PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Other Systems/Handhelds > Sony Systems
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-04-2011, 08:15 AM   #1
Tussell

Send a message via AIM to Tussell Send a message via MSN to Tussell

tussell's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   10,000 posts   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tournament - Winner   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Welcome Back Package

So, what games did you guys decide to get with the Welcome Back Package?

I chose LittleBigPlanet and inFAMOUS. Luckily, I'll end up having all of them. I have yet to pick anything for the PSP yet though.

I loved reaping the benefits of this. I rarely play my PS3 unless it's running a Blu-ray DVD, so when I found out I would be getting free games for an inconvenience that didn't even inconvenience me, I was very happy.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:33 PM   #2
[Waggly Bean]

Waggly Bean's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
If I was eligible, I would definitely choose LBP first. As a second game, I'd be torn between Infamous and Dead Nation I think.

However, I'm not sure if I'm eligible as the guidelines are kind of fuzzy. Basically, I have a PSN account that I created ages ago on my PSP, and I don't yet have a PS3, although I do intend to get one at some point.

If I was to log on on a friends PS3 (or even buy a PS3 in the next 30 days), would I be able to get the free games?

I have done a bit of Googling, and I'm seeing mixed opinions. Some say you can't as the PSN ID has to have been registered to a PS3 before the outage, but if you read Sony's T&C's, it just says that you have to have had a PSN account already created (suggesting format used on doesn't matter):
Quote:
For eligibility for the welcome back programme consumers must be an account holder on 20 April 2011. Specific details about these offers and eligibility requirements will be posted as the services go live. All existing PSN registrants have 30 days from when the welcome back programme goes live to redeem their content.
I have also redeemed a PS3 code I won through my PSP before, so it's ready for when I get my PS3. So in this way I know there is obviously some overlap in how the PSN Store works.

Anybody have a more definitive answer?

[Waggly Bean] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:28 AM   #3
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I have a ps3 and it won't let me get the games. It gave me the option... and now the option is gone. Now all that's there is PS plus and no free games... you download it in the PSN store right?

KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:42 AM   #4
KNIGHTOFSERA

hyrulesknight's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFZ Scrubs View Post
I have a ps3 and it won't let me get the games. It gave me the option... and now the option is gone. Now all that's there is PS plus and no free games... you download it in the PSN store right?
try going into account mgmt then transaction then service list and free ps3 game 1 should be there then click it and should let you pick your first one...do the same for the rest

thats what I had to do

anyways I picked dead nation and wipeout, I already own infamous and LBP

but since my brother has an account I got stardust and infamous, going to sell infamous now

and for the psp I get all 4 because of my brothers account, too bad I dont have a memory card to install the game so I can play them

KNIGHTOFSERA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:59 AM   #5
Mongolian Beef

cRow Dance's Gamercard

I picked up Super Stardust HD and Wipeout HD + Fury.

I'm enjoying SSHD right now. It has impressive visuals and a whole lotta shit going on lol. I've only played a few laps of wipeout it was okay, looking forward to see what it has to offer.

I already own LBP and Infamous.

Any recommendations on those 2 psp games? I don't own a psp but my brother does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFZ Scrubs View Post
You have to go to: Account Management > Transaction Management > Services List > SCEA Promotion

I had to do the same when I didn't know where my psp game went.

Last edited by Mongolian Beef; 06-09-2011 at 03:10 AM.
Mongolian Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:03 PM   #6
360Sonygamer
Banned User

No Live account's Gamercard
Thumbs down

What I got from the welcome back is a rash and a headache. So i trashed that account and then I created a new user and created a new account for exclusives and "better on Ps3" games. My main go to console is now the 360. (soon to be the WiiU)

Last edited by 360Sonygamer; 06-09-2011 at 12:11 PM.
360Sonygamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:05 PM   #7
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Ahhh, I see... it worked... only let me get one game though which is really lame. I guess when it cut me off of downloading they counted that as a game and now i'm pretty pissed.

KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 06:44 PM   #8
X monkfish69 X

Bumstink69's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I myself picked up inFamous and Wipeout HD Fury. My wife has an account too so she downloaded Little Big Planet and the Ratchet & Clank addon (Quest for Booty).

I too can sell my retail copies of inFamous and LBP now.

BUT BEWARNED ! If you have played the retail disk copy of inFamous, you won't be able to use that saved game with the PSN downloaded version. For some reason the two are not compatible with each others saves.

Why ? I've no idea, but a lot of people have found this (not just myself) over on the PS3Trophies forums.

EDIT: Also please note that as part of the Playstation Plus package, you have access to Streets of Rage 2 and Burnour Paradise. I've steamed into those two games in the last few days. After the 30 days access run out on the PS+ subscription (unless you carry it on of course) you won't be able to play the games for free. But it's worth downloading and playing them just to boost your Trophy collection

You can also get access to Magic The Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers too, but I played the tutorial and thought it was shit. Pain in the ass though cause I can't remove it from my played games list. Unless there is a way I don't know about ?

Last edited by X monkfish69 X; 06-14-2011 at 06:48 PM.
X monkfish69 X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:58 PM   #9
HadMatters13
Mod/Maximum Clubs' Jester

Send a message via Skype™ to HadMatters13

Madhatters13's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Madhatters13   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 4   1,000 Posts   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Forza 3 Subscribers Tournament- Winner   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 Winners   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - Second Place
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
I decided to go for Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty and InFamous. The first choice was easy because I've been a fan of the Ratchet & Clank series since the first game, but have never managed to get round to playing the more recent PS3 games.

My second choice was between Dead Nation and InFamous because I already owned the other 2 games they were offering. I never really liked the look of Dead Nation so I went for InFamous. I wasn't expecting it to be such a big download though.

The 70 days extra added to my Playstation Plus subscription was a nice touch too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X monkfish69 X View Post
You can also get access to Magic The Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers too, but I played the tutorial and thought it was shit. Pain in the ass though cause I can't remove it from my played games list. Unless there is a way I don't know about ?
Unfortunately, there isn't any way to remove games from your played games list at the moment. Not even those full game trials that PS+ gets from time to time.

~ Thanks to troy for the innocent looking hamster! ~
~ Feelings grow into hopes || Ready for Persona 5 and Dreamfall Chapters! ~
~ Swashbucklin' Diplomas for all || Xbox One Points Breakdown || Tales from the Jester's tower ~

Last edited by HadMatters13; 06-14-2011 at 10:00 PM.
HadMatters13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:54 PM   #10
KNIGHTOFSERA

hyrulesknight's Gamercard

Quote:

BUT BEWARNED ! If you have played the retail disk copy of inFamous, you won't be able to use that saved game with the PSN downloaded version. For some reason the two are not compatible with each others saves.
Must be some weird glitch or im just lucky because I used my disc save with my Downloaded version and it worked fine, also my friends save he had worked fine

KNIGHTOFSERA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 05:59 AM   #11
scarface

lt jim dangle69's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Dead Nation and Wipeout HD. Already own LBP and inFamous, plus the Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty doesn't have trophies.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
scarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:12 PM   #12
VladimirK

VladimirK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Already had inFamous and Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty as retail games so I picked up the other 4 that I never had. (LBP, Wipeout, Dead Nation and Super Stadust HD).

For PSP I got Killzone, (no online doesn't bother me) and the one that wasn't LBP or ModNation.

Now just to wait for the Japan store to come back and that's another 2.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:53 PM   #13
FootballPsycho

Send a message via MSN to FootballPsycho

FootballPsycho's Gamercard
I picked up Dead Nation. I already own WipEout HD, LittleBigPlanet, inFamous & Ratchet & Clank: Quest For Body so that was the only choice. I need to get the PSP games too before the offer runs out. I only own LittleBigPlanet PSP from them.

EDIT: I got ModNation Racers PSP & Pursuit Force for PSP.

Last edited by FootballPsycho; 06-28-2011 at 05:41 PM.
FootballPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 11:27 PM   #14
k1ll1ng5pr33

Infamous & Dead Nation.

Already own LBP and don't really care about WoHD or R&C.
Didn't really like the Infamous demo months ago, but the full game is 'alright'.
Dead Nation however, is f'ing awesome!

PST.org: Vuule My Trophies Sig&Ava by RED_REBEL44
Check out my YouTube for Trophy/Achievement Guides and More!
Old 06-26-2011, 11:29 PM   #15
R Miller 69
Banned User

R Miller 69's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I got Dead Nation and Wipeout.
R Miller 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:46 PM   #16
Nero x360a & ps3t

Knee Row's Gamercard
I already have LBP, so I went with inFamous and Dead Nation. Dead nation really disappointed me, but inFamous is terrific.
Nero x360a & ps3t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 06:23 AM   #17
TAI JASON

TAI JASON's Gamercard

Welcome Back!

Info: The welcome back package has some problems right now, Sony DON´T stop it, but they got some problems with it (again problems )

So for everyone who got problems to get the free games just wait. The service should be back in a few weeks.
TAI JASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:21 AM   #18
zzamaro

zzamaro's Gamercard
I picked InFamous and Dead Nation on my US account, and Wipeout HD+Fury and Ratchet and Clank: Quest for booty on my EU account, plus the whole full free plus game Burnout Paradise and managed to the all of the possibel trophies before plus expired on my EU account.

On PSP, I got LittleBigPlanet and ModNation Racers on my US account.

I was affected by this, but I canceled my card when there was a rumor about info. being compromised(before Sony confirmed it). Better safe than sorry. I didn't lose any money but I didn't want strange charges to appear like 6 months later.

Last edited by zzamaro; 07-19-2011 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Update.
zzamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:26 AM   #19
Fullmetalx07

fullmetalx07's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
PS3 Games: Infamous and Dead Nation
PSP Games: Little Big Planet and Modnations Racer
Old 07-19-2011, 12:28 AM   #20
zzamaro

zzamaro's Gamercard
Quote:

I also can confirm that this isn't completily true. I tested the Split/Second Trial, I got some trophies and did some races before the one hour trial. I went to rent it and not only my trophies appeared on my PSN ID profile, the races I did were already done. So you don't even need to buy the disc new, you can get it used.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:35 AM   #21
TAI JASON

TAI JASON's Gamercard

Does Welcome Back work again? I still wait that it come back to function, i see the symbol on the news screen, but i can´t use it. Thats shit...
TAI JASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:41 AM   #22
zzamaro

zzamaro's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAI JASON View Post
Does Welcome Back work again? I still wait that it come back to function, i see the symbol on the news screen, but i can´t use it. Thats shit...
No, it's not available anymore since 7/4. What do you mean by "work again"? Don't you mean "still available"?

Anyway, if you still see the symbol, it must be a mistake or something. Remember that for Sony, their online is not their best weapon. When they decided to extended the free plus membership for a few days for those who couldn't get the chance to get it before the deadline, people who already had the month reported there were able to get another plus for FREE.

I really wonder, why didn't you get the free games when you had chance? did your PS3 die or something? I haven't played yet but I got the free games as soon as I had the chance.