PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Japanese Games (NTSC-J) > RPG > Agarest Senki Zero: Dawn of War
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-25-2011, 04:17 AM   #1
Doctor Torsche

Doctor Torsche's Gamercard
Agarest Zero DLC Guide[U.S.]

Want to maximize your DLC effectiveness without spending more than you need to? Hopefully this list will help show you what you're buying, or in-game alternatives so you need not buy the pack from the Marketplace. Keep in mind that the majority of this DLC is available already in the game.

Items tagged with [Italics] are available at the listed location. If you have an item location not listed, please feel free to post.

Additional Costume 1: 400msp / $5
-Another costume for female companions available through Free Intention.

Chaos War Pack - 160msp / $2
-Rage Blaster (Sword, Light Element)
-Vajra Rod (Spear, Earth Element)
-Altis Rod (Staff, No Element)
-99 Magnum (Gun, No Element)
-Epsilon Ring (Accessory)

Daily Life Extension Pack - 160msp / $2
-Carrot Sword (Sword, Earth Element)
-Super Scallion (Dagger, No Element)
-Lollipop Stick (Staff, Wind Element)
-Classic Kettle (Breaker, Fire Element)
-Pot Lid (Armor)
-Kaopectate (Accessory)

Dream Oracle Pack - 80msp / $1
-2 Damascus[Guild]
-2 Meteoric Iron[Guild]
-2 Generation Crystal[Guild]
-2 Lapis Noster[Guild]
-Shiny Fang
-Whispered Dream

Extra Dungeon 1 - 80msp / $1
Dungeon available in Generation 1 after purchase. Unlocked via an unmissable event in Pere Copia towards the end of the Generation. Items and enemies obtained in the dungeon are not exclusive to the dungeon.

Extra Dungeon 2 - 80msp / $1
Dungeon available in Generation 2 after purchase.

Fallen Angel Pack - 80msp / $1
-Black Frame (Armor)
-Black Bustier (Monster Armor)
-Angel Halo (Accessory)
-Angel Wing (Accessory)

Healing and Defense Pack - 80msp / $1
-2 Marfile Seed[Guild]
-2 Vessel of Life
-1 Revive (Skill)
-1 Dryad's Soul
-1 Requiem Bracelet (Armor)

Healing Hand Pack - 80msp / $1
-3 Magic Herb
-2 Cure Grass
-2 Stone of Life
-Resurrect (Skill)
-Moonlight Flower[Overkill Drop from Miesha]
-Lucky Charm

Impregnable Defenses Pack 1 - 80msp / $1
-Extra Frame (Armor)
-Chaos Frame (Armor)
-Heaven's End (Armor)
-E. O. M.(Armor)

Legendary Goods Pack - 80msp / $1
-2 Divine Branch[Guild]
-2 Unicorn Horn[Guild]
-2 Moon Fragment[Guild]
-2 Magic Crystal Chip[Guild]
-Seed of Happiness
-Bracelet of Feicui (Armor) [Equipped on Apli by Default]

No Underestimated Pack - 160msp / $2
-Chickapede Alert (Spear, No Element)
-Man Fist (Knuckle, No Element)
-Drying Typhoon (Gun, Wind Element)
-Paw Booties (Armor)
-Gaspode (Accessory)

Point Addition Pack 1 - 80msp / $1
-5000 G
-250 EP
-50 PP
-150 TP

Point Addition Pack 2 - 80msp / $1
-50,000 G
-5000 EP
-150 PP
-350 TP

PP Addition Pack 1 - 640msp / $8
-5000 PP

Rear-Echelon Support Pack 1 - 80msp / $1
-Railgun[Guild]
-Divine Guard (Armor)
-Crystal Bracelet (Armor)
-Dark Bracelet (Armor)
-Bracelet of Light (Armor)

Shriveled Chicken Pack - 80msp / $1
-Rusty Sword (Sword, No Element)
-Rusty Bracelet (Armor)
-Rusty Ring (Accessory)
-Funky Chicken (Armor)
-Chicken Ring (Accessory)

Status Boost Pack - 80msp / $1
-2 STR Up
-2 VIT Up
-2 AGI Up
-2 INT Up
-2 LUK Up
-2 Max. HP Up

Status Boost Pack 2 - 80msp / $1
-2 STR Up+
-2 VIT Up+
-2 AGI Up+
-2 INT Up+
-2 LUK Up+
-Max. HP Up+

Subordinate's Present Pack - 80msp / $1
-Flame Element[Guild]
-Ice Element[Guild]
-Thunder Element[Guild]
-Wind Element[Guild]
-Earth Element[Guild]
-Darkness Element[Guild]
-Light Element[Guild]

TP Addition Pack - 480msp / $6
-20,000 TP
-2500 PP

Zero Starter Pack - 80msp / $1
-3 Grass[Shop]
-3 Soothing Grass
-2 Fragments of Life[Shop]
-1 Heal (Skill)
-1 Revitalize (Skill)
-1 Capture (Skill)
Doctor Torsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 05:04 AM   #2
neverendr

neverendr's Gamercard
I own a Limited edition japanese copy of the first RoAW but I've kept it sealed...I never got around to picking up a plain US version to play it, simply due to an overabundance of still sealed or just unplayed games sitting all over my house...every time I decide to start playing an rpg and set my mind to playing one title for a good while my wife walks into the house with a Gamestop bag full of 10 games or an amazon box arrives in my name with 5-10 new release titles gift wrapped inside it with a note from my wife that says "Just thinking of you baby, I love you!"...she works 60-80 hour weeks since getting a promotion a couple years back and I guess she feels bad we don't get to spend as much time together as we used to, I've been disabled and unable to even consider working for around 6 years now, so she gets me tons of games and blurays in an effort to be sure I'll always have something new to play or watch.

I've decided that I'm definitely going to play Zero as soon as I finish with Dungeon Seige and Dirt 3, and I was wondering if you could recommend which of the dlc packs would be worth it for someone new to the series. Ive noticed that some of the point packs seem to give you double the points for the same price, but I don't know if you have to buy the smaller pack first. Any info would be greatly appreciated, I don't want to waste money on dlc that ends up being useless.

Big thanks to jtr1gg3r for the sexy new sig!
70,000GS 26 Oct 2010- RB3 "Hometown Threwdown"

Last edited by neverendr; 06-28-2011 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Forgot to subscribe to the thread
neverendr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 12:03 PM   #3
Paulson

Best bang for your buck would be to pick up

Point pack 2
Chaos War Pack
No Underestimated Pack

Those weapon especially early in the game, make things go a lot quicker and easier. Also all of that combined is only 400ms points!
Paulson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 03:37 PM   #4
anbu316

anbu316's Gamercard
There are 10 new DLC packs today most of them unlock galleries
anbu316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:39 AM   #5
neverendr

neverendr's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulson View Post
Best bang for your buck would be to pick up

Point pack 2
Chaos War Pack
No Underestimated Pack

Those weapon especially early in the game, make things go a lot quicker and easier. Also all of that combined is only 400ms points!
Thanks very much for your advice...I was willing to spend up to 1200-ish points, assuming the content would help me get into the game and start getting to the "more fun" part of the game more quickly. I love jrpgs, but they tend to start a bit slow, then start to get good after a couple of hours...anything that'll help get me through the first couple of hours will be a big help.

I had been looking at "point pack 2" prior to your suggestion, as it's the same price as "point pack 1", I just didn't know if they had to be purchased in order.

Cheers, thanks again!

Old 07-01-2011, 02:55 AM   #6
mysaturdayself

MySaturdaySelf's Gamercard
based on the roll-out schedule in the japan game, and if the DLC are updated weekly like the last two, we should have another four weeks, by then you get quite a lot to make your life easier (or boring)

http://souls2.nm.land.to/agarest0/in...2FDLC#hbde7986

I would hope someone can translate the monster location guide
mysaturdayself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:13 AM   #7
neverendr

neverendr's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysaturdayself View Post
based on the roll-out schedule in the japan game, and if the DLC are updated weekly like the last two, we should have another four weeks, by then you get quite a lot to make your life easier (or boring)

http://souls2.nm.land.to/agarest0/in...2FDLC#hbde7986

I would hope someone can translate the monster location guide
This is a very valid concern to me, the idea of invalidating the challenge of the game and turning it boring for myself. I think I might end up starting it without getting any dlc and seeing how the pace is...if I find the beginning painfully slow, as a few friends have told me, I'll pick up the packs that Paulson suggested and get myself past it more quickly. I'll take a look at the monster guide you posted, I might be able to do a translation. If it's in Japanese it shouldn't be a problem to actually do, but if it's massive it might be a time issue. Japanese is one of the easier languages to translate of the ones I know, Latin, Italian and Spanish are easy as well, but one line of Japanese or Spanish tends to come out to two or more lines of English, which is where time comes into play. I'll definitely check it out, probably sometime tomorrow, and see if it's a project I'd be into undertaking.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:33 PM   #8
Ray5555

Ray5555's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
there is a detailed guide on gamefaqs.com

Also the best bang for your buck is impregnable defenses 2, and strongest weapon pack(I think this is what it is called) and finally the pack with leo's sword.
Fallout: New Vegas = 70,000 Achievement Points
Alan Wake = 60,000 Achievement Points
Magna Carta 2 = 50,000 Achievement Points
Phantasy Star 2 40,000 Achievement points
Fallout 3 = 30,000 Achievement Points
GTA IV = 20,000 Achievement Points
Madden 08 = 10,000 Achievement Points

Achieved 100K GS on lego batman 2's 100% completion achievement
Ray5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:23 PM   #9
Paulson

I saw the Forbidden Tomes came out as well, Any details you can give us on that before I decide to buy them? lol
Paulson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:31 AM   #10
spyder2g

Spyder2g's Gamercard
Just what I was looking for - thanks! I grabbed the limited edition one on release day figuring I'd wait a month or so for some guides to come out before I dive into it. I really don't like to buy packs for leveling up your team or fancy weapons but everything I read says to pick some up or enjoy a grindfest.

spyder2g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 12:47 AM   #11
Sundowner

Sundowner1's Gamercard
So is the DLC a 1 time only deal with a new game?

I just started my newgame+ in extra mode and the DLC items are (of course) gone from my carry-over like everything else but I was expecting them to pop back in once I started like the first time.

Kind of lame if I can't pull something I paid for into a second playthrough. Am I missing something here?
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 05:13 AM   #12
neverendr

neverendr's Gamercard
Sundowner -

I had worried that this might happen, so I saved a few item packs in case the stuff didn't carry over to new game +. I haven't finished the game yet, but I limited myself to around 400 points worth of stuff, as suggested by one of the above posters.

I do have an idea of a way you might be able to reenable the dlc, it's what I'd try personally, but I can't guarantee success and it could corrupt your saved games for Agarest Zero, so I would certainly back those files up to a flash drive or the like. Let's call that step one.

Step two - Start by deleting the dlc from the game directory on your 360's memory / hard drive.

Step three - This can go two possible ways, so maybe try this.
Three alpha - load up the game with the files deleted, if it loads your save just save and exit to dashboard. Redownload your DLC, start the game again and load your save again, it might reappear, it might not.

Or step three bravo - Don't load the game up, just delete the DLC and redownload it. Load the game up and resume from your save, your stuff may or may not reappear.

If you've never had to redownload anything, just select your profile from the dashboard, right next to where you'd load a game from disc. Hit A with your profile selected, move it one tab right, pick "manage account", then "download history" and scroll down til you find it, you can also do it on a laptop by signing into your account at Xbox.com and following the same steps. You could also just redownload the stuff from the game marketplace, but I've had the same issue a few times with games in the past and downloading from history worked once when game marketplace didn't, making my xbox download the content again using Xbox.com on my MacBook worked for me when game marketplace didn't...the perk of using a laptop is being able to search rather than having to scroll down to find the dlc again.

Best of luck, please post and let us know how it goes for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
So is the DLC a 1 time only deal with a new game?

I just started my newgame+ in extra mode and the DLC items are (of course) gone from my carry-over like everything else but I was expecting them to pop back in once I started like the first time.

Kind of lame if I can't pull something I paid for into a second playthrough. Am I missing something here?

Old 07-26-2011, 04:04 AM   #13
Sundowner

Sundowner1's Gamercard
Thanks for the suggestions Neverendr. I've tried all of your tips step by step in the previous post (see above), plus an update wipe of the system and here is what I've learned:

The ROAWZ DLC content can ONLY be used in a brand new game. Apparently it nulls the DLC if you are starting a new game plus because you've already ticked an internal marker telling it not to redistribute the DLC items, EP, etc. If I start a second brand new game the DLC items I purchased pop up immediately again so they are being registered by the game.

My recommendation would be to either start a new game on extra mode (if you have the ROAW end save file) and buy the DLC or if not play through normal mode first, start the new game plus and then buy the DLC so the items, etc pop in your new game plus.

I haven't bought any new DLC to test this (could someone confirm if they have) but I played on normal for 4-5 hours before buying the DLC the first time and it just popped the next time I loaded my game so it should work.

Kinda sucks but oh well, I still enjoy the game. Time to hunt some titles.
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote