

Send a message via AIM to alex4283

alex4283's Gamercard
if you can manage to just keep it as low as possible, then you have enough time to let it just fall into place. Without building tetrises in the higher levels, back to back to back, you probably won't make the time deadline. It's tough.

alex4283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 02:39 AM   #3
lilcampbell4u

Send a message via AIM to lilcampbell4u

lilcampbell's Gamercard
this is gonna drive me crazy
lilcampbell4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 06:41 PM   #4
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilcampbell4u View Post
this is gonna drive me crazy
Yeah sorry, I'm guessing you never played Tetris before or if you did, not seriously. You just have to practice. Eventually you will know the different orientations of all the pieces and will be able to look at the next few pieces coming up so that you aren't surprised about what pieces come up. I can do it using peripheral vision by the color of the piece. I make sure I can place the next piece before I place the current piece. You also need to work out what patterns are more helpful than others. Level 15 is a bit fast though, you really do need to keep the stack low.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 06:44 PM   #5
lbh097

lbh097's Gamercard
Easiest way for speedster is to Keep all you pieces on one side and leave one hole for stick as to get a tetris when it comes. Tetri are 8 lines so the more tetri you get the faster the lines dissappear and the quikcer the game ends. My best so far is 17:32
lbh097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 06:52 PM   #6
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbh097 View Post
Easiest way for speedster is to Keep all you pieces on one side and leave one hole for stick as to get a tetris when it comes. Tetri are 8 lines so the more tetri you get the faster the lines dissappear and the quikcer the game ends. My best so far is 17:32
That is damn fast, I sent you a FR, I want to play against you sometime. Getting tetrises is kinda implied when doing marathon. Going for time, tetrises are the easy part, making the stack as fast as possible is the hard part. Besides it sounds like he is having trouble finishing marathon, nevermind about 20 minutes.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:04 AM   #7
Honkymagoo

H0ivky Magoo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
You know if you keep hitting A or B really fast you can keep moving your piece around even after it has hit. My advice is going to seem obvious but if you're any good at tetris just make sure you play the game at 100 mph. Just don't slow down at all for 20 minutes and you will be able to do it.
Honkymagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:56 PM   #8
Parkerktm

Send a message via AIM to Parkerktm

JUST DO IT7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I played it so much on my phone that muscle memory became a huge part of it, I saw the colors and it clicked, I didnt even have to think what to do

God Bless America

Parkerktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:41 PM   #9
lilsypha

lilsypha's Gamercard
There are multiple tricks to getting the Speedster achievement:

- play as fast as you can, right from the start
- don't use infinite spin, it wastes time
- build as many tetrises as humanly possible
- use your hold queue! when a piece falls to the bottom, you can swap it out for the piece on hold, removing a possible mistake and getting a whole new drop - I haven't managed to do it in under 20 without the hold queue.

Because of the hold queue, this achievement is actually pretty easy. Just practice until you're comfortable with going as fast as possible, and you'll have it in no time.
lilsypha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:23 PM   #10
Larry109uk

Larry109uk's Gamercard
Good advice... Think I need a little practice

100% Retail (6): NFS Most Wanted, King Kong, BioShock, Avatar, Open Season, TMNT
100% Arcade (2): 3D Ultra™ Minigolf, Uno

Working on: Ace Combat 6 (290), Crackdown (650), Transformers (105)

Going back through my collection to play them all
Larry109uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 08:10 PM   #11
DefEdge

DefEdge's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Ok, I just managed to get the speedster ach with a time of 18:01.53 minutes. I found out some things that may help out other than the obvious "keep the stack low" and "back to back to back tetris mania."

This game has something odd about it that I couldn't put my finger on, until I was sitting there watching how many lines I had left to clear when doing various things.

Old school tetris clears 4 lines at a time with a tetris, but this game gives 8-12 depending on if you back to back them. Also, a 2 line T-spin clear gave me a 12 line clear as well. While it doesn't actually clear the field of 12 lines, if you watch the lines meter, it takes off 12 lines. Also, clearing more than 2 lines at a time AND combos will clear more than a single line as well. So the secret is NOT to score single lines fast, it's clearing as many as you can at once and trying to do the fancy T-spins.

This and practice will help you to net this tough ach. Good luck!
RRoD #1: 9/27/08
DefEdge is offline   Reply With Quote