PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-24-2011, 11:54 PM   #91
Demon596

Demon596's Gamercard
Add one more to the list of many.

I use to work as a video game tester and I must admit that this game should not have been released in it's current state. During my LONG play through to get to 1000/1000 I have had 6 crashes where I needed to restart my xbox and the collect all minikit achievement not unlocking (I'm also missing the clanker's collector and the 100% achievements but i seem to have found the last droid/2% i was missing aka the luxury droid). These are serious issues and as such should keep a game in the testing phase until they are fixed. Seriously, keep it in it's testing phase for an extra month or two until it is solid and then release it with no problems, your fans will be all the more happy with you and let's face it these companies can afford to delay it's release for the extra time as well.

And to all the people thinking "well it's a game and there are bound to be some issues with it" I agree with you, nothing is perfect, but to have the game crash 6 times in the span of 2 days, 2 of the crashes on the same level, is unacceptable.

After all that is said I must decide if it is worth playing the whole game again to get the minikit achievement as it seems some of you have gotten it by playing it again, although some of you also state it doesn't work...I suppose I'll try and let you all know the outcome of my trials.

Last edited by Demon596; 07-24-2011 at 11:56 PM.
Demon596 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 05:40 AM   #92
Demon596

Demon596's Gamercard
Hey everyone. So I have some good news and some bad news for you all. The good news is that the achievement unlocked on my second playthrough, the bad news however is that it unlocked when it shouldn't have...

So really quickly I will explain what I did on my second playthrough to get this achievement so many are having problems with in hopes that it will unlock for you.

Pre-requisistes:
- Completed game on save slot 1 (Or whichever one you used).
- Collected all gold/red bricks.
- Collected all minikits (and achievement didn't pop).
- Collected all characters.
- Had a percentage of 100% completed game.

Now these stats may not have to be had or not but it is what I had when I finished playthrough 1 on save slot 1.

Start of playthrough 2:
- Start a brand new playthrough on save slot 2.
- Enter in the cheat codes to unlock characters for the free play levels to collect minikits (A dark jedi, a bounty hunter, an astromech droid, jar jar, MagnaGuard or Robonino, a rapid firer, a protocol droid, a tiny guy, a bad guy ship and a missile ship). Also to make things easier you may enter other cheats to make the levels and freeplay levels go quicker such as invincibility and what not, it's up to you.
- Next choose a level and complete it on story mode without collecting any mini kits.
- Right after the level is complete, play the same level in freeplay mode. Since you have used the cheats to unlock all necessary characters/ships to collect minikits now is the time to do so.
*NOTE* - This may or may not be important I'm not sure but when going for the minikits that require multiple items to be destroyed or collected such as rocks and what not, try to destroy all the items in that group before moving onto another group of items i.e if you need to destroy 10 rocks and 5 trees in one level, go for the rocks first and then the trees or vice versa.
- Complete the level to the end, do not, I repeat DO NOT exit and save to complete the level. I have read multiple posts saying you can and the achievement will unlock but the extra minutes (yes minutes, the levels aren't long) will not hurt you and may be the difference in either getting the achievement or not.
*NOTE* - If you are about to finish a level and realize you have not collected all ten minikits within that level just exit WITHOUT saving and start again. Once again I cannot confirm if this is crucial or not for the achievement to unlock but are you really willing to risk it on one missed minikit? It's up to you.
- When the end level stats screen comes up it is okay to skip past the screens that have nothing to do with the minikits stats. Once the minikits stats screen appears let them count up one after the other until all ten are accounted for and your new character explodes into blue studs .
- Rinse and repeat until all levels are completed.

Now in my case my achievement popped when I was playing my last level The Castle of Doom during my freeplay run. After I had collected my first minikit in that level the achievement popped soon after. I still collected the remaining nine and finished the level.

So who knows when it will unlock for you but hopefully by following this mini guide you should be able to finish off this game and add another 1000/1000 lego game to your gamer card. Best of luck to all who still need this elusive bugger and hope this helps.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:07 PM   #93
R3vengeance

R3vengeance's Gamercard
Thanks for the in-depth post Demon. I haven't gotten this game yet for fear of this not unlocking, but at least you've given me a ray of hope. I suppose it's foolish at this point to wonder whether or not they'll patch it, since they clearly don't care enough to do so (or so it seems).
R3vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:28 PM   #94
AHT x Leader

Exclamation Glitched !

The Achievement Glitched For Me To ! I Collect 219/220 And The Achivement Pop Up ! Maybe They Will Update The Game And Everythink Will Be Ok

AHT x Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:35 PM   #95
reaper ltd

Reaper ltd's Gamercard
Thank you Demon. That method works perfectly.
reaper ltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:25 AM   #96
Demon596

Demon596's Gamercard
Glad to see that mini guide is helping some of you

To AHT x Leader If it glitches on your first and only play through, id say thats normal. Chances for a patch seems rare as you said only due to the fact that the achievement is unlocking for most, even if the player needs to do another play through to get it... Try my guide on this page and see if it works for you. Good Luck!
Old 09-12-2011, 02:04 PM   #97
DarthJaq

Jaq Inda Box's Gamercard
Hello there, long time lurker, first time poster.

I too was glitched on this achievement. So I did what Demon said, started over. I have a 360s and saved the new game to my console memory, used codes to unlock characters, and did free play after every level. It popped as I got the last kit on Zillo beast. I don't know if it had anything to do with it, but this time I did not do the hidden levels on the Invisible Hand. I did all of the Republic missions first. So just another wrench to throw in the system if you still have issues.
DarthJaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:38 PM   #98
Savrals

Savrals's Gamercard
thanks Demon, i think i ll give it another try.
Savrals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:12 PM   #99
GhostFalcon3

Goreman 3's Gamercard
i'm just about to pick up this game and it's unfortunate to hear. Let's hope demons know-how is good to work.

GhostFalcon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:46 AM   #100
Demon596

Demon596's Gamercard
Hey everyone, just checking the old posts and glad to see this is still helping a lot of people and thanks for the thank posts people have left, makes me wonder if writing helpful posts are all responded to this well :P.

Us fellow achievement hunters gotta watch out for one and another

Good luck to all still tackling this tricky one.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:32 PM   #101
princit

princit's Gamercard
Hey, guys. I also had problem with this achievement and did what Demon596 told. I got the achievement but at the wrong time, it popped on Zilo Beast, after I got my 5th mini-kit. So yeah really glitched achievement.
Some extra information: I never left the starting place on the hub, didn't even build the elevator. The extra levels remained untouched. Game crashed once during story on Grievous route (still much better than the 6 crashing I had on my first playthrough). At one of final levels, I messed up and got 1 mini-kit during story mode, but finished it anyway instead of exiting and trying it again. This same level I had to play twice on free play because I missed two mini-kits (again, finished the level instead of trying all over again). And I always, always, played the levels until the end rather than save and exit.
Hope my story helps anyone trying to get this achievement or even figure out what causes the glitch.
princit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:08 PM   #102
Fester

Is this the only glitch I need to worry about? I'm starting this one soon.

Demon, I'll keep your method in mind. Thanks
Fester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:23 AM   #103
jedifrog21

jedifrog21's Gamercard
I followed your guide on my second run as this glitched for me the first time. Finished every story level and freeplay of the first 18 levels except the freeplay for Legacy of Terror. It unlocked for me when I picked up my first minikit on that level so I didn't have to do the epilogue or the two Sith levels. Idk if Demon's strategy would work on the first run or it's just randomly glitched but definitely worked on my second run. Thanks dude! I HATE when companies release something that's not ready AND don't patch it
jedifrog21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:27 PM   #104
sparhawk909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon596 View Post
Hey everyone. So I have some good news and some bad news for you all. The good news is that the achievement unlocked on my second playthrough, the bad news however is that it unlocked when it shouldn't have...

So really quickly I will explain what I did on my second playthrough to get this achievement so many are having problems with in hopes that it will unlock for you.

Pre-requisistes:
- Completed game on save slot 1 (Or whichever one you used).
- Collected all gold/red bricks.
- Collected all minikits (and achievement didn't pop).
- Collected all characters.
- Had a percentage of 100% completed game.

Now these stats may not have to be had or not but it is what I had when I finished playthrough 1 on save slot 1.

Start of playthrough 2:
- Start a brand new playthrough on save slot 2.
- Enter in the cheat codes to unlock characters for the free play levels to collect minikits (A dark jedi, a bounty hunter, an astromech droid, jar jar, MagnaGuard or Robonino, a rapid firer, a protocol droid, a tiny guy, a bad guy ship and a missile ship). Also to make things easier you may enter other cheats to make the levels and freeplay levels go quicker such as invincibility and what not, it's up to you.
- Next choose a level and complete it on story mode without collecting any mini kits.
- Right after the level is complete, play the same level in freeplay mode. Since you have used the cheats to unlock all necessary characters/ships to collect minikits now is the time to do so.
*NOTE* - This may or may not be important I'm not sure but when going for the minikits that require multiple items to be destroyed or collected such as rocks and what not, try to destroy all the items in that group before moving onto another group of items i.e if you need to destroy 10 rocks and 5 trees in one level, go for the rocks first and then the trees or vice versa.
- Complete the level to the end, do not, I repeat DO NOT exit and save to complete the level. I have read multiple posts saying you can and the achievement will unlock but the extra minutes (yes minutes, the levels aren't long) will not hurt you and may be the difference in either getting the achievement or not.
*NOTE* - If you are about to finish a level and realize you have not collected all ten minikits within that level just exit WITHOUT saving and start again. Once again I cannot confirm if this is crucial or not for the achievement to unlock but are you really willing to risk it on one missed minikit? It's up to you.
- When the end level stats screen comes up it is okay to skip past the screens that have nothing to do with the minikits stats. Once the minikits stats screen appears let them count up one after the other until all ten are accounted for and your new character explodes into blue studs .
- Rinse and repeat until all levels are completed.

Now in my case my achievement popped when I was playing my last level The Castle of Doom during my freeplay run. After I had collected my first minikit in that level the achievement popped soon after. I still collected the remaining nine and finished the level.

So who knows when it will unlock for you but hopefully by following this mini guide you should be able to finish off this game and add another 1000/1000 lego game to your gamer card. Best of luck to all who still need this elusive bugger and hope this helps.

Thank you for your advice. I got the achievement on my third playthrough. For me, it popped during The Zillo Beast on my 7th minikit. I still had 12 more minikits to get (I did not do Castle of Doom yet). Therefore we can conclude this achievement is seriously glitched.
sparhawk909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:44 PM   #105
JONBLEACH

Bleach x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
My friend over xbox live got this game as a code when he bought a new xbox and he didnt want the game so he gave it to me.
I fully beat Lego Indy Jones 1 and Lego Batman.
I really like these games but they give me a headache after a while trying to figure out the puzzles involved. Anyways this post will prob come in handy for me too.
Gamertag: Bleach x360a
JONBLEACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:12 AM   #106
x SNAKE5 x

x SNAKE5 x's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'm about to embark on collecting all the mini-kits, and assuming it will glitch thanks for the advice above....looks like it will come in handy!

100% Complete Retail: 12 Arcade: 22
90%+ Complete Retail: 27 Arcade: 5
75%+ Complete Retail: 29 Arcade: 11

PSN ID: SNAKES-774
x SNAKE5 x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:35 PM   #107
JONBLEACH

Bleach x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Well they said it will glitch and that was in 2011 its now 2012 and there was a patch/update 1st time playing it so im hoping its fixeed
Gamertag: Bleach x360a
JONBLEACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:15 AM   #108
xSynGatesXx

xSynGatesXx's Gamercard
Are the achievements for completing Storm Over Ryloth and Zillo Beast glitched for anyone else? :/ It's a great game, but this is ridiculous.
Old 05-12-2012, 06:36 AM   #109
Joshua Owens

Joshua Owens's Gamercard
Thanks for the info Demon596 I'm going to give it a shot
Old 06-06-2012, 02:39 AM   #110
seaborneadam

Send a message via MSN to seaborneadam Send a message via Skype™ to seaborneadam

seaborneadam's Gamercard
started the wonderful demons guide the other night as I assume from the positive feedback it works, I keep losing my concentration and hitting A its kind of stuck with me from my last playthrough so I'm gonna start again :/ thanks for the info though demon I hope it works for me
Old 06-30-2012, 04:00 PM   #111
Law Ram

Law Ram's Gamercard
All mini Kits collected - no achievement.... Grrr! I dont want to restart the game again either...
Law Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:16 AM   #112
Earthbound_X

EarthboundX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtScreamMDK View Post
Just an FYI if someone stumbles on this thread or if someone is still having trouble. My first run through (using save and quit) glitched on me and I never got the achievement. I started a second run through (completing each free play to the end), but I copied my save file before I got the last 10 minikits. The achievement still glitched on me. I restored my save file (10 minikits to go) and cleared my HD's cache. replayed the last level, and the achievement popped as I collected the last minikit. It may not be an actual fix to the problem, but its worth a try if anyone is having a problem.
That sounds like a great idea, gonna backup my save when I only have 10 to go.

So far I've been saving and quitting out of levels, have not done the arcade mode achievement yet, planning on doing it last, so no second player ever, and I've yet to buy any of the minikit characters.

And yeah, they won't ever be patching this, I bet because it doesn't effect everyone, and patches cost 40 to 50 thousands dollars.

Though I hear the first patch on the 360 is free, have they patched this game once yet?

I'll post again if it pops or not.

Earthbound_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:50 AM   #113
Earthbound_X

EarthboundX's Gamercard
Alright, I just got it, at the right time.

After some thinking, I think I may know why this glitches and how to fix it.

I noticed when I went through and finished the story, I didn't get 4 of the story achievements. I got them, once I played through those levels in Freeplay.

I think the Minikit achievement glitch may work in this manner too, but unlike the levels achievements, you can't just replay levels to get the kits again.

So as long as you have a backup save, you should have a chance to try again, and it may unlock the second time.

If this is how the glitch happens, nothing you do in the game should matter in causing the glitch, like quitting and saving, co-op, or anything else like that. It may just be an achievement glitch like the level completed achievements not unlocking.

Though I could be completely wrong, since it also sometimes unlocks early for some people. But a backup save would still be a good idea.

Last edited by Earthbound_X; 08-24-2012 at 06:56 AM.
Earthbound_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:44 PM   #114
wcellon

Panthera onca's Gamercard
This glitched for me as well! I started this game a couple years ago and quit playing it because it was really not much fun. I just started it back up and finished collecting all the mini-kits and the achievement did not unlock.

Can anyone tell me about how much time we are talking about to redo all the stories and recollect all the mini-kits (by starting a new save)?

According to the in-game clock, I have played over 43 hours and still haven't done the assault missions. This is definitely the worst, longest, and most tedious LEGO game of them all.
wcellon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:38 PM   #115
DragonFart76

DragonFart76's Gamercard
I kind of used Demons method after my game failed to pop the minikit cheevo with a few exceptions. I ran through the first 10 or so missions on story mode before i saw his post. I then went back and freeplayed them all for the kits. I then did demons method to the letter and the cheevo popped on HostageCrisis after getting my 2nd minikit.

Thanks Demon, for allowing me to finally put this game in my completed file.

DragonFart76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:23 PM   #116
LEEDS KNIGHT

LEEDS KNIGHT's Gamercard
Demon596 = Legend!
This glitched first time round (grrr), so I followed the guide.
Used codes to get: Fast Build, Invincibility & Mini-kit detector
And various characters including Cad Bane - since you'll need a hover guy for one level, etc.
Didn't always get the multiple items for a kit in order (I don't think it's always possible) and it popped on 7/10 on Grievous Intrigue (didn't need to play Zillo or Castle levels).

Thanks very much, Demon - feel free to go work for TT some time soon.
LEEDS KNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:27 PM   #117
killerkilbee12345

THE FEaRED's Gamercard
lego bugs/glitches

i know people have not got the achievement and have all the minikits but when i had all of them except 1 from castle of doom it unlocked so i think there is a major bug in the game as this should not occur.
also sometimes there has beeen a glitch where the levels are no loading properly but i think that is to do with the disc but i may be wrong
killerkilbee12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:53 PM   #118
rye007

burgerboyrye's Gamercard
Question

Hey,
I had the minikit achievement glitch on me last year when I played it. I was that pissed off, I deleted my game saves. However I now wanna try and get it, I have started a new game and am not collecting the minikit a till I am on free play. Does any 1 have a clue if this would still work
rye007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:15 PM   #119
introvertpoet

Send a message via Yahoo to introvertpoet

introvertpoet's Gamercard
Still Sucks That this Glitch Was Never Resolved. Only achievement I'm Missing ForThis Game.
introvertpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:51 PM   #120
JordanSTurner

JordanSTurner's Gamercard
Does anyone know a guaranteed fix for this achievement?
JordanSTurner is offline   Reply With Quote